• Published 20th Dec 2019
  • 2,531 Views, 18 Comments

The Friendly Plague - TheClownPrinceofCrime



An ancient rival disrupts Grogar’s take over of Equestria and uses a source of power that threatens all life.

  • ...
4
 18
 2,531

Epilogue

Everypony and every creature finished their work and carried Slash’s bones to Gusty and her friends. “This is what remains of our bitter enemy: his bones.” Grogar solemnly spoke. He turned to Joypath. “I believe you would like to keep his remains for yourself, Joypath. I’m sure your kind are very fond of bones.”

“Yep! We hyenas have the strongest biting force out of every creature! Bones are my favorite appetizer! Mmm-mmm!” Joypath said, licking her chops. She took the broken bones and ate them one by one. Everypony celebrated the demise of Equestria’s deadliest threat. Also, they thanked Grogar and the other villains for helping them defeat Slash.

The Legion of Doom were surprised by their warm reception. They didn’t know what to think of their words of gratitude. Still, they waved their hands/hooves in acknowledgement. Gusty and the Mane 6 went to them to say a few words to them.

“I know that this may sound strange, but we want to thank you for helping us save Equestria.” Twilight said. “However, I remain aware that you still might terrorize Equestria anytime in the future. So we are going to give you a choice as follows: you can either accept the magic of friendship and learn about friendship, or you go back to your old ways and scheme to take over Equestria. But, as you know, no matter how many times you may try, you’ll always fail. But it’s your calling. I won’t force you to choose.” she finished.

Grogar stood beside Gusty and expectantly looked upon the four villains for their decision. The villains considered her words, discussed it with each other, then got back to the ponies. “The magic of friendship does seem appealing; however, considering how much powerful I am compared to all of you here, I refuse to accept your low ideals. I am King Sombra who grovels to no pony!” he said before turning to Grogar. “Since you are surrendering your desires to take over Equestria, I will gladly take it back for myself. Enjoy your life.” He then turned to the trio. “If you need my assistance in conquering this land, let me know. It’s been an honor working with you three. See you later, ponies! Be prepared for my next invasion! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!” Sombra finished as he dissolved to shadowy form and vanished into thin air.

“I knew he was going to say that.” Grogar muttered.

“I guess being completely vaporized in the most graphic way possible is his new fetish then!” Pinkie said.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if he actually liked that.” Starlight added.

Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow stepped forward. “Like Sombra, we too shall not accept the magic of...ugh...friendship.” Tirek spoke, straining the last word as if it was disgusting to him. “However, unlike Sombra, we realize that even evil has its own limits. When we were fighting against Slash, I personally felt as if I was fighting against myself, considering how I was power-hungry also. I now understand the cruelty of jealousy and hatred when they becloud the judgement of the mind.”

“Yeah, I mean being a villain sure is a lot of work, y’know. So you could consider us as neutral.” Cozy concurred. Suddenly, she remembered something and turned to Grogar. “Hey Grogar, can I keep my alicorn powers pleeeeaaaaseee!!!” she asked with a cutesy look on her face.

Grogar rolled his eyes and turned to Gusty who just shrugged in response. Thinking it over, he turned to Cozy. “If you want to remain an alicorn, you will have to take tutorials with Twilight, Celestia, and Luna.” Grogar answered firmly. Cozy’s pupils shrunk in shock.

“Huh?! Why?!” she asked.

“Because you don’t have adequate knowledge on how to skillfully cast a spell on an opponent! I noticed that when you kept blasting at Slash. Therefore, they will show you how it’s done properly. If you fail those tutorials, I will strip that alicorn power from you into my bell. Understand?” Grogar sternly commanded. She lowered her head in defeat.

“Okay fine...I guess.” Cozy conceded.

“I am taking a long vacation somewhere. I need some refreshment and a long break from this place. Chrysalis, would you like to join me?” Tirek asked her.

“Hmmm, perhaps a vacation wouldn’t bother. Cozy, stay out of trouble, okay?” Chrysalis told her.

“Yeah, yeah, I know.” Cozy said, rolling her eyes.

“Oh and by the way...” Chrysalis continued just as she shot a death glare at Starlight. “Do not think for a moment I have forgotten our last encounter, Starlight Glimmer!! I’m still having my revenge on you!”

“Oh gee, can’t wait for that day when it comes.” Starlight sarcastically replied, smirking.

“And keep your infectious magic of friendship with you! Anyway, I’m done with Equestria...for now.” she said before looking at Tirek. “Can you revert back to your second grown form? I’m more fond of that than of this form you’re in.”

“Seriously?! You’re actually gonna—oh fine, if that’s what you like. At least I’ll still have some of those good muscles on me.” he said, grinning at his biceps and kissing them. He opened his mouth and gave back the magic Grogar gave to him earlier. It returned to his bell. Tirek was then back to his second grown form. He and Chrysalis then left Ponyville for a relaxing vacation.

Twilight then turned to Applejack, Spike, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Starlight with a frown. “The six of you will have to do some community service once this is all done. I know you were all corrupted by Slash, but you are going to have to make up for all the damage you have done in Ponyville.” they bowed their heads down in deep shame.

“You’re right, Twilight. Ah feel so guilty knowin’ the innocent lives ah helped take away.” Applejack mourned.

“Me too. I can’t believe I did those horrible to our FRIENDS!! I’m gonna be hated a lot by so many ponies!!” Pinkie added, tearing up.

“(Sniff) I’ll be having nightmares forever after this!!” Rarity cried.

“I’m making myself even worse considering my horrible past. I really need some mental health aide once this is over with.” Starlight said, wiping off the tears from her eyes.

“I might as well be thrown to Tartarus for this. I—I...feel...so horrible killing some of my friends! I don’t deserve to be forgiven for this!” Rainbow mourned, covering her face.

“I’m feel so remorseful right now too. I wish we would’ve never befriended that evil cat!” said Spike, punching the ground. “Being a killer of ponies—my own friends—is something I would’ve never imagined in becoming!! I don’t know how I’ll be forgiven for this.”

Twilight wrapped her hooves around her friends with a soft smile. “I understand that and don’t worry. I will help you guys as your friend and princess of friendship.” she comforted.

Then they all had a group hug and escorted them to areas where they wrecked havoc in Ponyville. During that whole afternoon, they did full-time community service in Ponyville to redeem themselves before the ponies affected by them.

Later in the evening, Twilight rejoined Grogar, Discord, and Gusty along with the ancient heroes and her friends in the town.

“I can’t believe it! You’re actually Gusty the Great!? This is so amazing!!” Twilight squealed in excitement.

“Ahh, so you’ve been reading the legends that speak of me? I’m quite surprised you are one of the few ponies that actually have read about me. Right, Grogar?” Gusty said.

“Indeed. I’ll give it to you, Twilight. You are one studious alicorn. Would it be all right if I stay in your hometown for a while? I do need to be away from my own cavern just to spend some time outside.” Grogar asked.

“Definitely! I have so many questions for you guys!! It’ll be the best evening ever!!” Twilight said.

“Is she always like this, Discord?” Grogar asked.

“Oh, you have no clue, old timer. Imagine having to spend an entire day or week with somepony whom you've either admired or feared for all your life. It’ll be like that sometimes! Hahahahaha!” Discord laughed. Grogar nodded in understanding.

“I really like your spirit, Miss Applejack. Let me teach you how to bend the ground with raw strength. That took me years to accomplish.” Groundbreak Tusk said.

“Ah would love to hear from ya, Mr. Tusk! Lead the way!” Applejack said, riding on his back. They left for Sweet Apple Acres.

“You’re quite a fast pony there, Rainbow Dash! How about I race you to Mt. Everhoof?” Sharpbeak challenged.

“Sure! I’ll totally beat you there in 10 seconds flat!” Dash boasted until she tilted her head in confusion. “Uhhh, where’s that mountain exactly?”

“See you there!” Sharpbeak said, dashing off.

“HEY, NO FAIR!! Wait for me!” Rainbow shouted, following him in hot pursuit.

“Your vanilla cupcakes taste so good, Pinkie Pie!! You would love to taste the food I cook and bake!” Joypath said, eating the last cupcake.

“Really?! Well, what are we waiting for? LET’S START BAKING!!!” Pinkie shouted enthusiastically. Both of them sped to Sugarcube Corner.

As Grogar and Gusty went with Twilight to her castle, the ancients conversed between themselves. “Do you think you’ll like it here, Grogar old buddy?” Gusty asked.

“As long as nothing and no one annoys me to no end such as Discord, then I’m sure this town will grow on me.” Grogar replied. After a long pause, he turned to his former enemy, “There’s still one thing I don’t understand. How did Slash mange to escape from Tartarus after 500 years?”

After Gusty thought about it, a realization hit her. “Oh no...I think I know why...” she said. Suddenly, a giant three-headed dog jumped in front of them and barked happily at them. Grogar and Gusty were shocked to see the guardian dog not attending his post in Tartarus. “Cerberus?! Why is he here?!” Gusty yelled.

Discord appeared in front of them on top of Cerberus. “Hehehe, that would be my fault. I was having a conversation with Slash and made a bet with him that if he can beat me at chess, I’ll release him; but if I were to win, then I would kill him. I was confident I would win, but he ended up winning at the end. So I...set him free from Tartarus. Plus, I actually played ball with this good dog this morning until he head butted the ball so hard it flew out of Tartarus and landed on your cavern home, Grogar. Your home is destroyed. He is just looking for the ball. So umm...my bad.” he sheepishly grinned.

“DISCORD!!!!!!” they both shouted angrily.

THE END

Author's Note:

Thanks to everyone reading this story. I hope you enjoyed it. Also, happy New Year to each and every one of you!🎆🎆 Have a great week and stay tuned for future stories! 2019 has been quite a rough ride but it was a decent year at best. Hope that 2020 will be better. Good night!

Comments ( 4 )

Oh i read everything
It was great!
You should do a sequel to this.

And of course it was Discord who unleashed hell by releasing a villain for his own amusement. Ponies actually died, my dude.
I love how Tirek and Chrysalis just up and left. Wonder where they went for their vacation 👀 I‘d love to read that mini sequel.
I have more fun with this story than I first thought. Wild in a few scenes, but good.

10456749
I know this reply is really late, and I wasn’t planning to reply, but after thinking it over, I might consider writing that mini-sequel... or maybe two.

10131100
human is center of universe and animals are created to served human. either change your belief or be stoned to death you heretic. holy book is circular. holy book is never wrong.:trollestia:

Login or register to comment