• Published 3rd Apr 2016
  • 8,325 Views, 205 Comments

My Little Mages: The Revenge of Nightmare Moon - Foxhelm



A Reboot of BrassHeart's My Little Mage: The Nightmare's Return, allowing for more stories and incorpating and re-purposing more MLP Gen. 1

  • ...
12
 205
 8,325

The Last Light Answers Harmony's Call

Twilight was sent flying into the air by a blast of magic the same color as a ‘new’ moon. However, before she could collide with anything she was wrapped in a more transparent bubble of the same colored magic and was thrown into the wall opposite of the one she was heading to in the first place. As she tried to get back up she was grabbed by a large hand made of the same magic and thrown into the wall Nightmare Moon’s first attack would have sent her. The only thing keeping her from major bodily harm was clearly a spell cast on her by Nightmare Moon. It was clear the demigoddess wanted to make her suffer. “Surely, you can do better than that. We are most unamused by your efforts.” Nightmare Moon barely hid a chuckle as she covered her mouth with the back of her left hand. “We haven’t had this much fun in a thousand years.” She then batted Twilight into the wall she batted the spell Twilight tried to cast on her earlier. “Haha, the fun has been doubled.” Nightmare Moon shouted like a girl thrusting her right arm into the air.

Twilight could tell that the spell that Nightmare Moon cast on her shielding her was gone, but there was something… off… in the last thing Nightmare Moon said. Like there was another person inside Nightmare Moon and it… reached out. However, Twilight had other things to worry about. Nightmare Moon was clearly toying with her. Demigods were beings able to move the sun and moon by themselves like it was nothing, granted the only one Twilight knew to do that regularly was Celestia, but she did see Cadance do it a few times, but it was clear it was in the context of a monarch teaching a successor the job. And Nightmare Moon clearly was a demigod. In short, Twilight lost this fight as soon as Nightmare Moon woke up and this fight was only going to last as long as Nightmare Moon wanted it. ‘Unless…’

“AEGIS!” Twilight shouted as she encased herself in a purple bubble shield of magic. “This was a spell my brother, Shining Armor, developed. Not even Princess Celestia herself can put this up or take it down.” Twilight proclaimed triumphantly as if she managed to outwit her foe, pointing at the dark demigoddess like she had won this fight.

Nightmare Moon looked at the shield turned her right hand down, kept only the index and middle finger straight and quickly turned her hand up with the fingers still up and the bubble with Twilight in it was sent right into the ceiling of the room and then pull her hand back allowing it to fall to the ground. “You clearly have raw talent, maybe enough to merit ascension someday.” Nightmare Moon commented as she flung Twilight around the room. Twilight had a screaming realization that she was trapped in a prison of her own design all the while. “But you are lacking in practical skills. Clearly, you must be the spare.” the demigoddess continued as she dropped her hold on the shield bubble causing it to come to the ground with a thud.

“What?” Twilight said confused both over everything that happened to her and the statement Nightmare Moon made.

“As long-lived as demigoddesses such as Celestia and Us are, to maintain a country it is foolish to not have both an intended successor and spare just in case.” Nightmare Moon said as she renewed her throwing of Twilight around. “We demigods have exceedingly long lives, and while we need no food, no water, no air and no heat to survive, especially us born as such, we are not immortal. If we were, Nightshade the Shadowbolt would not have freed Us from Celestia’s trap. But We saw that coming, We saw that plan from the moon. Although the decoy elements We didn’t expect.” Nightmare Moon began to use her magic to crush the shield bubble around Twilight. As Twilight noticed the bubble being squeezed and the air being pushed on her, she was being crushed herself inside her shield. “But without the Element of Magic, they are useless.” As Twilight began to squirm and struggled to breathe. “This game was fun, but now We have business to attend to.” Twilight felt her body being squeezed against itself. “Give Our regards to Celestia.” Nightmare Moon hissed the name, supersaturated with venom.

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie

Twilight was about to pass out, the air in her lungs was being squeezed out of her. She knew she was about to die and her one thought was on the five mages she met less than twenty-four hours ago. The five mages that Celestia offered to help her in this her final moment and she left them, one after another, thinking she could handle Nightmare Moon alone. Had she waited, or fought the Tantabus with Pinkie or fought Grogar with Rarity and Pinkie, or… well, the point has been made. She was going to die all alone. Her vision left her.

BOOM!!!

CRASH!!!

Five voices calling “Twilight!” were all the Twilight heard just as she was knocking on Death’s door.

Twilight felt herself fall to the ground, her shield spell ending, she coughed trying to regain her breath. “Sugarcube, take it easy.” Twilight looked up and saw all five right in front of her, with Applejack the closest and offering her support. “Deep, slow breaths,” Applejack instructed as she kneeled right next to her. Twilight followed the instructions and was back to breathing normally. “Sorry, it took us all so long.” Applejack apologized, helping Twilight to her feet.

Twilight looked at the people around her. Here there were five people she met not even two days before and yet over the last few hours have become her acquaintances, her companions, her allies, her partners, her colleagues, her associates, her…

“Friends.” She whispered as she reached her arms out and tried to embrace them all. Then it all clicked. Her pupils dilated until her irises all but vanished and within her pupils, five tiny six-point stars appear.

Honesty: “Have Ah ever willingly led you astray”

Loyalty: “I am too awesome to leave my girls hanging”

Kindness: “All he needed was a gentle touch”

Laughter: “Parties are nooo fuuun all alone”

Generosity: “Charity and agape, Darling”

It all made sense, as Twilight thought back, Celestia always provided a means for Twilight to find all the tools she needed to complete any task Celestia gave her if only she accepted the help. “I am an idiot,” Twilight said as she felt the others continue the embrace. “I get it.”

“What?” Rarity asked as the group embrace ended.

Twilight took out her tome. “That accepting help from others does not mean you are weak, that we all are more powerful when we work together, that I am part of a…” Twilight paused and chuckled as she summoned the chest from her tome. “Harmony.” she finished as the chest landed with a thud. “That’s what you were trying to teach me,” Twilight said to the chest as if she was talking to Celestia. The chest then vanished with five stone orbs on a small portable pedestal. Each had a different shape; an octagon, a triangle, a hexagon, a kite and a diamond. She handed one to each of five.

“So… um… what now?” Rainbow Dash asked as she caught the stone orb. “They’re…”

“Still asleep,” Twilight answered before Rainbow Dash could finish her question or anyone else can ask. “Just need to…” Twilight paused “AEGIS MAGNUM!” she shouted as she conjured a shield bubble around the six and just in time as a blast of magic sent the chamber’s door towards the group and a blast of silver magic that encased them like a fireball but faded.

Everyone looked at the source of the attack. There stood Nightmare Moon, back on her feet and extremely irate. “Um, Sugarcube, how do we wake them up?” Applejack asked nervously.

