• Published 24th Nov 2011
  • 7,699 Views, 179 Comments

Harmony's Wrath - hahatimeforponies



[OLD STORY] A strange book shatters Twilight and her friends' worldviews and sets them on their own adventure.

  • ...
13
 179
 7,699

Epilogue

The sun hung high in the sky over Ponyville. A couple of swallows could be seen here and there, and patches of grass were beginning to show up through the blankets of snow. Winter wrap-up wasn't officially being performed this year, but a few ponies nonetheless took it upon themselves to clear the snow from their property, plant a few seeds and clear some clouds. Pulling her coat around her, a mailmare went about her rounds.

She drifted up to the front gate of Sweet Apple Acres, landing next to the mailbox. Three members of the Apple family were out and about, getting the farm ready for the year. Applejack was nearest the front, and she rushed up to greet her. Her hat was adorned with a big, red apple pin in the middle.

"Howdy!" She beamed.

"Hey, Applejack!" Derpy Hooves chuckled, diverting her letters from the mailbox to Applejack's hand.

"Let's see... orders, invoices... pff, nothin' interestin'."

"How's the farm doing?" Derpy leaned over the mailbox.

"Well, Big Macintosh is havin' a little trouble adjustin'..." Applejack pointed over her shoulder, where halfway up the hill, Big Mac was trying his best to pull a plough through the soil on two legs. Applebloom cruised by him, sitting atop a some contraption that she cycled idly, and it ploughed the soil behind it. Big Mac gave up on his endeavour, and collapsed in an exhausted heap, grumbling. "... but we're gettin' there." Applejack chuckled.

"Alright, good luck! It, uh, looks like you'll need it. I have to keep going, busy busy!" Derpy held up her full mail bag.

"Sure thing sugarcube, take care!"


Derpy knocked on the door of a cottage by the Everfree forest. A soft voice replied something that didn't make it through the door, and Fluttershy opened it.

"Oh, hey Derpy! What are..." She smiled. Derpy's mouthful of letters answered her question. "Oh! Let me get those..." She giggled and took the envelopes. She handed back two that weren't addressed to her.

"Fluttershy, who is at the door?" Another voice inside called. "Open it wider, so I can see some more." Fluttershy pulled the door wide open, revealing a table inside. The table had a steaming pot of tea, two cups, and two chairs, one empty, and one on which sat a zebra.

"Oh, Zecora! I have a letter here for you, too." Derpy chuckled, reaching into her bag. "How are you keeping up with things?"

"The change took some getting used to, but! These new appendages have proven fruitful." Zecora smiled, lifting her cup by its handle and taking a sip.

"Would you like to stay for some tea, Derpy? We're watching the birds and comparing observations with last year." Fluttershy smiled.

"Sorry Fluttershy, these letters won't deliver themselves. Not everypony has a dragon for a mailbox."

"Alright, see you later!"


The doors of the Carousel boutique were wide open, and the shop was quite busy. Derpy picked her way through the crowds to find Rarity hard at work, doing multiple jobs at once. Sweetie Belle and Dinky Hooves were in the corner, playing dress-up.

"Mom!" Dinky giggled, and rushed up to hug her mother.

"Heya, muffin!" She smiled, picking Dinky up and swinging her around once before putting her down again. "How are the crusades going?"

"Well, we crossed off fashion designer and salesmare earlier..."

"Rarity wasn't too happy about either of those..." Sweetie Belle added.

"... so now we're trying fashion m-" Dinky tripped on her over-long dress, and quickly picked herself up. "... fashion model!" Derpy chuckled and ruffled her mane.

"You'll get there." She pulled out a big stack of letters and placed it on the counter next to Rarity.

"Oh, don't tell me there's more bulk orders! I can barely keep up as-is!"

"Sorry, but it looks that way." Derpy sighed.

"Don't worry darling, it's not your fault. I should probably start taking on employees at this rate, business has just skyrocketed!"

"Let me know how that turns out! I'll, eh, try not to ask for another uniform too soon." She smiled. Rarity just chuckled, and continued scribbling some notes with her hands while stitching two sheets of fabric together with her magic. "I'll leave you to it, see you later!"


