• Published 8th Sep 2016
  • 2,711 Views, 280 Comments

In Pieces - Krickis



Although they live miles apart and rarely see one another, Amber Glow and Luna both find themselves plagued by a similar feeling. While they appear whole and happy on the surface, underneath neither is sure of who they are.

  • ...
14
 280
 2,711

Epilogue


The forest seemed to be empty of all animal life, providing an environment perfect for plants to thrive in. Amber walked along almost aimlessly, but sure she was going where she was supposed to. There were hundreds of paths through the forest, but there was only one that was real, and she could not have chosen any other. Such is the way the dreaming works.

As the path wound around a corner, she came upon a small lake. Sitting at its edge was a pale purple colt. She ran up to him and grabbed him from behind.

“Amber! Let go!”

“Aww, nice to see you too,” Amber said, but she did as he requested.

Once she let go of him, he turned around to see her properly. “How much time do we have?”

Amber sighed. “Half an hour, then Luna has to do her actual work.”

“Hey, at least we have that, right?” Fox Glove turned back to look over the water.

“Yeah, that is true.” Luna’s solution to giving them more time together was proving to work out well so far, even if they never did get much time together. She had the ability to combine dreams, requiring only that they were asleep at the same time. On this night, they found themselves in Fox Glove’s dreamscape. “Nice mind you’ve got here.”

“Why thank you,” he replied. “Although yours was pretty cool too. I still can’t get over that it was in black and white.”

Amber shrugged. “Yeah, that happens sometimes. Anyway, I’m just glad it’s not like my dreams when I was your age.”

“How come?”

“Because, my innocent little brother, I have no intention of getting to know that side of your subconscious.”

“What are you – Oh, Amber, that’s gross!” Fox Glove covered his face and blushed.

“Ah come on, don’t tell me you think mares have cooties.”

“No, but… we’re not talking about that!

Amber just laughed. It was good to know that she could still embarrass her brother, no matter how far apart they were. Of course, the journal Luna got him helped with that as well, but there was really one thing she wanted more than any of that. “I can’t wait for Hearth’s Warming.”

“Yeah, me either. Just a few more days.”

In the month since she’d moved in with Luna, she had only seen Fox Glove once, and hadn’t seen her parents at all. But out of the blue, a letter arrived one day, with a formal invitation to Hearth’s Warming dinner. True, there was no ‘plus one guest’ mentioned, so she would be spending her Hearth’s Warming apart from Luna, but it was still too good an opportunity to miss.

“Just wait,” she said, “I’m gonna spoil you rotten with all the presents I got you.”

“That’s great and all, but you coming home is the best present.”

Amber smiled, and pulled him into a sideways hug. “You’re so sweet. But that isn’t gonna help you get any extra goodies.”

“What!?” He pushed her away. “Then just like, mail them to me. Geez.”

“Uh, I don’t think so. I need to get my present too, you know.”

Fox Glove smirked. “Who said I got you anything?”

“I did,” Amber replied. “And it better be bucking amazing.”

They both laughed, and kept joking around. While she would always miss seeing him every day, they figured out how to make things work. She’d managed to find a way to stop living a lie, and hadn’t lost her family in the process. While she still had a lot to learn about Amber Glow and who that was, for the first time she finally felt like she was on the path to becoming complete.

Author's Note:

Piece by Piece follows this story directly, taking place a few weeks after this one ends. It follows Scootaloo after the revelation at Sunset’s bachelorette party.

Comments ( 57 )

:yay: very nice ending for the story; especially Luna just going with her feelings without wanting to. There was a part when she thought about her two options where her thoughts were not that clear to me. I suppose the second option would have been telling Amber right away that they could not be friends any more?
Also what is Ambers cutie mark doing at the top of the page. This rather seems to be a Luna chapter. :)

So two more weeks and then more than half a year without ponies from you. You are mean and cold-hearted bunny :fluttercry:

7672681
Thanks for catching the cutie mark thing, fixed now :twilightblush:

Her options were basically to completely call off the friendship, or to progress into a more traditionally romantic relationship.

I take it you're not a fan of Equestria Girls? I'll likely be doing short pony stories periodically alongside the longer human one, although I don't have anything specific planned.

Thank you for reading and commenting, and I'm glad you liked the story :yay:

Aww can't wait for your plans for the rest!

7674005
Thanks you :twilightsmile: I'm looking forward to getting some of these stories out there :scootangel:

7674034 Can you tell me when the next storys are posted?

7676451
Sure can :twilightsmile: Do you want me to message you for the next story I post, or just for the next story in this series? (The next two stories getting posted aren't part of my ongoing series)

7676462 Both, You are a great writer :). When I post my story do you think you cna read mine too?

7676605
Alrighty, will do :twilightsmile:
And I'll try my best, although I'm a very slow reader without much time for reading, so it may take me a while :twilightblush:

Such a nice ending, I can't wait for the wedding arc now.

7676908
I can imagine Luna having one hell of a wedding. She'd have to overdo Twilight and Fluttershy's, of course :scootangel:

7677573

Discord, both Pinkie's, wonderbolts, Coloutura, Sapphire Shores, all the performers from the Los Pegasus episode as entertainment consulants. Film and Flam on promoting the event. A lunar eclipse of the sun, unplanned of course, and whatever else Amber and Luna could do to troll the haters and push their wedding into legendary status. That's just the mild, epic would be something on the level of the 1st radio broadcast of War of the Worlds.

7677765

A lunar eclipse of the sun, unplanned of course

That is brilliant, and absolutely something Luna would do :rainbowlaugh: I think poor Celestia would have to just resign herself to going along with whatever happens for the day.

Well, after about, oh, 3 days of solid reading, I'm caught up on this series more or less.

I really liked it, despite my misgivings about the midpoint in the prior story, I think you've more or less pulled everything off rather nicely. It's believable that ponies would have problems with poly relationships and things wouldn't go as smoothly, and so forth.

I rather liked this story too, but it's a bit hard to really feel sympathy for Amber; it isn't that I don't understand her motives for taking a boyfriend and pretending to be straight, but the truth is she strung this guy along for three years of his life and it was all a lie. It wasn't like she was trying to come to terms with being gay, she already came to terms with those, rather she was just using him so she could stay at home and hang out with her brother. The lie to her parents doesn't bother me, the lie to Caramel, however, really does.

Even Luna comes off as a bit... perhaps not villainous, but certainly not virtuous either. In the prior story, it was easy to imagine her as somewhat of an orange and blue morality type individual; she acts in a way that she considers 'good' but others might not, like sleeping with other ponies. Yet, at the same time here it's clear that Luna is a bit of a rubbish friend, and they still haven't resolved the central issue with their relationship in that it isn't really clear what sort of relationship they really have. They're "friends", but at the same time it's clear they can't spend five minutes together without jumping one another's bones. Having a healthy sexual appetite is never wrong, but I'm not convinced they really have that much of an actual relationship outside of the bedroom, even as friends.

Luna could have, perhaps should have, encouraged Amber to talk to her parents when they were friends with benefits, or even after that. Indeed, if there is but one flaw in your writing here, in my opinion, it's that Luna comes off too... young, I suppose is a good enough word for it. Even if she might not act it, Luna is one of the oldest ponies on pony planet, and she really ought to be bringing more wisdom to her relationships than she shows in the past, although the final chapter does appear to try and save her from that.

I kind of think Cadance and Twilight were under used in the fic as well, especially if Luna is uncertain how she feels about whether she could, or should, be friends with Amber or move into something deeper, but that's just my opinion.

I kind of assume at some point after the prequel you'll be writing a story about TwiShySet having kids; god knows you've been hinting on that since like the second chapter of the first fic.

