• Published 23rd Feb 2020
  • 5,018 Views, 382 Comments

Regression: Isekai of Equestria - JackofEquestria



Jack was once a rising senior at CCU, but now he and a large chunk of South Carolina have been sent to Equestria and to top it off he's been turned into a 7-year-old.

  • ...
61
 382
 5,018

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23: Suited for Success (Last Edited: 8/11/2022)

August 8, 2020

Sky above Ponyville

The royal chariot slowly descended as it drew closer to Ponyville. Jack grinned as he watched the town grow larger and larger. He was so looking forward to sleeping on a mattress that didn't feel like a rock. Before long, he could see six figures standing near their LZ. He soon recognized them as Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Spike.

“Should I tell them about the Elements of Chaos?” he asked Celestia.

"As their target, you have a right to know about them," Celestia said. "I have already informed the Royal Court of their existence and their goals, and I was planning on informing Twilight and her friends upon her recovery. If you wish to tell them beforehand, that is up to you.” she gave Jack a stern glare. "That being said, you are not to discuss this with anypony else.”

The moment they landed, Jack was almost knocked off his feet by a yellow blur. "OOF!" he grunted.

“I was so worried!” Fluttershy sobbed, tightly hugging her adoptive son.

"I'm fine, mother," Jack said as he attempted to pull away. “Come on, let go. This is embarrassing!”

“Mother?” Celestia questioned, with a brow raised in amusement.

“I only call her that because she asked me to!” Jack yelled, his face as red as Apple Bloom’s mane.

“As fun as teasing Jack is….” Rainbow Dash started.

“Oh, come on, Dash! I thought we were cool!” Jack shouted.

Rainbow Dash stifled a snicker. "As fun as teasing him is, I think I speak for everypony here when I say I’d rather hear how Twilight’s doing.”

Spike and the other ponies nodded in agreement.

"Twilight Sparkle is recovering well," Celestia responded. "In fact, she should be returning to Ponyville with her brother tomorrow. So long as she avoids any strenuous activity for the next month, she'll be good as new. I trust the seven of you will help her through this?”

“You can count on us, Princess!” Rainbow Dash said with a salute.

"We won't let ya down," Applejack added.

“If we weren’t willing to help Twilight in her time of need, then what kind of friends would we be?” Rarity agreed.

“I’ll work extra hard! She won’t have to lift a hoof," Spike said with a salute. “Dragon’s honor!”

"Twilight's in good hooves with us, Princess," Fluttershy said as she let go of Jack.

“I’ll get started on her get-well party right away!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“I'll help Twilight in any way I can," Jack said. "Whatever she needs whenever she needs it. I swear!" he added, bringing a fist to his heart. "I won’t ignore a friend in need..." he thought to himself. "Not this time,” he muttered darkly.

"I'm so glad to see my student has made such wonderful friends," Celestia said. "I must return to Canterlot now. So, I’ll leave you all to catch up with young Jack here. I’m sure he has much to tell you.”

Once everyone said goodbye to Celestia, the chariot took off, and they began walking toward town.

“You gonna tell us about the training, or what?” Rainbow Dash asked as they walked past the Welcome to Ponyville sign.

"Yeah, tell us, Jacky!" Pinkie exclaimed.

“I’ll tell you guys when Twilight gets back," Jack said. "There's something you all need to hear.”

"Fine, but don't leave out anything cool," Rainbow Dash sighed.

After several seconds of silence, Rarity asked, “so, Jack, I was just wondering if you had anything decent to wear for the Gala?”

“What Gala?” Jack asked.

"The Grand Galloping Gala," Rarity said. "You know the most important social event in Equestria that we all have tickets to.”

With everything that had happened, Jack had forgotten all about the Gala.

"Ohhhh, that Gala," Jack said. "I was just going to use one of the outfits you made for me."

"WHAT?!" Rarity gasped, fainting dramatically. "You can't be serious, darling. The clothes I made for you are designed for casual occasions. You need something more formal."

“Really?” Jack asked. “They look like a World War I French Army uniform… or a peacock… not all that different when you think about it.”

