• Published 23rd Feb 2016
  • 193 Views, 0 Comments

A Lying Griffon - Fateful Pony



A griffon, known as Gaffold, finally pays for his misdeeds.

  • ...
 0
 193

Consequences

The day was grim and cloudy, the streets of Manehattan, the metropolis that was once under Gaffold’s claws, all stripped away within what felt like minutes. Still donning his suit, even after months of homelessness, was his only reminder of him being the top dog- formerly so.

He carried a rucksack, unconcerned of how it may dirty his suit. The streets felt solemn, empty. As he walked, every citizen that knew him, all gave him looks of disappointment or merely sulked at him.

Then, night bestowed its gaze onto Manehattan, Gaffold sitting in his tent, burdened by the growing chill in the air. The alleyways were pitch black and neglected of any maintenance.

“My tongue… unable to help me escape the Judicial System…” He mumbled to himself, for he had no more allies. “My connections, wealth, gone… My identity, soiled with no chance of return…!” He set a barrel alight and chanced at warming up next to it, but the flames could not alleviate the chill he felt. “How…? How did she find out? Enchante’, my own executive, caught me in my lies… my pursuit of bits… over.”

He sat quietly until the urge to speak, to no one but himself, rose again. “I… I must disappear… I’ve no place here any longer. I must pursue a new purpose. Within the morning, I shall go. I don’t know where, but I will leave. Perhaps from Equestria, not with money, but with my legs…”

With his final thoughts crossing his mind, he retired to his tent, eating a stale pack of crackers to prevent starvation.

And so morning came.

Just like that, the brightly colored homeless Griffon everyone became so used to seeing day to day… disappeared, without a trace. But no one cared- the residents thought nothing of it. But this was not to the surprise of Gaffold. He ventured on, surviving on garbage and- unfortunately, small animals. Soon, he became accustomed to such a… cave pony lifestyle, but that did not reduce the feeling of loss he suffered as he ventured beyond.

A Great Griffon no longer… merely one that vanished into the busy streets of other towns, until his presence was no longer acknowledged whatsoever, not even by the most curious of souls.

Where has he gone?

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment