• Published 17th Mar 2016
  • 2,573 Views, 38 Comments

Frienimies - Melody_Wings



When Fluttershy goes into the Everfree to pick some berries for her date, she finds an unconscious pony near death. Normally, she would help them straight away but there is just one problem... It's King Sombra.

  • ...
5
 38
 2,573

Chapter 5

Author's Note:

I have returned, everypony! I'm SOO SORRY FOR NOT PUBLISHING ANY CHAPTERS. I WILL SOON FINISH MY EXAMS AND I WILL BE FREE! :fluttershysad::raritycry: Anyway, positive criticism is more than welcome. :twilightsmile: Also, sorry that it is so short... :twilightsheepish: I will try to extend it next time. Anyway, enjoy! :raritywink:
Disclaimer: no matter how many stars I wish on, I never will own MLP. :fluttercry:

Sombra was known for many things, great and terrible things they were, but falling out of consciousness was not one of them. 'At least no one saw,' he thought to himself but then angrily realised that the little filly had been watching him when he fainted. He inwardly groaned, 'Great! Now she'll think that I'm weak!'


His mind ambled to the memory of eavesdropping the mares' conversation. 'Why did she lie to them?' Sombra wondered. 'She could have given me in but why didn't she?' A warm feeling spread through his body. Suddenly, he felt a warm breath on hison his face and groggily opened one eye to be met with a golden-and-crimson pair baring into him.

"Discord, stop it! You're scaring him!" came a weak voice in the distance. Sombra yelped and tried to get away from the death glare but failed as he was strapped to a chair. He looked at the creature again and his eyes widened in shock and then, recognition.

"Discord?" he said, not believing his eyes. "Is that really you?"

"Sombra." Discord snarled in return, gaze dropping to the floor. "You. Me. Talk. Later." He teleported out of the bedroom, growling, leaving the confused unicorn and the even more confused pegasus alone.


Said pegasus immediately galloped up to Sombra and began freeing him of his bindings. "Are you alright?" she asked him, as her teal eyes met the crimson ones. "Yeah..." he grunted, shrugging off the rope. She gasped, looking at him with wide eyes. "That's the first time you had actually spoke to me!" she whispered, her eyes not leaving his for a second. Sombra found himself being mesmerised in her clear teal orbs so innocently gazing back at him and getting closer and closer and....


"Sombra?" her voice softly called him back into reality. "Are you alright?"

"Huh?" he said. "Yes, I'm fine..."

"I'm sorry about Discord. He can be a really big meanie sometimes..."

"You got the right..." he muttered.

"Huh?" Fluttershy said, confused by his comeback. "Do you know him?"

Sombra chuckled. "I know him alright."

"Were you friends?" she asked with wide eyes.


Fluttershy could not recall Discord telling her about his childhood at all. In fact, he never mentioned the time before he turned to stone. She wanted to ask him but a long time ago he told her it made him uncomfortable, speaking about it. She had never asked him since. The thought that Sombra knew about his past made her almost force him to spill the beans but she stopped herself out of politeness. She would seem like a stalker if she sudden started asking questions. She seemed to have gained his trust.


Sombra's gaze hardened and his eyes returned to the floor.

"Don't push it, filly," he muttered and then slowly trotted out of the bedroom, leaving Fluttershy watching him surprised and ashamed of herself for asking him such a touchy subject. She sighed and trotted out of the room to find Discord. Maybe he could explain Sombra's strange behaviour.

***

"No, no and again no!"
"Please?"
"He is not staying here and that is final!"
"But Discord, he's still hurt! Not to mention on the inside as well..."
"Don't be ridiculous!"
"What will your friends say?
"They don't have to know..."
"Oh, don't they now?"

Fluttershy found Discord stuffing his face with her home-made lemon muffins and the two had been arguing over the topic of a certain black unicorn with red eyes for the past fifeteen minutes.
"Please Discord? He's harmless without his magic!"
"Ha, never!"

Fluttershy then gave him her cute puppy eyes of doom. Discord finally gave in. "Fine... But only because I want to see Sun-Butt's face when she uncovers your lies," he said winking at her. "I still can't get used to her being my sister-in-law. It's kind of scary..." he muttered. Fluttershy giggled and then gave Discord a serious look. "Since he will be staying, you two might want to get along..." And with a look of sympathy, grabbed his paw and pulled the poor draconequus out of the kitchen.

***

"Remind me again why we are doing this..." muttered Sombra, trying to figure out how to stir his cup of green tea with a teaspoon without magic. "I thought that a tea party is the best way to get us all to know each other a bit better. and as Discord is staying here as Princess Celestia kindly asked him to leave the castle for a little while so you two need to be able to get along." The stallion and draconequus both groaned at this. "The things I do for you, Fluttershy," muttered Discord, turning his attention back to his own tea, turning it into hot chocolate.

"Sombra," said Fluttershy turning her attention to the unicorn on her left. "I have decided to let you stay here temporarily... But on one condition..." Sombra didn't bother to lift his head from the mug of tea. "You tell me why you were in the forest and everything you can remember about the time after we... You know what I mean, right?" Sombra's face had become ten shades lighter and sweat was running down the side of his face. 'No, he definitely isn't hiding something,' Fluttershy thought. 'Definitely not...'

Comments ( 14 )

MORE.................:flutterrage: um please

7288330 im really glad you are enjoying it btw: Big Macintosh will finally appear in the next chapter! :pinkiehappy: "eeyup." :eeyup:

Disclaimer: no matter how many stars I wish on, I never will own MLP. :fluttercry:

:rainbowlaugh: You and me both, kid! :rainbowlaugh:

Another amusing chapter. Nice!

7301626 Thanks for the nice feedback :pinkiehappy: I'll try to write more often and correct those small mistakes :twilightsmile:

7304344
Take your time, kid. I still need to work out the bugs in my own multi-chapter fic. Your story is good so far! :twilightsmile:

It's great to get back from something and find that a new chapter was made a few days ago! I don't care if it was short, it was still awsome! :pinkiehappy:

7318474 Thanks :twilightsmile: Chapter 6 will be up soon :pinkiehappy:

OMC SOOOOO GOOD!

More please if you... don't. .. um (shuffles hooves nervously) mind *squeak*

MORE NOW! please🥺🥺

This is great! Update please, I can't wait!

I'm heart broken to know that this story won't be finished.

It's well written)))

Login or register to comment