7714933
I have no idea how I missed this comment before, so apologies for the late reply :facehoof:

I can definitely understand what you mean with Amber, she's absolutely in the wrong with Caramel. I don't try to justify her behavior in any way, because I honestly just agree that it was a pretty awful thing for her to do. It just goes back to what I said on the other fic; I don't really try to make my characters act in a way that's morally in the clear.

Luna, too, wasn't exactly in the right here. Although to her defense (and she's certainly the easier to defend), she's been trying to naturally distance herself from Amber because she didn't want to cause problems, she just didn't go about it that well. I suppose it comes down to like you said, she tends to act younger than she should. There's something to that, I just haven't worked it into the story yet. As for the nature of their relationship, on paper they're actually dating now (I thought it was clear as of the last chapter, apologies if it's not), but that relationship is intentionally left unexplored for the inevitable sequel. You're not wrong that they have a lot to do as far as building a real relationship together.

As for Twilight and Cadance being underused, Luna has been shown in Finding Home to be apprehensive about talking with them. In general, she doesn't like to involve others in her love life.

I kind of assume at some point after the prequel you'll be writing a story about TwiShySet having kids; god knows you've been hinting on that since like the second chapter of the first fic.

I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about :trixieshiftright:

7720989

Luna, too, wasn't exactly in the right here. Although to her defense (and she's certainly the easier to defend), she's been trying to naturally distance herself from Amber because she didn't want to cause problems, she just didn't go about it that well. I suppose it comes down to like you said, she tends to act younger than she should. There's something to that, I just haven't worked it into the story yet. As for the nature of their relationship, on paper they're actually dating now (I thought it was clear as of the last chapter, apologies if it's not), but that relationship is intentionally left unexplored for the inevitable sequel. You're not wrong that they have a lot to do as far as building a real relationship together.

I suppose I just find her behaviour somewhat confusing. She seems to go from hot to cold and back again, often with little reason (IMO). And it goes further out than just this story.

For example, you have Luna sleeping with... I forget his name, at the same time she's sleeping with Amber. Even if we accept that she made it clear they weren't in a real relationship, it strikes me as unusual that Luna is able to keep that relationship with the painter secret in a way she couldn't or wouldn't do with Amber. Indeed, it's apparently a secret to Amber as well. After this, it seems implied that they don't even really talk at all before (I think) Twilight's wedding, which suggests that Luna is purposefully going out of her way to distance herself rather than trying to make amends. Yes, its true, that it was part of their agreement not to be exclusive, but Luna is both Amber's elder by several times over and used to the sort of open relationship she was courting with her. At the very least Luna ought to have sat Amber down and worked things out.

In contrast, though, Amber and Luna break up, if you want to call it that, and never actually resolve the issue that came up between them; it gets to the point where Amber is literally isolating herself from everypony who knows and cares about her, including leaving her job. That is pretty alarming, in my books.

TBH this whole fic reads, on some level, like a horror story.

As for Twilight and Cadance being underused, Luna has been shown in Finding Home to be apprehensive about talking with them. In general, she doesn't like to involve others in her love life.

Unless she's sleeping with them on the side, right?

I understand her being reluctant, and I get impression that she's rather... dismissive of Cadance, on some level, but it sounds like--perhaps I'm wrong--that Luna's spent over three years doing nothing on this problem, and I don't understand why she wouldn't make better use of the resources she has. As much as I loved the rant, it isn't like Luna hasn't been down that path before, she must have figured out someway of dealing with her lack of morality at some point, unless we're to understand she hadn't had any close friends for literally centuries.

7722506
The relationship with the painter was strictly sexual. They were acquaintances that slept together on occasion, whereas with Amber, they were friends who slept together. Luna was never trying to keep Amber a secret. Incidentally, she wasn't exactly trying to keep the painter a secret either, she just didn't have a lot of reasons to bring him up (she does mention she thought Amber was also sleeping with other ponies). Because Amber and Luna weren't living together at the time, there were plenty of times they were apart, which is when things would've happened with the painter.

