• Published 28th Dec 2016
  • 10,340 Views, 33 Comments

Sunset's Booty - JediWyrm



While at a slumber party Sunset rips her pants revealing a peculiar mark on her butt.

  • ...
15
 33
 10,340

In which Bunset talks about her suns.

The girls were enjoying their night. They had all gathered at one of their houses for a sleepover. Not an uncommon occurrence as they have a couple slumber parties each month.

They had just finished a cheezy movie and were discussing what to watch next. Dinner had also passed and was evidenced by several empty plates and pizza boxes.

Sunset decided to go grab the ice cream Pinkie had brought for dessert.

As she got up the bottom of her pajamas pants leg got caught underneath her foot. The momentum of her body caused the pants to tear along the side and her foot to slip on the material. This meant that Sunset face-planted on the floor with a large hole in her pajamas that showed off the side of her hip.

Her friends were surprised by what just happened, and while a couple of them laughed, they asked if she was alright.

Once she had confirmed that she was uninjured, Sunset examined the damage to her clothes.

"Whoa! Sunset, when'd you get a tattoo?" Rainbow asked, leaning to get a good look through the hole.

"Ah knew you were a bit of a 'bad girl' but isn't getting a tattoo on your rear a bit far?" Applejack questioned.

"Oh dear, your pants are absolutely ruined! Give them here and I'll see what I can do." Rarity offered, causing a few eyebrows to be raised at her priorities. "You two already asked about the tattoo." She remarked.

"It's not a tattoo! It's a Cutie Mark." Sunset stated roughly.

Pinkie Pie, who had popped off the couch after Sunset's fall, returned to her friends balancing multiple single pint ice cream cups and holding several spoons.

"What's a booty mark?" Rainbow asked.

"Cutie mark darling. Is it anything like a beauty mark?" Rarity corrected.

"No. It's something that ponies get when they're young." Sunset answered.

As she took off her pajama bottoms and handed them to Rarity, Sunset turned slightly so her friends could get a proper look at the sun emblazoned on her butt. She then took her ice cream and spoon from Pinkie and sat down. Her friends took their own pints and leaned back to listen, except for Rarity who had produced a needle and thread and was examining Sunset's pants.

"So in Equestria getting your Cutie Mark is sorta like hitting puberty. It's seen as the sign that you've started to mature. They signify that a pony has found their special talent or purpose. This can range from being a particular skill to special calling.

"Skill based talents could be anything from being a good baker to growing apples. Purpose based ones are like tending to animals, working with magical theorems to bringing ponies closer together in friendship. Some marks have dual meanings, and just because you have a mark in one thing doesn't mean that that is the only thing you are good at.

"Once a pony has found that skill or purpose, a brief magical surge happens and puts the mark on their flanks. The design of the mark references it's meaning in some way, though it's not always exactly clear.

"My mark signifies a talent for pyromancy spells, " Sunset twisted and pointed at the sun-shaped flames, "but also an ability to bring those around me into balance." She then points to the taijitu of red and gold inside of the sun.

Sunset took a breathe and several bites of her ice cream before continuing.

"You girls don't know this, but I was in an orphanage for several years of my early life. My parents were extremely busy so once I could sorta move about on my own, I basically lived alone. It took about a year and a half for the neighbors to notice and they called the authorities. My parents never bothered to come pick me up, even if they would've been allowed to."

Sunset was interrupted by several of her friends giving her hugs as this point. It took a moment for her to get them all off of her so she could keep going on with the story.

"Anyways, while there I learned that you had to stand up for yourself if you didn't want to be bullied. All of us who didn't get adopted quickly sorta became jerks to each other. A couple more years passed and we were all in basic schooling. Had a couple ponies at school I would hang with, but at the orphanage we didn't really get along.

"Then one day, a new filly joined us. She was really sad as her parents had died and they were having trouble finding her relatives. I helped keep the bullies away from her and we enjoyed chatting. She told me about some old beliefs her family held about spirits. A green flash at sunset would signify them passing peacefully into the next world. This meant every night she would stay up watching the sky for that flash.

"Each day made her sadder about it so one night I decided to try something. I reached out with my magic and caused the sun to flash green right as it descended under the horizon. We went right to bed afterwards so it wasn't until the next day that I realized I had gotten my mark.

"Within a week Princess Celestia herself showed up at the orphanage to pick me up as her personal student. I kept in touch with the other pony until a couple week later when her grandfather came up from Neigh Orleans to retrieve her. She later got her mark in illusion with an aim to be a stage magician."

Rarity handed Sunset a slightly shorter pair of pajamas bottoms as she completed her story. The girls started up the next movie and kept eating their dessert.

"So did your friend ever make it as a magician?" Pinkie asked.

"Not that sure. I've seen her counterpart here but as we are all in high school I don't know how well that would carry over and it doesn't feel right to ask Princess Twilight to look her up just to satisfy curiousity." Sunset replied.

"You got to tell use who she is Bunset." Rainbow replied, getting a glare from her friend for the new nickname.

"I didn't really treat her, or anyone, very well when I got here. I don't think the Beatrice here would want to be friends just because I was friends with her other self." Sunset said, before shifting her glare to Pinkie as she gasped.

Pinkie held an excited face for several seconds under the glare before frowning slightly at being denied the chance to through a party to reconnect the two.

The slumber party resumed normal activities after that and they all left for school the next day having had fun.

Comments ( 33 )

I kept in touch with the other pony until a couple week later when her grandfather came up from Neigh Orleans to retrieve her. She later got her mark in illusion with an aim to be a stage magician."

I thought for sure this was Trixie.

7825472 It is. Trixie's Fire in the Blood by Georg has her being from there. I like the idea (being Cajun myself) so it's part of my headcanon. The orphan thing with her was merely to explain them knowing each other for this story.

7825512 wait, so Sunset said her name was Beatrice. Is Trixie short for Beatrice?

I'd love to see more.

I'd like to point out that except for one small instance of reading between the lines in Sunset's explanation, as far as her friends know now it's an Equestrian tradition to get your butt tattooed when you hit puberty. :derpytongue2:

7825917 ... Probably should add a line stating that it is a magical mark rather than ink so it's clear to her friends on that. I mean it's implied by her waking up with a mark but considering how ... some of her friends think I should add that line.

7825556 I figured out it was Trixie from the talent and intended career.

This was nice. Although now I want to read a follow up where Sunset and Trixie do meet back up.

Why didn't Pinkie ask if they get those when they pony up?

7826446 Don't know if they ever stayed ponied up long enough to check, or had the free time to do so. It's not like they fully ponify, just a little bleedover. Anyways, didn't really occur to me, and the question itself doesn't fit for me as Sunset just shared a personal story with them.

7826406 That is sorta roughly my headcanon for Sunset's mark. I do have another story in mind that deals with Sunset returning to Equestria and reconnecting with Celestia, so I might include Trixie in that one, but that would be some time down the line.

Comment posted by Tiaa OwO deleted Dec 29th, 2016

Hm...nice, sweet, but...I felt like this could'a been bigger. Kinda wish that Pinkie ended up reuniting the two in the end. That would've been awesome. :rainbowlaugh:

The cutiemark explanation though...I never realized that for Sunset's cutiemark. :rainbowderp: Huh...it suddenly makes sense...

Anyways, keep up the good writing! 8/10 :twilightsmile:

7826001
I think it's funnier without that added explanation. :trollestia:

This is pretty good! I'd love to see more!

Wanderer D
Moderator

My thought is that it is exactly what it says on the description. Nothing more. It would have been more interesting to actually discuss concepts, theories and such rather than just have an explanation and a couple of questions, IMO. Or something. As it is, it really didn't do much outside a basic scope of "how I got my cutie mark" and then they proceed with their lives without further incident. I'm not saying it's bad it's just... bland and really doesn't take us anywhere.

7827292 I don't like it when authors spoil the entire story in the description. Like, why write the story if you're going to give it away in the description? There's no real hook to grab readers, and there's no cover art. Without those things, I'm surprised

7827292 Not sure what more there would be to this. While a more philosophical discussion about having your destiny on your butt could probably happen, that would be more of a Sci-Twi thing. Most of the others wouldn't care too much about that. The only one of them who would do more about the cutie mark would be Rarity, and that's to include it on whatever outfits she makes for Sunset.

Except for Sunset, they all are still just high-schoolers. Hearing about something meaningful to their friend wouldn't change too much for them so they would just continue on with their night, albeit with a greater understanding of their friend.

Wanderer D
Moderator

7827649 I guess it depends on what type of teens you know/knew. But it's also characterization and storytelling. Basically you're just explaining what the cutie mark means to you in broad strokes through Sunset, but there's no deeper meaning to it than exposition for it. And the little story about how she got her cutie mark is cute, but ultimately feels a bit pointless if it doesn't affect the characters in any way. These characters wouldn't just let that situation hang there with the "there's no point in checking on my old friend" thing, or at least there should be a bit more nuance to it when it comes to Sunset. These girls are not uninterested teens of day-to-day life.

I'll bet that orphan was Trixie. Also, Sunset is Scootaloo 2.0.

Thought about retagging the story what with the new Equestria Girls tags that came out, but since there was a Humane 6 tag and I didn't want to have to tag them all separately, feh.

Pure exposition and nothing more. Until her reformation in the movies Sunset was a horrible pony through and through, certainly not the type to help anyone as she was way too self absorbed, her helping Trixie is out of character to say the least. This really doesn't work as a story or for a headcannon on how Sunset might have got her cutie mark. Gotta give it a dislike i'm afraid.

7904890 You do realize that in the story, I have her as a fairly young foal. It's not like she was evil and manipulative from the moment she was born. Likely she got that attitude from being Celestia's personal student.

7904934 She wouldn't go from "I'll make the Sun glow so this filly I just met can feel better" to "I'm gonna take over Equestria, brainwash teenagers and kill in cold blood because I deserve to be in charge". Yes she wouldn't be full-on evil as a filly but it's highly unlikely she was would have gone out of her way for another filly. Filly Sunset still wouldn't have been the most pleasant pony to be around.

7904982 Meh think whatever you want. I don't think she was ever at the point of being able to kill in cold-blood though. Once she became a demon she definitely got worse than she ever was normally so that shouldn't be taken into consideration.

This needs a follow up!

"Within a week Princess Celestia herself showed up at the orphanage to pick me up as her personal student. I kept in touch with the other pony until a couple week later when her grandfather came up from Neigh Orleans to retrieve her. She later got her mark in illusion with an aim to be a stage magician."

Trixie?

let me guess... Sunset’s friend was TRIXIE?!

10490904
Beatrice (In some fanfics they say its Beatrix) Lulamoon

"It's not a tattoo! It's a Cutie Mark." Sunset stated roughly.

still since your not a pony that counts as a tattoo.

As she took off her pajama bottoms and handed them to Rarity, Sunset turned slightly so her friends could get a proper look at the sun emblazoned on her butt. She then took her ice cream and spoon from Pinkie and sat down. Her friends took their own pints and leaned back to listen, except for Rarity who had produced a needle and thread and was examining Sunset's pants.

I hope they're not too embarrassed to be looking at Sunset without any pants on.

"You girls don't know this, but I was in an orphanage for several years of my early life. My parents were extremely busy so once I could sorta move about on my own, I basically lived alone. It took about a year and a half for the neighbors to notice and they called the authorities. My parents never bothered to come pick me up, even if they would've been allowed to."

how sad. :fluttercry:

11015850
Actually given that no ink was involved it would genetically come off as some incredibly well defined birthmark.

Login or register to comment