• Published 20th Dec 2019
  • 2,531 Views, 18 Comments

The Friendly Plague - TheClownPrinceofCrime



An ancient rival disrupts Grogar’s take over of Equestria and uses a source of power that threatens all life.

  • ...
4
 18
 2,531

Easy Prey

Slash traveled to Ponyville to commence his plan. His hunger for power and authority was greater than ever before. If he is to one-up Grogar, he must activate a source of power that is even greater than his. The evil panther knew that he will win once he gazed on the ancient artifact on his chest. He grew a wide sinister smile. “This is going to be the most joyous experience I’ll ever have. Once I put this to the test, I’ll know for sure how powerful this is. And I know just how to do this.” Slash said as he looked upon Ponyville.

In Ponyville, Twilight Sparkle just finished her duties at the School of Friendship for the day and went back to the Friendship Castle. Spike greeted her at the door. “Hey, Twilight! How did everything go today?” Spike said.

“It was all right, but at the same time, it was stressful.” said Twilight. “I’m going to be the new ruler of Equestria, and I still have to manage my duties at the school! How can I run an entire kingdom if I still have to take care of the school?!”

“At least Starlight will take your place as the new Headmare. So you won’t have to worry about that anymore.” Spike comforted.

“I know but still, it just feels...rushed. This entire transition from being Headmare to ruler of Equestria is very stressful. But I’m glad that I talked to Starlight about the job. I know that she will do very well as the new Headmare.” said Twilight.

“Hey, Twilight!” Starlight called out. Twilight and Spike turned to the unicorn who entered the room. After Twilight and Starlight embraced, the latter gave to the former a frame that contained a picture of the Mane Six hugging each other after they defeated King Sombra. Seeing the delightful picture of her best friends together caused some tears to fall out of her eyes.

“You might want to put this in your future bed chambers when you become ruler of Equestria. It will bring the memories of you guys saving Equestria and spreading the magic of friendship to all across the land. I know you’ll need it, Twilight.” Starlight said, smiling.

“Thank you, Starlight.” said Twilight as she wiped off the dropping tears from her face. “You know me so well. I’ll definitely need this to remind myself that I’m never alone. Like I said before, as long as we have each other, we will definitely handle anything life throws at us.” she finished before embracing Spike and Starlight tightly. The latter hugged her back.

*Knock Knock*

“Is somepony at the door?” Starlight asked.

“Hmmm. I’ll check it out.” Spike said. As soon as he opened the door, his eyes widened in amazement. Slash greeted him with a devious smile that gave Spike chills through his spine.

“Greetings, little dragon. Mind if I enter in this castle?” he asked.

“Whoa! Y-You t-talk?” Spike stuttered.

“Of course. Is there a problem with that?” Slash said, glaring at him.

“No! No, of course not! We’ve never seen an animal that can talk before.” Spike admitted.

“Sorry, sir, but who are you? I don’t think we’ve met before.” Twilight said, staring at the black panther who entered the room.

“You may call me...Slash.” he growled. “Quite a pleasure to meet you ponies.”

“Ummm...likewise!” Twilight uttered, snapping herself out of her stunned state. “I’m Twilight Sparkle. This is Spike, and this is Starlight Glimmer.” she introduced, pointing to herself and her two friends.

“Can we help you, Slash?” Starlight asked.

“Why, I am interested in knowing more about your species, my dear. Tell me, what do you believe in? What ideology do you cherish and uphold?” he asked.

“Well, we believe in the magic of friendship; friendships are what bring us together and bring peace and happiness throughout all of Equestria. Along with friendship comes honesty, loyalty, laughter, kindness, generosity, and of course, magic. With all these elements, we become strong and unbreakable.” Twilight explained.

This is perfect! They believe in love and friendship? This is becoming easier than I thought. What a convenient way for my master plan to succeed.” Slash thought.

“How interesting!” Slash commended.

“Yes. Now can we please talk about your ability to speak?! It’s so amazing! We’ve never seen any animal like you talk before! Fluttershy will be so surprised!” Twilight squealed excitedly.

“Uggghhhh...” Slash groaned. “These ponies can also talk! Why is everyone so flabbergasted of seeing a panther talk if they can talk too?! Ugh!! No matter. This is nonetheless trivial; no big deal. Focus on the task at hand”. he internally ranted.

“Soooo, Slash, where are you from?” Starlight asked, smiling.

“I am from the city of Tambelon, a place where one should never dwell in.” he replied.

The two ponies and Spike gasped at the mention of Tambelon. “Tambelon?! THE Tambelon?!” Twilight exclaimed.

“Oh? You’ve heard of the place?” Slash asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Yes! I’ve read many stories of the evil ram named Grogar who ruled that city a millennia ago! Gusty the Great and her unicorn warriors defeated him and banished him from Equestria.” Twilight replied.

Slash was internally surprised and angered that ponies actually cared in writing stories about his brother and what he did and what happened to him. The additional fact that these individuals never heard of him (Slash) made him angry even more. But for the time being, he maintained a calm demeanor.

“Ahhhh, I see. Quite a studious alicorn you are, Twilight.” he praised. Twilight blushed from the compliment.

“Oh, thank you.” she said.

She is one beautiful specimen. I have something special for her when the time is right.” he thought.

“So you’re from Tambelon, huh? So, you’ve met Grogar before? The tales must be true!” Spike said.

“Yes...I have.” Slash replied, gritting his sharp teeth.

“Did he ever wrong you? What was he like when he ruled over Equestria?” Spike asked. Slash then thought of an idea. He grinned to himself as he hatched one.

“Why, yes! He was a cruel taskmaster. He harmed me in so many ways unimaginable. You are very lucky you were not born during that time. Grogar was someone who cared for no one but himself!” he explained.

“I’m so sorry that happened to you, Slash. But luckily for you, you have new friends at your paws! I, as the princess of friendship, would be honored to be your first friend! My friends will also show you the ways of friendship that you will greatly benefit from! Slash, welcome to Equestria!” Twilight welcomed as she offered her hoof to him. Slash, without hesitation, shook her hoof in acceptance. Then the three hugged Slash affectionately.

“Who-hoo!! We’re very excited to introduce you to our friends, Slash! You’ll love them and us!” Spike shouted joyfully.

“Oh, I would love to meet them, my new friends.” Slash uttered. At that moment, the heart-shaped artifact glowed bright red on his chest as soon as they offered their friendship to him. However, they failed to notice it since their eyes were closed while hugging him. “And I will love you more once your love and trust are surrendered to me as you are doing now. You will be my faithful monsters to tear this world apart!” he thought. His smile grew wider sinisterly as his plan started to succeed so far.