• Published 15th Jul 2017
  • 1,966 Views, 34 Comments

Under your wing - Comeonideodic



Rainbow and her friends throw Twilight a welcome home party. With Rainbow having the new horror film in her possession, Twilight is more than a little scared to watch it.

  • ...
1
 34
 1,966

The train ride of remembrance

Author's Note:

So.. bit of a shorter chapter and im sorry, but my reason is legit. As of recently I've been having major stomach pains.

Sadly this is all I could finish before it got to bad. I had said I was going to release a chapter this week and I will! Do not worry though, ill start writing the next chapter as soon as I'm better. The next chapter will get into the main story a lot more so you have something to look forward to.

Again, I thank you all for the support on this story it means so much to me! :heart:

Feel free to tell me ways i can improve or things that are spelled incorrectly, all that jazz. (Be nice down there!) :twilightsmile::rainbowkiss:

Sighing, twilight looked out the window of the train. If she had to take a guess, she would say she's been on the thing for about half an hour. "At least I can catch up on some reading." Twilight thought to herself. Pulling her book from her saddlebags, Twilight sighed as she read the title. Daring Do and the sorcerers stone. Thinking back, this was the book that her and Rainbow had read on there last reading night together. With a blush, She remembered that night and how surreal it felt to her.

Twilight happily sighed as she looked around her library's interior. She had cleaned and prepared the whole place for Rainbow's arrival. She wanted this place to be spotless after all, for tonight was there last reading night before she had to leave for Canterlot. "Having the whole family together again after so long will be fun, but being away from Rainb- my friends for a whole week?" Twilight knew she was fooling herself with that thought. Never has she had a crush this bad, and having to be away from her for a whole week? "Just try to focus on having fun, okay Twilight?" She mentally told herself. Though her thoughts were abruptly stopped by knocking at the door.

"hey Rainbow, Your early!" Twilight asked surprised as she opened the door, revealing her cyan friend.

"What? I cant show up early for our last reading night?" Dash said with a frown and a mock hurtful tone, making Twilight giggle. "Oh, and I brought my things for the sleepover." She said with a smile while flashing her saddlebags on her back towards Twilight.

"Perfect! Well, come in and make yourself at home." Twilight smiled as she moved out of her doorway. Beckoning dash to come in with her foreleg. "You can put ur things up in my room for now. I also hope you remembered not to eat before coming over because I happen to have your favorite soup simmering on the stove." Twilight said smirking. She could have swore she saw her friends mouth start to water.

Rainbow smiled as she walked past Twilight into the main room of the library. The soup's aroma quickly filling her nostrils. "Aww you didn't have to do that for me Twi! I mean, Its not really our last reading session.. Is it?" Rainbow asked cautiously, not sure if Twilight wasn't telling her something.

"No! There will most definitely be more reading nights. Trust me, I wouldn't stop our reading nights for anything." Twilight said smiling with a little blush, quickly averting her gaze and finding the floor boards way more interesting than they once were.

Dash smiled fondly as she felt her heart warm up at her friends words. "heh, me neither Twi.." She said as an awkward silence started to set in over the room. "Uhm.. I'm gunna go put my stuff upstairs.. Then ill come back down and we can eat?" She asked, heading towards the stairs leading to Twilights bedroom.

"Y-yeah, sounds good!" twilight said flashing a nervous smile at her friend before retreating into the kitchen. "I guess that could have gone worse.." Sighing, she grabbed two bowls and filled them with soup, setting them down on her kitchen table across from one another. Sitting down, she waited for Rainbow.

Walking into the kitchen dash sat down across from her friend. She eyed the soup and grabbed her spoon in her wing. Her eyes widened as she tasted it for the first time. "Mmm, wow Twilight! This is amazing!" Dash said as she continued to sip the liquid goodness from her bowl.

"T-thanks rainbow. I'm really glad you like it, I spent all day preparing it." Twilight said smiling as she grabbed her own spoon with her magic, eager to try her soup that she slaved over. Wow did she ever do a good job.

Giving a content sigh, Rainbow sat back in her chair and patted her belly with a hoof while looking at Twilight. Making twilight look away with a blush. "Twilight, you've gotta invite me over whenever you make this again. Honestly, was the best bowl of soup I've had since I left my parents house!" Rainbow said with a genuine smile.

"R-really? Um, well your welcome then!" Twilight said with a big smile while grabbing there bowls in her magic and putting them in the sink. "So, what do you think Dash? Do you think its time to officially start our reading night?" Twilight asked with a smile as she grabbed there pillows and the latest Daring Do book she has been hiding for this particular night. Trotting into the main room of the library, she set them down in front of the fireplace. Quickly making herself comfortable on her own pillow.

Rainbow followed Twilight into the main room. "You know what? I think it is my dear Twilight." She said smirking and lying down on her pillow next to Twilight, making Twilight blush. Looking in front of her friend she saw the latest Daring Do book resting in between her forelegs. "You have the new Daring Do! You have SO been holding out on me haven't you?" With a blush from her friend, Dash chuckled as she realized Twilight was holding out on her. "Well then, what are we waiting for? Lets read this thing!" She said rather exited, making Twilight giggle as she grabbed the book in her magic. Opening it to the first page.

About halfway through the book, Twilight found herself right pressed up against her friend's side. How she got into this situation, she had no idea. Though she was intrigued and curious to see where things would lead if she pressed her luck further. Twilight looked over her friend and her eyes crossed Rainbow's neck. Twilight quickly blushed a dark red as she pondered if she should perform the action she was thinking about. "Well.. Nothing ventured, nothing gained right?" Twilight thought to herself. With a big burst of confidence, she moved her head delicately into the crook of her friends neck.

Rainbow's body tensed up as she felt something soft press against her exposed neck. Taking her eyes off the very enjoyable book, she looked over only to see Twilight softly trying to snuggle her way into her side. She blushed as Twilights body friction caused her to shiver. Rainbow would be lying to herself if she said she didn't like the foreign warmth and closeness that her friend was providing. With this new found warmth Dash found her wing involuntarily extending over her friends back, putting Twilight under a full-on wing blanket. She then looked at Twilight and gave a content smile as she put her attention back to the patiently waiting book.

Twilight could swear she was in heaven right now. her hooves were tingling and her back was shivering as she tried to press even more into her friends side. Which in turn, made Rainbow's wing wrap securely around her barrel. Twilight thought her heart was going to melt. Giving a heavenly sigh she quickly found her eyes becoming heavy, soon giving into the wonderful world of dreams wrapped in a cyan cocoon.

"Please excuse the interruption. We will be arriving at Ponyville train station in 5 minutes time." A very loud and obnoxious voice said over the intercoms of the train, waking Twilight from her wonderful slumber.

She quickly sighed, but began to laugh a little as she realized how much she had been sighing lately. Looking out the window of the train, Twilights smiled as she saw the familiar hills and fields of Ponyville's country side. Soon she would see her friends again, soon she would see Rainbow again. Blushing, she wondered how to greet her friend after.. well. that night. Hearing the train's brakes activate pushed that worry away as she realized, she was finally home.