Luna essentially leaves it up to Amber what to do from there, deeming it not her place to start a conversation with someone who isn't ready to speak with her. When Amber does next reach out, it's at the Summer Sun Celebration, two months later, which is when Luna decides to put some distance between the two of them because she fears she will get in the way of the life Amber has chosen. Luna is consistently shown to rapidly assess situations and make her own judgement as to what would be the best thing to do.

None of this is to say that she couldn't or shouldn't have done more. At the wedding, she reverses her decision when Amber comes to see her again, in a large part because of Fluttershy's council. When she actually does get an outside opinion, she makes a better call. However, over the following three years, they have some ups and downs with Luna still not sure how to best proceed with Amber, and being unaware how big the problem is. The distance hurts them, making it easy for Luna to ignore the problem and assume everything's okay since Amber has never voiced her concerns. Although Luna has better resources, they're both at fault for not communicating.

On the other hand, Amber isn't isolating herself from everyone she cares about. She did give up her job, but essentially she's limited herself to one major city, which is hardly what I'd call isolation. That said, I can see where you got the idea. This story was supposed to include some of her local friends originally, but they got cut to keep the story length and number of OCs down. Without them, it does look like Amber's whole focus is on her family, which is my fault for not finding a way to clarify that.

Lastly, the outburst. Luna isn't so concerned with losing close friends, she's concerned with losing ponies she's genuinely in love with, and Amber comes far too close to that. In the past, she was more comfortable with having genuine lovers, but since her reformation, she's been finding herself unsure of many things about herself. The result is that her fear of losing loved ones has grown significantly and as a result, she's been more interested in open relationships and friends with benefits. Her post-Nightmare Moon feelings and the reason it's played such a large impact on her are something I plan on exploring in the future.

7898317

I’m like a literary siren, feeding off the negative emotions of fictional characters

Yes. Yes I am :ajsmug:

7899136
See, I'm not always an evil person :raritywink:

8251426
I've reread the entire series but this one at least 3 times before this.

Only a few more stories to go in this universe alas. This ending felt great and for some reason I can just imagine Amber asking Celestia "Dose it ever weird you out that I'm going to be 90 some day and still trying to get my tounge under your sisters tail?"

The series as a whole was very well done and paid respect to some touchy subjects. I just ask that if you expand on Scootaloo you keep the same care.

Looking forward to more of your amazing world.

Thanks for wrighting this.

8331878
Haha that does indeed sound like Amber, and I’m sure Celestia would be so grateful for that image :twilightsheepish:

I definitely will be exploring Scootaloo’s gender in the eventual sequel to this story. You can be sure to expect the same level of care I always give my stories. lol if it’s not obvious by now, I’m a queer author, so getting LGBTQ themes right is pretty important to me. No idea when that sequel is happening, unfortunately. I’m currently working on developing the human world’s story, which will track Sunset’s life before going back to Equestria and then what happens with Fluttershy after she leaves. Once all that’s said and done, I’ll move on to what I’ve been referring to as the Great Equestrian Soap Opera, which will focus on pretty much every character and intertwine their stories in significant ways. It’s the most ambitious idea for the series to date, and it’s either going to succeed or fail gloriously :pinkiecrazy:

Thanks for reading, and I hope you continue to enjoy my work :scootangel:

Lovely story. ❤️

8709618
I just extrapolated from Dash seeing through both the haybale and the tree disguises. I'm not sure if she saw through Pinkie in the Fluttershy outfit, or even saw that. But that's been a thing for me since S1 ended. :3

Just finished up this one too, and found it a pleasant read. I find myself liking Amber a lot, she's a fun character to read, very playful and entertaining, and I love the banter and silliness between her and Luna. I did definitely have a "Omigawsh is Amber trans!?" moment earlier in the story that I was hoping to see if anything panned out from, but it's looking like if she is we won't be seeing it until there's another sequel. I got pouty at the end, I hadn't realized it was so much shorter than the previous main stories in the series until I was almost finished with it, and it rather left me wanting. So, I did really enjoy it, getting an Amber-focused story was fun, and I love her dynamic with Luna, though I felt disappointed that it wasn't longer. I'll look forward to eventually seeing where it goes after this.

8916686
Smol story for the smol horse :ajsmug:

Truthfully, it was an exercise in trying to limit my writing. Published novels are usually under 90k words, so I was trying to see how brief I could be while still telling an entire story. Plus I was maybe a little worried that people wouldn't want to dedicate too much time to reading an OC story, so it seemed like a good one to practice on. I learned that I hate being brief lmao this story has a lot of things I wish I'd done differently in it, and that's one of them.

That said, I'm delighted you like my hose so much :scootangel: Amber was never planned to be a character in this series, but then she kinda popped up and I kept expanding her role because I really enjoyed her. There will definitely be more of Amber in the eventual sequel to this story, and I think you'll enjoy where that goes :raritywink:

8916886
Ultimately it kinda felt like it wasn't the whole story, like there was supposed to be more, which was why the end left me wanting. Certain things seemed to be hinted at or foreshadowed that didn't wind up coming up further along the story that made them feel like loose ends. It's an enjoyable story, definitely, it just feels like the end of the prologue there should be the end of a first act or something like that. If my theory of Amber being trans pans out, I could have seen a second act in which she started wondering about and exploring the concept and idea, while nervous what others might think, and maybe in denial about it, and/or anxious about how Luna would react so soon after officially becoming a couple, then a third act in which she actually starts coming to terms with it, and, possibly catalyzed by events in Ponyville relating to Scootaloo, decides to come out and then everything that results from it up until a conclusion.

As for Amber being an OC, I don't tend to mind OC focused stories if they're decently written and the character is done well. I guess I can see why some people aren't as enthused about them, as they might be more comfortable going into stories about characters they're familiar with, it being fan fiction and all, but I tend to like stories about well-written OCs just as much as canon character focused ones. I guess I'm just not as picky as most people. Unless stories have a lot of spelling/grammar issues, which tends to turn me off it immediately, I generally try to give just about any story that can catch my eye a fair shake just to see where they're going, usually at least a couple chapters or about 8-10k words maybe, sometimes more if I'm unsure by then. If after that I'm not feeling it still I'll put it down satisfied I at least gave it a chance, even if I ultimately decided against investing any more time in it. I think partly it might be that I read a lot of fics with OCs because my love for "fish out of water" style stories, where characters experience culture shock and/or have to adapt to new environments finds me reading HIE stories a fair bit, which are almost guaranteed to be OC focused. The fish out of water/culture shock and adaptation was part of what got me enjoying "Looking Glass" so much. Well written, emotional, relatable, aaaand hits all my super specific favorite story type buttons? Yes please.

8917901
I see what you're saying, but largely, I feel like it's only a temporary problem. I did set things up workout entirely fulfilling them, but that's because I'm very much writing these stories with the whole series in mind. The same could be said for Finding Home revealing towards the end that Amber moved back with her parents and started a relationship with a stallion, or that Pinkie asked Rainbow on a date. Stories are intentionally left open to give the world a more natural sense of time advancement; characters' stories intertwine rather than only having something significant happen to a single character/relationship at a time. Once Amber's story is continuing in a sequel, it will be concurrent to other characters' stories in a way that makes it more fitting for that to be a separate story entirely.

Now, what makes it so awkward this time is that I stopped moving the series forward to go back and fill in gaps. It's a bit like getting to the cliff hanger at the end of season six of a show only to find out that instead of continuing with season seven, they went back to do fill in the missing season three. When everything is said and done it'll make a smoother reading experience, but until that point it's awkward and that's my fault for making it that way.

8919327
Yeah, I can understand that, it's intended to fit within the larger structure of the series. From an artistic and writing standpoint it makes sense to be sure the continuity of the series isn't disrupted by having different stories overlapping on each other chronologically. But ultimately "In Pieces" kinda felt less like it should be its own story, but more like it belonged as part of a larger whole that could have encompassed a longer time frame and more characters. I suppose my feeling on it is that, whatever might come in the sequel, it could be possible this might have been better off being the beginning of it. Ultimately I don't know the events you have in mind for the next chronological installment, so I can't form a real, informed opinion on the matter until it's been written and I've read it, and it might change my potential opinion on the matter, but for the time being this one, while definitely an enjoyable story, still feels like it's incomplete to me, not so much due to a cliffhanger, as most of the events of the story did wrap themselves up, but more because of the remaining seeming loose ends. I guess more like when a show foreshadows something throughout a season, but then the season ends without addressing it.

Now, let me tell you something. I generally don't like reading about OC's in stories, and I dislike more specifically OC's being put into relationships with canon characters. Especially any of the princesses, it just rubs me the wrong way. I think it's mostly a result of reading about too many Mary-Sue OC's who don't have any qualities to redeem them of that Mary-Sue-ness.

HOWEVER I am actually in love with Amber and Luna's relationship. I will admit I cried a little when Amber's parents turned her away when she decided to come out again, but I feel better for the fact that Luna was there with her. Hi, I'm me and I become emotionally attached to fictional characters.

Something about Amber's character... I just... I don't know. I love her involvement in this series. Good character, to say the least. :rainbowkiss:

9048567
I never even planned for any OCs to be in this series, it all happened by accident (right down to Luna asking Amber out, which was never planned). I’m always delighted to hear people like my accidental horse :yay: I suppose a big part of the reason why she works is that I never really intended to write her as an OC, but rather just as a character in the story just like any of the canon characters. I never spared a thought to giving her screen time or even dating a canon character because like, they’re all just characters in the story I’m telling for me.

Anyway, thank you so much for taking the time to comment on these stories, it means a lot to me and really made my day :pinkiehappy:

Shit's hella bittersweet, and mildly infuriating, even if my own years of bisexuality have led me to become more apathetic than anything when it comes to expressions and ideals rooted in backwards ignorance and a strict adherence to society's often hypocritical values. Though, strictly speaking, there's nothing wrong with what Amber's parents prefer. It's just that other ways of life ought to be respected, something that the "virtuous" are apt to fail to understand. Still, it was a good story, and I see what the planned Rainbow Dash/Scootaloo story will be about, when it one day debuts.

9965989
It is both of those things, yes. And yeah, the Scootaloo story will be about exactly what you expect it to be about. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out, so I hope you’ll enjoy that once it drops :scootangel:

JMP

9994267
It's a party with Sunset and human AJ and everyone teasing and roasting the shit out of each other. It's basically how my friend group operates so I appreciate the dynamic. I almost lost it at the "AJ is attracted to apple trees" bit

9994381
lol yeah, I’m all for friend groups like this. It’s something that’s just incredibly relatable :derpytongue2:

JMP

9995612
Well then I suppose it's a good thing you set a precedent for having multiple perspectives within a single story so you could flesh out both ideas.

JMP

9996500
For all my talk of you not seeing me for a while, I ended up leaving a comment on most chapters anyway :rainbowlaugh:. Just goes to show that your stories are very good. I wouldn't have anything to say if they weren't interesting. And yeah, that worked out well. Wasn't necessarily my intention to catch up in time for Piece by Piece, but well, had a few binge sessions where I couldn't help but keep reading.

10098601
It's a great dress design ^~^

10098795
They did sleep together though? I always thought that meant sex but apparently not? Oh well, it's refreshing to see someone using "sleeping with someone" as the actual meaning of the word sleeping plus on the same bed.

:v

Okay so
Is Thicker than Water during, before or after this story?
... No matter, Time some thickness

Either way. This story was very short but It was... Incredible, really. I loved it. A lot. Foxy was definitely a highlight, among all the things that were done awesomely right in this story. The Wedding was amazing, and I love that I never saw the crown coming.
I love the way this story started, the proposal could have been a story on its own but it wasn't, and that way it jerked the whole story forwards. It honestly was one of your best hooks. It was, like most of your stories actually tend to do, a build up for the reader to forget it exists and then it just springs back on them, seemingly out of nowhere, and it just adds to the angst of the ending.

