• Published 26th Jun 2016
  • 13,869 Views, 1,032 Comments

Canterlot High Has A Club About What?! - Enclave2277



After visiting Sunset Shimmer during Spring Break, Sweetie Belle decides to create a naturist club at Canterlot High.

  • ...
49
 1,032
 13,869

Epilogue: A New What?!

Epilogue: A New WHAT!?

“Canterlot High School,” Skyrocket Kite read the draft, “The best school for young minds and aspiring talents. Not a bad selling point and look it rates high in its special education program.”

The balding man walked over to his wife Whistler, who was seated at the kitchen table looking over the same pamphlet Skyrocket had, her ginger hair tied up in a bun. Most of the kitchen was filled with boxes as the family was getting ready for their big move to Canterlot.

“Yeah but it doesn’t say anything about their student life. That doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence.” Whistler bemused.

“Well ya needn’t fear dear,” Skyrocket smiled as he sat down, “I made calls through some old buddies of mine in the Air Force and they say CHS has the best student life in the city.”

Whistler gave Skyrocket a disbelieving look.

“I’m serious, Breezy’ll be fine don’t you worry.” Skyrocket comforted, taking his wife’s hand.

“I do worry and so should you. You know how our niece gets.” Whistler whimpered, “And what if the student body rejects her? They’ll be just like the other schools she’s gone too.”

“They’ll accept her I promise you. This school’s very well liked when it comes to people with…injuries and disabilities.” Skyrocket smiled though even he had to agree towards his wife’s point. But he kept his face firm and warm trying his hardest to reassure his wife.

Eventually she came around, “Alright I trust you Sky. Let’s go talk to her.”

As they got up, the sound of a Viola Organista soundtrack began playing from one of the bedrooms. Skyrocket and Whistler walked over to the room where the music came from and softly opened the door.

There they saw their niece sitting on the bed. She turned to look at them, a white mask covering her face.

“Breezy,” Whistler spoke with a smile, “We’d like to tell you about the new school you’ll be attending.

Author's Note:

Over the course of the past few months, many readers have expressed dissatisfaction with how The NLAC Has To Deal With What?! has progressed. Therefore, Blake and I have decided to work together once again in order to craft a sequel that better reflects the original story's intent and genre.

The NLAC Has To Deal With What?! is still set within the same continuity, but it will no longer be considered as the canon, direct sequel. Think of it as a long, complex side story, if you will. That being said, Odeinoichus will now have complete and total ownership of the story.

I will post a blog once Blake and I have decided on a publishing date for the new sequel. As of right now, it is still in the development stage. We hope that all of you will continue to support and enjoy this series. :pinkiehappy:

-Enc & Blake

Comments ( 53 )

My problem with that story was that it felt like it was trying to do too much as well as having the characters reactions being too unrealistic for a realistic story. This story felt more believable seeing as there was always the chance that a character, like Rarity or Buttons, would overreact or at least have a negative view. The sequel had everyone being ok with naturalism and it seemed to be everywhere that I began to wonder why it was even a secret.

8225527
The epilogue is referring to the up coming now cannon sequel enclave and I are working on

8225527
That's actually a pretty good point that I never really thought about, it is kind of ridiculous when you think about it like that. Personally I just found it too complicated, half the characters didn't even play a role in the climax which made you wonder why they were in the story to begin with.

I'll keep an out for this new sequel.

8225593
Yeah, I know. I was referring to the other story.

8225609
I couldn't even finish the other story. I got to the point where Celestia found out about the club and when she talked to Luna all I heard in my head was her speaking in monotone. I was like, "Shouldn't you be upset that your sister endangered both of your jobs, reputations, and possible jail time? Shouldn't you be angry take students are doing this? Oh, your ok with this, just miffed the she did tell you?" At that I realized the author stopped caring as did I

8225609
Did the Shadowbolts really serve much purpose in Friendship Games, other than being the designated antagonists, and ultimately being made to bully Sci-Twi to ultimately pull a One Winged Angel on CHS? They were just sort of there to justify the plot of the film, and for filling quotas more than anything.

8225728
I mean yeah they played the role of the antagonists, that is a very important role in any story so not sure what you mean.

In the story they had a major presence and a few even had their own subplots but when it finally came time for the climax they were completely absent which seemed odd. That's all I meant.

I'm not asking for the cover art link, but the artist that made this. IF you know that, that is... :ajsmug:

8226021
Sometimes, knowledge is best left forbidden. :twilightoops:

Comment posted by metroid_freak deleted Jun 20th, 2017

8225741
Well MLP as a series is pretty much known for doing that. They introduce a lot of characters, some of them important to a single episode, or a single scene of an episode, but we rarely ever see them again unless they get made into a recurring character. Sort of like most everyone in episode 100, they got to shine, but after that they just sort of stopped being important again and disappeared back into the background.

Does anyone know where the cover image comes from? I have a non-brony friend who wants to know and I can't seem to find the source just searching the image with chrome.

8228117
It's a nude variant of another image on DeviantART

8236108
thats just a side point, don't be too discouraged

8225723

While I will agree on the 'should be upset over possible jail time/loss of job', why do you count her being angry at the students over this as something that needed to happen? I agree that everyone being alright with this was kind of... odd, but frankly, saying the author doesn't care is an unnecessary insult. Just because there isn't that one authority character who the story forces you to hate because they're not down with whatever the main theme is isn't necessarily a deal breaker as far as writing is concerned.

With stories about acceptance, it's the ones who are angry, who don't want to understand, or do understand just hate whatever the main theme is that are the villains. Whoever that character is, the audience is compelled to hate. I for one, using your example, am tired of Celestia always being the one thrown under the antagonist bus - and I am somewhat offended you immediately turned to her for this. Yet no one ever pins this sort of prudishness on Luna, who is the most traditionalist of all active characters ever presented in MLP.

Either way, this was an acceptance story, and it ended up the way it should have even if the path might have been more believable with more than one pillar of conflict. The insult is uncalled for.

8239089
What I was talking about was that Celestia should be angry THAT students, most of them minors, were doing this secretly on school property with most likely none of their parents permission.

What I meant about the author not caring anymore was that more effort could have been put into this scene or making any of the numerous detours the plot took matter. Most of the time it felt like these scenes were added there for the sake of making the story longer (something PerfectBlue is guilty of and why I hate her so much)

As for acceptance, there is a limit to what I am willing to accept and for how long. One of the things of that story that bothered me was that those who didn't want to partake in naturalism were treated like short sighted fools regardless of their beliefs or prefernces by people who had only recently accepted it. I could not take the fact that if felt like people who didn't try naturalism were in the minority making me wonder why it was hidden like it was.

Look, I liked the story at first but wished it had more focus. If naturalism was still something that was growing in this town more and more with each passing story rather than paragraph. That is my point of view.

8239116

And I agreed with most of that, just not the delivery and the way you phrased it. Now that you've explained yourself better, we agree more. I even understand your feelings on the bits I don't necessarily agree with you upon.

8239151

8239116
Well the newest Sequel is up for you to look over

8225527

8226437

8239116

I'm not quite sure I understand where some of you are coming from, but regardless of that could we please not clutter the comments of this story with criticism over my tale, it isn't really fair to Blake's and Enclave's work and doesn't do much to help me improve in my approach to writing if I have to check here to find out why some folks felt my work was lacking.

Hey, for anyone curious about it, I managed to find the original, uncropped version of the cover image. Don't worry though. There's nothing explicit about it. It gets cut off right at the crusader's waists (so no unmentionables) and there aren't even any boobs since they're appearently just flat chested preteens.

Check it out HERE

8226437
You taking about this one or the odien story?

8244129
This one, though it doesn't seem to be a popular opinion.

8244264
Then I fall to notice your complaint about too many side characters doing nothing cuz this one didn't have that many

8244346
I just noticed I commented on the wrong story. My bad. I'll delete it. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for prompting me to realize it.

8242712
Oh dude, you're gonna be in so much trouble for posting that.

8250533
Sometimes you just have to let children burn their hand on the stove, so they understand it's hot.

8250556
Or put a penny in a power outlet.

8250533
Why? Like I said, the picture doesn't actually show anything explicit. Unless you consider nipples explicit that is (which I don't). Not to mention the fact that this story is all about dissociating nudity with sex (something the picture seems to reflect) so what's the big deal?

8250732
the big deal is the existence of laws, rules, and guidelines on the matter, both with the internet in general, and this site specifically.

I spent the better part of the past two days reading the story through. I really like it. Occasionally in briefly I forgot that the protagonist was, Sweetie Belle opposed Apple Bloom.

I only have one very minor criticism and I know I'm in the minority here I just don't understand sweetiemash or Tenderbloom. But despite that, I loved every moment of the story.

Gave me a few interesting ideas to write also.

8251446
Well i hope you like the newest sequel

8284849
I will when I get through that novel of a side story. I love that one too but I think it's more than the rest of the fan fiction I have read in my life put together.

8301365 :facehoof: aside from that, what about Luna?

8303058
She's in this story

8311372 is she conservative like her sister or not?

8311497
.....Did you read this thing?

8311500 I suppose I'll have to read further to get my answer then.

8311507 look I'm sorry, it's been a while since I've read this. I'm rereading this to catch up but I'm not sure if I'm missing certain details or don't quite understand.

8316665
I apologize for that little hiccup. :twilightblush:

You're absolutely correct. A group of 19yr olds still being in high school isn't really feasible. From this point forward, I changed their ages. Sweetie is now 14 and Rarity 17. It won't drastically alter the story in any major way, but at least their ages will meld better with the overall framework of the story.

8319359
It wasnt gender based, we only mentioned males specifically because it's more noticeable

8367581
The Game of Thrones similarities is purely coincidence i assure you. and this ain't that dark haha :rainbowlaugh:

8372670
I'd rather kill myself than ship Spike with anything.

8251113
Dude, that picture isn't r34. Sure, it shows the CMC naked, but there's nothing wrong with nudity. That's literally the entire point of this story. If the mods here or even the internet as a whole have a problem with that, they need to get over their stupid, arbitrary biases. It's true there's a lot a lot of good reasons to wear clothing (Self expression, identification, protection from the elements, etc.) but covering yourself up is not one of them. The only reason anyone would ever need to cover themselves (save for maybe respecting other people's boundaries, however misguided) is because their ashamed of themselves or feel like they have something to hide. That's not healthy. Wake up! The only reason you and most other people are embarrassed about nudity is because that's what we've all been taught since we were toddlers. But that's a learned belief, not a natural instinct. Newborn infants don't seem to care whether they're wearing anything or not. And just look at most animals. They run around naked all the time. But you don't see them having sex 24/7. Guess what? We're animals too. Why should it be any different for us? Nudity and sex are two completely different things. Nudity is simply a state of being; of not having anything on. Ideally, that would be just as valid a decision of what to wear as any other outfit and would only earn an ambivalent, passing glance from others at most (just like if you were wearing jeans and a t shirt for example). After all, nudity is the default. On the other hand, sex is a kind of behavior. As such, it's possible to act sexually even while fully clothed. I'm pretty sure that's what flirting is. I challenge you to take a step back and ask yourself, is there anything inherently wrong with the picture or are you just looking at it through the lens of your own preconceived biases? If it's the latter, then you need to rethink your thought process. After all, as Socrates often said, true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.

8464998
*clap clap clap clap*

Don't take this personally but I cannot have this story in my faves anymore. So I unfaved it. Sorry.

9715765
There's nothing wrong with enjoying nudist-themed stories, darling. :raritywink:

I've done my best, along with a few other authors in the group to represent the naturist subgenre within the context of the MLP fandom for the past seven years. This was more of a collaborative effort, so the bulk of the authoring was done by others rather than me personally.

Although, I hope you'll check out some of my other stories.:twilightsmile:

Huh. I’ll have to read the sequel.
This was a good fic, and enlightening in a positive way to the naturalist lifestyle.
Thanks for writing it!

9715970
Hey thanks, sorry this is mad late but if your ever interested come say hi on the group or join or discord!

Login or register to comment