• Published 28th Aug 2017
  • 2,482 Views, 69 Comments

Sour Sweet Relapse - Nico-Stone Rupan



Bitter Honey must deal with being home alone with Sour Sweet who has lost her grip on reality.

  • ...
4
 69
 2,482

Epilogue

Legally, Second Person was still deemed to be a competent adult so there would be no serious child custody case in response to his wife's relapse.

Personally, Second deemed himself to be incompetent and a failure, both as a husband and a father.

Sour Sweet was his best friend, his lawfully wedded wife, and his soulmate. Bitter Honey was his daughter, his pride and joy, and his world. How could he have not been there for them? He noticed at least one of the warning signs with Sour's sleeplessness. Couldn't he have made sure that she was taking her medication? Bitter said that there was reckless driving. What if there was a crash? Second had the scars on his left arm to know what a driver with impaired health could do. Bitter missed several meals. Why wasn't he there to feed her? Why? Why? WHY?!

Second's self-agonizing thoughts were interrupted by the pain in his hands. He was gripping the steering wheel too tightly. He loosened up.

He glanced over to Sour. She was silent, simply peering out the window. Her face seemed so full of thought. He wondered if she was seeing anything extra among the scenery at the moment. Second used the rearview mirror to look back at Bitter. She was following Sour's example, quietly watching the world go by. She even had a similar expression upon her face.

Second cracked a smile. Like mother, like daughter.

They pulled into the parking lot. The sign on the building read, "CANTERLOT PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL".

Second got out and opened the door for Bitter first. He unbuckled her from the car seat, picking her up and out onto the ground. He then opened the door for Sour. Similarly, he unbuckled her and with hand held, helped her out.

They entered the hospital. Second signed the forms that the receptionist handed to him. Every stroke of the pen pained him. A nurse came for Sour. Second picked Bitter up so she could be at eye level with her mother.

"Get better, mama."

"Sour, we're going to visit you as often as they allow us to."

Sour didn't respond to either of them. The nurse gently placed her hands on her and began guiding the way to her room. Sour compiled for a moment, but then stopped. She turned back around.

"Second?"

Second perked up. "Yes, honey?"

"Did you win your award?"

Second blinked. He had honestly forgotten all about that. "Yes, Sour. I did. Anon was pissed."

A small, barely visible smile grew on his wife's face. "I knew you would."

With that, Sour turned back around and followed the nurse. She had treatment to begin.

****************

Leaving the hospital, Second took Bitter to the city park. He felt he had a lot of making up to do over his daughter's lost fun weekend.

Bitter grew excited, tugging at his hand. "Daddy, let's go to the roundabout first!"

Second chuckled. "Alright, alright. Just don't pull my arm off, girl!"

Bitter jumped onto the roundabout. She sat right in the middle and gripped the bars.

"Ready?" Second asked.

"Ready!"

Not too hard, Second gave it a spin. Bitter let out a "Wooo!" as she went round and round. However, she wasn't completely satisfied.

"Faster, daddy, faster!"

Second shrugged. "Alright, you asked for it."

As hard as he could, he spun it. Bitter laughed. The entire world around her was a complete blur. Steadily, she began to slow down and to make out objects. She saw her father coming and going with each rotation. Then, something odd happened. She began seeing two men. It wasn't double. It was her father and clearly someone else. A man with blonde hair, blue eyes, wearing a fine, tailored suit, with a sadistic grin on his face.

The roundabout slowed to a stop. Bitter was joyously dizzy. The other man was gone, though. Only her father was there with her.

Bitter grinned. "Again! Again!"

Perhaps she would see more people this time.

THE END

Comments ( 27 )

That was bittersweet.

Awe! So sad yet happy ending. You are a genius!

Possible title for the sequel: Sour Sweet Treatment (she could hang out with screw loose or screwball)

(1) Paradise Lost was an amazing read.

(2) I imagine she will cry rivers of tears when she fully comes to her senses and realizes that she could have accidentally killed her daughter.

(3) I wouldn't mind a sequel -- Sour Sweet shenanigans at the hospital. Who knows what crazies she meets there and what games they play to pass time.

Well.... that ended on a somber ass note. :fluttercry:

CSC

Great work!!

Umm...
So I need information.
Where are these stories, Paradise Lost and such, what format are they in, and such.
I feel like this is information I should know.

8429080
You call it "sad yet happy". I call it barely not tragic.
Bitter doesn't have her mother and we have the strongest implication yet that she's inherited her mother's condition.

8429248

Paradise Lost is an epic poem by John Milton from 1667. Here's a link to read it online: https://www.dartmouth.edu/~milton/reading_room/pl/book_1/text.shtml

Left Behind is by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. There are sixteen novels in the main series. There are forty chapter books in the Left Behind: The Kids spinoff series, however they recently put out new editions that combined those into twelve YA-style novels. These should be found in any Christian bookstore, such as LifeWay. Amazon offers Kindle versions if you don't want physical ones.

If you're interested in movie versions, you have Left Behind: The Movie (2000), Left Behind II: Tribulation Force (2002), and Left Behind: World At War (2005) which all star Kirk Cameron. There's a 2014 remake of Left Behind starring Nicolas Cage. The latest one that came out just last year is Vanished - Left Behind: Next Generation. I don't know if Netflix has them all, but there are low quality uploads on YouTube.

8429315
That is kind of what i ment.

Given the slow leak of magic into this world, Bitter seeing the same dapper Antichrist figure as her mother fills me with more concern than you probably intended.

In any case, this isn't really a happy ending per se, but it could've been much, much worse. Hopefully Sour will remember from now on that feeling like you don't need the meds only means that they're working. And if Bitter does have her mother's condition, she'll have much more understanding parents... thiugh I can't guarantee that Sour won't flagellate herself over cursing her daughter as she has.

On the bright side, Sour's a much better fanfic author than she thinks.

A shiver went up my spine at the very end.

Clap clap clap!
Awesome! Just straight out awesome!

Baby nooo!

Well, if she does have a similar condition or developing it, at least she'll have a strong support system of family and friends that have Bitter's back.

8430204
Yet Sonic Unleashed, Smite, and even God of War pronounce it as Gaia...

Honestly, I like the Bitter-Sweet Ending, I think a series of shorts showing old friends visiting her in the hospital would be nice, plus a good chance to bring back some old faces.

....And lets hope that Bitter knows the man with the sinister look is a bad guy.

8434533
Yeah, that's what they're calling her on Derpibooru.

Sour's mind is a disturbing yet entertaining place indeed.
Bitter's future is going to be a challenge indeed.
This last chapter hit a bit to close to home.
Wonderful story. Hope to see more.

Finally caught up! Yay! :yay:

But dang do I feel for Bitter :fluttercry:
And Sour too! I really was hoping she beat it!
(in the sense that she stayed on her meds and hopefully never had relapse, or at least small ones if she did...)
Poor thing had the stability yanked from out under her so fast :fluttershbad:

I hope things get relatively normal again. I love this family too so much!

Is there gonna be someone who thinks they're Napoleon in the sequel (If there is one)?

DAMN YOU NICOLAE CARPATHIA, STAY AWAY FROM BITTER, YOU ALREADY TRIED TO SEDUCE SOUR!!!
Sweet read Bro, did not expect You to know of Left Behind or directly reference it.

Keep up the good work!!!

8478743

Sweet read Bro, did not expect You to know of Left Behind or directly reference it.

Left Behind is my favorite book series with Nicolae Carpathia being my all-time favorite character (sorry Sour). I was even briefly involved with the production company that made the 2014 movie version with Nicolas Cage. I was a little disappointed that my name didn't come up in the "Special Thanks" of the ending credits. All I got was a lousy shirt. Not joking. The company mailed a Left Behind shirt with the actors' autographs on it to me. It wasn't even my size. :rainbowlaugh:

8478809
Glad to Know someone else who enjoyed it as much as I Did. Are you planning anything in future with Bitter Seeing Nicolae like her mom did?

Also, No Offense meant, but are you a Christian? Cause I thought only Christians would know of Left Behind, I know I am, even though I Dont show it often. (I Struggle with a lot of Vices)

8479132

Are you planning anything in future with Bitter Seeing Nicolae like her mom did?

This is likely a one time thing with Nicolae. Of course, I do change my mind a lot lol

Also, No Offense meant, but are you a Christian?

I was raised Christian, but I consider myself an agnostic these days. Christianity still fascinates me so that's why I can enjoy such stories as Left Behind.

8479481
was just asking cause I am one myself, looking forward to more in the future. Will Sour ever be able to return home? Will Bitter beat what her mom couldn't? Find out next time on the Adventure of the Sour Sweet Family!:pinkiehappy:

This was incredibly dark and incredibly real and I loved every minute of it

Sour being committed was the absolutely saddest moment in this entire series. And now it look's like Bitter is headed down a similar path. Heartbreaking.

You know, I put off this story for a while, until now, because I knew exactly what would probably happen. I was not wrong either. It doesnt make me happy, knowing that she would have to go through this, Bitter Honey. And knowing since the doctor story with Gretchen that she was already displaying symptoms. Bitter Honey, your life is going to get so much harder from here.

Login or register to comment