• Published 2nd Jan 2018
  • 1,405 Views, 19 Comments

Trixie Is Bad With Names. - Adorkable

  • ...
3
 19
 1,405

Silence Is Golden.

“Trixie sure does hope this order was done correctly.” Trixie the pale blue mare spoke with a hint of sarcasm to her voice, a delicate hoof flipping through her tray of food before her in inspection.

Burger Barn was filled with ponies of all walks of life, they piled into the crowded restaurant enjoying the end of the day while the sun began to set outside. The sky turning a vibrant orange while the clouds above slowly drifted away, leaving the sky clear for the crisp night to come.

“Did you really have to send back the last meal? I mean it was just ketchup on the hay burger.” Starlight spoke from across her friend at the table, lifting a small fry into the air and nibbling it.

“But of course! Trixie the great! Can’t bare the horrid taste of vile ketchup, she prefers the zesty blend of mustard.” The blue unicorn rolled her eyes, lifting a squeezable bottle of ketchup with her hooves and spraying her food messily with it.

“At least use your magic.” Starlight frowned a splash of mustard hitting her cheek from afar.

“Trixie prefers hoof squeezed, thank you.” The mare gave a loud spurt again from the bottle, her tongue sticking out of the side of her muzzle.

Starlight gave a slight eye roll , spotting Bon-bon walk swiftly towards the door behind Trixie her eyes filled with haste. The violet unicorn feeling something was amiss, waved a slender hoof towards the mare sweetly.

“Bun-bun! How does the night treat you hmmm?” Trixie blurt out as she spun around in her seat, the cream mare groaning aloud as she came to a stop.

“Fine. Just fine, placed my order and going to wait for it.” The mare smacked her lips slowly.

“Well Bunny! If you’d like, Trixie can allow you a seat at our table.” Trixie gave a soft pat on the open seat by her side.

“Mmmm. I really need to wait for it, like right now.” Bon-bon gave a small huff as she trotted away vanishing into the crowd.

“She must like her food hot.”

“What the hay was that!?” Starlight gave a slight brow raise to her friend.

“What was what?”

“Why were you calling Bon-bon, Bun-bun?” Starlight scrunched up her muzzle cutely in confusion.

“Bon-bon!?” Trixie gave a wide eyed gaze across the table in shock.

“Uh yeah. Her name.”

“I’ve been calling her Bun-bun for like three years!” Trixie gave a small cringe before her friend who just snorted.

“Nope it’s Bon-bon. Why on earth would you think Bun-bun?” Starlight pushed the subject as she became intrigued by the blunder.

“No wonder she left, she probably thought I’m teasing her! I don’t know because she looks like a cinnamon bun!” Trixie shook her head side to side in defeat, a loud sigh escaping her lips.

“What kind of weird cinnamon buns have you been eating?!” Starlight burst into a small set of giggles, while Trixie was busy plopping face first onto the table.

“Rixie meels sue fumb.” The pale blue unicorn moaned in a muffled tone, hiding away her face as Bon-bon swiftly passed by.

“Don’t feel dumb. It was an honest mistake.”

“Trixie thinks you might have a point, though she wishes you would have corrected her.” The mare lifted her muzzle up slowly, a half eaten fry hanging out the side of her mouth.

Bon-bon slowly trotted by holding a large bag of goodies in her mouth, Trixie elegantly regaining her composure and flaunting a slender hoof her way.

“Bon-bon. Trixie just wanted to apologize for her actions, she hopes that your love partner Lyra and yourself enjoy the meal.” Trixie spoke in a tender tone, Starlight spitting out a stream of crimson fruit juice from the cup she was drinking from.

A stallion behind Bon-bon raising a brow in intrigue as the mare simply dropped the bag from her muzzle, the contents exploding across the floor in a spectacular mess of ingredients. Bon’s mouth agape in awe and confusion, her cheeks burning a bright red before she bolted from the premise.

“She’s not romantically involved with Lyra is she? “ Trixie asked with a stone faced expression.

“No! Why would you think that!?” Starlight gave a stern whisper to her friend, ears folding back in embarrassment.

“I. Trixie just doesn’t know anymore…” Trixie began to bop her head against the table softly, hoping each smack might turn back time.

Starlight gave a soft sigh, lifting a neatly stacked burger high into the air as she took a small bite. She would chew in awkward silence as her friend gave her a pitiful gaze, nudging her own burger with her muzzle before licking off a piece of mustard cutely.

“Trixie isn’t the only one who thought that of Bon right?” The mare spoke with defeat dripping off every word.

“...”

“...” Trixie batted long lashes.

“No.” Starlight gave the softest of whispers in reply.

“Trixie cherishes the small victories.”

“I know you do.” Starlight gave a small pat atop the blue unicorn's mane.

“Welp. Trixie has made herself a fool.”

“True, but you are my fool.” Starlight hid a small giggle and lifted the chin of her friend up to face her, both sharing a light hearted smile.

“Trixie shall pick up a dessert and we can be off!” The mare stood up from her seat and cantered over to the counter, regaining what little dignity she had left.

Starlight gave a nod and agreed, watching her friend proudly face her mistakes and not let them define her. For it was the power to accept each other’s flaws, that made their friendship unique.

“Starlight! The Great Trixie wishes to know what kind of Moke-shake you desire?” The pale unicorn yelled across the room to a blushing Starlight, the customers casting odd gazes to both.

Some with more flaws than others.

Though if this was the awkward price she had to pay, she knew it was a fair trade for the fun times Trixie brought to the table.

“I desire a Strawberry Moke-shake.”

Comments ( 19 )

Trixie and Starlight have a great dynamic.

8644136
Trixie is dynamic with anypony! :trixieshiftright::heart:

8644235

I love Trixie. She's one of the few ponies who can reliably get under Twilight's skin and it's hilarious.

Good God, Trixie can be so obnoxious.:facehoof:

Trixie: " The Humble and Penitent Trixie wishes to apologize for misspelling your name, Sweetie Drops".
Bon Bon: :facehoof: (and she had to blow my cover too)

8644491
Honestly. I had a whole scene where she called Sweetie Drops, Cough Drops- told glimmer it is because she looked like a lozenge.

But thought Bon-bon was the wider accepted fan name, so went the Bun , Cinnabon route.

i66.tinypic.com/25iu4nl.gif

8644161
Trixie is made of dynamite?

It once took me 3 partial months to learn a persons name. Now I come up with some crazy story. Like a person I know named Tasha who is named after the great empress of Vietnam who is the only female to beat George Washington in a sock rolling competition using 25 pieces of cardboard.

I find this works great for first names not last names. I believe her last name starts with an S but I am not sure. I usually am within 5 letters ether way in the English alphabet.

Another good story. Short and sweet and didn’t overplay a joke too much like some other stories I have read. There’s some serious jealousy inducing talent in this writer.

This reminds me of a joke DWK made in one of his videos about Trixie. He once referred to her as "The Great and Salty Triscuit".
:trixieshiftright:
Anyway, this was cute.

8647676
:rainbowlaugh:

That sounds so priceless.

I'm happy you enjoy the story,:twilightsmile:

That was a fun story, but it could use some editing. Verb tense and phrasing was off some, but recheck your condiments for sure. :raritywink: Good job on the concept though. You took it in a direction I wasn't expecting with Trixie's apology. I expected her to get more names wrong instead.

8648923
Heehee. Thank you so much!

Also super thank you for pointing out my flaws, by saying i need editing. Can't get better unless people tell me i've made mistakes.

If you don't mind me asking, do you know of a good group or something on this site that could offer editing services?

8649546
I do a little here and there, but I'm already overbooked. You can try these groups, or maybe try asking a few authors you admire who they'd recommend. Wanderer D and Admiral Biscuit might be helpful and friendly, though most people who stick around these parts are. People love helping someone willing to take some advice. :twilightsmile:

8649667
Heehee. Thank you so much for the list.

This needs some work in sentence structure. But overal, it was a nice reading. Loved the ending.

Login or register to comment