Twilight grinned as the orbs started to glow, “They are waking up all on their own.” she commented as she turned back to Nightmare Moon. “They are with their new bearers. Applejack…” the paladin titled her head to her right a little baffled. “Who did not offer false hope and instead told the risks of her actions, even if a lie would have been greater comfort bears Honesty,” Twilight stated.

The orb Applejack held levitated from her hands and changed into an orange light and then into orange stylized apple shaped spessartite garnet and a golden necklace and clasped itself around her neck. “Normally ain’t one for jewelry, but Ah think this one works for me,” Applejack commented.

Nightmare Moon then sent another blast of silver-colored magic, but it could not get past the bubble shield. “Rainbow Dash,” the elementalist tilted her head to her left in confusion. “Who when offered to follow her dream, stayed true to her friends and a plan she didn’t fully support at the start, bears Loyalty,” Twilight informed.

The orb in Rainbow Dash’s hands followed the example of Applejack’s orb. But it glowed red and the gem was a ruby shaped into a stylized lightning bolt. “Oh Yeah! Now that is what I’m talking about.” Rainbow Dash cheered as she jumped into the air thrusting her arm into the air after the necklace clasped itself around her neck.

Nightmare Moon repeated her attack but this time with two blasts. Again the bubble shield remained. “Fluttershy.” Twilight continued, the druid jumped at her name. “Who developed a peaceful solution to a problem when most would have used violence, bears Kindness.”

Fluttershy was startled as her orb replicated the same thing as Applejack’s orb and Rainbow Dash’s orb. However, the light was pink and the gem was a kunzite shaped like a stylized butterfly. She blushed as she regained herself and place her right hand on the Element, “Well it wasn’t much.” She said softly.

Nightmare Moon sent three blasts this time and the bubble shield still held. Twilight remained confident as she continued. “Pinkie Pie.” The jester skipped over, despite being laid down by the orb. “Who expunged the darkness that was within her and encompassed her by calling out its absurdity, bears Laughter!”

The orb in Pinkie Pie’s hands vibrated as it morphed into an apatite shaped like one of the balloons on her hat with the golden necklace matching the ones sported by Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, causing a tune to be heard. “Uh! Uh! I know this song.” but after the transformation, the tune ended before Pinkie Pie had a chance to sing. “Oh.” Pinkie lamented. “But this is a nice consolation prize.” Pinkie Pie laughed as the necklace clasped around her neck.

Nightmare Moon sent four blasts of her magic in response. However while the bubble held, cracks were starting to form. “Um Twilight, Darling, we’re running out of time.” Rarity commented.

Twilight remained resolute. “Rarity,” she called out as the enchantress turned her focus to Twilight. “Who gave of her own self, literally, without ever considering asking for anything in return, bears Generosity.” Twilight’s eyes never left looking straight into Nightmare Moon’s eyes.

The orb in Rarity’s hand mimicked the others as it transformed into a golden necklace with a fluorite shaped like one of the sapphires on her own tiara, as it clasped around her neck, “It’s a nice contrast to my tiara, an excellent complement to my dress and it goes fabulously with my…” Rarity noticed that her hair had regrown to its former length “hair.”

Nightmare Moon blasted the bubble shield five times and while it held, for the most part, it rippled with cracks, it was clearly not going to hold for much longer. “Um, Sugarcube, we can’t beat her without the last Element. We’re running out of time.” Applejack commented.

Twilight looked at the six-point star-shaped amethysts that topped her staff. “And I, who strove to further my knowledge of all things magic, taught by Princess Celestia herself, and having brought out the best of others who have formed around me, I bear the Element of...” Twilight paused as if she was expecting a drumroll. “Friendship.” Everyone, including Nightmare Moon, just froze there utterly confused. “And as Princess Celestia tried to teach me,” Twilight placed her right hand on her chest and pulled something from her heart, at her staff as she took out the damaged tiara of her late mentor, the one that Nightmare Moon throw off her airship, the one that landed at her feet.

Twilight shared a tear, she had held this tiara once before. She looked back to the first time she held it.

“I have a special gift for you Twilight, this marks your first anniversary as my student,” said Celestia in more jovial voice than Twilight usually heard from her mentor. For once Spike was sleeping on the furniture, instead of searching through it and tearing it apart to get at potentially precious materials he was sure were hiding from him. Celestia handed the tome to Twilight, “it has a special maintenance enchantment that’s tied to your magic, along with a storage enchantment, would you like to try it out?”

A very young and eager Twilight was nodding vigorously saying the word “yes” so many times in succession that it seemed to be colliding with itself for almost a full minute.

Celestia gave a chuckle, “Alright then, do you have anything in mind for the test?”

Twilight pointed to the sleeping Spike and said, “How about Spike, he’s probably going to cause trouble once he wakes up.”

“I’m sorry Twilight, but the storage spell doesn’t work on living things like Spike. Besides, he’s a one-year-old dragon, they tend to be a little troublesome for the first decade or so, you might get lucky and have him act a bit more mature in few years, but such things are far from common. How about this?” Celestia removed the tiara from her head and handed it to Twilight, “just open the book to any page and wave the item over it, to retrieve the item wave your hand over the image.”

Twilight took the tiara after opening the tome to a random page and waved the tiara over it, the item turned into an amazingly detailed image of a tiara on the page as it seemed to vanish from her hand, this surprised Twilight so much she dropped the tome and it was caught in Celestia’s magic mere inches above the floor, “I’m so sorry, Princess, I almost ruined the book you gave me, thank you for stopping it from taking any damage.”

“It’s quite alright, Twilight,” said Celestia as she floated the book back to Twilight, “now how about you recall the item.”

Twilight nodded again and took the book in her hand before waving her hand over the tiara’s image. This time, she found herself holding the tiara, she tried handing it back to Celestia while saying, “Thanks for the lesson on how to use this book, I believe you need this.”

“It’s fine, Twilight, keep it,” said Celestia, “as a reminder of when you received this artifact, and I have a feeling you might be needing it at some point in the future. Besides, I have plenty of spares just in case of an...incident that could result in it being lost, broken or destroyed.”

Twilight would later return the tiara, but now it was back in her hands and she knew what to do with it. “Friendship is Magic!” Twilight proclaimed as she merged the amethysts she just made with the tiara. The room was bathed in blinding white light forcing everyone to close their eyes.

As the light faded Nightmare Moon saw Twilight, with her eyes closed, start to lower the tiara, now fully restored with the recreated Element of Magic as the central jewel, on to her head. The demigoddess blasted the bubble shield six times, but it only after the final blast of her magic did the shield finally shatter. But it was too late. As the shield crumbled around the group, Twilight opened her eyes, they were now simply fields of white light. This change also affected the other five humans as they each opened their own eyes. ‘No, this cannot be.’ Nightmare Moon internally panicked, but her expression was stone and unmoved.

We, The Elements of Harmony, are whole once again.” All six said in unison. However Nightmare Moon did not hear the six voices of the six mages, she heard one harmonious voice, an audio-pheromone often attributed to a barbershop quartet known as the ‘fifth voice’ in this case the seventh voice.

