• Published 23rd Feb 2016
  • 193 Views, 0 Comments

A Lying Griffon - Fateful Pony



A griffon, known as Gaffold, finally pays for his misdeeds.

  • ...
 0
 193

A Dirty Move

The Equestrian State Building, or ESB, was home to one of the richest Griffons in Manehattan. The building, constructed with mighty golden trims and made almost completely of glass, with only some forms of metal composing the most vital parts of it. It was in the very heart of the modernized metropolis that was Manehattan.

In the office on floor fifty, sat the Griffon in question. A Griffon of a very rare breed; feathers that had colors that would burn as bright as the sun, and the suit he wore was not unlike that of himself. Brightly colored yellow, and a red-iron badge right over his bosom. His hat- a fedora, was bright red with black professional glasses serving as an additional accessory.

As for the Griffon himself, he was a professional in the arts of charisma, and quite adept at talking ponies out of their wallets. He showed no mercy in the locomotive industry, as was his line of work. He believed that- to be successful, one must lash at their challenges, with wit and aptitude. And, as it were, he was the most successful within this trade. No one could con him out of not even a single coin. An unbeatable force of wealth and influence.

He sat in his like-colored chair, looking beyond the puny buildings below his in both expense and stature, it brought a smile to his beak. As he gazed below, he heard his door brought ajar by hopefully another client. As he turned about, he laid his eyes upon a mare of which he’s never seen before. She was a lovely light pink color with a sky blue mane. She bore amethyst eyes, and a lustrous turquoise dress as a cutie mark.

“Welcome to the ESB.” He greeted. “My name is Gaffold, the CEO and owner of this establishment.” He reached out to shake her hoof.

“Good morning Mr. Gaffold. I am Magistra.” She returned his gesture.

“A pleasure. Please, have a seat.”

“Thank you.”

As she made herself comfortable, he continued on, ready to make use of his Silver Tongue- as it was known. “Are you looking to purchase a vehicle?”

“On the behalf of me and my husband, yes.”

“What are you looking for?”

“Something cheap and reliable- something for the family.”

“Well, Magistra, as you know, we do not sell cheap.”

They both shared a friendly chuckle.
“I’m well aware of how many zeroes you like to add to the price tags.” She jested. “But, knowing how… well versed you are, I figured you would like to make deals as well. You don’t make your products expensive for no reason!”

“That much is correct.” He brought a cup of dark coffee to his beak and sipped before placing it back down. “So, what kind of car are you searching for? A minivan? Station Wagon?”

“Oh goodness no. Those vehicles are rather shabby looking! I would like a sedan, preferably.”

“The cheapest one- but one of the most reliable, is our 1995 Honda Accord at a mere 3,000 bits.” He explained as his eyes crossed a document on his desk. In truth, the price was only one thousand bits, but that detail- the right one- was what he didn’t want her, or any pony for that matter, to know.

“It’s that much? How… expensive.”

“We will throw in a four year warranty and a starters insurance plan for free if that sweetens the deal for you, my dear.”

“Well… it is tempting… okay. I will fill the paperwork and pay with a check, yes?”

“However you please.”

After an hour, or what felt like an hour, the transaction was complete. He made his bits (perhaps more than he should have), and a mare with a new vehicle satisfied.




Only months later though, his falsified information had been uncovered by one of his executives named Enchante’, while cleaning his office as he departed the building on a Friday, also discovering that he has been cheating ponies of their bits since day one! Staggered, she brought this to the attention of her coworkers, and labeling him as a fraudulent business owner.
Rumors turned into eventual truth, and he was exposed. He was due to go to court only days after the discovery has been released, and today, on a Tuesday, he stood in the courtroom with nervousness plaguing his mind.

After being judged, he was sentenced to three years, considering how long his crimes have been committed. After being released, he was stripped of his belongings and Business License.
After his foothold in the world had been lost due to an accidental discovery, he was unable to maintain his once lavish lifestyle, and lost his residence, now condemned to the streets with no hope of change.

He paid the price- an expensive one.