• Published 4th Jul 2018
  • 1,029 Views, 15 Comments

Nightmare Moon and the Decepticons Attack - luckyboys121



1000 years ago Princess Celestia was forced to banish her sister Princess Luna after she became Nightmare Moon. However unbenounced to her Nightmare Moon was banished to a distant planet where she now plots her revenge with her ally Megatron

  • ...
4
 15
 1,029

Stories Shared

As Nightmare Moon cautiously followed behind Megatron she made sure to take in her surroundings thinking, "Even if this doesn't work out, I can at least try and learn enough about this world to make it on my own and hopefully find a way back home.... that is if I can even call it home anymore."

She didn't have much time to think on that though since as soon as they cleared the horizon she was awestruck to see a dark metal castle that appeared to have a near impossible amount of spikes littered throughout it.

Megatron simple looked down at her with a smirk as he said, "Impressive isn't it... not long ago this was a library but I've converted it into the fortress you see before you."

"I see..." said Nightmare Moon before she composed herself saying, "I must take notes from when I construct my own castle in Equestria."

Megatron chuckled at that as he prepared to move forward again, but was quickly halted as Nightmare Moon said, "Tell me though, why would you choice a library for your seat of power, surely the previous ruling bodies building would have been easier to fortify."

Starscream stiffened and become nervous at that as the logical Shockwave seemed to only flinch for a moment before returning to normal.

Megatron looked down at her with a slight bit of rage on his face, the first rage he had directed towards her which caused her to step back slightly on instinct before planting her hoof firmly and meeting his steely gaze with her own. The two sat like this for a moment before Megatron simple said, "It's best not to ask questions of one who is being so generous towards you."

She stared at him for a moment before thinking, "Best to drop this for now, but this is far from over," as she simply nodded before the two continued walking.

Starscream breathed a sigh of relief before leaning over to Shockwave as he said, "What's so special about this creature? I feel like he would have instantly slagged one of us for saying something like that."

"Perhaps he would have slagged you," said Shockwave as he continued walking.

Starscream groaned as he said, "See this is why no one talks to you," before quickly jogging after them.

As they approached Nightmare Moon quickly caught sight of two more creatures standing in front of the entryway, clearly guarding it, though something seemed off about them. Firstly they appeared to be totally identical to each other both being simple grey with a red visor instead of eyes and cannons on the ends of their arms. Cannons that quickly found themselves pointed at Nightmare Moon.

Just as she began to think that she was being lead into an ambush Megatron spoke up saying, "Shockwave! Order the Vehicons not to target our guest!"

"As you command my lord," said Shockwave as his yellow eye briefly turned red before the Vehicons lowered their weapons and went back to their statue like stance.

Megatron groaned as he walked through the door saying, "Surely we could spare some troops for guard duty, I don't like relying on these mindless drones."

As they walked Starscream smirked as he said, "Oh I don't know, I think there's a certain charm to them, after all they obey whoever is at the top of the chain of command without question."

"And if I wanted that you wouldn't be functioning right now!" said Megatron.

This caused Starscream to cower slightly as he said, "Yes, or course my lord."

Nightmare Moon chuckled at that as she said, "You certainly know how to treat the rabble, though I question why you would let one such of him have such close counsel."

Starscream briefly opened his mouth to protest, but was quickly cut off as Megatron chuckled in return as saying, "Oh I've found that even the most unrefined of rabble can be useful if applied correctly."

Soon the group arrived at a large throne room as Megatron approached what appeared to be a black obsidian throne saying, "Shockwave, report to your lab to further analyze the data from the crater, Starscream ensure the Seekers are ready for their morning survey," the two went off to follow their respective tasks without a single word as Megatron sat down and looked at Nightmare Moon saying, "Now then, tell me how it is that a princess of another world has found herself stranded on my planet."

Nightmare Moon approached him slowly as she said, "Very well... I suppose it's the least I can do if you intend to provide me shelter." She sighed as she said, "I was not born a princess, rather I was simple a pony who while having power beyond what others could dream of, was simply content in spending the days away with her sister."

Megatron briefly flinched at that but quickly recomposed himself as she continued saying, "That all changed though when a wicked beast by the name of Discord took over our land, subjugating the ponies to his mad will, and doing whatever he pleased!" She grit her teeth in anger at that before she continued saying, "Neither I nor my sister could stand it, but sadly we could never hope to stand against his power on our own... thankfully we had long since become aware of a set artifacts know as the Elements of Harmony."

Megatron slightly perked up as he said, "Elements of Harmony you say?"

Nightmare Moon nodded as she said, "Yes, a set of six gemstones that only those with a righteous heart can use... at least that's what the legends say, though I have serious doubts about that now!" She huffed in rage for a moment before she continued saying, "Discord never even saw it coming, in an instant he went from ruling us all like a god, to a decoration in the castle garden."

"So I'm assuming that's when you two first took over then?" asked Megatron.

"Yes, Discord's reign had fractured the original leadership beyond repair so my sister and I became the defacto leaders, at first I thought it was only temporary until we could reestablish order and they could elect new officials. As time went on though they began to rely on us more and more and that's when we realized that even if we did allow them to hold an election, we would be the ones they elected. And so we fully settled into our new royal lives and for a time I actually started to enjoy it," she smiled briefly before that smile was replaced with a scowl as she said, "But Celestia wasn't as interested in sharing the power as she claimed. I watched as the citizenry praised me and came to me for advice less and less, until Celestia virtually ruled by herself anyway!!" She began to pace as she said, "Which must have been Celestia's plan all along, she didn't do anything to stop it after all... so that's when I decided-"

Megatron interrupted her saying, "That if your land could only have one ruler then it should be you."

"YES EXACTLY!" said Nightmare Moon as she continued saying, "After all I was the one who didn't even want the power in the first place, so I of course wouldn't be as quick to abuse it and horde it as she was, I trained day and night in secret honing my power and transforming my body into a living weapon to strike her down and claim the throne... unfortunately sister must have known this and rather then training herself to face me mare to mare, she simply used the Elements of Harmony to banish me HERE!" She slammed her hooves down cracking the floor as she began to breath heavily at that.

Megatron smiled as he said, "My my, you really did have your rightful place taken from you."

"Thank you!" said Nightmare Moon as she continued to breath heavily before calming herself and saying, "Now then if you truly feel my plight then you will tell me what you did differently."

Megatron sat upright as Nightmare Moon continued saying, "Do not take me for a foal Megatron, I saw how you reacted to my tale, you've lived through similar events... the only difference is you actually took the throne and I demand you tell me how or else I am leaving!"

Megatron tensed at the words for a moment, any other creature who dared speak to him like this would find themselves a corpse on the floor before they could even get out the last syllable but this one... he sighed as he said, "Well I suppose I owe you that much... after all, we are two of a kind you and I."

"I thought so," said Nightmare Moon as she approached with a smirk.

Megatron briefly checked the sensors on his throne to confirm no one else was nearby before he looked down at the creature before him saying, "Like you I did not start my life as a ruler, I didn't even start my life as Megatron... I was a simple Energon miner not even given the right to have a name. Day in day out I risked my spark so the aristocrats could sip Energon without a care in the world... that is until one day."

"What happened?" asked Nightmare Moon.

"The thing any idiot could have told you would happen eventual the mine dried up... sure there may have been a few pockets if we dug deeper but no where enough to justify our existence, and so the superiors decided to gather us all up in a room as a large bot stood behind our manager, as he flat out told us that we where deemed useless and that our lives where coming to an end, it was then that the large bot stepped forward and aimed his fusion canon," Megatron briefly shuddered as he grabbed the weapon mounted on his arm remembering that day before he continued saying, "In an instant I found myself running towards him and before I knew it my drill was embedded in his skull as his body went limp and life less. The manager reached for a pistol he had on his hip but I quickly grabbed the large bots fusion canon and strapped it to my own arm, killing the manager before he could even pull it out of the holster."

Nightmare Moon watched as the hulking creature before her, actually seemed to be trembling at the memory as he continued saying, "As I looked down at their lifeless bodies and knew I did that, it made me sick to my circuits.... I stared at the blood stained fusion canon I had just fired... the first time I'd ever fired a weapon in my life and I didn't know what to do next... I didn't know how I could go on with feeling like I was then."

Nightmare Moon stepped forward saying, "You did what you had to do save everyone."

Megatron simply looked at her and chuckled saying, "You've never killed have you?"

"Well... no I," said Nightmare Moon.

Megatron interrupted her saying, "Well... it gets easier the more you have to do it, to the point where you actually can believe that you had no choice, but those first few... no matter how much time has passed, no matter how much you tell yourself it was the right thing... those first few still weight on your soul like a vice."

Nightmare Moon didn't know what to say as she simply looked down before finally speaking up saying, "So then, why are you still here if you felt so bad about it?"

"Because of them, I looked down at the other miners who now looked at me as a leader, it was for them I decided to carry on and even though most of them are gone it is for them I do everything I do today. We managed to survive by joining a nearby gladiator arena, where I was given the name Megatron after a great warrior in Cybertron's history. Very soon I found myself the champion of countless battles and I used that fame to tell my story to all of Cybertron and point out the corruption of the council that ruled over us," said Megatron, as he smiled as he then said, "After which I suddenly found myself being confronted by a young librarian by the name of Orion Pax. He said he could help me get my word out to others, and that together we could change the face of Cybertron... I once thought of him as my brother."

Nightmare Moon paused as she could tell where this was going as Megatron's face contorted in rage saying, "That was my first mistake, the very second we got an audience before the council he cast me aside, claimed I was a dangerous revolutionary simply because I wanted to hold those who ordered my death accountable and punish them accordingly. Before I knew it he was granted the Matrix of Leadership and Orion Pax was now Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots."

"I'm starting to see how our stories are similar," said Nightmare Moon as she unconsciously place her hoof on Megatron's leg in an effort to comfort him.

Megatron was slightly taken aback by this but continued saying, "Thankfully my loyal followers, the Decepticons, stood by my side and together we waged a war to claim the planet for those who worked to maintain it, after countless cycles of fighting we finally managed to infiltrate the Autobots base where I killed Optimus myself," megatron stopped for a moment as Nightmare Moon swore she almost saw a tear in his eye before he continued saying, "I thought about claiming the Matrix of Leadership for myself, but I never really agreed with it. It takes more then a shiny bobble to make one a leader and so I smashed it to pieces and ordered Shockwave to dispose of the pieces in a way they could never return, now we rule over a fair and just Cybertron where no bot will be terminated simply because they don't serve a function, with our only real concern being a handful of Autobots still scattered around the planet."

"I see," said Nightmare Moon as she thought, "That does bring up a concern... while I doubt I will feel too guilty about ending Celestia after all she has done, her guards are likely going to want to avenge her... will I truly be prepared to end them as well?"

Before she could think too much on that the door opened to reveal Shockwave and Starscream had returned as Shockwave spoke up saying, "My lord, my analysis is complete."

"And Thundercracker is leading the survery, that idiot can at least get something that simple done," said Starscream.

Megatron barely paid attention to what Starscream said as he turned to Shockwave saying, "What have you found?"

"As previously thought the energy was similar to a Space Bridge, though unfortunately it was impossible to determine its point of origin, there is good news however," said Shockwave.

"And what would that be?" asked Nighmare Moon as she stepped forward in interest.

"It appears as though the energy is going to remain and build up in the area, eventually reopening a Space Bridge back to said point of origin," said Shockwave.

Starscream groaned as he said, "Wonderful, we're going to the planet of annoying quadrupedal fleshlings.... just when is this going to happen so I know when to pretend to be malfunctioning?"

"If my calculations are correct it will be roughly a megacycle," said Shockwave.

Starscream whistled at that, before looking down at Nighmare Moon saying, "Well little one, if there's any concelation we promise to kill the great great great great grand child of whoever took your throne and make your planet a part of the Decepticon Empire."

Nightmare Moon looked confused at that as she turned to Megatron saying, "What does he mean?"

He sighed saying, "I'm afraid that you will not live to see the portal to your home reopen as if memory serves a megacycle is around one thousand of your fleshling years."

Starscream chuckled at that as he said, "Too bad you pathetic creatures don't live as long as us."

Luna simple chuckled back as she said, "Oh I can assure you I am not as weak as any of the fleshlings you have encountered before, I shall live to see that day with ease."

"I highly doubt that," said Starscream rolling his eyes.

"Keep disrespecting me creature and I shall outlive you regardless of whether or not I'm telling the truth," said Nightmare Moon.

Megatron once again chuckled at this before saying, "Very well then, Shockwave prepare a bed chamber for our new guest, and Starscream why don't you go out hunting and see if you can find some food for her?"

"B-but my lord, organic plants and animals are few and far between, it could take me countless kliks to find anything," said Starscream.

"Well be quick about it, I am rather hungry," said Nightmare Moon as she followed after Shockwave.

"H-HOW DARE YOU COMMAND ME! WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT!?" said Starscream in indignation.

"I did," said Megatron with a smirk. "As of this moment she is to considered my right hand and has the right to command you and anyone else unless I say otherwise."

Starscream grit his teeth saying, "Y-yes my lord," before heading out of the room thinking, "Alright I don't know why Megatron likes this little pet so much, but I think it's time she had an accident... fleshlings are very fragile after all."

Author's Note:

And thus the two have shared their stories and are living together. But what will Starscream do? How will the other Decepticons react? Find out all this and more next chapter whenever that may be.

Thank you too nightshroud96 for getting me back into this as I had forgetten how much I was enjoying writing it. Gonna try and get out chapters just a bit more frequently from here on out.

Anyway thanks for reading, hope you liked it, any constructive criticism is welcome, have a great day.

Comments ( 1 )

Finally managed to read this new chapter

Like I mentioned in a previous comment, Nightmare Moon is definitely not going to be happy when she finds out Equestria essentially forgotten about her for a 1000 years and how Celestia allowed a celebration go on that essentially added salt to Luna's wounds there.
If only the show properly addressed those issues instead of just going "Hit Luna with a rainbow, have her accept she's in Celestia's shadow for good" or something.

Login or register to comment