• Published 29th Jul 2012
  • 2,315 Views, 76 Comments

To Tell the Truth - bookplayer



A dark truth Applejack has hidden for years returns to haunt her.

Comments ( 21 )

It's been a little while since the last update here. I apologize profusely, and I hope I get to the next one sooner, I hate to leave things in a spot like this.:ajsleepy:

sweet celestia and luna above

AJ's tearing herself apart.

Sheesh, this one is painful.

Applejack, you danged fool! :ajsleepy: Get back with Dash! She's the best thing that'll ever happen to you!

Whoa, hang in there Dash, she just needs some time. :fluttershyouch:

I wonder how AJ will find peace with the situation ... if at all ... :ajsleepy:

You leave me wanting more of this. So much more. I can feel a turning point coming on soon...

so much waiting.:ajsleepy:
and you did not disapoint:scootangel::yay:

Poor AJ... didn't you already learn not to try and deal with everything by yourself? :applejackconfused:

I do hope this one isn't dead. I just found it tonight and wolfed it down on the spot. I love it, though how it left off hurts so bad. :P I want moar, ya hear?

1842249 1728025
Coming soon! Hopefully next week or the week after, depending on holidays.

So I just finished reading this and I must say this is really good. It just goes to show you that the more you keep something like this bottled up it will drive you to the point of insanity. Please keep going with this. :)

1937047
I'm sorry you feel like that.

Just to let you know, the panicking and false starts does happen when she eventually tries to tell the rest of the girls, and when Mac tries to confront her about it. And Dash doesn't speak of it, at AJ's request, but her actions are a different matter, and it certainly doesn't leave her mind.

If you're curious, AJ's thought process behind not telling her family and not wanting to stomp Uncle Orange's face is that she's internalized a lot of guilt, especially over not speaking out. While rationally she knows that Uncle Orange is to blame, she feels that it's as much her fault, and she deserves a face stomping as well. She has to deal with that before she can make herself deal with Uncle Orange.

I'm not saying you should read more, if you don't agree with my telling. Just that some of your concerns are addressed later on, and some of them are just matters of interpretation. Thank you for giving it a shot, though.

Okay, first thing first, Bookplayer, keep up the good work with this one, so far from what I have read, you have been accurate as to how rape victims feel and act, how I know this, I am friends with quite a few victims myself. This story has me hooked, and I relate to RD in her thought process of comforting/painfully punishing the wrongdoers.

Personally I believe more stories need to be written/published where people are shown the mindstate of victims to make them realize what they go though.

Keep it up and I look forwards to the next update

Oh god applejack you've gone nuts.:applejackconfused: discord/appleconscious leave her alone.

Now author it's time for more this is really interesting and applejack is a nutball so MORE PLEASE!!!:flutterrage:

You know what? Screw that it has the dark tag, I've ran out of things to read. Too bad the last update was a fair while ago........ Hint hint.

Edit: i cant believe you stopped there. For the love of god continue this at some point.

Tch. It's a shame this was never finished. It piqued my interest scrolling through your old stories, and I'm really glad I clicked on it. It drew me in in unexpected ways, and really handled the the topic maturely--such that I can say that without knowing too well the internal, torrential storm rape victims are battered with. It seems you either really did your research, or you know one such victim personally. I can only hope it's the former :fluttershysad:

Since I won't get to read what would have been, might I ask what your plans for the rest were? If I had to make one prediction, it's that Discord isn't actually Discord, but the subconscious embodiment of her guilt, a manifestation of her constant self-flagellation over the years. Discord represents what she really thinks about herself.

Though it actually being Discord is fine too, because that's also very interesting and suspensful.

Too bad this didn't get finished

WHENS THE NEXT CHAPTER?!?

I would love to see the story continued.

I dated a girl with a similar background as AJ in this story. And what happens to RD in this story is a very close parallel to my own experiences (though we never got quite as intimate as AJ and Dash). Our relationship eventually crashed like the one in the story seems to be doing. I am interested in what the planned outcome was - if it would finish like mine or if it would end in a more hopeful manner.

Everyone deals with trauma in their own way and everyone is unique. Many with experiences like AJ might have handled things differently. My experience provides me with only a single data point, and it would be unwise to try to generalize from it. With that caveat said, I must say that your writing accurately and impressively captures exactly the situation and dynamic that I was a personal witness to. You might or might not be accurate to the experiences of most struggling with such trauma, but you definitely nailed it from my limited experience.

Stellar work in handling a difficult subject.

Login or register to comment