• Published 10th Jul 2012
  • 1,228 Views, 24 Comments

Beyond the Mirror - RB_



Scootaloo travels to another world via a mirror

  • ...
2
 24
 1,228

The Other Side (Part 3)

The Other Side (Part 3)

Sweetie was halfway to the gate, tears streaming down her face as she ran. The loss of her level-headed friend was almost too much to bear; she was running on pure instinct, on the knowledge that she had to run. Now both of her closest- no, her only friends- were gone. The young filly had never felt so alone.

That feeling ended all too abruptly.

From behind her came a savage howl, not dissimilar from that of a timber wolf during zap apple season. Sweetie didn’t even turn to look; she just began running even faster, making a mad dash for the gate. She could hear the beast chasing her, but she didn’t care. All that mattered was that she escaped from that horrible place.

The growling, slobbering noises of the creature behind her were getting louder, but at the same time, she was getting closer to the gate.

5 feet. 3 feet. Almost…

SNAP.

It had her, the beast’s jagged teeth biting into her hind leg, ripping, tearing at her flesh. The sudden pain snapped Sweetie out of her state of shock, her mind finally returning fully to reality. The beast whipped her around, tearing at her leg with its powerful jaws until the filly’s leg was ripped off entirely. Luckily, this sent Sweetie flying, landing just on the other side of the broken gate.

Fresh tears of pain joining the others, the filly gave out a shriek of pure agony before falling unconscious.

***

The first thing Sweetie Belle noticed when she woke up was that she was still in the world of grey and shadows; any hope that this was just a particularly bad nightmare were almost completely crushed.

The second thing she noticed was that she was no longer in the road outside Sweet Apple Acres. She was now inside a small house, lying on a sofa with so many holes, the stuffing was leaking out.

The third thing she noticed was that the pain from her injury was gone. Looking down, she saw that, where her hind leg had once been, there was now only a bandaged stump.

Someone in this world had saved her, had treated her wounds. Looking around once more, the filly saw that a small table had been set next to her, upon which were two things. The first was a note. It read:

“You must escape. This place is safe, but you must not remain here. Find the mirror.

-The Lone One”

Sitting on a plate beside the note was a muffin.

***

After feverishly devouring the baked treat, Sweetie began to attempt walking. After falling on her face a few times, she began to get the hang of it. She just had to focus her weight on her remaining limbs, and sort of shuffle her hind leg. After exploring the house, and finding nothing of interest, the filly decided that she had no choice; she would have to go outside again. She didn’t want to, no, she desperately wanted to stay in the safe house, away from whatever monsters were lurking in the shadows outside. But The Lone One was right; she had to find a way home.

She would have to be strong, for Apple Bloom’s sake.

Taking a deep breath, Sweetie grasped the door handle with her hoof, twisted it, and pushed open the door.

There was no going back now.

Comments ( 3 )

Oh thank Celestia! I was beginning to think Sweetie Belle wouldn't make it, but the she got saved by some pony called 'The Lone One.' :rainbowhuh: (Glad to see not EVERY pony in this world is a blood-lusting monster) Can't wait for more! :pinkiehappy::rainbowkiss:

1051018

I have a feeling 'The Lone One' is derpy. Who else would've put the muffin by the note??

1058917 Actually, the thought did cross my mind when I read that, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions.

Login or register to comment