• Published 15th Jul 2017
  • 1,966 Views, 34 Comments

Under your wing - Comeonideodic



Rainbow and her friends throw Twilight a welcome home party. With Rainbow having the new horror film in her possession, Twilight is more than a little scared to watch it.

  • ...
1
 34
 1,966

In the end

Opening her friends bathroom door Rainbow headed back down the stairs towards her friends, but more importantly confront Twilight again. "Hopefully it goes better than last time.." she whispered to herself while instantly finding herself in front of the closed kitchen door. She felt as if she should be nervous confronting Twilight again after her failed attempt last time, but with the newfound confidence in her heart, Rainbow walked through the door, getting ready to put her almighty plan into action.

barging into the kitchen Rainbow gave a smile at all her now completely silent friends, all just staring at her like she was a ghost about to murder them all. "too much confidence." Rainbow mused to herself with a chuckle. Taking a quick glance at Twilight, who was sitting next to Rarity, Rainbow saw the face she had come to absolutely love. With her heart starting to beat faster she made her way across the loud kitchen floor towards her friends while keeping eye contact with Twilight the whole way. She was, in Twilights words, experimenting the chosen subject. She gave a small smirk at that.

Seeing Rainbow slowly start to walk over to her Twilight looked away and started to panic. After there last confrontation she didn't know how Rainbow would react. She knew she would have to talk to Rainbow again eventually. Not just because they were best friends, but because her heart pretty much demanded it. Slowly looking back up at the now closer Rainbow Dash, Twilights eyes went right into Rainbow's. That's when she realized, Rainbow had been staring directly at her this whole time. It was as if she was coming over to yell at her. With a nervous whine Twilight quickly turned away and looked over at Rarity with a look of pure desperation. Rarity wasn't sure why Twilight was giving the look she was giving. When she left the two out in the living room they were both fine, staring into each others eyes like moth to flame. With a small smile directed over at her nervous friend, Rarity gave a small nod. She figured something like this would happen with Twilight. Pulling over a chair with her magic Rarity gave a big smile directed at the approaching love bird

"Rainbow dear, Please, take a seat." Rarity said while taking a glance at Twilight who was staring at Rainbow, clearly lost in her thoughts.

"Thanks." Rainbow said while taking a seat on the chair that was conveniently placed next to Twilight.

With a now awkward silence filling the corner of the room, Rainbow quickly looked at Rarity with a small smile while motioning her head at Twilight. She wanted to talk to twilight alone. She needed to apologise, even though she knows she's not very good at that sort of thing, to her for her weird breakdown earlier. Seeing the look and gestures Rainbow was giving her Rarity quickly spoke up, breaking the silence between the group. She knew that look all to well. Privacy. "If you girls would be so kind as to excuse me, I have to go to the little ladies room." Rarity said while standing up from her seat and winking at Rainbow. Who in turn nodded in thanks.

Looking up at her fashion friend, Twilight gave a look of her own. It was a look of.. betrayal. Looking back at Twilight, Rarity gave a small smile. "I'm sorry Twilight.. Ill make it up to you." She thought to herself before leaving the kitchen, leaving the two mares alone with one another.


"H-hey Rai--" Twilight nervously started, but was quickly cut off by her prismatic friend.

"I.. I'm uh, sorry Twi. I didn't mean to, y'know.. run off earlier. Its just.. I was just.." Rainbow stuttered. Where did the confidence go she had coming into this? Why did she have to be so damn scared around this beautiful, perfect mare that she felt so warm and fuzzy around. She groaned to herself in annoyance as she realized she just answered her own question.

Seeing that this was Rainbows attempt at an apology, Twilight quickly eased up. "Stupid brain.. Stupid nerves.." Twilight thought, mentally kicking herself. Why would she ever think Rainbow was coming over to yell at her? "Dash I.. Its alright. You have to go you have to go I guess." Twilight said in an attempt to ease the air. Hearing the laughter coming from Rainbows mouth must have been contagious, because the next thing Twilight knew she was almost crying from laughter as well.

"Geez Twi! Way to be blunt about it!" Rainbow said, the laughter slowly dying down. "At least she doesn't suspect anything." Giving a sigh of relief Rainbow looked over into her friends eyes for what must have been the 20th time that night. After looking at each other for what seemed like an eternity, Rainbow regretfully broke the stare and decided it was now time to reveal one of her two secrets of the night. Standing up and turning around Rainbow walked into the middle of the kitchen. "Ok girls, who's ready to see the secret that I brought?" She asked her four friends in the room.

"ME! I'M READY!" Pinkie yelled, jumping up from her sitting position and darting into the main room of the library.

Following there pink friend into the main room, all of Rainbow's friends now stood and waited. Grabbing the blanket that was currently covering the projector in the corner, Rainbow ripped it off with her teeth. She knew that wasn't going to get a reaction. "Isn't that my projector Rainbow?" Twilight asked stepping forward and lifting the projector with her magic out and into the middle of the room with ease, making Rainbow's jaw drop for a quick second. She always had to make things look easy.

"Yes it is Twi, but that's not the secret!" Rainbow said as she flew up to the highest shelf in the library. Opening her saddlebag she grabbed the film reel and brought it down to finally reveal it to her friends, but mostly Twilight. She couldn't wait to see her reaction. Flipping the film over she took off the cover and showed the title to everypony. Hearing an audible gasp come from there mouths was a sound worth the wait. Taking a glance over at Twilight she saw a look. A look she couldn't quite pin down. Leaving her other friends to talk amongst themselves, Rainbow walked over to Twilight. "Hey uh.. Are you alright Twi?" Rainbow asked, receiving no response from the purple mare. "Hey uh, listen.. We don't have to watch the film if you don't want to. I know you're probably tired from the train ride back." Rainbow said with a smile.

Looking up at her friend Twilight saw Rainbow's face. She saw Rainbow was trying to hide it, but Twilight could see right through that fake smile. It was one of hurt. Her heart nearly shattered at the sight. This film Rainbow had brought was supposedly the scariest film in all of Equestria. How could she watch this if she cant even watch that film with the ghosts and that cart with the weird siren? "No. Rainbow probably had to go through so much trouble to get this film and I'm not going to deny her the chance to watch it because I'm being a stupid scaredy pony." Twilight stated to herself. She had to get over this childish fear at some point in her life, why not let it be with somepony that makes her feel safe and secure. She also could not stand seeing Rainbow with that expression any longer. In one swift motion Twilight reached out and hugged her cyan friend. "No Rainbow, we're going to watch it." Twilight stated with confidence.

Being hugged by this pony for the second time in one night was something of dreams for Rainbow. without thinking Rainbow leaned into the hug, moving one of her hooves down Twilights beautiful mane causing a shiver to emenate from her body. Being this close to one another again caused many feelings for them both. Neither wanted to ever leave this position, but neither would tell one another they didn't want to. Regretfully Twilight pulled away from the warmth of the hug with all her will power, feeling empty as she couldn't smell rainbow's scent anymore.

"I'm glad Twi.. So what d'ya say? shall we get some pillows and get to watchin?" Rainbow asked with a glimmer in her magenta eyes.

"Yes rainbow, we shall." Twilight said with a sincere smile.

"Awesome! I'm going to head upstairs and grab some blankets and pillows for us all." Rainbow said as she flew up to the second floor. Sighing as she watched Rainbow fly away, Twilight grabbed the film out of the case and popped it into the projector. Pulling down the screen and turning off the lights she shivered as she realized what she got herself into.


Making her way towards Twilights room, Rainbow quickly grabbed all the blankets and pillows she could find and quickly headed back down the stairs. She hoped and prayed to Celestia that everything was going to go as planned. It had to. Seeing the lights off and the flash from the film projector starting up, Rainbow smiled as she headed over to her friends. She found her friends scattered all around the room. Pinkie was currently sitting right in front of the screen. Applejack was sitting with Rarity and a rather jittery Fluttershy, sharing the last of the snacks. Twilight however, was the farthest away from the screen. With a questioning glare Rainbow quickly gave the group of friends and the rather eager Pinkiepie a pillow and blanket. finally Rainbow came upon her purple friend sitting alone in the dark. She had to say, Twilight sitting back here definitely made things easier and a lot less embarrassing for her plan, but she was curious as to why Twilight was so far back in the first place. Though she decided not to question it, for now. "Hey.. You uh, mind if I sit with you?" Rainbow asked timidly. "I have blankets and pillows for us." Rainbow said, gesturing towards the objects on her back.

Twilight looked up and took in a breath as she saw who it was. Rainbow wanted to sit with her? Without waiting for an answer Rainbow tossed the pillows on the floor for them to sit on and laid the blanket out to put overtop of them. Seeing Rainbow sit down on the pillow and setting a pillow next to her rather close, Twilights heart sped up dramatically. "Rainbow wants to sit with me.." She thought to herself with a small smile while standing up and moving to sit on the unoccupied pillow.

Watching Twilight intently, Rainbow saw that she was slowly walking over to sit where she put the pillow. "So far so good." Once Twilight got situated on the pillow Rainbow grabbed the blanket with her fore hooves and pulled it over the two of them. Rainbow instantly blushed as she felt Twilights side rub against her wing. They really were close together. Just turning her head to look at Twilight would result in either a kiss or a head bash. She was going to look over at Twilight when a loud noise started to play. The film was starting.

Seeing the film start to play made Twilight shiver in fear. In the back of her mind she knew it was just a dumb film, but it didn't help in the heat of the moment. The only thing keeping her from running away was the pony next to her. She could feel her wing ruffle every now and again from the contact they were making with each other. Peeking an eye over at Rainbow, Twilight saw Rainbow was also taking ever so short glances back. Looking down more Twilight saw the crevice of Rainbow's neck. Oh how inviting it looked to her. How soft and warm it would be, how perfect of a moment this would turn out to be. Twilight remembered when she did that same thing on there last reading night together before she left for Canterlot. Without realizing it Twilight had now somehow found herself inched ever so closer to Rainbow's side. In fact, she was now fully pressed into her friend's side. With how close they were, Twilight decided to focus her attention back onto the film. What an idea that was. Without warning a scarred up pony wearing a scary mask jumped out at the camera and screamed, flailing an axe at the main characters. Jumping right out of her now cold as ice skin Twilight screamed along with the film while grabbing onto the closest thing for protection.

Rainbow could tell when a jump scare was going to happen. It was obvious in these types of movies, but they were still enjoyable to her anyways. All she had to do was wait for the perfect jump scare in order to put her plan into action. But as one of the first jump scares of the movie happened, Rainbow felt something rather soft cling to her for dear life. Rainbow blushed like mad when she felt a head forcing its way into the crook of her neck. As a pair of purple fore legs wrapped around her barrel, locking securely in place. Rainbow didn't know what to do at this point. Her plan was now out the window. "Don't steer away..." With all the courage she could muster Rainbow slowly lifted her wing up and over Twilights back wrapping it securely around her barrel, mimicking what Twilight was doing to her.

Twilight was lost. She had been scared out of her hooves and what does she do? Cling on to Rainbow dash for dear life. Puts her head into Rainbows neck and wraps her fore legs around her like she was a foal wanting her mom. This was not how she wanted this to go at all! This was all wrong! Rainbow probably hates her now! She never should ha-- Shivering, Twilight's abrasive thoughts were cut short as she felt something slide over her back and wrap snugly around her. Rainbow's wing was now around her, pulling her into a wing blanket. This all felt so familiar. Pulling her head up and out of Rainbows neck Twilight looked up and into the magenta pools already staring down at her. This was it. There was no going back now.

Nervousness. That's all rainbow was feeling at this moment in time. Having her wing now perfectly wrapped around Twilight meant only one thing. It could only mean one thing. New plan. Looking down at the pony she was now snuggling up against Rainbow saw Twilights head start to shift. Seeing her purple head move out of the crook of her neck, seeing her beautiful eyes look up into her own. This gave her all the confidence she needed. Moving her head down so she was practically breathing on Twilights face, she wrapped her fore hooves around Twilights neck and pulled her in for the most passionate kiss she has ever given. The only kiss she has ever given in fact.

Twilight was gone. She had been scared out of her hooves and what does she do? Cling on to Rainbow dash for dear life. Puts her head into Rainbows neck and wraps her fore legs around her like she was a foal wanting her mom. This was not how she wanted this to go at all! This was all wrong! Rainbow probably hates her now! She never should ha-- Love. All Twilight could feel in her life at this moment was love and well.. she loved it. All she could do in her life at this moment was return what she was receiving. To give back what she was feeling. To give love back.

Pulling away from the kiss, the out of breath Rainbow Dash looked down at the also out of breath Twilight Sparkle. Or should she say marefriend? She wasn't sure what was to come, but Rainbow did know that one thing was for sure. That whatever happens.. To always keep her under your wing.

Author's Note:

Ahh. So that is the end of this story. At least if you guys/gals want it to be. I can probably make an epilogue that is a couple weeks into the future from the time of this ending. I guess you all can let me know if you want that. Though for now, this story is completo!

I cant say how much it means to me that this story has done as good as it has. I'm also very sorry for the wait that i have caused probably a lot of people! It has been a whole year haha.

As always, feel free to tell me ways I can improve or things that are spelled incorrectly, all that jazz. (Be nice down there!) :twilightsmile::heart::rainbowkiss:

(P.S. If you haven't already, go check out my other story! It does involve some u know what so you have been warned!)

Comments ( 4 )

Not bad at all for being your first story.

And Twidash is never wrong.:twilightsmile:

I would like an epilogue. This is a very cute and enjoyable story to read, and the more the merrier! :ajsmug:

8647598
Thanks! Yes, you can never go wrong with twidash! :twilightsmile::heart::rainbowkiss:

Somehow, my jaw can’t keep still. Sure, It’s pretty cold, but I don’t think that’s the reason because, why would I feel warm? :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment