• Published 7th Nov 2018
  • 2,232 Views, 12 Comments

Spike Growing Up Again - Darth Severus



Spike, Ember, and Gabby were sent on a mission to Galvinux VII to investigate the disappearence of embassy and scout ships in the system. Now, under arrest for criminal trespass, they face judicial rejuvination. In other words, their next childhood.

  • ...
29
 12
 2,232

Growing Pains

It was a normal day for Gabrielle, Natalie, and Sebastian. They had finally made it past the 30-day assimilation period, and now they were getting ready for school. Sebastian was eating breakfast when he said to Marinette, "Momma... I don't feel so good..."

Marinette looked at her son saying, "Honey, you better not be trying to fake being sick in order to skip out of the evaluation today. You remember the liar's poem, right?"

Sebastian nodded, "Liar, liar, pants on fire. Soapy mouth and sore behind, paddle, hairbrush, and switch, you will find. I'm not lying momma, I swear!"

Marinette put a hand to Sebastian's forehead and felt that he had an extremely high fever. She called down, "Adrien! I'm taking Sebastian to the doctor's! He's got a very high fever! Can you reschedule his evaluation?"

Adrien ran downstairs to see his son looking overheated and sick to his stomach, "Yes, I'll call and see if I can get his evaluation rescheduled. Sebastian, be a good boy at the doctor's and I'm sure everything will be just fine."

Sebastian nodded weakly before being picked up by Marinette. As Marinette was about to head to the car, she got a holo-call from Patricia, who asked, "Marinette, could you do me a favor and watch Gabrielle for me? Hank's at work and I need to take Natalie to the doctor, she's got a fever of 110."

Marinette seemed even more worried, "Sebastian's the same, I'm taking him to the doctor now. Do you want me to take Natalie with me?"

Patricia was shocked, "Sebastian's sick too!? This can't be good, they've gotten their vaccinations, what could be wrong? But yes, if you can bring Natalie with you, I'd appreciate it."

Marinette nodded, "No problem, I'll be right over." before walking out to her back yard and unlocking the fence between their yards.

Gabrielle saw her walking to the back door and opened it for her. She had a look of concern on her face and asked, "Auntie Marinette, are Natalie and Sebastian going to be all right?"

Marinette looked down at her and said, "I'm not going to lie to you Gabrielle, I don't know. Fevers as high as these are very rare, and can be very dangerous."

Gabrielle twiddled her thumbs and said, "Auntie... can I tell you and mommy something important?"

Marinette raised an eyebrow and said, "Of course." coming into the house and saying, "Patricia, Gabrielle wants to tell us something important."

As Patricia carried Natalie out to Marinette, she looked at Gabrielle and asked, "What's wrong sweetie?"

Gabrielle gulped, "W-Well... I'm not sure, but when they were Spike and Ember, they told me they had Draconian heritage... Do you think that the rejuve may have com-com... I can't even say it right, but..."

Marinette and Patricia were shocked when Gabrielle revealed that Natalie and Sebastian were part Draconian, and Marinette said, "Thank you for telling us that Gabrielle, a good penny looks out for the safety and well-being of others. I'll tell the doctor what you just told us, and I'll let you know what they say." before loading Sebastian and Natalie into her car and driving to the doctor's office as fast as she legally could.

After she got to the doctor's office, two nurses came over to the car, and one said, "We just got a call about two sick pennies coming to the office. I assume these are them?"

Marinette nodded and she undid their seatbelts and said, "They've had their vaccinations, but they're both running a fever of 110!"

The nurse's eyes widened, "We'd better hurry then!" before rushing them to the emergency rooms.

When the doctor came to meet Marinette, she spoke first, "Natalie's sister, another penny told me that the two of them are part Draconian. I don't know if that helps, but I thought you should know."

The doctor sighed in relief, "If that's the case, I know exactly what this is. Their DNA was somewhat altered during their rejuve, and it increased the Draconian DNA in their bodies. Draconian hybrids are known to go through stages of growth that what could easily be mistaken as having the flu. If that's what this is, their school evaluations must be rescheduled, and they'll have to go to class via holo, or be homeschooled for a few grades.

Marinette sighed in relief and said, "Thank you so much doctor. I was so worried I'd lose Sebastian, and I was just as worried about Natalie."

The doctor continued, "However, they will need near constant attention, day and night. These symptoms of these growth phases include high fevers, vomiting, night terrors, and chronic back pain. That last part is from them growing their wings out of their back. For now, I'll go get the papers ready and everything you need to help with their condition should arrive at your houses in a couple of hours." before heading back into the office.

As Marinette sat in the waiting room, she contacted Patricia, and when she was told the news, she sighed in relief, "That's good to hear. I'm so glad they're both ok. Thank you for this Marinette, I'm very grateful. Hank will be just as grateful when I tell him after he gets home."

Soon enough, the two pennies were brought out in small wheelchairs, both fast asleep. The nurses help Marinette get them in the car and told her, "For now, just let them sleep until the supplies the doctor ordered arrive."

Marinette nodded, "Thank you so much." before driving back to her house and putting Sebastian in his bed before taking Natalie back to Patricia's house.

She saw Gabrielle with the teacher, who stood up and said, "Gabrielle, I'll be back after lunch, look after your sister while I'm gone."

Gabrielle nodded, "Yes Mrs. Cadence." before following her mother to the bed room she shared with her sister, "Is she going to be ok mommy?"

Patricia nodded, "Thanks to what you told us, the doctor was able to tell that your sister and Sebastian are going through a growth stage. They'll be just fine in a few weeks."

When Adrian and Hank arrived home from work, they were told what happened, and they both were relieved to hear their children were all right. The two families had a BBQ together in the Agreste back yard, Marinette and Patricia keeping a close eye on their children.

Comments ( 1 )

Love this chapter.

Login or register to comment