• Published 18th Oct 2017
  • 1,364 Views, 218 Comments

My Little Pony: The Rise of Warfang - XFangHeartX



When a young filly named Moonlight Essence shows up at the Castle of Friendship, Twilight can't seem to make sense of it...until word spreads of wolf attacks throughout Equestria.

  • ...
3
 218
 1,364

Epilogue

Morning at the Castle of Friendship...

"Wake up, Twilight! Wake up, wake up!"

Twilight groaned as she opened her eyes sleepily before she glanced up and saw the face of her adopted little sister, grinning from ear-to-ear, while Starlight and Spike stood behind her. The Princess of Friendship chuckled before she sat up in bed, and Moonlight soon gave her a big hug, which she returned.

"Morning, Moonlight," Twilight greeted. "Are you excited for your first day of school?"

"I sure am!" Moonlight chirped before she jumped off the bed and ran out the bedchamber, while Starlight and Spike chuckled at Twilight.

"Never a dull moment, huh, Twilight?" Spike asked.

"Yeah," Twilight answered. "Never a dull moment."

"Come on," Starlight spoke. "Let's help her get ready."

Twilight nodded before they followed after Moonlight.

Only 4 days had passed since Moonlight had been adopted by Twilight's family. They had to go through some paperwork, of course, but they had to make it official. Since then, Moonlight decided that she wanted to live in Ponyville with Twilight, saying she wanted to live near her new friends and family, and Night Light, Twilight Velvet, Shining Armor, and Cadence promised to visit more often to see her. That said, Twilight had Moonlight enroll at the Ponyville Schoolhouse, so she could be with the Cutie Mark Crusaders, who, needless to say, were thrilled to see Moonlight's new cutie mark.

"Here you go, Moonlight," said Spike as he put a paper bag in one of Moonlight's saddlebags. "A peanut butter, raspberry jelly, and daisy sandwich, cut in isosceles triangles and no crusts. Twilight made it for you."

"And don't forget your pudding cup," Starlight added as she put a cup of chocolate pudding in the bag, too.

"And here are couple of books," Twilight answered as she put two books in the saddlebags, too. "So, are you ready?"

"Yeah, I'm ready!" Moonlight exclaimed. "Come on, let's go!" On that, she galloped out with Twilight, Starlight, and Spike following after.

Moonlight certainly had come a long way from being the shy, timid, and traumatized little filly that Twilight met, days ago. Sure, there was still some trauma left to get over, but Moonlight knew that she could rely on her adopted older sister, as well as her new friends, to help her get through the hard times. She had become more confident, now, and eager to learn new things, and she had opened herself up to other foals her age, as well.

Of all the things, Twilight never could have imagined that a little filly as wonderful as Moonlight would ever show up at her door because of something as crazy as a wolf attack.

XXX

At Fluttershy's cottage, the Pegasus was having one of her usual tea parties with one of her good friends: the embodiment of chaos, himself, Discord.

"So then we used the Elements to finally defeat Warfang, once and for all," said Fluttershy.

"My goodness!" Discord exclaimed, sitting in a floating chair. "I go on vacation for just a week-and-a-half, and I miss all the fun!" He then looked at Fluttershy's now healed wing in concern. "Are you sure your wing is all right?"

"Oh, it's fine," Fluttershy said as she flapped both wings. "See?"

"Well, if you say so," Discord answered. "Now...about this 'Swiftclaw' fellow...what's he like?"

"Oh...well, he's certainly different from most wolves," said Fluttershy. "When I met him he was...insecure...alone...I could tell he needed a friend. Even when he growled at me, I didn't even flinch."

"Oh, Fluttershy," Discord smiled. "Your kindness never ceases to amaze me."

Fluttershy giggled at the compliment.

"Anyway," she continued, "after I met him, he's become more confident now. Unfortunately, I'm afraid he won't be seeing him for a while. He has responsibilities as the new Wolf King now...to set things right again. I just hope he's okay out there."

Discord couldn't help noticing a tinge of sadness in her voice, which prompted him to gently reach his paw down and cup her chin, causing her to glance up at him.

"I'm sure he's thinking about you, right now," he assured her. "And someday, he might come and see you again. I just hope I get to meet him so I can thank him for saving your life."

Fluttershy smiled before she looked out her window.

'I wonder how you're doing...Swiftclaw...'

XXX

Somewhere, deep in a swamp...trouble had reared its ugly head.

"MOMMY!! MOMMY!!! HELP ME!!!"

A young earth pony colt with a mauve coat and dark brown mane and tail ran as fast as he could...but he was not alone. Behind him, slithering through the mud and murky waters of the swamp...was some sort of scaly creature, and it only wanted one thing: a tender, juicy colt for breakfast.

The colt panted as he kept running for his life, only to slip and fall into the mud.

"Oh, no!" he cried as he struggled to get out. "Now what?!"

As if to answer his question, something emerged out of the water, revealing itself to be a giant, red-eyed serpent with dark green scales, a spiky dorsal fin on the top of its head, and two huge fangs. Its forked tongue licked the air before it opened up its jaws, preparing to devour its prey, whole, and all the young colt could do was scream as he tried to get away.

"MOMMY~!!!" he yelled.

Just as the serpent was about to eat the colt, a beam of light suddenly struck the beast's eye, causing it to hiss in pain before it turned and glared at its attacker: a wolf with rust-colored fur, golden armor, and a glowing crown on his head, and behind him stood many other wolves, who growled viciously.

"Wolves, too?!" the colt asked. "Oh, what next?!"

"CHARGE!!!" Swiftclaw shouted, prompting the wolves to leap at the serpent, which writhed around as it tried to them off. As they worked to bring down the monster, Stormhowl went over the colt and gently put his jaws around his neck, then pulled him out of the mud before putting him down on a dry, stable bank.

"There you go, kid," said Stormhowl.

"Thank you, Mr. Wolf," said the colt before he gasped. "BEHIND YOU!!!"

Stormhowl gasped as he saw the serpent lunge for him, preparing to bite its jaw down on his head...until Swiftclaw lunged for the creature, his fangs puncturing the jugular vein. That was enough to fell the serpent, which soon fell into the murky waters of the swamp with its tongue dangling out of its gaping mouth. Swiftclaw panted as he let go, blood smearing his jaws and dripping onto his armor, but no worse for wear.

"...Whoa...!" the colt whispered in awe. "That was so cool!"

"That's my brother," Stormhowl smiled.

"CHIPPER!!"

The colt looked up and saw two earth pony mares approach, one with a dark red coat, a poofy, light orange mane and tail with a shawl tied around her head, and a pile of wood for a cutie mark, and the other with a light green coat, a dark brown mane and tail that was tied back in a ponytail, and a weeping willow for a cutie mark. The colt, Chipper, gasped happily before he ran up to them and nuzzled the first mare.

"Mommies!" he exclaimed before he went up to nuzzle the other one.

"Young stallion, where have you been?!" asked the dark red mare. "You had us scared to death!"

"You know better than to come playing around here, sweetheart," said the light green mare. "What if we didn't find you?"

"I'm sorry, Mommy," said Chipper, "but guess what! Those wolves saved me!"

The mares looked up and saw Swiftclaw, Stormhowl, and the rest of the pack look up at them...surrounding the dead body of the serpent. They both gaped before they glanced at each other, but then the dark red mare approached them.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"I'm King Swiftclaw, the King of Wolves," said Swiftclaw. "Your son was being chased by this monster and we saved him."

"...I see," the dark red mare said with a soft smile before she kneeled before the Wolf King. "Thank you...Your Majesty. We're so grateful that you saved our son."

"Thank you," said the light green mare as she also bowed before Swiftclaw, but then looked over at Chipper, who just blinked innocently. "Ahem! Chipper."

"Huh?" Chipper muttered before he gasped. "Oh, yeah!" He then bowed his head and kneeled before his savior, as well. "Thank you, Mr. Wolf King."

Swiftclaw chuckled at this.

"You're welcome," he said before he approached Chipper. "Chipper, right?"

"Uh-huh," Chipper nodded.

"You better play a little closer to home, next time," Swiftclaw suggested. "That way you don't make your mothers worry so much. Understand?"

"Uh-huh," Chipper nodded, again.

"Come on, Chipper," said the light green mare as she and her partner walked away. "Time to go home, now."

"Okay, Mommy!" replied Chipper as he followed his mothers while Swiftclaw smiled after them.

"Another day of saving ponies, eh, Swiftclaw?" Stormhowl asked.

"Yeah," Swiftclaw replied. "At least these ones were grateful...some still run in fear of us."

"I guess sometimes, there's no fighting nature," said Stormhowl. "Some ponies just don't want to change their view of us."

"I suppose so," Swiftclaw said. "If they do decide to change...I want them to accept it slowly, rather than force it."

"...Now that, brother," Stormhowl began as he put his paw on Swiftclaw's shoulder, "sounds like something a real king would do."

Swiftclaw chuckled before he looked to the serpent's corpse, then to his pack.

"Wolves!" he called. "Today, we feast!!"

"AYE!!!" the wolves cheered before they moved in to eat. As they did, Swiftclaw looked up at the sky and smiled warmly.

'Still thinking about you, Fluttershy...'

XXX

In Canterlot...

"Attention!!" Shining Armor shouted to the royal guards, who all saluted him as he walked passed them, stalwart and sturdy, while Cadence stood nearby with Flurry in her forelegs.

"Look at your Daddy, Flurry," said Cadence. "Doesn't he look handsome with all his new scars?"

Shining Armor's ears perked before he glanced over at Cadence, who winked at him, causing him to grin with a slight blush on his cheeks. However, his smile soon fell when he heard the sound of the royal guards snickering, causing him to glare at them, sternly, which in turn caused them to stand at attention with looks of seriousness. Shining Armor nodded before he kept walking.

But meanwhile, up in Canterlot Castle, Celestia stood near the window, watching the horizon with a distant look in her eyes, something that Luna noticed instantly, for she approached her sister with a worried expression.

"Celestia," Luna said, gaining her sister's attention. "I'm a bit worried about you. You've had this look on your face since Warfang's defeat...is there something bothering you?"

"...I was thinking about Twilight," Celestia answered.

"What about her?" asked Luna.

"Luna, you saw what happened," Celestia replied. "I had always assumed Twilight was so pure...but it seems...everypony has darkness in their hearts...and Twilight let hers nearly take over."

"But we helped her," Luna replied, "and so did her friends."

"But that's what I'm worried about, Luna," Celestia answered. "What if we or her friends weren't there? What would've happened, then?"

Luna looked down in contemplation...and almost instantly, her eyes went wide and a near-horrified look appeared on her face.

"...I...I'm almost afraid to know what," she said, grimly.

"...I just pray it doesn't happen again," Celestia whispered as she looked out to the sky. "...The thought of losing my former student...it scares me."

XXX

Back in Ponyville, Twilight, Spike, and Starligh had brought Moonlight to the Ponyville Schoolhouse, and they weren't the only ones there, for Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash had come to drop off the Cutie Mark Crusaders, as well.

"Apple Bloom! Sweetie Belle! Scootaloo!" called Moonlight as she ran up to them.

"Moonlight!" they all exclaimed.

"I still can't believe you're going to school with us!" Apple Bloom said.

"We're so glad you're joining our class!" Sweetie Belle piped up.

"I'm excited, too!" Moonlight agreed.

"You're gonna love Miss Cheerilee," Scootaloo spoke. "She's the best teacher, EVER!"

"I like the sound of her, already!" answered Moonlight.

"Have a good day, Apple Bloom," Applejack said as she nuzzled her sister.

"I will," answered Apple Bloom. "Thanks, Applejack."

"I'll be back to pick you up later, Sweetie Belle," Rarity said.

"Okay, Rarity," Sweetie Belle replied.

"You have fun today, okay, Scoots?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I'll see you after school, Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo answered.

DING-DONG! DING-DONG! DING-DONG!

"Oh, there's the bell!" Starlight exclaimed. "You fillies better get going!"

"Come on, Moonlight!" Apple Bloom called as fillies and colts made their way inside the schoolhouse.

"Oh, wait!" Moonlight exclaimed. "I almost forgot something!" She then turned and ran up to Twilight, then nuzzled her chest. "...I love you, Twilight."

"...I love you, too," Twilight replied as she nuzzled her adopted sister.

"Have a good day, okay?" Starlight asked.

"We'll pick you up after school!" Spike answered.

"Right!" Moonlight replied before she turned and headed inside the schoolhouse. "Bye, guys!"

"...Bye Moonlight," Twilight said with a tender smile.

And so, life in Ponyville had relatively returned to normal...at least reasonably so.

"Or did it?" Pinkie asked as she slowly rose out of a bush.

"Uh...Pinkie?" Twilight asked as she noticed her. "Who are you talking to?"

"Just the readers," Pinkie answered before she waved. "Hi, readers!"

"...Right," Starlight said, awkwardly.

"You know, we've known her for all this time," Spike said, "and I still don't know what she's talking about when she does that."

"Just let Pinkie be Pinkie, Spike," said Twilight as they kept walking.

XXX

Somewhere far away, far beyond the Badlands...a storm was brewing. However, this was not an ordinary storm. Huge contraptions, flying through the air while leaving trails of dark clouds behind them. Inside one of them...there was a shadowy figure, sitting on some sort of throne while holding a staff with a glowing blue jewel on the end.

"You summoned me, Your Majesty?"

The figure turned to see a unicorn with a maroon coat, a magenta mane and tail that was styled in a Mohawk, wearing black armor all over her torso and black horseshoes. She also had a scar going down her right eye...but her most prominent feature was her broken horn.

"Ah...Tempest," the figure said. "Just the pony I was looking for. I have an assignment for you...something that just might get back what you lost."

The unicorn's broken horn sparked and flared before she opened her eyes...a sinister smile growing on her face.

"When do I start?" she asked.

THE END...?

Author's Note:

Didn't see that one coming, did ya?! ;)

Anyway, thanks you guys, for reading this story, and I hope one day, I get to write another one like this that might be a little better. I appreciate all your comments and views. :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 14 )

The Storm King comes.

8617719
Just when things are starting to get better.

Where one story end other story start anew

Wow...that was a great finale! And really nice job connecting it with the beginning of the movie :D

I enjoyed this story, shame it didn't last long, but all things must come to an end. For your first story, this wasn't bad, in fact I found it to be pretty great. Sure I saw a few errors here and there, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. Warfang wasn't that bad of a villain, he was just a poor soul driven mad, and don't get me wrong, but I think killing him off was a good choice, it showed that you were willing to kill off your own character to make an ending meaningful considering death was a pretty hefty theme throughout the story.

8933431
I thank you very much for your comments. They're greatly appreciated.

Did you like how I alluded to the movie here?

8933438
I was meaning to get to that, and I did. It's like you crafted your own little timeline and the way the characters' interacted with each other was adequate; spot on, if I'm honest. Now and then, the sibling banter between the two princes was humorous.

8933443
I'm so glad you thought so!

9906130
Why thank you, I should also mention that Twilight's Dark Form very well reminds of Sonic's own dark form, either way, I can't imagine what dark forms for Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy would look like...

9906146
They'd probably look scary.

Login or register to comment