Anyway, drama aside, there's plenty of CUTE AS FUCK™ scenes regarding the wedding. I loved how this story about Amber (AKA best OC ever, spotty horse, love of my life) turned most of it's screen time to the Marriage of the Century™ and the best part is that I can't really fault you for it. Honestly if it wasn't for the wedding being exactly when it was this would have been a side story. I like it the way it is, even the scenes in which Amber is just a spectator.

Villains in this series (aka bigots) are... mild but that's a good thing. I guess I'm just too tired of backwards, bigoted people, and that scene was emotionally draining. Bigots bore me. But it was well written so it wasn't so bad. I'll live.

Luna Emo was another highlight. I guess also the fact she remained consistent with that line of thought even after being proven to be, indeed, full of shit. Hellheim, even after she and Spotty horse started dating she never let go of her existential agony. With good reason because it really is lonely to be everlasting, that's why one lives on the here and now. Nevertheless, she's got some vibe checks to pass :v

I'm running ragged, it's 5 am. But I loved this story that much :D like I do with most of your stories. I might even have forgotten something important here sooo. Either way, really good.

10098897
Thicker Than Water is before this story, but it doesn’t matter too much since it’s focused on entirely different characters and situations.

I’m glad you enjoyed the story in spite of its length :scootangel: Like I mentioned in another reply, I’m always thrilled when people like Foxy, and I’m glad other things like the wedding and the crown went over well with you as well. Originally this was planned as two stories, one about Amber in Philly, one about the wedding, but then I just kinda smooshed them together lol

My goal with Amber’s parents was just to make them normal ponies, so it’s unsurprising they’re mild. Ponies that are likable aside from having a huge flaw that drives them apart from their daughter. Not that you have to like them or anything, I just didn’t want them to be over the top cartoonishly evil is all I’m saying.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the story, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on Thicker Than Water and Piece by Piece when you get to them :raritywink:

10355597
Always glad to see someone who gets it write about it. Please keep writing, because your stories are honestly some of the best stuff I've had the pleasure of stumbling across.

10355624
I'll be writing this series for years to come, no worries there! Hope you continue to enjoy my work :twilightsmile:

10355631
No doubt, I will.

Wanna read In Pieces but don't want to bother with all the fics that go before it? Here's a summary for you! Contains spoilers, obviously.

When Amber Glow was young, she suffered from hodophobia, fear of travelling. Inspired by a clearly panicked Fluttershy overcoming her fears to face Nightmare Moon, she decided to face her own fears of travelling, throwing herself into a job working on a train. One day while at work, she meets her hero, Fluttershy. The two become friends, and Amber is invited to Fluttershy and Twilight's public announcement event of their romantic relationship, where she meets Luna. The two hit it off instantly, and Luna asks Amber on a date, which Amber accepts. They agree to a casual relationship with no strings attached.

For the next year and a half, things seem to be going great for them. But Amber falls harder for Luna than Luna falls for Amber, and she's devastated to learn that Luna is still sleeping with other ponies (their agreement was a noncommitted relationship). The two break up, and Amber moves back to Fillydelphia. While there, she starts dating a stallion to appease her homophobic parents and to get them to allow her to be part of her little brother's life again. She takes her brother, Fox Glove, to attend Twilight and Fluttershy's wedding, where she introduces him to Luna, Twilight, and Fluttershy. While there, Luna and Amber become friends again.

This story takes place three years after that wedding. Other important information for this fic is that Fluttershy and Twilight are also dating Sunset Shimmer, and that public reaction of the royal polyamorous relationship has not been the best.

10474348
Nope, you gotta wait until I write it for the rest :raritywink:

10474353
Truly, the cruelest bun move. :raritydespair:

I'm so glad that there's a sequel to jump right into. Though, I'm worried that it's only 29k words short!

Login or register to comment