“Are you comparing my work to tacky military garb?” Rarity asked indignantly. “Hmmpf. The nerve!”

"Relax," Jack said. "I just meant they look kinda showy."

"Oh… well, that doesn't make them formal," Rarity said, waving her hoof dismissively. "You simply must let me design something appropriate for the occasion."

"Ah honestly, don' see what the fuss about all dress nonsense is." Applejack said. "Ah’s jus' gonna wear mah work duds.”

"Yeah, I wasn't even planning on wearing a dress, to begin with," Rainbow Dash agreed. "I need to be as aerodynamic as possible if I want to impress the Wonderbolts!” she exclaimed, taking to the sky, doing 2 loop de loops, clearing 3 clouds, and landing in front of the group. “Can’t do that with a dress on.”

“It's a party, not a wedding," Pinkie Pie. "All I need is my cannon!" she said as she knocked Jack to the ground with a shot of confetti.

“WHERE DO YOU EVEN KEEP THAT THING!” Jack screamed angrily.

“I’ll never tell!” Pinkie exclaimed.

"You all simply must wear something formal to the Gala," Rarity insisted. "I'd be more than happy to make them for you, free of charge," she said before turning to Fluttershy. "What about you, Fluttershy? Would you like a new dress?"

"Oh no, I wouldn't want to be a bother," Fluttershy softly replied.

“It’s no trouble at all. In fact, I insist," Rarity said. "I'll make one for Twilight as well. Oh, this will be so fun! We can even throw a fashion show!” she declared before rushing off. “Come by Carousel Boutique tomorrow to pick them up!”

Carousel Boutique

I’ll need a new plan of attack! Something that works with his back! Something for a new recruit. It’s Jack’s new suit.” Rarity sang.

August 9, 2020

Fluttershy’s Cottage

Jack had gone straight to bed when he got home and woke up bright and early the next day. Angel hadn’t been thrilled to see his return and was sitting in a corner, glaring at him as he and Fluttershy ate their breakfast.

"Twilight and her brother will be at the station in three hours," Fluttershy informed him. "She'll need a lot of rest, but she's walking at least."

"Thank God," Jack said.

"The girls and I were planning on meeting them at the station," Fluttershy said. "Rarity wants us to swing by the boutique afterward."

As the conversation continued, there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it," Jack said as he got up from his seat.

When he opened the door, he found four fillies waiting outside. He had sort of been expecting the Crusaders, but the fourth filly was a bit of a surprise.

“Kon'nichiwa, Jack-sama!” Sakura Blossom greeted.

“What are you doing here?” Jack asked with a glare. “I was under the impression you didn’t like blank flanks.”

Sakura bowed her head apologetically. "Honto ni gomen ne. When I heard about what happened, I realized how terrible I had been to you and Apple Bloom-san. I hope you can forgive me, and we can all be friends.”

Jack’s glare softened. “Apology accepted. I assume you’ve already apologized to Bloom then?”

“She apologized tuh me last Monday after class," Apple Bloom confirmed. "Ah didn even know she had said anythin' mean 'bout me, but she seemed real sorry.”

"Well, I'm glad you were able to forgive her," Jack said with a smile. "By the way, what's with the looks? You'd think you guys hadn't seen me in months."

"We were worried," Sweetie Belle said.

"When Cheerilee said you had come down with some kind of human disease, we all tried to bring you a care package, but Fluttershy said you were too sick for us to come in!" Scootaloo explained.

"Well, I'm fine now," Jack smiled. "By the way, Scootaloo. You're not still grounded, are you? I wouldn't want you to get in any more trouble."

"My aunts let me off yesterday," Scootaloo said.

"They let her help us with the care package, though," Sweetie Belle said.

"That's great!" Jack said. "You guys want to go to the park and hang out?"

“Yeah!” the fillies exclaimed.

"Just remember to be at the station in time to meet Twilight," Fluttershy called from inside.

"Yes, Mother!"

Friendship Express

Shining Armor had gotten a private coach attached to the Ponyville Express. Perks of being an E.U.P. captain. It was made of mahogany with a silk lining and the Equestrian Coat of Arms was carved into every wall. The seats were lined with imported Kashmir and the windows were made of crystal.

The train was about a mile and a half out from Ponyville Station. Personally, he would have preferred to stay in Canterlot, but Twilight had insisted on returning to Ponyville to be with her friends.

"I can't wait to introduce you to my friends," Twilight said.

"I'm looking forward to it," Shining Armor replied. "You've written so much about them in your letters. I'm glad you've finally opened up."

Twilight sighed and frowned. "Before I met my friends in Ponyville, I never really understood the point of friendship." Her face lit up. "But now I don't know how I ever lived without it!"

“Your friends must be wonderful ponies, Twily," Shining Armor sighed.

“What’s wrong?” Twilight pried.

"I guess I was just expecting my first meeting with the Elements of Harmony to be more official....," Shining Armor said before quietly adding, "and sooner."

Twilight tilted her head in confusion. “What do you mean?”

"The Royal Guard's job is to protect the Royal family and other important members of Equestrian society," Shining Armor said. "When Princess Celestia explained her plan to recover the Elements and redeem Princess Luna, I assumed I'd be meeting with the Bearers shortly after. It’s been months, and the Princesses haven't even requested a guard detachment to protect you and your friends.”

"Maybe Princess Celestia thinks we can protect ourselves," Twilight offered. "I'm sure you just haven't met them because she's had more important things for you to do."

Shining Armor chuckled.

“What’s so funny?” Twilight asked.

"Not much," Shining Armor answered. "It's just I'm supposed to be the one making you feel better, and here you are, cheering me up."

Ponyville Station

Spike, Jack, and the Mane Six eagerly waited on the platform.

Spike, in particular, was having a hard time containing his excitement. “There it is!” he gleefully exclaimed when the locomotive appeared over the horizon.

When the train came to a complete stop, the station staff rushed toward an ornate coach with a large E.U.P. logo painted on the side. When its doors opened, Twilight stepped out onto the platform.

“Twilight!” everyone called at once as they rushed towards her.

Upon reaching her, everyone except for Jack practically tackled Twilight in a group hug.

"I missed you all," Twilight said with a smile.

"Come on, you guys, give her some breathing room," Jack chided.

As the ponies dispersed, Shining Armor walked out of the coach with a large cart full of luggage, and Jack immediately stood at attention.

“Everypony, this is my brother, Shining Armor," Twilight introduced.

"Twily's told me so much about all of you," Shining Armor said. Chuckling at Jack, he said, "there's no need for you to stand at attention, Jack. Neither of us is on duty."

“Oh…” Jack said, letting out an awkward laugh as he took on a more casual stance.

“Hey, Spike," Shining Armor said as his eyes locked onto the purple dragon. “I think you’ve grown a bit since the last time I saw you.”

“I knew those special gemstones I bought would pay off!” Spike said as he proudly flexed his flimsy arms.

“How about we all head to the Library and catch up?” asked Twilight.

“We’d love to, Twilight, but first, I have a surprise for you at the boutique," Rarity said.

“Spike and I will take our luggage back to the library, Twily," Shining Armor said. "You really should catch up with your friends."

Twilight pulled Shining Armor and Spike into a hug. “Thank you both so much.”

Carousel Boutique

When they arrived at the boutique, Rarity had everyone shut their eyes before going inside.

“That's it. Keep them closed. Don't look,” Rarity said until they stopped. “Okay, you can look now!”

Jack was secretly impressed with his suit, but the others were clearly underwhelmed.

Rarity went on about each outfit as her friends stared blankly. “Aren’t they all amazing?” she asked when she finished.

The ponies tried to come up with complements until Rainbow Dash finally announced her true feelings.

“Mine's just not as cool as I was imagining," Rainbow Dash blurted out, eliciting glares from the others. “She asked.”

"I really appreciate the effort, Rarity, but I already have a dress I was planning to wear to the Gala," Twilight said.

Jack coughed loudly, "Ungrateful fucks," he muttered before coughing again.

“Now now, Jack, there's no need for that language," Rarity said. "If my first attempt was unsatisfactory, I’m more than willing to redo them.”

The ponies made a few pathetic attempts at feigning satisfaction and telling Rarity they didn't want to impose, but the fashionista was having none of it.

“Oh, it's no imposition," Rarity laughed, barely hiding her annoyance. "Really, I insist.”

“Well, in that case... I look forward to seeing what you have in store for me, Rarity," Twilight said with a smile.

Rarity let off strained laughter as her friends left. “What have I gotten myself into?” she asked as the door slammed shut.

August 10, 2020

Ponyville School

When Jack returned to class for the first time since his trip, he received a hero's welcome. The Crusaders had thoroughly regaled their classmates with the tale of their journey to his homeland and even embellished a few points. Apparently, the story had gone from him shooting Morte while he wasn’t looking to him physically, ripping the immortal unicorn away from Twilight, and scaring him off with a single glance.

"Wath he really ten feet tall?" Twist asked.

"Scootaloo told me he was twenty!" Snips exclaimed.

Jack shot Scootaloo a look, "Really?" he asked. "None of that is true," he explained to the class. "He was five feet tall at most, and all I did was shoot him."

"Shoot him?" Pip enquired. "Like with an arrow?"

"Something like that," Jack nodded.

"I told you that blank flank made up all those stories," Diamond Tiara sneered.

"Yeah, I'll bet this stallion took one look at that ape and ran away from the ugly!" Silver Spoon agreed.

"Bump! Bump! Sugarlump! Rump!" the two bullies chanted.

Carousel Boutique

Once class ended, Jack went straight to Rarity's to try on his new suit.

"You really didn't need to do this, Rare," Jack said. "I actually liked the suit you made me yesterday."

“Oh pshh, it was no trouble at all,” Rarity dismissed.

“Hello?” Fluttershy asked as she walked into the room. “You wanted to see me, Rarity?”

“Excuse me, Jack," Rarity said as she trotted over to where Fluttershy was standing. "I'm so glad you came, Fluttershy. Your new-new gown's ready," she informed, leading the pegasus to the dressing room. “I completely revised it, and I know you're going to love it.”

Rarity wasted no time getting Fluttershy in her dress and bringing her to the mirror. “What do you think?”

Fluttershy attempted to avoid answering, but Rarity persistently pestered her until the shy pegasus finally snapped, telling Rarity that the stitching was wrong and that she would prefer Prench haute couture, among other things. As Rarity stood with her mouth, agape Jack burst through the door wearing his suit.

"Hey, Rare, I know I said the suit was good, but it's kinda itchy, and it feels like the pants are cutting into my ass."

“Oh, Opal. These are the ugliest dresses I've ever made," Rarity lamented to her cat.

"Meow," Opel replied.

"I know Jack's suit looks fine," Rarity said. "But I used almost every spool of silk in the boutique, making it comfortable, and now I'll have to buy more,” she sighed.

“Meow.”

"Yes, I suppose I had better tell them everything's ready."

Half an Hour Later

Jack stood with his mouth agape at the monstrosities in front of him. Twilight's dress was so long that it seemed like it would be impossible to where without tripping, and it was decorated like a planetarium, Applejack's looked like it belonged to a cowboy-themed gigolo, Fluttershy’s literally had a birds nest in it, Rainbow Dash’s looked like it belonged to a Spartan at a pride rally, and Pinkie’s looked like someone decided to splice the genes of a peacock and a cupcake.

“Okay. I did exactly what each of you asked for," Rarity said as Opel hissed and swiped at Twilight's dress. “Now, don't hold back. Let me know what you really think.”

“Oh my!” Twilight said excitedly.

“It's... perfect!” Fluttershy praised.

“It's cool!” Rainbow Dash agreed.

“Why they're the best duds I ever did see," Applejack said.

“It's exactly what I asked for!” the ponies said all at once.

Seriously?” Jack thought.

Rarity let out a sigh of relief as her friends marveled at their dresses.

“Thank you, Rarity," Twilight said.

“Are you as happy with them as we are?” Pinkie asked as she got in Rarity’s face. “Huh? Huh? Huh?”

“Well, I'm... happy that all of you are happy," Rarity said. “I'm just relieved to finally be done.”

There was a slam, and everyone turned to see Spike panting in the doorway. "You are never gonna believe this!” he exclaimed. “You've heard of Hoity Toity?”

“You mean that guy on the Royal Court?” Jack asked.

"That's the one," Spike confirmed. "And the owner of the Equestrian Fashion Show too. He heard about your fashion show. Well, maybe I happened to mention it to him... he's coming here all the way from Canterlot to see your work, Rarity!”

This could be bad," Jack thought as his eyes scanned the ugly dresses Rarity had made.

“Whoa, Nelly!” Applejack said as she turned to Rarity. “You could sell a ton o' dresses to this guy. Yer business will be boomin'!”

“Hoity Toity?” Rarity whimpered. “He's coming here? To see THESE dresses?”

“Yep! Get ready for all of your dreams to come true," Spike confirmed.

Rarity’s right eye twitched as she thought about how her reputation was about to be ruined.

Later that Night

Town Square

When Mayor Mare heard that Hoity Toity would be coming to town for a fashion show, she wasted no time converting the Town Hall into a stage. Jack and the Mane Six were currently behind the curtain, getting ready.

Rarity poked her head out from the curtain and gasped as she spotted Hoity Toity, making his way through the crowd, “there he is.”

The stuck-up fashion show owner in question made his way to the front row and clapped his hooves, signaling for a servant to lay a pillow where he planned to sit.

“Okay. Relax, Rarity. Your friends like their outfits, and so will he," Rarity rationalized. The lights switched off, and she let out a squeal, “what's wrong with the lights?! Oh, yes. That means the show's starting. Good.”

The D.J., an up-and-comer techno musician named Vinyl Scratch, put on the record, and the spotlight shined down on the stage.

Bringing the microphone up to his face, Spike announced the show was about to begin.

Jack and the Mane Six walked down the catwalk as the ponies watching murmured to themselves. Jack couldn’t bear to look cringing with his face in his right palm as his friends walked confidently alongside him.

“Why's everypony lookin' at us like that?” Applejack asked as they reached the end of the platform.

"Oh, gee, I wonder," Jack said, rolling his eyes.

Twilight looked down to her skirt and then up to her hat. “Oh, dear.”

“You think we overdid it?” Rainbow Dash whispered.

“Nah," Applejack dismissed before looking at her boots. “Okay, maybe a little.”

“Oh, those amateurish designs look like a piled-on mishmash of everything but a kitchen sink!” Hoity Toity complained. “It's a travesty, is what it is. Those outfits are the ugliest things I've ever seen, oh for shame! The only decent piece among them is that silk suit, but it’s wasted on that monkey! Who is responsible for subjecting our eyes to these horrors? Not to mention wasting my valuable time.”

“Come on out and take a bow, Rarity," Spike obliviously said from the stage. “You worked really hard for this.”

Rarity slowly made her way down the catwalk; her face dipped in shame. Jack and the rest of the Mane Six could only stand there cringing at what they’d done.

August 13, 2020

Golden Oak Library

It had been three days since the fashion show, and Rarity hadn’t left her home since. Everyone felt incredibly bad about what had happened, and after a failed attempt at getting her to come out, Twilight decided to call a meeting to discuss what could be done.

"We really messed up," Rainbow Dash sighed.

"She can't stay inside forever," Pinkie pointed out.

"No, but Ah reckon she'll be in there a while longer, all things considered," Applejack said.

“I think she might come out if we make it up to her,” Twilight said.

"And how do you plan on doing that?" Jack scoffed. "It's not like we can just do the fashion show over.”

“Actually, that's exactly what we're going to do," Twilight said matter of factly.

“How?” Jack asked.

"That would be where I come in," Shining Armor said.

“Shining Armor, sir," Jack saluted. "I didn't realize you were here."

"I already told you that you don't need to salute when we're off duty, Jack," Shining Armor said before clearing his throat. "Anyway, Twily already told me everything. It’s true that Hoity Toity probably wouldn’t listen to a word from any of you, but I’m pretty well respected on the Court. I think he’ll listen to me.”

Canterlot

After a relatively short ride on the Friendship Express, Jack and Shining Armor arrived in Canterlot. Presently they were making their way up to a large mansion several blocks east of the castle. The Captain knocked on the large blackwood door, which opened to reveal a sharply dressed earth pony butler.

“Yes?” the butler asked in a poshly.

“Is Hoity Toity here?” asked Jack.

"That depends," the butler said. "Who exactly is asking?”

"Tell Hoity that Captain Shining Armor is waiting for him," said Shining Armor ordered.

“Of course, captain," the butler bowed before beckoning them inside.

“Please, make yourselves at home while I inform Master Toity of your arrival," the butler said before leaving them in the foyer.

Hoity Toity’s Office

These new policies the princesses have been advocating for are ridiculous," Hoity Toity thought to himself as he read the local paper. "First, they want us to decrease taxes on the peasants, and now they want to start taxing everypony else. It’s all that ruffian army captain’s fault planting ideas into Princess Celestia's mind like that. The nerve!

He was snapped out of his thoughts by a knock on the door.

“Yes?”

"Captain Shining Armor is waiting for you in the foyer, sir," the butler said behind the door.

“Bring him up, please!” Hoity shouted.

Foyer

Jack impatiently tapped his left foot on the floor as he waited. It had been only ten minutes since the butler had asked them to wait, but he really didn’t want to be there to begin with.

"Master Toity has requested your presence in his office," the butler informed upon his return.

"Lead on then," Shining Armor said.

The butler led them through several halls decked with elegant tapestries from all over the world. Jack noted a resemblance in some pieces with Islamic, Chinese, and even Native American works from his own world. They stopped at a door decorated with ornate depictions of the many races present in this world. Jack noted that there was somewhat of a pattern on the door. At the top was a large alicorn. Below were an earth pony, a unicorn, and a pegasus. Below that were a zebra, a donkey, and a seahorse who themselves were above a cow, a yak, a buffalo, a sheep, and a goat, which, in turn, were above a griffon, a dragon, a minotaur, and several creatures he didn't recognize.

The butler knocked lightly.

"Come in," Hoity Toity called from inside.

“To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit, Captain?” Hoity asked as Shining Armor walked in. “And what is this monkey doing with you?” he asked with narrowed eyes as Jack followed.

"We came to ask you to give Rarity another chance," Jack said.

"And why would I do that?" the fashion pony scoffed. "That amateur wasted my time last night, and in case you haven't figured it out yet, I don’t like you.”

“Then perhaps you’d do it as a favor to me?” Shining Armor interjected.

“What’s got you so interested in this?” Hoity Toity asked.

"My sister is one of the models," Shining Armor answered.

I could use this to my advantage.” Hoity Toity thought. “Very well, but you’ll owe me a favor.”

“What kind of favor?” Shining Armor asked.

“I’ll tell you when I need it.”

Shining Armor hesitated for a quarter of a minute. “Deal.”

Carousel Boutique

Rarity stood in her room dressed in a bathrobe, talking to her reflection in the mirror about going into exile. She continued on until she heard a meow from outside.

Opening her window, she spotted the cat hanging onto a branch for dear life. "Huh? Opal?”

The cat gave off another terrified meow as it continued to cling on for dear life.

“Opal, how did you get up there?” Rarity asked. “Hang on, you poor dear! Mama's coming!” she said as she frantically rushed downstairs.

When she got outside and reached the tree, she found Rainbow Dash perched on the branch next to Opel. “Rainbow Dash?! How dare you strand my poor Opal in a tree?” she asked with a glare.

“Well, how else were we gonna get you out here to show you this?" Rainbow Dash asked, pointing to where the rest of the Mane Six were standing with her completed dress.

“What is it? It's not... you...” Rarity gasped.

“We all finished your dress for you," Pinkie Pie said.

“Thanks tuh Fluttershy's freaky knowledge of sewin'," Applejack added.

“Do you like it?” Fluttershy asked with a blush.

“Like it?" Rarity asked, moving in for a closer look. “Like it?!”

“Uh-oh," Fluttershy dipped her head. “She doesn't like it.”

“No, I don't like it," Rarity answered.

“Awww," her friends said in disappointment.

“I love it!” Rarity exclaimed.

“Yay!” her friends shouted.

“You ponies did an amazing job. It's exactly the way I imagined it," Rarity said.

“We just followed your brilliant design," Fluttershy said.

“Like we should have let you do for our outfits,” Twilight said. “Those first dresses you designed were perfect.”

“We're so super sorry," Pinkie said.

“You worked really hard to make our dresses exactly the way we wanted them," Rainbow Dash said as she brought Opel down. “We all saw how well that turned out.”

“Oh, I forgive you," Rarity said as Opel hopped on her back.

“Well, that's mighty big of ya," Applejack said.

“But my whole career is still ruined!” Rarity said dramatically.

“Oh, right. That," Applejack said.

“Maybe not," Twilight said, looking over to where her brother and Jack were waiting with Hoity Toity.

“All right, I haven't got all day," Hoity Toity scoffed.

Carousel Boutique

A small stage had been set up inside the boutique. Rarity, Shining Armor, Jack, and Hoity Toity all stood around it as Opel played with Hoity’s mane.

“Take two," Hoity Toity sighed, pushing Opel out of the way.

Spike shut the curtains, and Rarity walked onto the stage. With a glow from her horn, purple illusionary stars covered the room as Twilight walked on stage with her dress.

“Hello...” Hoity pulled down his glasses. “Oh, this can't be the same designer.”

The stars were replaced with an apple orchard as Applejack took the stage in her dress.

“Simply magnificent! And I suddenly have a fierce craving for some Dutch apple pie, candied apples on a stick, apple turnovers, apple cobbler...”

The illusion changed to an assortment of candy raining down as Pinkie took the stage. As a finishing touch, several pieces landed on her dress, fusing with the fabric.

“Brilliant!”

There was a crash of thunder as the illusion turned to clouds, which Rainbow Dash burst through in her dress.

“Oh, spectacular!”

The illusion changed to vines and butterflies as Fluttershy took the stage. One of the insects settled in the pegasus's mane fusing with the outfit.

“Now, this is a fashion show!” Hoity Toity clapped. “All of these dresses are absolutely amazing. Who is responsible? Step forward, show yourself!”

The illusion stopped as Rarity walked out in her gown.

“Brava! Brava! Magnifico! Encore!” Hoity Toity cheered.

“Oh, thank you. Thank you! Oh, thank you so much!” Rarity exclaimed.

As Twilight began reciting her letter to Celestia, Jack turned to Shining Armor. “I think that went well.”

"Finally dropping the sir, are we?" Shining Armor smirked. "Yeah, I'd say this went well. Rarity's certainly got a bright future ahead of her with Hoity’s backing.” His face took on a more serious expression as he thought, “I just hope I don’t end up regretting agreeing to a favor.”

Hoity Toity walked over to Rarity. “Rarity, my congratulations to you on a most impressive fashion debut. Would you do me the great honor of allowing me to feature your couture in my Best of the Best Boutique in Canterlot?”

Rarity could only let out a gasp in response.

“Now, I'll need you to make a dozen of each dress for me by next Tuesday.”

Rarity laughed weakly as Hoity walked away.

“What’s wrong?” Jack asked.

"I don't have enough silk," Rarity answered quietly.

Jack looked at his suit and put two and two together. "I'll pay you back, I swear!"

"That much silk will cost at least 1000 bits, darling," Rarity said. "I don't think you have enough."

"1000 bits?" Shining Armor asked. "That's about a quarter paycheck. I could have the finance department take it out of Jack's paycheck and send it to you."

"I really wouldn't want to impose," Rarity said.

"I insist," Jack argued.

Rarity reluctantly agreed, and they spent the rest of the night celebrating her financial success.

Author's Note:

Not sure how I feel about this chapter. I liked the way I wrote it, but it's just so long.
Next Time Oni-Hime rendezvous with Løgner in the Everfree Forrest to discuss Blutknochen's dissatisfaction with recent events. Meanwhile, Jack reveals the Truth about the Elements of Chaos to the Mane Six.

PreviousChapters Next