• Published 17th Mar 2016
  • 2,573 Views, 38 Comments

Frienimies - Melody_Wings



When Fluttershy goes into the Everfree to pick some berries for her date, she finds an unconscious pony near death. Normally, she would help them straight away but there is just one problem... It's King Sombra.

  • ...
5
 38
 2,573

Chapter 4

Author's Note:

Hi everypony! :pinkiehappy: Sorry for the wait, I only managed to upload this now as I lost access to the internet in my house:raritydespair: , I got this chapter from Fluttershyfan1 so thanks a lot :twilightsmile: Disclaimer: Sadly, I don't own My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic :fluttershysad:. Constructive criticism is welcome :raritywink: Muffin for the person who gets the Zuko reference (if you have no idea what I am talking about, ignore me) :derpytongue2:

A green flame lit up the crystal library room just as Twilight came trotting down the stairs. “Hi Spike!” she called, trying to balance a tall stack of books between her wings. The alicorn turned to her assistant with a smile and started levitating the books off her back.
“Its Princess Cadence! Probably something positive.”
“Read it out then, please!” said Twilight, now slotting the new books into spaces in the library. “He, hem…” Spike coughed unraveling the scroll and glancing briefly at the contents. The parchment trailed along the floor as Spike gave a look of pure horror. “Um, Twilight…” Spike said, shaking his head. “Princess Cadence has an awful lot to say, can I skim through it?”
“Fine, Spike.”
Spike cleared his thought once more and began skimming through the letter.

“Dear Twilight,
I hope you are doing fine… Blah blah blah… The Chrystal Empire has been… Blah blah blah… However, we would like your presence immediately… Blah blah blah… King Sombra has escaped… Blah blah-”
“WHAT?” roared the lavender alicorn, paling immediately.

She immediately ripped the letter out of Spike’s clutches with her magic and began reading through it quickly. “Oh, no…” she whispered. “Oh, no no no no NO!” she yelled. Twilight started dashing around the place with Spike calling out at her. “Twilight, calm down! Everything is going to be fine!”
“How can you say that?” she yelled in his face. “Sorry…” she muttered, sheepishly. “But still, Sombra’s missing. Cadence thinks he’s in Ponyville. My friends are completely unaware of what’s going on right now. Fluttershy’s acting all secretive and she missed yesterday’s picnic. And I have no idea what the buck is going on around he- OW!”

Twilight had been subconsciously rising as she panicked and had now hit her head on the ceiling, dropping to the floor. “Don't worry Twilight, lets just get your friends together and have a nice long discussion about this mess. I’m sure its nothing to worry about.”
“I guess you’re right, Spike” said Twilight, offering the dragon a weak smile. “I’ll go and get the girls…”

***

“WHAT?” That scary shadow monster is missing?”
“Are ya sure ya read that letter properly?”
“Darling, that can’t be possible!”

Rarity, Apple Jack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Spike and Twilight were walking along the streets of Ponyville and Twilight was telling them about the letter she had received. “He can’t be in Ponyville, we would have spotted him ages ago!” muttered Twilight, “And he probably won’t go to Canterlot if he just broke out of prison…”
“He could be anywhere in Equestria!”
“Be realistic, Spikey Wikey. He can’t teleport without his magic.”
“What if he’s in the Everfree?” piped up Pinkie Pie, looking up from her cake.
“That actually a good idea, Pinkie, What if he is there?” said Rarity, looking at Twilight for the answers.

“If he lost his magic thanks to Cadence, then that old punch bag won’t stand a day out there!” Rainbow Dash pointed out. Twilight sighed. “True, but we can’t be sure. He could be still there…”

“If anypony knows the Everfree Forest, it’s either Zecora or Fluttershy.” Apple Jack spoke up as they came up to Fluttershy’s cottage.

***

“Your right!” said the stage-hoof, frantically pushing his hooves through his rebellious mane. “Your right! But there might be somepony at the organ who can tell us how the stage ca-”

“Fluttershy? Darling are you home?”

‘Perfect,’ she groaned inwardly. She had just finished tending to Sombra and settled down for a lovely read when Rarity needed to see her. ‘Rarity!’ she yelped, jumping off the chair and hastily put the book onto the tiny appletree-wood table Apple Jack gave her as a birthday present many years ago. ‘She mustn’t know about Sombra or she’ll…”

Fluttershy had literally no idea as to why she was being so overprotective of Sombra but she swatted the thought away as she opened the door to see five faces looking back at her. “Hi…” she whispered, gulping at the thought of why they could be here. Rainbow was glaring and muttering under her breath, Twilight was looking calm yet scared, Rarity looked like she was about to faint, Apple Jack was chewing on her hat, Spike was trying to hide his nervousness by picking his claws and Pinkie… Well, Pinkie was bouncing around the group, singing and eating cake but that was nothing out of the ordinary.

Fluttershy invited them in and they sat around a large table. Twilight started the conversation in a loud yet raspy voice. “This morning I received a letter regarding something that must be brought to your attention.” Fluttershy held her breath as Twilight Sparkle spoke the last word that Fluttershy so desperately did not want to hear. “Sombra.” Fluttershy’s blood froze as she felt her heartbeat quicken. She glanced around the room, trying to take her mind off Sombra while the girls had started discussing what to do about him.

“Even if we manage to capture him, what could we possibly do against that monster?”

“Why don't we just beat the fleabag up?

“Am ah literally the only one thinking that capturing him is a bad idea…”

“Why don't we listen to Flutters here, she’s hardly said a word ever since we got here!” commented Rainbow Dash, crossing her hooves and giving Apple Jack a strong glare.

Six pairs of eyes had turned to Fluttershy, who began sweating nervously. Her chest heaved as she gazed into their eyes, mane slicked back with sweat.

“Darling, you don’t look so good, are you ok?” asked Rarity, concerned for her health. Fluttershy just nodded hurriedly.

“Well, Fluttershy… Have you seen anything in the Everfree Forest lately? Anything to do with King Sombra?”

Fluttershy gulped yet again…

***

Ouch… Those stupid tablets the filly… What was her name again? Flittershy, I think… Or was it Flutterby? Why am even bothering? Ow ow ow OW OW! Stupid headache! It’s worse than the time I took an overdose in crystal beer with Lovey-Dove. Celestia, that night was priceless! At least I took it better than her… SHUT UP BRAIN! SHE’S NOT YOUR MAREFRIEND ANYMORE, SHE’S MARRIED FOR BUCK’S SAKE! FORGET ABOUT HER FOR ONCE!

He pounded his hoof against the bed, only to find himself tumbling off the bed and landing in a heap of pillows and blankets on the floor. Grumbling, he tried to get up only to find himself wrapped up tight like a inside a cocoon. Seriously? he thought attempting a face-hoof yet finding he couldn't, so he banged his head against the floor. Ugh! He thought, rolling onto his side. Why am I always humiliated? At least that filly isn’t here…

Suddenly, he heard his name being spoken underneath the floorboards from somewhere behind the door. He pressed his ear to the floor and heard several voices arguing about something. And most of them were mares. Sombra swore and cursed the blanket whilst rolling around the floor but, unsurprisingly, nothing happened. Soon he managed to crawl- correction, roll up to the door and press his ear to it. What he heard greatly surprised him…

***

“So, have ya?”

Fluttershy decided to follow the advice Twilight gives her when she gets a problem. So, she assessed the situation. On one hoof, she shouldn’t betray her friends, she knows better than putting whole empires at was because of her but on the other… She’d feel terrible if she had offered refuge to Sombra and then just handed him over to the enemy. So she just thanked Celestia that she wasn’t the element of honesty.

“Sombra’s free? Oh my goodness! Are my animals safe?”

“So you haven’t?”

“Nope, nothing, no, zilch-”

“OK, chill Flutters, whatever you say.”

Fluttershy smiled, trying to cover up her shaking hooves and flustered face. As soon as they left, she let out a deep breath and settled down on the sofa with her book but, yet again, someone knocking on the door interrupted her. She groaned, and opened the door prepared for anything but froze when her teal eyes met some yellow and red ones. She immediately flew up and started hugging the life out of a startled draconequus. “DISCORD! I’ve missed you SO MUCH!” she squeaked as she buried herself in his fur. He just grinned and stroked her mane, “I’ve missed you too, Flutter Butter.”

When she finally stopped crushing him, they entered the house and sat down on the sofa together. “How’s Luna,” asked Fluttershy grinning broadly from ear to ear as she poured chamomile tea for both of them. “Oh, moon-butt is bearable but I always manage to calm her down with my charms.”

“I’m sure you do,” Fluttershy giggled. They chatted for sometime before Discord excused himself for nature’s reasons. She smiled happily as she thought of the time she had first met Discord. However, her train of thoughts was interrupted with a shriek coming from upstairs. Whatever could be the matter? thought Fluttershy as she cantered up the stairs. She froze when she saw what was going on. Blankets and pillows were scattered over the floor and the room to Sombra’s room was open. And the thing that a very angry Discord was holding up by the scruff of its neck was Sombra. And he looked remotely terrified. “Care to explain what he’s doing here?” Discord yelled, indicating to the shaking pony. Fluttershy gulped.