Sugarcube Corner was alive with the sound of party music, and the windows were all blocked up with balloons. Derpy fought her way in the door, only to get whisked inside by an enthusiastic Pinkie Pie.

"Derpy Hooves! You're just in time for the party!" Pinkie giggled. Derpy looked around and quirked a brow. There was quite a crowd in here, and the Cakes were hopelessly trying to keep the business running through it all. She had absolutely no idea what the celebration was for, but with Pinkie, it's not like an excuse was necessary.

"Party? Gee, I didn't realise." She chuckled.

"Of course it's a party, silly filly, what do you think all the balloons are for?" Pinkie pouted. Derpy rolled her eye (the other one staying eerily still).

"Sorry Pinkie, but I can't stay too long. I'm just here with the mail."

"But... we have muffins!" Pinkie looked back to the mailmare with doe-eyes. Derpy bit her lip; it sure was tempting to stick around.

"Hnnng... just one." She knew it wouldn't just be one.


Twenty minutes and a big plate of muffins later, Derpy was away to continue her rounds. Her next stop was a large house made of low-hanging clouds, with rainbows bridging many of them. She didn't so much have to knock on the front door as push her way through the wall.

In the main room, Rainbow Dash was asleep on a cloud in the middle of the room, while Scootaloo was finding a place for her new scooter.

"Oh! Hey Derpy!" She grinned, tossing it in the corner. Dash stirred.

"Hi Scootaloo, should I, uhm..."

"I'm awake..." Dash groaned, and rolled off the cloud onto the floor. She loved living in a house made of clouds; falling off never hurt.

"... never mind. Just here with the mail Rainbow." Dash peeled herself off the floor and fluttered over to Derpy to take the letters.

"Let's see... there's your formal adoption papers, Scoot!" She smiled at Scootaloo, showing her the letter, before moving on to the next one. "That's... finally!"

"What?" Derpy tilted her head.

"Official Wonderbolts acceptance letter. Man, the red tape in these things... I've been training with them for two months, and the letter only gets here now! Typical." Dash whinged. Derpy sniggered, and turned to leave.

"I've still got some way to go on the rounds, I'll catch you guys later!"

"See ya!"


One of her last stops on her route was the Ponyville library. Not far from the library was a bench, upon which Lyra and Bon-bon were sitting. Bon-bon sat normally, while Lyra was sitting on her legs, all scrunched up. It looked uncomfortable and awkward.

She was surprised to be going to library at all, what with Twilight having Spike. However, lo and behold, she was carrying letters addressed to one Twilight Sparkle at the Ponyville town library. She knocked on the door, and Spike answered.

"Who is it, Spike?" Twilight called.

"Mail!" Derpy replied, before Spike had a chance to answer.

"Oh! Come in, Derpy!" She heard, and happily stepped in from the cold. Twilight jogged down the steps from her upstairs desk to greet Derpy and take the letters off her.

"Uhm... why are you getting all these letters through normal mail lately?" Derpy asked, tilting her head.

"Oh, that's easy. I've been doing a lot of business with the various princes, barons and mayors of Equestria, and not all of them have dragons."

"I... hope you don't mind me asking, but... eheh, why?" Derpy chuckled.

"Oh, not at all!" Twilight smiled. "Well, since both the crown Princesses of Equestria are, well, no more, and neither have any heirs, they're all trying to figure out a new system of government. And since I was Celestia's personal student, they've given me the job of mediating the whole thing..." She grumbled at the last part.

"Heheh... well, it gives you something to do in place of the friendship reports."

"I guess... but it's a bit like managing squabbling foals sometimes. And then there's the reconstruction of Canterlot to oversee..."

"Well, you certainly have your work cut out for you... mind if I ask a couple more things before I go?"

"Sure! The letters can wait."

"What was in that book Luna was reading?"

"Oh, that?" Twilight smiled, and pulled the unmarked volume from her desk. "It turns out she wasn't reading it, she was writing in it. It's her whole life story!"

"Really? Wow..."

"Yeah, there's all kinds of things in here! One of the most interesting things, I think, is her account of the real Celestia."

"Real Celestia?" Derpy tilted her head.

"Mhm. It turns out, the djinn that we banished didn't create the identity of Princess Celestia, it took it from a real pony all those years ago. Luna really did have an older sister called Celestia, and they were both Princesses of Canterlot!"

"Ah... so you could say Celestia wasn't all bad?"

"In a manner of speaking, yes. The book says the real Princess Celestia was quite like the personality the fake one adopted during its reign of Equestria. It... it makes me miss her a little bit." Twilight closed the book. Derpy paused before responding.

"I think we all miss the Princesses a bit." She put a hand on Twilight's shoulder, and she looked back with a smile. "But we did the right thing." Twilight nodded, and returned the book to its shelf.

"Yes. Yes we did." Twilight's smile widened, and she started back up the steps to her desk.

"Hey... Twilight?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think... do you think the gryphons will be back?" Derpy tilted her head earnestly. Twilight thought a little before answering.

"They will. But after what we did, not for a long time. We'll be ready for them then." She smiled. Derpy nodded, and smiled back. Silently, she left the library to let Twilight continue her work.

Twilight returned to her seat at her desk where a book lay open. It was near the end; only a few pages were left in the manuscript. She took a quill, and scribbled out the final few lines:

Free from the oppressive hooves of the djinn masquerading as their Princess, and the ravenous claws of the horde, the ponies of Equestria resolved to rebuild their shattered lives, and free of their shackles, usher in a new golden age. A whole nation looks forward to the future, to the promise this country holds; only one pony looks back. She does so, not to long forlornly, but to chronicle the true tale of their liberation, so that it may never be forgotten, so that in the years to come, ponies will look back upon their proud history, and draw strength from it.

Your humble servant,

Twilight Sparkle.

Comments ( 52 )

This was an amazing story from start to finish. Part of me is sad that this story is over but all good things must come to an end eventually. Although the great thing about a good story is that it can be picked up and read again and again.

Who knows what the future holds for this story. Only time will truly tell.

That was glorious. Truly, one of the best stories I have ever read, and I've ready more than I can count. A masterpiece of the HIGHEST calibre, I applaud you.

I would shed a tear if I could.

Master story deserving of 5 stars

CDR

If you haven't already, post this to EqD.
/starts figiting in his seat/
I found it interesting that you decided to include any horse-like/pony-like creatures in the reversal spell as well
/movements continue to escalate/
As I think about it, having read the 1000+ year old story from the book must have triggered something in all of their minds other than what you actually wrote down. At times each seemed a little out of character, but I can over look that.
/explodes out of his seat, bouncing off the walls at speeds that would awe RD and in ways that would baffle even PP/
THAT WAS THE GREATEST DAMN THING I EVER FUCKING READ!!! HELL YES!!!
/lands back in his seat with a "thump"/

Epic story. It earns that adventure tag. I do think there should be a few other characters listed though, most particularly Derpy and Trixie as both ended up more then backround characters.

46508 Wasn't sure whether to completely spam the characters section with every single character that plays any sort of role or not, so to begin with I played it safe and kept it to the mane six. On that advice though, I included some more, just the ones that play fairly big plot roles (even if a few of them have very little screen time). Also, thanks! :D

Once again, I feel I must tell you good job. And as I said last time, we need to get this on Equestria Daily. Maybe with some support on this site we can manage it. I sure hope so, it would be a shame not to make it. I was waiting eagerly for every update the first time, and that doesn't happen that often, only when it's really engaging. So once again, excellent job.

Brilliant story! I was captivated from the very beginning and took me near 6 hours to read the entire thing! Usually I switch between Fanfics throughout the day but yours was just so very captivating! I look forward to reading the sequel!

you REALLY dont like trixie do you

Wow thankyou for putting this on your tumblr, it was truly amazing, now for the sequel.:pinkiesad2:

102248 Dude, calm down, you're only at chapter 10 : O
99329 I like her as a character, I just like her as a villain.

103024 heh sorry derp moment. late night reading and I wanted to make an attempt at expressing my thoughts. You actually managed to hold my attention for about 3 days straight. I'll try to contain myself from now on.:pinkiesad2:

#13 · Jan 3rd, 2012 · · ·

:fluttercry: Words....cannot...describe...th beauty of yjis masterpiece...i need a moment...

105776 Nice to know that sort of thing is appreciated! I'm a geek when it comes to world-building, and dammit, I'm making this world make sense if it kills me.

Well, looks like it's over. Ya know I'm kinda sad.:pinkiesad2: Guess I'll find something else to read.

119569 Actually that wasn't a TFS reference, I'm not really a fan of theirs, "I need an adult" is just a general internet joke.
119624 Of course xD I could pass a few comments on who'd turn out the best endowed, but... it's probably more fun to let people speculate :P

137112 If you haven't noticed, this story is a tangent that assumes some of the information told by the show is a lie. It was written between seasons one and two, so I only had season one to go on when planning.

I am speechless and that is bad for me...... 5 stars and internets for you my internets have them

:derpyderp2: Whoa... wait... its over :fluttershbad:
That was one of the best fimfics I've read, quite long too, but still very good. I like how you included some backround characters to play a role that didn't involve being in half a chapter.(this one mainly:derpytongue2:)

On a side note: I just drank some water out of a glass with it's bottom being covered in soap scum...

161221 I'm sorry to hear that, but true enough, it's not everyone's cup of tea.

168353 Now, to address all your comments in post...
First of all, thanks for reading and thinking so thoroughly on it (and more importantly enjoying it!) and it's nice to know that the way I designed the story and laid down the twists work as intended :P

Second, the story was originally written in just over two months, from August to October of last year, and posted to Fanfiction.net. If I was writing 80,000 words in six days it would undoubtedly sound like a long string of incomprehensible nonsense xD Zecora's dialogue in particular is an interesting challenge, but I wouldn't really spend any more time on it than I would figuring out how to begin a chapter or editing a paragraph. It's another one of those cases where if it doesn't sound right, you just find another way to say what you're trying to say.

Third, I try to have the characters develop a little over the course of the story, (and most of the character development is concentrated in the back nine of this story and continues into the sequel) but generally adventure stories are quite light on that sort of thing. Unless it drives the plot, it tends to be a bit of a distraction, and with almost all of my stories, most of my focus goes into trying to form a complex, intricate plot, and trying to keep it simultaneously unpredictable and logical. That doesn't mean character development is irrelevant, it's just... a secondary aim of mine. As long as the characters are actually behaving in character, then everything else is beyond the call of duty. For a bit of perspective, you don't need any more character development in an adventure story than you would have in the average Indiana Jones movie. You can have it, but it's just icing.

And fourthly, I can only really put the comparatively low views down to the fact that the story is what it is. FiM is a very character-driven show, and that shows in the kind of stories the fandom most values - heartwarming/tearjerking personal dramas like My Little Dashie, character-driven comedies like Progress, and... well just about all kinds of shipping. So high-tension adventures and deep conspiracies aren't necessarily everyone's cup of tea. Hell, the most popular FiM adventures tend not to be plot-driven - Fallout Equestria has crossover appeal, On A Cross and Arrow has genderbend and shipping appeal, and It's A Dangerous Business Going Out Your Door is essentially character study set against the backdrop of a journey. So naturally, the market for a plot-driven, psychology-lite story like this is going to be kinda small (even in a fandom as tremendously huge as this, and even if the fans in that market have repeatedly told me that there aren't enough stories like this), and the anthro content is just going to cut it even more (as I understood it, it was turned down for EqD on that basis, and someone else in the comments above stopped reading at chapter 29 for this reason). Simply put, my story isn't particularly marketable.

175833 Darn it, I had this nice big comment all typed out, and then FimFic screwed up on me.
Ah well, here's a slightly shorter one I guess.

First: I originally had more here, but I'll just shorten it down to 'How long did it take you to write each chapter?'

Second: That, I guess, is where our preferences diverge. I tend to like to write about characters and the challenges they face, and in turn, how this changes them as a character. Or just exploring who they are, with a story line of course. However, this may have to do with the vast amounts of shipping/romance I read, so there's that.

Thirdly: I can agree with that, I myself avoid dark and the like as much as I can, happiness is so much nicer :twilightsmile: The anthro though, that disappoints me greatly. If that really was the reason it didn't get accepted, then my respect for the pre-readers over there has diminished greatly. It doesn't take away from the quality at all, in fact, I think it adds to it because of the creative and original idea. Kudos to you for thinking it and going through with it, you've made a good story. And that guy up there? Forget him, if he wants to be so closed minded let him, he's missing out in the end. Ugh... you'd think people in this community would be more open and accepting...

Regardless, I think you've made a great story, through and through. Honestly, I lost this story for a little while. Your responding helped me find it again. Do you know what that means? More comments on chapters! Hooray! Now, I am off to read more :twilightsheepish:

175833 Wait, you got turned down from EQD simply for having anthro content? This is one of the most original stories I've read! Sometimes, I believe that the EQD pre-readers are trolls. Just because it's not everyone's cup of tea doesn't mean it should be rejected. I don't like shipping, but that doesn't mean we should stop any shipping stories from going on EQD. And I've seen some badly written stories on EQD, and yours has some really good writing.

180988 176209 That's just "as I understand it", it may not actually be the case. I also think it may have been a peacekeeping measure on their part rather than the pre-readers just simply not liking it (I hadn't had a chance get any feedback from them since the first draft) since anthro content (e.g. in drawfriend) hasn't gone down well there in the past. In any case, I may try again at a later date, but for now I'm content to leave it be.

192850 Y'know, there's nothing stopping anyone making things like TVTropes pages or submitting it to Equestria Daily for me (as far as I know trying to get other authors' stories added is allowed)! Also, for chapters 32 and 33 I was listening mostly to this, from the Red Faction Guerrilla soundtrack, but there was also lots of big orchestral movie soundtracks on my playlist, and another big one for this story in general was NotACleverPony's Princess Luna EP.

175833 I love anthros. Although it's probably for different reasons than most people. It's not that I'm a furry or a perv (well I am but that's not why I like them). It's because they get me thinking about a whole string of ideas. Things about how the world would be if inhabited by both human and anthro. Like how society would have developed differently. Or how carnivores would get their food. Would there be some near-grimdark type black market thing where they kidnap animals who would normally be prey in the night, and kill them then sell them. Or would there be like anthro cattle who's purpose in life is to be slaughtered for meat. How would things like psychiatry work for different species mentalities. Would inter-species-coitus produce hybrid offspring. So many questions. So many possibilities.

254465 It'd be nice if that kind of thing was the first thing that popped into peoples' heads when they thought of anthropomorphic animals. Unfortunately, it rarely is on the internet.

176209>>175833

I must say that I agree, this is an amazing piece of work, I'm sorry it hadn't gotten accepted at the time you are commenting there (hoping that in the intervening weeks that it did get in), and I must say that this is definitely up there with On a Cross and Arrow, Past Sins, Of Mares and Magic (The only Twixie I ever read that got even a modicum of my love), Fallout: Equestria, and Better living through Science and Ponies.

And yes, I did just link all of them. :trollestia: So sue me, if you'd like. I just wished to point out that I cannot seem to stop reading this story! I only linked to stories that made me feel more than just 'D'awww...' or 'Ha, lol...' These are stories that I got angry at, cried with, and felt the passion and inspiration. You might say that FO: Eq has no real plot, and that it just follows the game, but... that's not entirely true. It does so to an extent, yes, but... most of what happens can be considered original content, even if named after, or based off of something in the game. The same goes for Past Sins. People keep telling me how much suck it is because of chapter ten, but I didn't read the original chapter. Just the remade version. After finding the original version, yes, I felt that it was terribly OOC for Celestia, while the new version made perfect sense. But, whether or not a character is OOC or not is largely up to the person writing the story. The author decides what the character is like. The author can use the character's style from the show, or use the character with a completely different mindset. Twilight could be a total jock, and Applejack could be the egghead if the author so wishes. THat is why there's the Alternate Universe tag/label, after all. So, I say that this fic is one of my favorites, because I got mad at Dash when she pretended to be hurt or dead. I felt worry, I felt the intense satisfaction at seeing Twilight's new view of the world as she ran around town seeing things through a different light. It's only a good story if you can get so lost in it, you know exactly how the characters feel. Kk, gonna go finish the rest of the fic so I can tell you exactly what I think of the ending! :yay:

One more thing. When Dash and AJ go up the inverted ladder, is that a reference to The Emperor's New Groove?

256449
God, you have no idea how much I want to hug you right now.

That is basically my entire view on characters and how nothing is ever actually OOC, and why I hate it when people complain that they think some one is acting OOC. A way a character acts is all up to opinion, how the author thinks a character would act in a situation presented to them. In every story, no one character is the same. Each is made up in a different universe of sorts, different conflicts and different settings. Just because someone else thinks a character is acting 'wrong', doesn't mean they are. They are acting how they would in the universe they are in, and the situation they are presented (not to mention just what kind of mood/state they are in).

In my mind, characters never act out of character, they are more 'built up' characters. They are changed and morphed by their experiences and just what s going on around them. Besides, we never do know what isgoing on in the character's heads in the show, so how are we supposed to know how they thnk? We don't, which is why every author makes their best guess, how they think they act. People who complain about characters being OOC are just miffed because the protagonist or antagonist or some supporting role didn't act how they believe they should. It's not up to them though, it's up to the author. They're the one writing the story, they're the ones who actually know the character. People just need to learn to accept that. Not every one will act like they did in your favorite Fan Fic, or the TV show, because they aren't your favorite Fan Fic or the TV show, they are situations and settings standing on their own. It shouldn't matter anyway, as long as the story is interesting and compelling then why does it matter?

*sigh* Long-ish nonsense rant over with. Sorry, but seeing you say that just made me want to vent :twilightsheepish:

259126 Pff, don't worry, I understand completely. And long response is long, while short reply is short. :trollestia:

For all we know, every time Twilight smiles in the show it's because she's contemplating different, scientific ways to kill off her friends. We won't know, but somepony will more than likely write a fic sooner or later that correlates to that possibility, just because they want to write a gore fic. :twilightoops::facehoof: People are sadistic beasts, that's for sure. Well, I've said my peace. Have a nice day!

I have to say this is one of the most enjoyable stories I have read on this site. Without a doubt, the story is excellently crafted, and conveys character better than some of the 6-star stories on Equestria Daily. Not much can keep me awake for far into the morning, but this one certainly takes the cake.

I did notice a few things early in the morning while I was reading it, the first I noticed in the long exposition of the story. In the beginning of the tale that twilight reads, it mentions the fact that they had hands once. Other than that one time, the story could be read with 'normal' ponies as the characters in the tale, and until you get past the end of the story, it's pretty much an alternate reality of the nightmare moon incident. To anyone not dedicated enough, it feels like someone took the first two episodes, gave all the characters hands and clothing, and put a big plot twist at the end. Hands only serving importance for one or two lines is one of the problems I think the anthro community suffers a lot from in this fandom; ponies are already anthropomorphic enough already to the degree that the amount of detail needed to properly distinguish between a non-anthropomorphic culture and an anthropomorphic culture is high enough that deviation from the main story would be imminent. As I see it, the problem with most anthro stories is that the anthropomorphism is really less of an important part of the story and more along the lines of 'hey look they got hands,' this story included: the fact that originally the pony race was more anthropomorphic is downplayed by pretty much the entire story; there's no time to worry about the difference biologically then and now when you're trying to find a way to overthrow an ancient demon queen.

The next thing I noticed -vaguely- is that in several places, had you stopped writing and called it a day, the story still would have made perfect sense. I cannot give you any examples at the moment, I am too tired for that, but I distinctly remember thinking, 'hey, this would be a good ending,' several places in the story.

The last thing I thought was irksome, and this is after getting some sleep, is more of an opinion than anything. When twilight was reading the tale, I thought it would be appropriate for something along the lines of an interrupted narrative, with short intermissions to the story filled with the reincarnations interactions. To me, at least, it would give the illusion of the tale being more fleshed out as it would give the reader time to contemplate what the tale is telling.

Again, thank you for writing such a wonderful story, and I can't wait to read Eris's riddle!

315383 The anthro thing is a difficult subject. To be frank, I downplayed a lot of it to make it easier to sell to EqD (not that that worked), and to just generally ease readers into what is, for many, an unfamiliar or distasteful idea. While the implications of the sudden shift would be interesting to explore on any number of levels, societal, mechanical, physiological and mental, that's not really what I'm interested in doing. It's just context for the main plot, because let's face it, every earth-shatteringly huge crisis will have myriad repercussions that can all make for interesting stories in their own right. I suppose this causes problems for trying to promote it - as I've stated many times, the pony community absolutely adores character drama and - shudder - literary fiction - but that's just not the story I'm trying to tell. The differences are there, but they're subtle, and the few chapters at the end of this story aren't really enough to explore it. Eris's Riddle on the other hand (hah) does let a bit of that seep in.

I have to disagree with you on the many points where I could have left it - I feel like this story doesn't tell everything that can be told, and leaves a lot of things unresolved. What resolution there is is heavily concentrated into the last seven chapters, and any ending before that would be premature. Unless of course, they got to the end of the story-within-a-story and just went "WELL THAT WAS FUN", threw the book back on the shelf and got on with their live, but that wouldn't be particularly interesting.

Also, there were interruptions in Twilight's reading at the start of almost every chapter - I left them out for chapters 8 and 9 because the story-within-a-story was coming to a climax, and I didn't want to interrupt that. And in chapter 10, when it finishes, the focus is on Twilight reading the closing paragraphs out loud, and the group's reaction to it.

while i cant say im overly fond of the idea of Celestia being this inter-dimensional evil that oppressed and cursed Equestria, i will admit that it makes a fine story element and an excellent piece of an excellent story

I liked it a lot. I'd say more, but its already been said. except for this-

Oh Lyra, you just CAN'T sit normally can you?:facehoof:

1252395 1253410 These are not characters known for making rapid and reliable leaps of understanding. :P

in theory.....doesn't that mean Celestia could still be alive.....her reincarnated self or something of that nature

2196349 It's snowing out. I'll bet that if they had the option of clothes, they'd go with it.

2848965 It's one of the many things that make me cringe about this story in hindsight. More so that it's not properly escalated to than anything else. Loss of innocence and they who fight monsters are themes in this story, but I'll agree that it comes off as kind of ham-fisted here.

2848965 That scene is my only real problem with this story.

It had no buildup whatsoever, nor a real reason to begin such a beatdown.

Remember reading this on fanfiction when it was first posted.

So glad to have found it again here.

:heart:

Read this whole fic in the course of 2 hours, new record given the word count and chapters! Amazing fic might I add. Gonna take a look at that sequel once I get my gaming sleep. Favorited.

Read the whole thing, I'm not quite sure about the whole past meets present deal.

3867714 Neither am I, and I wrote the damn thing!

As to your question in the description about why we're still reading a story that's "really old" (as you put it); well, the answer is that it's still really good (well, IMHO, it is!), and that's why folks are still reading it!:ajsmug::twilightsmile::yay:

I know that that's why I still am, anyway:raritywink:

I still really appreciate this fic, you'll be forever perplexed by the one or two likes that will continue to plague this story, popping up just when you think it's forgotten.

Great story I am adding this to my awesome wall (the awesome wall is where I put the best fanfics up) can't wait to read the sequel

THIS IS REALLY OLD WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS

BECAUSE I JUST FOUND IT :pinkiehappy:

>THIS IS REALLY OLD WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS
BECAUSE THIS STUPID FANDOM DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO PROMOTE SHIT, MAN

Login or register to comment