‘That was…um... creepy.’

‘Dashie, Darling, is that you?’

‘Wait, Am Ah hearing both Rarity and Rainbow in my head?’

‘Oh dear, I think I am hearing all three of you.’

‘Fluttershy, I think we are all are experiencing a psionic link through the Elements.’

‘This is AMAZING! We can share ideas, swap stories… but another time. So what’s the plan Twilight?’

‘We use the Elements of Harmony to defeat Nightmare Moon!’

‘Um, Twi, Sugarcube, how do we do that?’

‘I have no idea!’ There were five distinct groans in response.

Nightmare Moon watched was the six remained standing and unmoving, ‘Trapped without a plan.’ the demigoddess concluded. “So even with the Elements, you have no plan to defeat Us.” She laughed. “Well, this shall be easier than We thought.” The demigoddess summoned to her hand her bladed staff and charged the group.

Applejack jumped forward and used her sword to block Nightmare Moon’s strike. At that time Rarity held out her hands sending her magic to enchant Applejack’s sword to keep it intact as the paladin held the demigoddess back. ‘We need a plan, NOW, Darling. Applejack and I cannot hold her for long.’ Rarity thought as it showed that she and Applejack were straining against Nightmare Moon.

“You cannot best Us!” Nightmare Moon proclaimed as she noticed the paladin’s sword starting to chip and Rarity's enchantment start to phase out.

Pinkie Pie pulled an inflated balloon thrice her size and pointed the part that is tied at Nightmare Moon undid the end sent a gale to Nightmare Moon. Rainbow Dash used her elemental magic to keep the new gale constantly blowing Nightmare Moon back. Pinkie Pie made sure that she did not run out of balloons. Meanwhile, Fluttershy called upon the plant life she reached out to earlier two vines she directed to wrap around Applejack's sword. Others she sent to wrap around Nightmare Moon.

“I have had ENOUGH!!!” Nightmare Moon shouted as she used her powers to make a force field bubble that grew from around her to half of the room ending the gale Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie was sending her, destroying the vines that Fluttershy summoned and Rarity's enchantment while sending Applejack back into the group.

‘She's not using the plural. We must have struck a nerve. But how do we…’ Twilight taught and then stopped as she and the other started to hover.

Will you extend your trust? A voice asked. It was the seventh voice that was heard when the six spoke as one.

‘Yes,' the six mages said together.

Twilight began to make arcane gestures and chant in a language she knew she did not know, almost as if the elements themselves were using her and her friends as a conduit because as she began to chant the others chimed in on the chant in a way that complimented those already chanting. When the spell’s preparations were complete a powerful light engulfed them all, Twilight saw a composite image composed of iconic images associated with balance and harmony. The composite image seemed to shift, taking on the images of Celestia’s mark and a more welcoming version of Nightmare Moon’s (which mildly confused Twilight) before transitioning to Twilight’s and breaking off into six images, one being Twilight’s while the other five were those of her fellow bearers.

“This can’t be happening! I will not be bested by children!” Nightmare Moon then pulled all her magic into a ball much like how Twilight did earlier, but on a much greater scale. She threw it right at Twilight. But it was to no avail.

“IT IS OVER, NIGHTMARE MOON! FOR YOUR CRIMES OF THREATENING TO THROW THE WORLD INTO ETERNAL NIGHT AND THE DISCORD THAT ACT HAS AND WOULD GENERATE, WE HAVE NO CHOICE!” The six said in their seventh-voice. Nightmare Moon extended her wings and took to the air. “AS RAINBOW DASH SAID, TASTE THE RAINBOW!!!” the six said as the five elements sent lights the colors of their current state into Twilight and from Twilight a rainbow appeared and flew straight at Nightmare Moon.

The demigoddess did everything she could to evade the rainbow and throw every single spell she could cast at it to slow it down or dissipate it. But nothing worked as it wrapped itself around as she cried out. “NNNOOO!!!” Nightmare Moon screamed and the rainbow shifted into white.

The white light then started to grow, SOMEBODY HELP ME! Twilight heard a voice of a small child calling out. Twilight reached out as the room was engulfed in the light.

In a second the light that engulfed the room vanished everyone fell to the floor. Rainbow Dash was the first to recover as her eyes returned to their normal state. As she looked around she saw Nightmare Moon was on her back, out cold but breathing. “Oh, you got to be… She’s still alive!” Rainbow Dash shouted as Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy also got to their feet.

Rarity looked over Nightmare Moon, “Well Princess Celestia said we would defeat Nightmare Moon.” Rarity commented as she, Applejack and Pinkie Pie looked over Nightmare Moon

Fluttershy stayed back “Um, everyone. I think there is something wrong with Twilight.” she commented as she tried to wake Twilight up.

Twilight was not asleep, her mind was elsewhere.


“How our deeds pain us as time stretches long
How could we have hurt them this way?
So rest easy now, our punishment’s our
The weight of our crimes are our own” Twilight woke up to singing, it sounded like a little girl, five years old, was lamenting over something, something she did, something that has been haunting her for … a thousand years.

“But into that stillness, you brought us your song
With your voice our company kept
For your tired eyes and sweet lullabies
In exile, we pay you my debt”. Twilight fluttered her eyes as she got back on her feet. She looked at the space around her, she had no idea where she was. She didn’t have the tiara with the element of magic, she didn’t have her staff, she didn’t have her friends. She was in, for lack of a better term, a void.

“Once did a princess who gleamed like the moon
Look out on her dominion and sigh
Dejected she cried, ‘Surely there is nobody
Who loves me, or finds any love in my night.’”. Twilight started looking for the source of the singing. ‘The singer has to be close’ Twilight said as she was surprised she could walk. She was surprised to find that the song was coming from one direction.

“So great was her pain, she rose in rebellion
Against those who cared for her most
She let the Nightmare fall on those she ruled
And threatened to grip them in permanent cold.” Twilight cringed that last section, clearly the song was trying to match another, as some sort of response, but Twilight had to admit it was a valiant effort, but she pressed on.

“Lullay, dear Tia, good night sister ours
Rest now in starlight’s embrace
May this cool lullaby reach you in dreams
And ease you your passage of days
May our apologies find you this night
And may our sorrow in kind
Tia, you loved us much more than we knew
Forgive us for being so blind.” Twilight continued to follow the voice and the song, she started to notice a light, a soft dim pale light, like the moon the last night before and the first night after a ‘new’ moon. Twilight was baffled by the name the singer was addressing, ‘Tia’, this was the second time she heard it. ‘Who was this ‘Tia’?’ Twilight asked herself.

“Soon did her sister do what was demanded
And gave to the Moonlight her due
Breaking the Harmony, she saved everybody,
And banished her, as a wise ruler must do.” This caused Twilight to stop. 'Did this girl just claim to be sister to someone, maybe the ‘Tia’ that was mentioned before was her sister? But who is this singer?' Twilight thought but then pressed on.

“Such is the weight of the crown that we wear, sister,
Duties we always uphold;
May you forgive us that foolishness ours
And live on with no burden upon your soul.” Twilight continued in silence, as she proceeded the light grew and grew, like a waxing moon. 'Weight of the crown? Is she some sort of royal?' Twilight thought.

“Lullay, dear Tia, good night sister our
Rest now in starlight’s embrace
May this cool lullaby reach you in dreams
And ease you your passage of days
May our apologies find you this night
And may our sorrow in kind
Tia, you loved us much more than we knew
May troubles be far from your mind
And forgive us for being so blind” Twilight was still a distance from the singer, but she finally knew why the song was familiar. The beat and the words of that chorus. It sounded just like the song she heard Celestia sing once. She didn’t remember all the words or really most of it but it was hauntingly familiar. Twilight and noticed that the light around her was almost like the full moon’s light.

“The space now before us, empty and forlorn
We never imagined we’d face them all alone
May these sunless seasons swiftly pass, We pray
We love you, We miss you, all these miles away.” Then Twilight saw the singer. The singer looked like a five-year-old girl with light blue hair and turquoise eyes. She was singing into the void beyond the light as if she was trying to reach someone, someone she herself could not reach, but maybe if both reach to each other together?

“May all your dreams be sweet tonight
Safe upon that bed above the lights
And know not of heartache, fear, nor gloom
And when We dream, We’ll fly away to meet you soon
Sleep,” the little girl stopped singing and started to sob, sob in guilt as she lowered herself to the ground and began to take the fetal position. Twilight was not sure what to do, say approach the little girl carefully. “I am so sorry,” the little girl whispered in between bouts of crying as she hugged her knees to her chest burying her face in her knees.

Twilight dropped to her knees, she was not sure what to do. She thought back to every time she did break down crying. In fact, it was one of those times she was crying that she actually met Princess Celestia. Twilight thought back,

No matter what she couldn’t get the spell she was practicing right, it was something she really wanted to show Shining Armor, to prove he was right to have the faith he had in her ability to enter Princess Celestia’s School For The Gifted. She was lost in tears when a gentle hand was placed on her shoulder. “Hey there, are you alright, little one?” came a soft motherly voice.

“No. I am a failure. Big Brother was wrong.” Twilight lamented. “I can't cast a simple spell.”

“Oh, I see now. Say did you know, there was a time I couldn’t even levitate a feather. It was so frustrating, and I had Star Swirl the Great teaching me.” the voice said chuckling the last part. Twilight looked up, after wiping her eyes she saw Princess Celestia sitting right next to her.

“Prin…” Twilight started but Celestia stopped her as she placed a finger on Twilight’s mouth.

“You don’t need to say anything. Just listen. We all learn things in different ways and at different rates.” Celestia said as the two looked into each other’s eyes.

“But I wanted to show my big brother I can cast a spell before he heads off to basic training. He leaves tomorrow.” Twilight pouted turning away.

Celestia placed her hand on Twilight shoulder, “If your big brother can inspire you to try to learn any spell, then he should be able to say ‘I am proud of you no matter what’ if you cannot.” Celestia said in a soft and comforting tone and voice as she used her thumbs to whip Twilight’s eyes dry. “Say you want to see something?” Celestia asked as she withdrew her hands. Twilight watched as Celestia made a six-pointed-star gem from out of thin air and gave it Twilight. Twilight gasped in awe. She wanted to return it to Celestia, but Celestia pushed it back. The Arch-Mage then noticed a stick, she levitated it over to the two. “What’s a mage without her staff? Perhaps you can make it?” Celestia offered. Twilight struggled to join the star with the stick to make a staff but tried all she could she was not able. “I think I see the problem,” Celestia said. “You’re magic, while powerful, is not inherently focused. Don’t be discouraged, it happens a lot to second-born Magicborn children from pure-blooded Magicborn couples. What you need is a focusing gem. Granted you often see all Magicborn with those, but that’s just good practice to wear one. Let’s see.” Celestia looked around and found a vendor with headbands and another with gems, one was a horn-like amethyst. “Wait here.” Celestia purchased a headband and the amethyst and combined the two. She then returned to Twilight and tied it on. “Now try it,” Celestia said. This time Twilight was able to make her staff.

“THANK YOU, PRINCESS CELESTIA!” Twilight shouted as she jumped into Celestia embracing her. Twilight then looked at her staff, “But it’s…”

“You’ll grow, little one,” Celestia said. “Now let’s get you home. Your parents must be worried about you.”

Twilight placed her right hand on the girl’s left shoulder. The girl looked up with a ‘humh’, clearly caught off guard. The girl started to back away. “Easy there. My name is Twilight Sparkle. I am not going to hurt you.” Twilight said doing her best to emulate Celestia from all those years ago. “Do you know where we are?” Twilight asked.

“What was once our soul. Long ago.” the girl answered as if she was lamenting something still clearly tense but she seemed to relax towards Twilight.

Twilight look around baffled. “Wait, what?! I am inside someone else’s soul. How?” Twilight asked. “The last thing I remember my friends and I used the Elements of Harmony on Nightmare...Moon.” Twilight paused. “This is… Nightmare Moon’s… soul.” Twilight realized. The girl only nodded. Twilight took decided to look over the depressed girl she was with. “Nightmare Moon is a parasite that overran you?” Twilight asked.

“Yes and no. Nightmare Moon was our fear, our anger, our hatred, our envy, our suffering, our failure manifested into its own being. We wanted the admiration our sister had, instead we threaten to destroy the balance we worked so hard to make and keep.” The little girl looked up to Twilight. “Nightmare Moon is ou… my failure. Wh… I lost everything to her, my body, my mind, my spirit, my soul, all I have left is this, my weak and pathetic heart, the part of me from which she sprang.” The girl looked at the ground, tears starting to form in her eyes again.

Twilight wrapped her arms around the girl resting the girl’s head on her chest, aligned with her heart, much like how Celestia once held her. “You’re not Nightmare Moon,” Twilight said comfortingly. “And you don’t need to blame yourself for her coming into being.”

“But..” the girl tried to protest.

“You’re clearly not Nightmare Moon, or we wouldn’t be having this conversation… Now I’m starting to sound like Pinkie Pie.” Twilight commented knowing the last person she knew who said something like that. The girl looked at her, the confusion written on her face. “Sorry,” Twilight said. “Listen, my friends and I used the Elements of Harmony on Nightmare Moon and they blasted her so hard that I was sucked in here by the resulting vacuum. If you want to take everything back, I don’t think there will ever be a better time.” Twilight said as she began to stand up picking up the girl with her.

“We can walk on our own.” the girl commented. Twilight lowered to let the girl walk. However, the girl did take Twilight’s hand. “But we would like to be with you.” the girl said holding Twilight’s hand as tight as she could.

Twilight smiled, “Certainly.” The two started to walk. “By the way, I should have…”

“Luna.” the girl answered. “My name is Luna.” The two continued to walk and were both engulfed in light. As they were doing so Twilight noticed the mark on the young girl’s clothes


“Come on, Sugarcube! Ah’ll put the hay in the apple!” Twilight heard Applejack almost shout as she was shaken awake.

“DON’T EAT THE CANDLE!!!” Twilight shouted as she regained herself. She then looked and saw the others were utterly confused.

“Um, why would we eat a candle?” Fluttershy asked.

Twilight gave a nervous ‘teehee’, “Um perhaps another time. How long was I out?” Twilight asked.

“Ten minutes give or take.” Rarity answered. “Are you alright, Darling?” the enchantress asked.

Twilight got back to her feet with Applejack’s help, “I’m alright. I…I have no idea what happened. I thought I heard a call for help from within Nightmare Moon. It’s like there was someone inside Nightmare Moon. But from what she said, Nightmare Moon grew from her.”

“So like crystals in a geode,” Applejack answered. Rarity looked baffled that Applejack knew that. “Yah’ll be surprised what yah find on a farm when clearing a field.” Everyone was still surprised, save Pinkie Pie.

“Yeah, that’s true. I grew up on a rock farm.” Pinkie Pie commented in a seriousness she does not often show attesting to Applejack’s statement. Twilight and Fluttershy turned their astonished faces to Pinkie, both had clearly thought prior comments about the pink-clad mage being from such a place were nothing more than jests in good humor.

“I’ll take your word for it. So where is Nightmare Moon? What happened to her?” Twilight asked as she looked around until she saw Nightmare Moon on the ground.

As Twilight started to walk towards Nightmare Moon. “Um… don’t you think we should… um… step back?” Fluttershy clearly nervous about what was going on.

Just then Nightmare Moon sprung up but, Nightmare Moon looked like she was going to shatter into a thousand pieces but it was clear she was not going down so easily, but before she was could do anything Rarity pulled out of Pinkie Pie’s pocket another of Pinkie Pie’s party cannons. “Sorry Darling, but desperate times.” Rarity said as she enchanted the cannon and fired.

The blow forced Nightmare Moon back and then from within Nightmare Moon, a silver light started to come through the cracks. “No! No! I won’t let go! NO!!!” There was an explosion of silver light that bathed the room. As the light cleared, the little girl Twilight saw, Luna, floated to the ground, with the shards of Nightmare Moon all around the floor. But Luna was clearly older in this state, she looked to be around Twilight’s own age.

As Twilight started towards the unconscious Luna, “Hold it right there, Sugarcube. We have no idea what just happened.” Applejack said as she held Twilight back.

“Don’t worry.” Twilight started, “It will be all right, she’s not…” Twilight tried to explain.

“Have you gone bananas? It would be fine if you did because bananas are tasty, but still...” Pinkie Pie asked in a panic.

“Yeah! That’s Nightmare Moon! She’s the reason that Princess Celestia is…” Rainbow Dash started.

“That I am what?” Everyone froze as their eyes almost bugging out. They all turned and their jaws hanging open. The sun’s light was peering through the door and in the light, in all her full regal splendor Princess Celestia stood with a grin on her face. “Go on, the suspense is killing me,” Celestia said.

There was a short drum roll and a chink, everyone looked to see Pinkie Pie with a drum set. Pinkie Pie then put the drum set back into a pocket. Everyone remained silent as they turned back to Celestia. Unable to control herself anymore, Twilight ran over and squeezed Princess Celestia with all her might. “YOU’RE ALIVE! YOU’RE ALIVE! YOU’RE ALIVE!” Twilight shouted like a child on their first Hearth's Warming Day, with a smile so huge that shouldn’t be possible… aside for Pinkie Pie… on her face.

“Easy on the ribs.” Celestia winced as she pried Twilight off of her.

Twilight looked up to Celestia, “I thought you were dead, your letter said…” but she was then silenced by Celestia.

“Having a phoenix as a pet has its advantages,” Celestia said as she pointed to Philomena as the phoenix perched on the wreckage of the door to the chamber. “You don’t need to bow anymore,” Celestia spoke beyond Twilight.

Twilight turned to see her friends right themselves after bowing. Twilight chuckled a little but then she recalled. “Princess, about Nightmare…” Twilight was again silenced by Celestia. Twilight stepped back as Celestia walked over to the girl on the ground. Twilight knew that she could not reason with Celestia, that she could not plead her case for mercy on Luna. Celestia meant business.

Celestia stopped and looked down at Luna. The air was still, everything was tense. But then Celestia began to sing as she lowered herself to the girl. “I love you.
I missed you.
All those miles away.” That threw everyone off guard. ‘Who is this person and why would Celestia love or miss her.’

Luna began to stir as she blinked her eyes she saw a woman dressed in white, surrounded by the light of the sun, the hair was multicolored and seem to flow in the air for no reason. “Sister?” Luna asked not fully registering what she saw.

“SISTER!!!??” All six mages shouted in disbelief at the statement.

As Luna’s vision fully returned, “Tia?”

“TIA!!?”

Before anyone could say anything else, Celestia pulled Luna into an embrace and started to cry into Luna’s shoulder. “I am so sorry, Lulu, my dear little sister. I saw the signs and I did nothing. I…” Celestia’s voice stopped as she again cried into Luna’s shoulder for a bit. “Do you forgive me?” Celestia asked weakly as tears flowed.

“Why? We let our jealousy fester, we failed to temper our anger, we failed…” Luna stopped as she too started to cry. “We missed you so much.” She too joined her sister in tears as she tightened her own hold on Celestia.

Twilight remembered the last line of the prophecy. The Sun shall stand as Nightmare falls when the last light answers Harmony’s call…. ‘the last light… the twilight… Twilight… Me.’ Twilight thought. She wanted to bring this up but she thought better, Celestia needed this heartfelt moment, to be with her long-absent sister.

Fluttershy soon started to cry watching it, “It’s so beautiful.”

“Well, it looks like we done good, Sugarcubes. The first round’s on me,” Applejack said as she turned to head out.

“What I don’t get is why did Rep and those satyrs turn around to help us,” Rainbow commented as she joined Applejack out. “That is a good question, Dashie.” Rarity commented joining the two.

Pinkie Pie giggled, “It’s really simple, Princess Celestia was resurrected by Philomena and she started to get the ball rolling in order for Rep and those satyrs to confront their own demons. Starting with Rep and, then with him as a witness, the satyrs.” Pinkie Pie concluded as she skipped to catch up with the other three. Nobody questioned that statement, and not because it came from Pinkie.

Applejack then remembered something, “We gotta get back to the gate, we need to get our towns-kin back home. Ah ain’t looking forward to carrying Big Mac or Bulk.”

“Don’t worry, we got you covered,” said Twilight as she was finally able to pull herself away from the scene between the two demigoddesses before her.


Twilight found it interesting to watch as everyone in the small town listened to Princess Celestia’s explanation after the return to Magiville and everyone was treated by the town’s physician, Dr. Red Heart. The first thing that was noted was this year’s Summer Solstice was, in fact, the next day, Tuesday, Leap Year. How did Twilight forget it, her father’s an astronomer/astrophysics? The second thing was the story Princess Celestia told of Princess Luna’s long absence, that her body was possessed by ‘Nightmare Moon’. It was a long tale, mostly it was questions and answers, and by the end of it all it the sun was setting. As the dusk started Princess Luna, even though she was, as Princess Celestia said, de-powered, guided to the moon onto its intended path of the night, proving her state as a demigoddess, as the true Maiden of The Moon. While most took Princess Celestia’s word at face value, it would take time for people to fully accept Princess Luna, people felt fear towards her, but they seemed willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

It was a short night as everyone woke up early started to re-setup everything for as the Summer Sun Celebration. The initial sunrise part of the ritual was nowhere near as grand as Twilight had expected of a Summer Sun Celebration, but there was something more… homey and intimate about this year’s Summer Sun Celebration or maybe it was just the feel of the small town of Magiville. That being said this Summer Sun Celebration was actually the loudest one, Twilight had ever seen, while in Chantalot and most likely in other cities this was much more… for lack of a better term… solemn or subdued, but this was a full out celebration, with a lot of folk dances, regional music, etc. While it was nice to see, this one of the few times she envied Spike with his lack of external ears. She decided to watch from the sidelines, she needed some space, with Spike in her lap munching on some Sweet Apple Temple chicken (and in the process purring contently, almost as if he were trying to imitate a cat, Twilight knew from her research and studies with Celestia that this was, in fact, a normal way for dragons to express their content or joy), as the Summer Sun Celebration ended an hour before Midday.

But that was the tamer of the two parties, the second party started at Midday, and as much as the town celebrated before, during the ‘Welcome To Magiville, Twilight Sparkle’/ ‘Welcome back from the moon, Princess Luna’ party, it was like the first party was a warm-up run. About an hour into the party Twilight again pulled to the side, Spike taking a nap on her shoulders. “I hope this doesn’t happen every week,” Twilight commented.

“Well, generally people here try to not schedule parties on Tuesdays because they know this is what I do.” The pink-haired jester said popping out of nowhere. Twilight jumped back a little startled, but it was starting to be dawned on her, Pinkie Pie’s connection to the earth allowed her to bend and/or bypass the laws of physics on a level that would require a demigod level mastery of time and space. But before Twilight could test that hypothesis. “I hope you’re enjoying the party. But whatever you do, don’t drink the punch, it’s been spiked so many times it has to be at least 190 proof by now.” Pinkie Pie commented.

‘Did someone say my name?’ the familiar thought as he seemed to wake up from a short nap.

Pinkie Pie looked around utterly confused, “Who said that?”

Twilight looked from Spike to Pinkie Pie and back. “You heard that?” Twilight asked.

‘How can she hear me? I am linked only to you, Twilight.’ Spike thought at Twilight.

Pinkie Pie’s eyes bugged out of her face and grew to match her height, her pupils dilating. After a second, Pinkie Pie’s eyes were back to normal and where they belonged “Did your dragon just talk?” Pinkie Pie asked it was clear she could not believe what she just heard.

“He was thinking at me, but how did you hear him. The link…” Twilight paused as she looked at Spike and Pinkie Pie again, ‘Pinkie Pie’s connection to the earth? No.’ Twilight thought and discarded the notion.

“What link?” The three turned to see Fluttershy approach them. Her face was a little red and seemed to stagger as she walked. She even hiccupped twice.

“Are you okay, Fluttershy?” Twilight asked concern about the druid's current intoxicated state.

Fluttershy brushed it aside, “I am fine, just a little tipsy." she stated, "But you...hiccup...did not answer my question.”

Twilight gave a sigh, “It seems that Pinkie Pie can hear Spike. But that cannot be possible, I am the only one linked to him, you know as an arcane mage and familiar." she informed the druid.

‘I think it's because Pinkie Pie has a screw loose.’ Spike thought.

“Now that’s a very very not… hiccup… nice thing to say, young dragon!” Fluttershy scolded Spike. The dragon, Twilight and Pinkie Pie were wide-eyed in astonishment as Fluttershy seemed to know what Spike was thinking. “You owe Pinkie an apology.” After a second as the three were silent as their jaws hung open. “Wait… did I just…” Fluttershy then gasped. She then grabbed Spike off of Twilight’s shoulder. “I have so many questions to ask. What’s it like to have scales? How does the world sound without external ears? What’s your favorite gem?” Fluttershy continued to ask the dragon’s… metaphorical ears off as she walked over to another tree.

‘Twilight, could someone please remove her intoxication, she’s starting to sound like Cadance that one time, and we both know how that turned out,’ The dragon pleaded to Twilight but help did not come.

Twilight turned to Pinkie Pie, but before she could ask the jester anything, “It’s Fluttershy, don’t question it.” Pinkie Pie said raising her right hand, her eyes closed and shaking her head.

Twilight took a step back and looked at everything that happened. ‘Okay when I arrived here, only I could hear Spike, but now after using the elements of Harmon… “Of course, it was the psionic link we all shared when we used the Elements of Harmony. Somehow that link caused my connection with Spike to be extended to you and Fluttershy....”

‘RAINBOW DASH, APPLEJACK, RARITY, HELP ME!’ came Spike’s voice echoing in Twilight’s and Pinkie Pie’s mind causing the two to cringe in pain.

Elsewhere in the celebration, the ever-fashionable Rarity turned away from a group of three that looked they were related to her, “Was that? Spikey-wikey?” she asked baffled. She never heard Spike’s thought, but it was a young male voice she never heard before and the only young male she never heard in Magiville was the dragon.

Not far from there, Rainbow Dash and Applejack were engaged in a ‘friendly’ apple bobbing contest, both popped up taken aback the cry of help of the dragon. Brighteyes then emerged with the prize apple in her mouth her eyes closed and a grin forming as her competitors remained dumbfounded that they were upstaged by the muffinmancer.

Back between, Twilight and Pinkie, “This is an amazing party. Thanks for everything.” Twilight hugged Pinkie Pie in gratitude. “But I won’t be staying here, I have to leave for Chantalot tomorrow. I have to return to my studies.” Twilight informed it was clear it hurt her.

“Why?” Pinkie Pie asked. “Couldn’t you do your studies here. You said ‘Friendship is Magic’, wouldn’t it better to study that magic, friendship, here in Magiville with your friends?” she continued in complete and utter innocence as she returned the hug. “Look a light-bulb!” Pinkie Pie stated slightly excited referring to something that appeared above Twilight’s head after she asked Twilight why she could not stay in Magiville.

Twilight ended the hug with a huge smile on her face. “Pinkie, you are a genius!” Twilight exclaimed as she hugged the jester again and then bolted to find Princess Celestia.

Pinkie Pie pulled a scroll and a pencil, she unrolled it, revealing a list of names almost impossibly long, “And that makes 9001.” she said as she penciled ‘Twilight Sparkle’ at the end the list of names. She rolled it back up and put it and the pencil back into her hair. She turned to see Princess Luna was having a hard time dancing. Luna seemed to be missing the beat and was starting to bring the circle to a halt. “Well, better help her out.” Pinkie Pie then skipped toward the break in the dance circle.


Princess Celestia was sitting on the ground under a tree looking over the entire town, watching the fruits of her labors, a mug of Sweet Apple Temple’s best cider in her right hand, a smile on her face. The smile she wore belonged to one that has sacrificed all his or her dreams to make a place so that others dreams can be made not only possible but far greater than the those could be on their own and see that the sacrifices have been repaid a thousandfold in just one day, it was the smile of a true queen. She looked to her left as Twilight approached her. “Take a note, Sweet Apple Temple’s cider is the best I have ever had,” she said as she took a swig of her cider.

“In years?” Twilight asked as she sat down joining Celestia on the Arc Mage's left a little baffled at the statement.

“CENTURIES!” Celestia shouted in what Twilight noted was a rather unprincesslike manner as she thrust her right arm into the air. “Here, drink up!” Celestia said as she levitated to Twilight another mug she had with her. Twilight was taken aback, normally Celestia conducted herself in a clearly regal manner. But Twilight decided to write it off as Celestia being caught up in the celebration. She elected to humor Celestia and drink. After having a swig, “Um Twilight, you have some foam on your face.” Celestia the wiped the foam off Twilight’s face motherly. “I wonder how many barrels I can order?” Celestia said mostly to herself. “There are, like, nine, ten months until the Gala.”

Twilight took a breath, “Um Princess, I have a…” Twilight start clearly unsure what to say and how to say it.

Celestia turned to Twilight, her attitude shifted from being cheerful to one that was clearly concerned, “Yes?” Celestia asked as she put her mug down. “You look distraught.”

“I am fine… but it’s…” Twilight gulped and stopped. She looked down at her waist and saw the tiara with the recreated Element of Magic as its main jewel. She grabbed it and held it out to Celestia. “This is yours. I had to use it to…” Twilight trailed off.

Celestia pushed it back to Twilight, closing Twilight’s hand around it. “The Element of Magic is yours’s now Twilight. If you and your friends want me to, I will take the elements back to Chantalot with me to house in the vaults, given their nature.” Celestia then leaned close into Twilight’s ear as if she was going to conspire with her apprentice. “I have at least a baker’s dozen of those tiaras.” the Arch-Mage whispered. She leaned back and gave a soft laugh.

Twilight also laughed but it was a little more forced, but she realized that this was likely her last chance to voice her idea, “Speaking about Chantalot…” Twilight started. “I was wondering…” She took another pause and a breath as she closed her eyes. “Can I stay here?” she finally stated and slowly opened her eyes to see Celestia looked like she was pondering as she held her chin.

Celestia turned to Twilight, “Might I inquire to why?”

Twilight took a moment, “My next research project, and first true field research project.” Twilight started as she closed her eyes. “Six regular humans, I among them, working together not only defeated a corrupted demigoddess bent on making an eternal night but enabled her to return to her original state using the magic of…” Twilight paused for a second. “Friendship. With that experience, I feel as though this type of magic needs better understanding and thus I wish to further study it.” Twilight opened her eyes to see Celestia smile at her.

“And to better study the whole it requires understanding each of the pieces?” Celestia asked with a twinkle of pride in her eyes.

“Yes. And only here, in Magiville, can I get the most authentic and sincere information for my research on the topic.” Twilight answered with a small smile of confidence growing on her face.

Celestia placed her left hand on Twilight’s right shoulder, “You’re going to need research partners, friendship is not something one can engage in alone. Nor is it something that can be rushed. I don’t want your usual weekly reports. I want reports not from only you, but from Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy and only when a lesson has been learned. Now depending on things proceed I might expand your research team to include more in the future, but those are the terms.” Celestia said calmly and softly but with a firmness in her voice that Twilight could tell was not only there but non-negotiable.

Twilight nodded, “I accept the terms, I still need to clear it with…” Twilight started as she was about to get up.

Celestia used her hand to pull Twilight back down, “Wait until after the party as you can see they are all busy at the moment.” Celestia said as she gestured to the dance circle where Pinkie Pie was helping Luna keep pace with the music. Applejack and Rainbow Dash were in the actual center engaging in a dance-off and while it was clear Rainbow was the better in more flamboyant dances, Applejack was clearly going to keep this going all night long exhausting her Skyborn competitor. Off to the side, a drunken Fluttershy was weaving her way looking for Spike all the while the little dragon was in Rarity’s lap, being pet by the enchantress. “Say Twilight, why were you looking into Nightmare Moon in the first place?” Celestia asked calling her apprentice's attention back to her.

Twilight closed her eyes, “Well you said I needed to read more fiction than ‘Daring Do’ so I read what was considered fiction.” Twilight answered uneasily.

Celestia blinked at the answer, “I was referring to things like Shining Armor’s adventure novels, Cadance’s … for lack of a better word... smut and Spike's comic books and graphic novels, not ‘The Complete Anthology of the Myths, Legends and Folktales of Mystica.’” Celestia commented. Twilight only gave a weak ‘teehee’ in response. Celestia shook her head at this. “Well, at least it got you to act to confront Nightmare Moon on your own and gave you some information to work with.” Celestia took another drink of her cider.

As the two continued to watch the party something struck Twilight “You knew all this would come to pass. That the Elements of Harmony would not destroy Nightmare Moon but redeem her.” Twilight surmised.

“Yes and no, I knew all of you would be able to use the Elements of Harmony and that you all would restore Luna, but the Elements of Harmony don’t ‘zap people good’,” Celestia said the last part with fingers making quotations. “But what they do is restore a balance. I could not restore Luna but I could stop the disharmony that Nightmare Moon threatened to make, it meant destroying the harmony between Luna and me, but it had to be done.” Celestia said lamentingly. But before Twilight could respond Celestia jumped to her feet. “Come on, let's show these Plebeians how to really dance. Woohoo!” Celestia cheered as she pulled a clearly befuddled Twilight along.

Meanwhile, “Bon Bon! Bon Bon! Where are you?” Lyra called out looking for her… ‘best friend’.


Epilogue: The Nightmare Lingers

In the deepest parts of the Chantalot place, Special Agent Sweetie ‘Bon Bon’ Drops passed the last door into the deep vaults. Housed here were the remnants of the most dangerous weapons ever used against Mystica during Celestia’s reign. A bar of melted bell-bronze with the herald of the lords of Tambelon, a jar with the ashes of the only copies of both the recipe of witchweed and the blueprints for the machine to make it, powdered glass from a crystal ball and other things.

“Well, while Gloom Mark still needs to be recovered, welcome to your new home.” Sweetie Drops said to a jar with a gray eggshell like pieces that seem to merge together. She placed it on an empty shelf where it could not be even accidentally knocked over. She then placed a plaque near it, it read ‘Essence of Nightmare’. “Make yourself comfortable, you’re going to be here for a long time.” Sweetie Drops then left the vault and secured it.

After the vault door was shut, within the jar two red eyes appeared. “Not as long as you think.” A reduced version of Nightmare Moon’s voice is heard. “I’ll be back, Luna. I’ll be back” As the red eyes shut, “That enchantress will do nicely.” Nightmare Moon whispered.

Author's Note:

And it is over, well this story anyway. For the more slice of life and such check out dracone's My Little Mages: After Effects. I'll be back with more of the series more... epic... stories soon, lets see what's next on the list...

"Well that would be me."

Who said th... oh no... its
DISCORD!!!
...


Well I hope you enjoy this, more to come... hopefully sooner rather than later...

Comments ( 62 )

Just a little reminder, in the series proper her name is Princess Cadance. While her full name is Mi Amore Cadenza, and a lot of authors made the mistake of spelling her name "Cadence" just you have here, a little reminder it's 'Cadance' (despite what spellchecker says. I tried fixing it in the editing portion but changed back after I gave my contributions. If anyone still doubts me, click the link to her info on the official wiki.

It's still a fun read, I just did all that because of a number of reasons, some of which have to do with my stories and personality.

Ah, what a nice conclusion! Very wordy and detailed, nice to read and satisfying.

Loved the part when NM shouts "the fun has been doubled" causing Twilight to hint the presence of Luna inside the demigoddess.

The part with the Elements's distribuition was a little static, but there's not much that it can be done with it to make it more dynamic. But hearing the six mind-connected girls shouting, during a mystical and epic trascendance, "taste the rainbow" was priceless!!!

Really moving the scene with Twilight inside Luna and NM's mind with the lullaby. And so the encounter of the two sisters.

The big party was good, even with Celestia blocking prematurely a lesson zero episode, and the drunk Fluttershy XD

And now, yours truly will wait the next chapters of this story with trepidation.

PS: the song that continues to sound with Pinkie's element will be important in the future, am I right?

7537247 I am glad you like the story. Yeah I admit the announcement of the Elements and their beats was a little underwhelming, but it did serve a nice break. My favorite part in was when Twilight said she bears Friendship and everyone is stupified.

I like to use songs when I can, this far I have been able to use Lullaby for a Princess and Luna's Reply... Hoping to use other songs... I do intend to use The Smile l, my self in a later story, but hopefully I can convince dracone use it in the Pinkie Pie chapter.

While I get why the show had Twilight in so many episodes as she is the main character of the series, and as fun and horrorifing Lesson Zero was, I firgured Celestia was not the one to set the schedule and here was a great place to avoid Twilight being shoehorned. I did enjoy drunk Fluttershy but in that part was Celestia trying to show what is behind the riyal mask to Twilight and Twilight is oblivious to it.

Now for the 'Fun has been doubled' I was not just allowing Twilight to sense Luna, but I was trying to show Luna was fighting back. I look forward to seeing how you will react when Discord enters the picture

So, Princess Celestia has "a baker's dozen" of vaults that contain dangerous magical artifacts, which are collected and placed there by secret agents?

If I could, I would include a video link to a key line from the show I'm guessing that is a reference to.

7537911 Sorry for the confusion but Celestia has a baker's dozens of tiaras. There is nothing like this in the show proper but there is a line like that in the story this is a reboot of, Brassheart's The Nightmare's Return

7537973 No. I wasn't referring to Friendship is magic. I was mistaken due to my misunderstanding, but I thought that it was a reference to Warehouse 13.

7538030 lt is alright. No it was not a reference to Warehouse 13, I just like to use the term baker's dozen when I can and it fits the narrative...

7605206 I do/did use an editor, it just becomes more apparent in later chapters... But yeah I should revisit Ch. 1...

good story i like it alot, as i was read about nightshade the first time she is was talk about i had feeling she was related to rainbow dash
for the tantabus, i truly though he was going to be related to twilight not pinkie pie but i like how it went,
as for twilight, i like how she was over all as well as all the other chars, it was great story

7814892 I never said Pinkie was messing with Rainbow here. This is her without her own inhibitions.

7855200 :rainbowhuh:.... that's clearly a pun and most likely a cleaver one... but I don't actually get it...... but I am going to say 'yes, you can say that' and go about my day

Comment posted by Shadow Star deleted Jan 15th, 2017
Comment posted by Foxhelm deleted Jan 15th, 2017
Comment posted by Shadow Star deleted Jan 15th, 2017

7855200 OHHHH I get it now... yes, we can say that.

7975285 This is many based off of Didj's fan art 'My Little Mages', click the here to view his DeviantArt gallery page.

8095741 well she is working with traitors and forgien powers that tried to take her throne during her exile and she wants the populace on her side...

8095772 well to be fair, Nightmare Moon might bot know about the bird in question.

Well, Nightmare Rarity is a thing. I honestly love her though.

I like what you've done. It gets a little wordy with the descriptions sometimes, but it's good, enjoyable, and solid. I also enjoy how there are differences in their characters, perhaps due to this world working under a slightly different set of rules.

8100925 another part of the differences is because I was trying to incorporate more of the season 2, 3, 4 and 5 character development because the Season 1 and Series opener kind of fell short in the second episode. Glad you enjoyed the work.

8219969
No problem :) just happened to be the thing I noticed off the bat

7537247
About the PS, the song in question is the Smile song. See Enchanted Enigma Elixir

8245906
That's one reference. Did you get the other one. Hint it's in the first chapter

8262192
Never considered Chrono Trigger, but I approve!

8394295
Flash not being a background character. Also, his introduction feels like a setup for something later. Maybe not in this story but just later in general.

8395094
Ah, the mathematicians answer.

8395179
it's more about who raised you, dearie

8395177
"Press Z or R Twice"

8468290
When ever I read I story like this a put my oc into this.

no cover art for this one? i'd love to see a nightmare moon version in your world

8472704
need permission from Didj first

you no you could get someone to read the story's with voice acting the charterers and pot it on youtube?

8614686
I would like to, but I am not in a place where I have the means to. Ideally I would cas The Lost Narrator for AJ and RD, Magpiepony for Pinkie .... not quite sure who else for the other roles... but thank you for saying it's good enough to have an audio drama form.

Okay. Finished reading the whole story. I LOVED IT!!!!!!:pinkiehappy:

“Haha, the fun has been doubled.” Nightmare Moon shouted like a girl thrusting her right arm into the air.

Oh my god no

8694195
Thats fine. I stole it too from somwhere.

8695069
Titans GO!! or: barers GO!!

8776314
Lol. Go watch an episode of Gen 1 and compare it. They're the exact same. I only caught it when I watched that episode on my second playthrough of the series. Had to go back and replay it a few times just to sink in :rainbowlaugh:

Is this series based off of anything

8843719
It's a humanize do retelling of My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic, with my focus more on the season openers, finales, EQG, etc.

8843729
Okay because I was a sort of Dungeons and Dragons vibe from it

Login or register to comment