• Published 28th Feb 2016
  • 920 Views, 0 Comments

A Maximal Crusader - Jongoji245



Apple Bloom is grounded for the weekend, and needs to get her history assignment done. After helping Cosgrove on a stake out, her sister suggests to visit Cosgrove's family. What harm would it be to know him a little more?

  • ...
11
 0
 920

Epilogue

Darkness and silence, before his brain picked up a faint beep. A few seconds later, another beep, then several more in rhythm. He opened his eyes, back to the safety of a hospital bed, looking down to see his bandaged chest. Cosgrove was just about to take another deep breath when a pair of light tan arms wrapped around him.

“Hey, hey! Take it easy, Dapplewood.” He said in a shallow tone, looking at the door to see his parents walk into his room, sitting down in a couple chairs to be at his level.

“You are such a trooper.” Said Claire, placing her hand on her oldest son - "You've been out for two days."

The teenager widened his eyes, taking in the news of being out of the loop.

“You’ve” - Cosgrove shuffled to an upright position before being pushed back down by his father - “stopped what happened from reaching the press?”

Clamp Jaw nodded, “But we still need to address who attacked you and Apple Bloom.”

At the waiting room, Detective Horsetails was writing down the information regarding the two monsters that attacked Apple Bloom and Cosgrove. The Crusader held a sketchbook, drawing the best figures she could remember.

“Those two,” - Apple Bloom applied shading to the drawing - “they had an insignia I’ve never seen before.”

With damaged limbs, Cosgrove managed his best to sketch out their insignia, appearing to be at best the head of a demonic ram.

“Thank you for this information.” Said the detective as she took the sketchbook.

The masters of the Thunderfoot house left the room before the man turned around to the bed - “Would you like to see your visitors, son?”

Cosgrove looked down; With a fantastic night of getting his body busted, bruised and scarred, comfort is the best course of action. “Yes, please.”

The father moved outside, closing the door on the way. Cosgrove looked to find his brother glaring at him. “I’d suspect you kept the lines open?”

Dapplewood took out his cell phone, scrolled through his records before playing, “‘You?’”

“‘And Sweetie Belle… and Scootaloo...’”

Just as Dapplewood turned off the phone, Cosgrove looked straight ahead, saying, “And... she is sorry…”

The boy turned to find Apple Bloom at the door, stepping forward to look down at the youngest member of the family. Dapplewood blinked once, revealing his beast mode’s eyes as he hissed like a rat cornered to a wall. Responses to posts regarding his information were as severe those posted about Derpy, Twist, Pipsqueak, Golden Caramel and the like. And being a young man whose actions are much louder than words, it was a matter of time before he would unleash his fury.

“You have a right to be mad,” - The young farmer saw Dapplewood’s fists curl up - “I wouldn’t blame you.”

The youngest Maximal curled his lips even further, grabbed Apple Bloom by her shirt, and aimed his free fist at her head. The youngest Apple didn’t beg him to stop, just looking at him with the same guilty eyes. Dapplewood blinked again, returning his eyes back to their normal, slowly lowering his fist before pushing her back. Still giving her a frustrated look, he pointed to himself, swung his hand around before raising it up and pointing to her. Sparing the beatdown relieved Apple Bloom, but not by much.

Back at the living room, the Thunderfoot parents joined up with their neighbors and their school principals. Lion Tamer studies the drawn insignia.

“I know this insignia…” - The middle-aged man placed the sketchbook on the coffee table - “The insignia of the Tambelon Predacons.”

The two principals shuddered at that name, drawing the police officers faces with concern.

“I thought that school was closed.” Said VP Luna, looking at her older sister.

“So have I.” - Celestia parted two of the blinds, spying the tranquil neighborhood before looking the other way - “Grogar never had the chance to declare them his own intellectual property before his reported death.”

“Whatever,” - Rainbow Dash flicked her wrist - “fifteen of us against two of them, it would be a piece of cake!” - Rainbow’s boast wasn’t met with cheering - “What? It’s true.”

“Why stop at two?” Said Twilight.

The thought alone made Pinkies hair deflate as she took a gulp.

“The Maximals…” Added Rarity

“And the Predacons…” Said Fluttershy, twisting her pink hair as the thought ran through her

The Maximals themselves looked at each other before Chelsey finished, “We got a beast wars on our hands…”

An old soldier himself, Tremor removed his glasses, pinching the bridge of his nose. “This is a very dangerous development.”

Celestia and Luna turned around, the former asking, “What will you require of us?”

Clamp Jaw turned to their younger generation - “I would require that you lay low.”

Sunset stepped forward, “Mr. Thunderfoot, if the past is any indication, we may be the only defense against what’s coming.”

Clamp Jaw furrowed his brow, “Then I suggest you all get your act together,” - he pointed to the east - “Or they will.”

With the room door open, Applejack took a peek as Dapplewood looked aloof to her sister. “Apple Bloom.”

Hearing her name, Apple Bloom stood up and walked to her sister.

“Get well soon, okay?” Asked Applejack. receiving an answer with a nod before Cosgrove drifted off into sleep once more.

The end of the next school day began the sentence. The Crusaders sat in desks populating a gray room, trying to avoid the curious look from Discord. Usually, his room is cluttered with useless junk, but with what happened by three sophomore students, the best works of art free of distraction. But ultimately, detention was a relief compared to the glares and backtalk from classmates both their age and older. It’s only with a presence of a Rainboom or Maximal nearby that they haven’t gotten hurt by Garble, Gilda, or the Diamond Dogs.

The Draconequus’ duplicate looked at the clock before saying, “I shall see you again tomorrow.”

Grabbing their belongings, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo exited the empty school, looking out to find the cars of their respective relatives. As their friends took different routes to their homes, Applejack shifted her head slightly, noticing her sister holding her head with one arm. When they got back to their home, following the silence of the engine, the eldest sister took a deep breath.

"Apple Bloom," - her sister shifted her head a little - "When things are at their darkest, that's when you look for the light."

The two entered their house, Applejack watching Apple Bloom slowly walk up the stairs to her room. Having done her homework while in detention, she sat on her bed, looking down on the floor.

Back at the hospital entrance, a wheeled figure looked at the large building.

"Not so tough now are you?" He sneered before retreating to the shadows.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment