• Published 30th Sep 2018
  • 5,032 Views, 17 Comments

Lord of the Balrogs - Berserker



A month has passed since Tirek's defeat for Twilight and the Elements of Harmony, but one call changes everything. An invitation made by Lord of the Underworld, king over Tartarus (and last of the Balrogs). Will he be a friend or an enemy of Equestri

  • ...
8
 17
 5,032

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A month after the Tirek’s incident

Equestria was reorganizing after the terrible attack in Canterlot, houses were demolished, reduced to dust and debris, the streets are razed with dirt and several families are homeless due to the deposed centaur. The castle lies only a single tower intact (that of the princesses), no one knows why Tirek left it intact. Talking about princesses,Princess Celestia has been in her royal room since the defeat of the tyrant, tired because of the loss of energy and the question of the nation. Princess Luna went on a patrol to help Canterlot and the surrounding towns, providing help with health, infrastructure and other services. Princess Cadance returned to the Crystal Empire with Shining Armor to relax and soothe her subjects.

In Ponyville, several houses are being repaired and rebuilt due to battle, stallions and mares are taking care of the reconstruction of the city, some are caring for the sick and others are flying to see if they find more havoc. Rainbow Dash is in a loop coming and going catching water from the clouds to extinguish any kind of fire. Applejack is cooperating in repairing the houses, loading materials and apples for the workers, as well as working on the family farm with his brother Big Mac and his sister Applebloom (rarely with his sister, because she lives with her friends to play Crusaders) . Pinkie Pie was responsible for supplying the workers the entire month, making pies and cupcakes for each one three times a day (in total, there are more than 500 workers in the city, nor ask how she achieves such a feat).

On the other side, Rarity is hitting the workers' attire and helping to carry materials, always with a rejuvenating spirit. Fluttershy is helping with regard to animals, trimming those who have lost their homes due to the fire and in battle, sad whenever she sees one injured and about her friend chaotic. But unlike each other, the new princess spent a whole month in her library, scouring in her books for an answer to what Tirek had said, "You have no idea what they did," what did he mean by that? "She wondered for days and nights about the reason for the words of the fallen demon in battle.

"Twilight, I think you'd better go out and breathe an open air," said his faithful companion Spike the baby dragon.

"No, I want to know the reason behind Tirek's words," she replied anxiously.

"Look, Twilight, you've been in your room for over a month while the guys are helping with the rebuilding of Ponyville, get out and go relax, you look very stressed, I think this is nothing," Spike said honestly. .

"You want to know Spike, I think you're right this time. I'm going out. "Twilight spoke with a hint of joy and a small smile.

Then Twilight left and went to see each of her friends, to see if she could help each of them. First, she went to Fluttershy's cottage to see if she would have a hard time with their animals, to slam the door she is greeted by Angel Bunny that led to its owner. Arriving there she was greeted by a certain silent mare.

"Good-morning, Twilight." She said, "I-I'm taking care of mr. Bear. "

"Can I help?" Twilight asked.

"Okay, you can help. Here-"

And then Twilight went to help Fluttershy with his friends but even after helping so many animals, only a perpetual thought in her head "Something is going to change from here ..."



Location: Tartarus Prison - 2 weeks ago



The prison environment could not change since the departure of Tirek, the fallen centaur lies defeated on the cold cage that is his prison, only to hear the sound of his companions. The Tartarus, a prison designed to contain the worst of the worst, projected on the cold slopes of a mountain of the underworld, locked by seven demonic seals and headed by the being that Tirek swore to death, the King of the Underworld.

For two weeks without pause, the centaur suffers a new trial, which has no idea what it is and questions why "It does not make any sense. I should be arrested until the end of time since I am a demon prince, unless ... " Suddenly, Tirek hears footsteps coming towards him, like the drumming of a thick drum or the sound of a lightning bolt, he looks closely and sees the figure behind the footsteps, walking on two legs with a lion's torso as by brown and a horse-like head with wolf-like canines and eyes resembling that of the fallen centaur, was his brother 'traitor' Scorpan.

Scorpan observes Tirek with disgusted eyes and disgust, but with a grief of sorrow, the centaur does not understand why his brother's gaze but that not already he carries a tremendous hatred for his betrayal. Scorpan then speaks in a voice of sadness and hope, but afraid of the response of his older brother.

"Tirek, my brother, this hatred must end, you must accept the magic of friendship, only then will you be loosed"

-"NEVER!!!! I will never accept such a fallacy, I will be imprisoned until the end of time but I will never accept such an option. "Tirek spoke with immeasurable hatred projected to his brother" And I never want to see your face, traitor! "

- "Unfortunately I cannot let that happen." Scorpan spoke with motivation and repentance, Tirek was in doubt about the choice of his brother's words, which never shown such determination in front of him or his family, but soon that changed with the next his words "HE woke up and make your judgment for your betrayal, Tirek."

At that moment he felt a terrible fear, for it would be judged by the King. But for Scorpan a tear came out of his eyes and he asked Tirek.

"Tirek, why?" Scorpan asked dismayed and sad "We swear our lives and souls to the King and you betray him, without thinking about our people, our family, me."

This time, repentance fell on Tirek, he should never have found himself superior to the Balrog, what of his people? Of his family? Of Scorpan? It is logical that he was a traitor to Tirek, but at the same time he was part of his family, his younger brother. For the first time in his life, he feels something wet dripping over his face, a tear. Tirek then turns his back to his brother and says.

-"Go away."

- "But Tirek this -" Scorpan tries to reply but suddenly screams.

- "GO AWAY AND NEVER GO BACK, MY TRAITOR BROTHER !!!"

The cry of Tirek echoes over the prison and Scorpan in response leaves leaving the old powerful centaur, now weak and without power discouraged and a little sad to have had a fight with his brother.



At the same time, a shadow was watching the two brothers and their discussion. This shadow was different from the others, for by observing in the depths of its dark emptiness it is possible to observe two shining eyes, like the light of a lighthouse that would burn everything in its path by its luminosity. The king watched them.

In his shadowy tower, the king, after two weeks since his awakening, articulated his presence in the world again, this will have consequences for both the Underworld and all of Equis.

- "Get ready world of mortals and immortals, for the Lord of Balrogs put his mark again ..."

He prepares for his first step.

Author's Note:

About the main caracter's voice, it's sound like that.

Comments ( 11 )

Man, that voice choice is epic!!!

That’s is the perfect voice for the Balrog.

We really don’t need the pictures of the characters. Also this chapter was quite blocky and didn’t really flow well.

9205050
This story needs an editor.

oooh, looks interesting.

The idea is awesome, but what other people have commented about this story is still true - the links on the characters names are all pointless as anyone even considering themselves half-bronies know what the main characters look like, and not only the grammar, but the structuring of sentences and misuse of paragraphs are all too much for me.

If this is your first/among your first stories and English isn't your first language, then it's forgivable, though it's still too hard on my eyes and mind. Hard pass from me.

make him a friend please

I can't wait for the next chapter

Love this keep up the great work

is it possible if you could tell me when the next chapter is coming? or is this story dead

Login or register to comment