• Published 15th Jul 2017
  • 1,966 Views, 34 Comments

Under your wing - Comeonideodic



Rainbow and her friends throw Twilight a welcome home party. With Rainbow having the new horror film in her possession, Twilight is more than a little scared to watch it.

  • ...
1
 34
 1,966

I have a crush on Twilight Sparkle

The kitchen door opened with a loud creak as Rainbow stepped through with a happy step and a grin on her face. Though as Rainbow walked further into the kitchen, she noticed that all her friends were looking at her rather suspiciously. "Probably looking for my 'surprise'. " Rainbow thought to herself while looking at all her friends and chuckling. "You're not gunna find it on me guys. I hid it somewhere so no pony could find it. No one." Dash said while glaring at Pinkie who was currently stuffing her face with food. With that now out of the way, Rainbow quickly took notice to a rather important pony missing from the scene. "Hey uh, Rarity? Where's Twilight? She's not still in her room is she?" Rainbow asked while looking up to where Twilights room would be if she could see though floors.

"No dear she's just cleaning up for her party is all. Her mane was quite a catastrophe after.. what happened earlier between you two.." Rarity said with a fake questioning glare towards her friend, knowing full well why that happened in the first place. Rainbow gave a nervous chuckle before glancing down and finding her hoof a lot more interesting than it once was.

"Yeah that was pretty amazi- WEIRD! Heh.. uhm, weird wasn't it?" Rainbow said with wide eyes while looking up to see Rarity's reaction to that amazingly horrible sentence her mouth and brain just spewed out.

Rarity couldn't help but give the biggest grin she'd ever pulled off. All the while pointed directly at Rainbow's wide open eyes. Rarity held her grin for a solid minute before walking past Rainbow giggling to herself. It wasn't that big of a deal, at least to her. "I just want Rainbow to tell me.. She would feel a lot better if she got all that stress off her chest." Rarity told herself while walking out the doorway towards the living room. She has helped Twilight through this whole ordeal, why not help the other lovebird?


Hopping out of her shower, Twilight shivered as the cold air hit her body. "This is always the worst part of a shower.." She said with a chuckle while wrapping the towel round her wet mane. Walking over to her bathroom mirror she sighed lightly as she looked back into her own eyes, seeing the large black pools and the purple colour behind them. She wanted to say she was beautiful, but she didn't really care about her own opinion. She was only concerned about Rainbow's opinion. Rainbows beauty was uncanny to her own, but she was going to give it her all tonight to make herself look stunning. If Rarity had taught her anything, it was that you might as well just go for it because it wont get any easier till you do. So tonight, Twilight Sparkle was going to do something she never thought she'd have the courage to do. Ask Rainbow on a date. Twilight smiled brightly to herself in the mirror as she felt the new found courage flowing from her heart and into her bloodstream. Exiting her bathroom and quickly trotting over to her room, her mind and body went into overdrive as she got to beautifying herself.


Rainbow, with her eyes still wide open, realised her eyes were still wide open and quickly squinted rapidly to get the dryness out. "Rarity knows.." She thought to herself. She had only discovered her true feelings for Twilight not to long ago, so how long has Rarity known for? Sighing to herself she decided to deal with Rarity later, for now she had a rather difficult task. Get the film projector from the basement up to the living room. She couldn't carry it on her own it would be too heavy for her back, it would also block her from taking flight. "Ugh.. I'm gunna need Rarity's magic aren't I?" With another deep sigh, Dash headed past her friends towards the living room to were Rarity entered not too long ago.

Entering the living room Rainbow laid eyes on Rarity sitting on the couch quietly reading none other than the cheesiest romance novel out there. "Typical Rarity." She said with a chuckle. Walking over so she was standing right in front of her friend Rainbow attempted to talk, but no words came out. Why was this so hard?

"Can I help you Rainbow Dash?" Rarity said while looking over her book at Rainbow's clearly nervous face.

"Uhm, hey Rarity. I was wondering if you could maybe uh.. help me with something? Its in the basement.." Asked a jittery Dash.

Rarity smiled and nodded at Rainbow before she quietly put her book down with her reading glasses. She followed her friend towards the basement door all the while getting ready to receive the confession she knew Rainbow was going to give her.

With the light hanging from the basement ceiling now on, the two ponies headed down the basement stairs towards to what seemed like to Rarity a film projector. "interesting." She thought to herself with a questioning look. "So? What did you need help with Rainbow."

"I uh.. need help with two things actually.." Rainbow said turning around to face Rarity. "Remember when you said If there is anything I had to say you would be here to listen? Well, I know you're good with the whole romantic side of things.. and I kind of need your magic so.. Here goes nothing I guess.. IhaveacrushonTwilightSparkle!" She blurted out while looking down with her eyes shut for some form of protection.

"I'm sorry what? A little slower please dear." Rarity said with a genuine smile. Rarity did conceder herself quite the prankster, but she definitely wasn't going to make this any harder for the mare than it needed to be.

"I.. I have a.."

"Please Rainbow, I cant help you if you don't tal-"

"I have a crush on twilight Sparkle! Okay?!" Rainbow looked up and yelled rather loudly. Dash quickly shrunk herself down and prayed to Celestia that her friends, or worse Twilight, didn't hear her yell that.

Rarity smiled and walked over towards her cyan friend and got down to her level, pulling her into a hug. "Its okay Rainbow dash, trust me. Its okay to be feeling what your feeling, its normal for everypony."

"But.. She's a mare and I'm a-"

"mare?" Rarity backed away from the hug and held rainbows shoulders with her fore hooves, looking right into her magenta eyes. "Dash you listen to me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking another mare, specially one as beautiful as our dearest friend Twilight." Rarity said with a smile while making Rainbow blush a dark red. She removed one of her hooves from Dash's shoulder and lifted up Rainbow's chin. "If you truly like or love some pony, no matter the gender, you don't steer away! You put them under your wing.." Rarity said while motioning to Rainbows cyan wings.

Rainbow was flabbergasted at her friends words, all she could do was stare at Rarity in silence. Never in her life had she heard more real words than what had just come out of her friends mouth. Rarity was completely right. Why should she be afraid of what other ponies think? She likes Twilight Sparkle and that's not changing anytime soon. "Thanks Rarity.." Rainbow said as she pulled her into another soft hug. She's not really into the mushy stuff, but this and Twilight are definitely exceptions.

"Anytime darling, I'll always be here. Now!" Rarity said in a happy tone while backing off of the hug. "How about we get this projector up and into the living room?" Rarity suggested while walking over and inspecting the half covered up film projector.

"Sounds like a plan to me Rarity." Rainbow said while sporting her first genuine smile In what seemed like forever.

Author's Note:

Fianlly i got around to making a chapter! Been a while hasn't it? Well either way im happy with this, slightly shorter I know (sorry!), chapter. I really like how the story is panning out so far! :yay:

Im sorry for this super long wait i've been very busy as of recently. Life gets busy.. Who knew?! In all seriousness i hope you all enjoy this chapter there is definitely more to come!

Feel free to tell me ways I can improve or things that are spelled incorrectly, all that jazz. (Be nice down there!) :twilightsmile::heart::rainbowkiss: