• Published 15th Jul 2017
  • 1,966 Views, 34 Comments

Under your wing - Comeonideodic



Rainbow and her friends throw Twilight a welcome home party. With Rainbow having the new horror film in her possession, Twilight is more than a little scared to watch it.

  • ...
1
 34
 1,966

The reveal

Looking at herself in her bedroom mirror Twilight put the finishing touches on her outfit. She had spent close to half an hour getting ready for what lay ahead and it was safe to say she was rather nervous again, but she was going to do this no matter how scared she was. All this running from her feelings and having those awkward conversations with Rainbow Dash was really pulling at her heart strings. "Why does love have to be such a painful thing?" Twilight asked herself in the mirror while grabbing the purple flower and resting it in her mane just above her right ear. Taking one last glance at herself in the mirror, Twilight gave a confident smile and headed out her bedroom door to do the inevitable.


Giving a final grunt , Rarity set the rather heavy film projector in her magic down slowly in the corner of the living room beside a bookshelf. Hoping the covers hiding it would be enough to hide Rainbow's secret for at least a little while longer. She still didn't know what film they would be watching. Part of her thought it was a romance film, for her and Twilight of course, but the rest of her friends were still here so romance was out of the question. She will just have to find out with the rest of the girls later.

"C'mon Rarity have you hidden it yet?" Rainbow whispered over while keeping a close eye on the closed kitchen door.

"I.. believe so.." Rarity said between breaths while turning to face Rainbow. She hadn't lifted something that heavy since her sewing machine broke a while back.

Taking her eyes off the door Rainbow looked over to a panting Rarity and a covered up projector beside a bookshelf in the corner of the room. Hidden was not the word she'd use, but it was the best they could do. Twilights closet was full so Rarity had to compromise. "It'll do Rarity. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it." Rainbow said while moving a couple objects too and fro in an attempt to make it look at least a bit more natural.

"No Problem dear." Rarity said with a smile before plopping herself down on Twilights couch and closing her eyes, giving a relaxed sigh. "The things I do for love." She thought to herself with a small grin.


Closing her door quietly Twilight made her way over to her stairs and peeked over the railing, finding nothing but Rarity laying down on the couch. "No Rainbow. Perfect." twilight grinned to herself. She wanted to make sure she was in the open when Rainbow laid eyes on her looking like this. Making her way carefully down the stairs she walked over to the couch Rarity was laying on. "Um, Rarity? Are you okay?" Twilight asked with a little concern in her voice.

Hearing a familiar voice, Rarity turned her head and regretfully opened her eyes from her super tired, but relaxed state. When her vision finally straitened out, Rarity gasped and jumped. Loosing all the sleep she once felt as she laid eyes on the stunning figure that was none other than Twilight Sparkle. "Oh.. Twilight.. You look absolutely divine!" rarity blurted out. She couldn't contain her excitement whenever it came to her friends and fashion. Specially in this situation. Twilight was wearing a dress that Rarity had made for her a long time ago, it was a light violet in colour and it hung over her hind legs leaving a small train of fabric, she had star shaped earrings like her cutie mark, a small lavender flower in her hair to compliment her mane colour, and her mane was done up in a ponytail with her bangs hanging freely over her forehead and close to her eyes.

"Shhhhh! Not so loud Rarity! I don't want Rainbow to know I look like this yet.." Twilight said with a blush while turning to the kitchen door to make sure no pony heard her enthusiastic friend.

"You mean Rainbow hasn't seen you yet? Oh she will absolutely love you when she see's you Twilight!" Rarity said a little to loud again for Twilights liking. Seeing the stare Twilight was giving her Rarity quickly apologised. "Twilight you must let Rainbow see you right now.." Rarity said in a rather demanding tone. "Okay dear, here's what we will do.."


Walking into the kitchen Rarity smiled devilishly as she saw all her friends, but more importantly Rainbow Dash sitting in the corner talking to fluttershy. Clearing her voice if so to get everypony's attention. "Okay girls.. If you will all be so kind as to follow me, I have something to show you all." Rarity said while winking at Rainbow Dash's direction. Making Rainbow even more confused as to what was going on. Walking out into the living room with all her friends and making sure Rainbow was in front of her friends to get full view, Rarity yelled up for the go ahead to come down.

When Twilight heard Rarity say it was ok to come down her heart stopped. On one hoof she was very nervous about doing this, but on the other hoof she couldn't wait to see Rainbow's face when she walked down those stairs. She remembered the words she once used before in a situation quite like this one. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." She said as she made her way towards the stairs.

Rainbow had an idea as to what this was. First they all get asked to come into the living room for reasons unknown, then she gets winked at by Rarity when she said she had something to show us all, now she gets put rather close to the bottom of the stairs for again reasons unknown. But before Rainbow had enough time to tell Rarity what she thought this was, she saw a figure slowly make its way to the top of the stairs. "T..Twilight..." She whispered just loud enough for Rarity to hear, making Rarity grin wildly. Coming into the light of the living room Twilight made her first steps down her curved stairs, Rainbow quickly laying her eyes upon the most beautiful thing she's ever seen in her life. Twilight Sparkle. Rainbow felt her legs start to give out so she decided to just sit down and stare with her mouth agape. What else could she possibly do in this situation?

Looking at all her friends smiling and cheering made Twilight happier than ever, but when she looked at Rainbow and her current expression. Her heart felt like it was going to explode. Seeing her cyan friend so stunned, because of herself no less, was the cutest thing she's ever seen from Rainbow during there friendship. Walking down further until she was stood directly in front of Rainbow, Twilight gave the most adorable smile she could conjure up.

Rainbow thought she was going to have a heart attack. Twilight is absolutely beautiful to her without all these accessories, but this.. "If only she had those cute, nerdy glasses she wears when she studi- Stop that!" Rainbow yelled to her brain, quickly shoving that thought out of her head. Now was definitely not the time for fantasies. Moving down so she was in front of Rainbow, Twilight stared into her heart stealing magenta eyes and wondered just what the beautiful pony in front of her was thinking.

It was safe to say Rarity was having a very good time. Seeing Rainbow in such a state of confusion on what to do with the situation was a sight she thought she would never see. Deciding to give them some alone time Rarity quickly gathered the rest of her friends and headed back into the kitchen, preparing her mind to answer a bombardment of questions her friends most definitely have. She would have to ask Twilight how it went after.


"H-hey Rainbow Dash.." Twilight finally said, breaking the science that was between them for a rather long time. Seeing that her other friends had left them alone. "Thanks rarity I owe you one.." She also noticed Rainbow was trying to hide her beet red face. "She's blushing?" Twilight thought rather confused. For rainbow usually never got flustered.

Rainbow attempted to reply to Twilights words but nothing came out, This seemed to happen to her a lot in situations like this, making Twilight giggle and blush in front of her. Hearing Twilights cute little laughs made things a little easier. "Um.. H-hey Twi. You look.. Awesome."

Twilight giggled more at the choice of Rainbow's words, making Rainbow smile in front of her. "Twi? When did you start calling me Twi?" Twilight said smiling. She liked it a lot, especially when it came from Rainbow's mouth.

"I uh.. Just thought of it now. If you don't like it I-"

"NO! I-I mean no, I actually kind of like it.." Twilight said while looking away with a blush.

Rainbow noticed the tinge of red on Twilights face. "Probably because of the nickname I gave her." Rainbow thought. Thought in the back of her mind Rainbow was hoping that the blush Twilight was sporting was because she liked her back. It was a far chance, but it at least made her feel a little better. "Good I.. I like it too. So.. Do you like the party so far?" Rainbow asked in an attempt to clear the awkwardness from the air.

"Well.. I've been upstairs for most of it, but I guess so." Twilight said flashing a smile at her seemingly nervous friend.

"Oh yeah.. Right. Um I have to uh.. Go to the washroom ill be right back sorry." Rainbow said rather fast as she made her way past Twi and up the stairs towards the bathroom. Trying to hide her embarrassing red face along the way. Hearing the bathroom door shut, Twilight was left sitting alone and very confused. What happened? "Did I do something wrong?" she asked herself, scared she might have messed something up.

Shutting the door to twilight's washroom Rainbow walked over to the mirror and stared into it. Why was this so hard? "Do you like the party so far?! Come on Rainbow Dash your way better than that!" She said to her reflection in the mirror. "So not cool.." With nothing but silence, her mind slowly wondered back to the talk her and Rarity had in the basement, more specifically the end of that conversation. "You don't steer away! You put them under your wing.." She whispered to herself while looking into her own eyes. For some reason that saying has stuck with her ever since. Then it hit her. It hit her like a runaway cart going down the biggest hill in ponyville.

Rainbow knew exactly what she was going to do.

Author's Note:

I know i say this with all the chapters, but i really like this one! Probably one of my favorites so far. Rainbow's plan is rather smart. I think Twilight would be very proud!

I actually finished this chapter a day after the one before this. I'm just full of idea's!

Feel free to tell me ways I can improve or things that are spelled incorrectly, all that jazz. (Be nice down there!) :twilightsmile::heart::rainbowkiss: