• Member Since 20th Jan, 2015
  • offline last seen 2 hours ago

TheDriderPony


"Only the most subtle of references." -No fanfiction writer ever

E
Source

Skipping Stone is your average pony, one amongst thousands, who went through the portal to the human world to look for better job prospects. Whether or not he found them is a matter of debate.
-----------------------------
Written, vaguely, for Admiral Biscuit's Not-Really-A-Contest about ponies working jobs on Earth. Probably not the direction he intended we take things in, but you write what you know.

Chapters (1)
Comments ( 8 )

Obligatory working class anthem:

Where can I find the list of contest entries?

9843175
I don't think anything has been put together yet officially. It's a very casual thing. Supposedly there'll be a group for it eventually.

Not necessarily a good job; for those you needed a diploma, which he reasoned were something like the human equivalent of a cutie mark only a lot less helpful outside of the workplace.

And depending on the diploma, possibly not even helpful within it.

I really hope that's not the Twilight we know. The implications there are horrifying.

And wow, that last line hurts.

A painfully adept portrayal of the darkly banal side of PoE slice-of-life. Nicely done.

There were a lot of things he wanted to say to the little monkey wrench at that moment. Things which he chose to stay particularly quiet about since the colt practically had a direct line to his boss’s boss’s boss’s boss. So much for the remainder of his free time with Sami. Still, more work meant that the company was relying on him more and that his prospects looked good. In any event, he was better off than the foal. At least he was getting paid to do the same job!

yeah,this guy would make a brilliant father wouldnt he?

...Button's going to be given his job, isn't he.

'Keyboard' was a generous term, as it was less a board of keys and more of a board with two wide, flat discs set onto it.

I imagined EQ typewriters to work like Morsecode. Dot line dot dot

'Keyboard' was a generous term, as it was less a board of keys and more of a board with two wide, flat discs set onto it.

10402325

I imagined EQ typewriters to work like Morsecode.

Sounds like an OrbiTouch keyboard actually. This would be perfect for hooves. Given the cost, and the "Corporate Purgatory" vibe, I imagine the wind-up drones in Accounting were only convinced to stump up the money for a fancy, (relatively) pony friendly keyboard on account of Amalgamated Widgets International Inderdimensional being part of a highly public work visa program with Equestria.

9897031

...Button's going to be given his job, isn't he.

Poor Button...

Kinda reminds me of Joe Versus the Volcano:
(Eric Burdon's Cover of 16 Tons is absolutely delicious...)

Login or register to comment