• Published 18th Oct 2017
  • 1,366 Views, 218 Comments

My Little Pony: The Rise of Warfang - XFangHeartX



When a young filly named Moonlight Essence shows up at the Castle of Friendship, Twilight can't seem to make sense of it...until word spreads of wolf attacks throughout Equestria.

  • ...
3
 218
 1,366

Ch. 6- Attack on Ponyville

"RUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!" screamed a Pegasus mare as she ran away from a couple of wolves. In fact, almost all of Ponyville was in chaos, and Discord wasn't even here! The wolves were everywhere, running rampant in the streets, chasing ponies and destroying property.

While some ponies ran to hide, others were doing their damnedest to fight back. Some stallions were protecting their marefriends, kicking the wolves in their faces when they got too close, while some mares were trying to take a more strategic approach, like feigning injury or hiding behind crates and boxes before they attacked. Meanwhile at Sugarcube Corner, Mrs. Cake was trying to keep her babies, Pound and Pumpkin, calm so they would not cry and draw the attention of the wolves while Mr. Cake tried to lock the wolves out and bar the doors and windows shut.

With Lyra, she grunted as she tried to run away from the wolves, but one of them got a good bite on her left hind leg. The pain from the wound had slowed her down, significantly, allowing one of the wolves to catch up to her, but just as it looked like she was about to be devoured...

"Lyra!!"

Suddenly, BonBon appeared and tackled the wolf away, to Lyra's relief.

"BonBon!" she exclaimed as she limped up to her.

"Are you okay?" asked BonBon.

"I'm fine," Lyra answered. "At least, now that you're here."

However, it seemed too early to be relieved just yet, for the wolf soon went back for more. BonBon growled before she rushed the wolf and sucker punched him with her hoof, sending him down to the ground. Not too far from them, Berry Punch was trying to fend off the wolves while she tried to keep her daughter, Ruby Pinch, behind her, but just when they were about to go in for the attack, several glass bottles dropped down the ground, creating a sparking flash of light that frightened the wolves away. Berry Punch blinked in confusion before she looked up and smiled upon seeing Zecora, standing up on the roof.

"Thank you!" Berry exclaimed, causing Zecora to nod.

Meanwhile, Derpy was trying to fly away from some of the wolves, who jumped up and tried to bite at her wings in order to drag her down to the ground. In her desperation to get away, she unwittingly bumped into a stack of crates, which toppled over and soon collapsed, burying the wolves underneath them while Derpy blinked down at the mess with her eyes in their usual crossed manner.

"Did I do that?" she asked.

At that moment, Twilight and the others soon appeared, and they gasped at the destruction that was taking place in their town.

"This ain't good," Applejack said as she looked around.

"Quick, we have to help everypony!" exclaimed Twilight.

"Way ahead of ya, Twilight!" Rainbow Dash shouted as she flew on ahead towards a bunch of wolves that were about to pounce on Cheerilee and some of her students. The cyan Pegasus punched and kicked away the armored lupines while Cheerilee took the chance to run for it, herding the children along with her. One wolf managed to tackle Rainbow Dash to the ground and pinned her, but she smirked as she kicked the wolf in the gut and sent him crashing into a wall.

"Who else wants some?!" questioned Rainbow Dash. "Huh?! Bring it on!!"

The wolves growled as they tried to surround her, but she proved to be hardier than most ponies. Meanwhile, Applejack used her lasso to muzzle one of the wolves' jaws shut, then jumped onto his back. He growled as he tried to shake her off, but she held on tight to his back.

"Yee-haw!" she exclaimed as she threw her hat into the air. "Get along, li'l doggie!"

"I am NOT a dog!!" the wolf barked.

As for Rarity, she found herself backed up against the Carousel Boutique as the wolves advanced toward her, but the ivory unicorn soon used her magic to levitate several ribbons, which she then used to tie the wolves' mouths shut.

"Somepony should teach you barbarians some manners," Rarity scolded as the wolves tried to get the ribbons off, but to no avail. Meanwhile, Pinkie had managed to get back to Sugarcube Corner, and after doing some rummaging around, she soon found what she was looking for: her Party Cannon. Not a moment too soon, either, because the wolves were right behind her, preparing to have her for their snack...or so they thought.

"SURPRISE!!!" Pinkie exclaimed as she fired the cannon, which made a loud BOOM as balls of confetti hit the wolves in their faces, which disoriented them a bit. However, when they went to try and attack Pinkie again, they gasped upon seeing she was gone.

"Hey! Where'd she go?!" asked one of the wolves.

"Yoo-hoo~!!"

The wolves looked up to see Pinkie standing on the roof, holding what looked like...

"BOMBS?!!" the wolves questioned before they turned and fled, while Pinkie giggled gleefully as she hurled several bombs at the wolves. When they exploded, however, confetti would burst out with a loud pop..of course, the wolves didn't know that, since they were too busy running away, since they thought the popping was them sound of the bombs bursting into flames.

As for Twilight, Starlight, and Spike, they were trying to help other ponies get to safety.

"Everypony hurry!" Twilight called. "Get to the Town Hall!"

"Nopony panic!" Starlight added.

"Single file, okay!?" Spike asked.

"Thank you, Twilight!" said Mayor Mare.

"Don't thank me yet!" Twilight replied. "Hurry and get everypony to safety! Hopefully, these wolves will give up!"

"I don't think so."

The ponies froze before they turned to see Stormhowl, who growled deeply in his throat as he glared at them.

"They won't leave until we find what we're looking for," Stormhowl began, "or until I call them back."

Twilight glared back as she stepped forward, to Spike and Starlight's worry.

"So...you must be Warfang," said Twilight.

"Correction," Stormhowl said. "I am Stormhowl, the Wolf Prince. My pack and I hailed from the Jagged Fang Mountains, far to the north, beyond the Crystal Empire. My Father, King Warfang, ordered us to come here in search of a powerful artifact."

"Well, whatever this artifact is," Starlight began, "it's probably not here, so you can just take your wolves and go back where you came from!"

"Yeah!" agreed Spike.

"You know," Stormhowl began, "I don't like it when someone tests my patience. My brother already tested mine, today."

"Look," said Twilight, "everypony here is just trying to have a nice, peaceful day. We don't want anymore trouble...so, as the Princess of Friendship, I ask that you please leave us alone."

A pause...but then Stormhowl growled.

"Sorry," he said, "but I'm afraid I'm not going anywhere." On that, he tackled Twilight and pinned her against the ground, pressing her paw up against her neck with great force, which caused her to gag as she struggled to push the elder Wolf Prince off.

"Twilight!!" Spike and Starlight cried as they ran to help her, but Stormhowl kicked them both away before they could get close.

"Oh, no!" shouted Rarity, getting Pinkie's, Applejack's, and Rainbow Dash's attention. "Twilight's in trouble!!"

"Twilight!!" Pinkie cried.

"Now then," Stormhowl began as he squeezed Twilight's neck, causing her to gag even more, "where...is...the stone?"

"Stone...?!" Twilight asked.

XXX

Back at Sweet Apple Acres, Big McIntosh and Fluttershy were in the barn, keeping a lookout for any wolves that would approach. Behind them, the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Moonlight whimpered worriedly, clearly still shook up from when the wolves chased them, but Fluttershy turned and gently shushed as they gathered around her.

"It's okay, girls," said the yellow Pegasus as she wrapped her wings around them. "No mean wolves are going to come after you."

"Fluttershy?" asked Moonlight. "Twilight and the others are gonna come back, right?"

"Of course, they are," Fluttershy assured. "They're my friends and they've always pulled through."

"She's right, ya know!" Apple Bloom added. "My sister and her friends, includin' Fluttershy, have pretty much saved all of Equestria on a regular basis!"

"Wait...what?" asked Moonlight.

"It's true!" Scootaloo clarified. "They saved Equestria from Nightmare Moon, Discord, the Changelings, Lord Tirek...they even saved the Crystal Empire, like THREE TIMES, now!"

"It's because of how amazing they are that they inspire us, everyday!" Sweetie Belle added.

"Wow," Moonlight said in amazement. "So...they're like heroes?"

"You could say that," Fluttershy said.

"Don't wanna put a damper on things," Big McIntosh spoke up, "but I think we got company."

Fluttershy looked out the window...only to gasp upon seeing Swiftclaw, wandering around the acres. He was just...pacing around, looking angry and muttering things to himself.

"Oh, no," Sweetie Belle bemoaned. "Not another one!"

"Stay here," Big McIntosh said. "This shouldn't take long."

"Be careful, Big Mac!" Apple Bloom warned her brother.

"Eyup," Big Mac nodded before he charged outside, and the sound of his thundering hooves caught Swiftclaw's attention. Before the younger Wolf Prince could process what was going on, the bright red stallion tackled him with his brute strength, causing him to cry out in surprise before Big McIntosh stamped his hooves against the wolf.

"Hey, what gives?!" questioned Swiftclaw. "Get off me!!"

As Big McIntosh kept Swiftclaw pinned, Moonlight watched with great fear as she hid behind Fluttershy.

"...It's him...!" she whispered.

XXX

Back in Ponyville, Twilight continued to struggle against Stormhowl, who growled as he bared his teeth at her, his paws still squeezing her throat.

"Last chance, Princess," he said. "Where. The hell. Is the stone?!"

"I don't know what you mean!!" Twilight cried.

"Wrong answer!!" Stormhowl barked as he prepared to sink his fangs into her neck...until a white blur collided with him and sent him crashing to the ground. Twilight gasped for air as she sat up, only to see that the one who saved her was her one and only big brother.

"Shining Armor!!" Twilight exclaimed while Spike, Starlight, Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash sighed in relief.

"Thank Celestia," Rarity whispered.

"You stay away from my little sister!!" Shining Armor demanded.

Stormhowl growled as he stood up and shook his head, then glared at Shining Armor as he turned to face him.

"You'll regret that...!" he hissed.

"Shining, be careful!" Twilight warned. "His armor! Your magic won't work on it!"

"Looks like we'll have to do this the old fashioned way," said Shining Armor as he pawed the ground. Stormhowl barked as he lunged at the unicorn stallion, who jumped out of his way and swung his front hooves down on him. The wolf dodged before he tried to circle around Shining Armor, but he just kept turning around to face him, not wanting to turn his back on him, knowing that he would be a sitting duck if the wolf got on top of him and got a hold of his neck. Then, Shining Armor thrust his horn at Stormhowl's face, attempting to stab his cheek or gouge out an eye.

"Be careful!" Starlight called.

"Oh, man, I can't watch!" cried Spike as he covered his eyes. "Tell me when it's over!"

"Come on, Shining Armor, you can do it!!" Rainbow Dash cheered.

Twilight winced, anxiously as she watched her brother try to fight Stormhowl off. When it looked like Stormhowl was about to jump at him from behind, he delivered a powerful kick to the elder Wolf Prince's jaw, sending him to the ground again.

"Had enough, yet?" Shining Armor asked as he approached the wolf...who soon jumped to his paws and swiped his claws at the Captain of the Royal Guard's left eye, causing him to cry out in pain as blood sprayed into the air.

"SHINING ARMOR!!!" cried Twilight as Stormhowl tackled him. The two wrestled about, kicking up dust as they did, and the resulting fight forced a few ponies to jump out of the way before they both went crashing into a house. Twilight and the others gasped in shock, the former waiting in anticipation. Her heart pounded, fiercely, and she chewed her lip as she waited for some sort of sign. Just then, she heard movement, causing her to gasp silently. Then...Stormhowl came flying out of the house and crashed into a wall. Not long after, Shining Armor emerged, his left eye dripping with blood as he kept it closed, and his right flank also bearing deep bite marks, although they didn't really hit his cutie mark.

"...Get lost...!" Shining Armor seethed, while Stormhowl glared back at him, a deep cut on his right cheek...but then he got up and threw his head up to the sky, releasing a long howl. The sound soon summoned the other wolves to his side.

"You win...for now," Stormhowl began, "but this ISN'T over!"

On that, the wolves fled while Shining Armor grunted in pain from his wounds.

"Shining Armor, are you okay?" Twilight asked, worriedly.

"Heh," Shining Armor smirked. "I'm fine, Twily...trust me, I've been through a lot worse." He then grunted in pain.

"That was much too close," Rarity said as she joined Twilight's side. "Do you know what that wolf would have done to you if your brother hadn't arrived?"

"I actually don't wanna think about it," said Twilight.

"What was he talking about?" Starlight asked. "Looking for a stone?"

"I hope he doesn't mean my sister, Maud's, pet rock, Boulder!" Pinkie exclaimed, worriedly.

"Whatever he meant," Spike began, "I'm glad he's gone."

"For now, that is," Applejack pointed out.

"Yeah, you heard him!" added Rainbow Dash. "This isn't over!"

"What should we do?" Starlight asked.

"I have to report to Princess Celestia," said Shining Armor. "I have to ask to send more guards here. Five just won't be enough to defend Ponyville."

"That's probably a good idea," said Twilight as she stood at her brother's side, allowing him to lean on her as he groaned. "In the meantime, we're taking you to the doctor. If we let those wounds fester, you could get an infection! Or worse, scars!"

"What's so bad about scars?" asked Rainbow Dash, causing everypony to glare at her. "...Right, sorry, not helping."

"Shining Armor, sir!"

Shining Armor turned to see a couple of Royal Guards approaching with Big McIntosh, Fluttershy, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and Moonlight, and being dragged along behind them...was Swiftclaw, hogtied in rope.

"This wolf was caught, roaming around Sweet Apple Acres," said one of the guards.

"Rrrgh!" Swiftclaw grunted. "Dammit, let me go!"

"What should we do with him, sir?" asked the other guard, while Shining Armor glared down at Swiftclaw.

"...Take him to my sister's castle and lock him up," he ordered. "One way or another, we're going to find out what these wolves want."

Hearing that caused Swiftclaw to gulp while Fluttershy looked at the younger Wolf Prince in concern.

Author's Note:

Yeah, not much of a fight scene. Hopefully, I'll do better in a later chapter.