• Published 1st Oct 2015
  • 2,709 Views, 38 Comments

Wings- A Difficult Experience - Crimson_Moon



Twilight Sparkle is one of the brightest mares in Equestria, both in knowledge and friendship. For some reason however, the mare's wings are doing their best to destroy her sanity.

  • ...
10
 38
 2,709

Celestia's Tour

"I really am sorry, Twilight!" Celestia begged. After eating just one bite of the ashes the Princess tried to pass off as pancakes, her student went into a coughing fit, and had to drink 3 gallons' worth of water just to calm down her taste-buds.

"I know, you told me the first few dozen times!" To be fair, ever since then, the pearl Alicorn made it her duty to know she was sorry.

After Twilight yelled, silence filled the room. Looking over at Celestia, you could easily tell why. Her face was a mix between startled and confused. Did-Did she just yell at me? It wasn't long after that thought when the purple mare's face offered a look of terror on her face in response. "O-Oh my, I'm sorry Princess! Please don't send me to magic kindergarten on the moon! I CAN'T BREATHE ON THE MOON!!!" She scrambled toward her teacher's forelegs, begging and pleading. Celestia just rolled her eyes. Not this again...

She was about to explain as well as question how in Equestria that sentence uttered made sense, until she got an idea. You know what? I'm gonna have a little fun out of the remaining daylight still here! A unsettling and mischievous smirk adorned her muzzle, a look only one other sees frequently, especially during her Nightly pranking sessions. "Rise, my student." She said in the most serious tone she could muster. To be honest, Celestia had an extremely difficult time trying to keep out her snickers. Twilight opened her mouth, getting ready to defend herself. Perfect timing! the Princess thought. "No, Twilight. Yelling at me was going too far." Every word uttered sent another chill down the young Alicorn's spine. "Your punishment shall be far worse than my magic moon kindergarten!" This was it...

"My punishment for you..."

She closed her eyes, bearing for the worst.

"Shall be..."

Despite the now shaking body, Twilight was ready to receive any punishment befitting her yelling at Celestia.

"Showing me a tour of Ponyville!"

Wait...What? That was it? The big punishment, worse than being sent to the moon to learn basic math again? Confusion riddled her face. "B-but I...How is...What?"

"Oh Twilight," Celestia chuckled. "I can never be angry at you for speaking your mind!" She wrapped her wings around the young ruler. "We're family! Or did you already forget that your brother married my loving niece?" Celestia smiled that smile again- the one she hides so well from everypony else.

"Oh yeah, I forgot." She chuckled nervously. "Well if that's the case, I can tell the mayor to prepare for a surprise tour, and maybe get my friends to help-" Twilight was silenced by a raised white hoof, still free from its golden regalia.

"No, Twilight. I want you, and only you to give me a tour. After all, It's your punishment..."


It was a few minutes later, and Twilight was still wary that Celestia outright refused to put her golden regalia on. The bandages still shone in the bright light, blending in with the already radiant white fur the small white pony standing next to her was covered in. On agreement, they both thought that something a bit smaller and inconspicuous would be better, lest they draw attention to themselves. After a quick spell, the horn and wings on the alicorn's body disappeared, and Celestia shrank down to Twilight's height. Completing the transformation, her mane dropped the extra springtime blue and green colors, becoming a creamy pink, similar to Fluttershy's mane and tail.

"We-*Ahem*" Celestia cleared her throat. "Well Twilight, should we get going? After all, we only have a little bit of daylight left!" Twilight was stunned at the new voice. It was lighter, and more upbeat than the motherly and deep tone she was used to. It's so beautiful... she thought. Wait, did I really say that in my head? Her wings twitched a bit. Shaking her head clear of those random thoughts, Twilight smiled. "Alright, Celestia. Let's start our tour over at, um..." She looked around, wondering where to start. Buildings big and small surrounded them, mixed with tans and browns that covered the houses and huts dotted everywhere. Suddenly, she spotted a very large cupcake-looking spire poking out from above the sea of hay roofs.

"How's about I make up for my *Ahem* unsavory breakfast meal, and we can get a treat at Sugarcube Corner?" Twilight offered with a smile.

"Gladly!" Celestia smiled back.


A few minutes of trotting, and the duo found themselves in front of the doors to Ponyville's infamous bakery. Many ponies in town don't find it odd, but for the odd traveler or two, Sugarcube Corner has a reputation, mostly due to a certain pink pony frequently making sweet treats and planning parties in the average sized building. Celestia knew this, and though she would regret her decision later, decided to test Pinkie's boundaries when it came to humor. She is the element of Laughter, but nopony has the pranking knowledge much like my sister and I do! She thought. I am curious as to what levels of "Crazy" she could get up to... Celestia did know quite a bit thanks to her ex-student's letters over the years, but nothing described the full extent of that craziness. Regardless, the disguised princess along with the newly crowned one entered the infamous abode, and little did Twilight know that Celestia was hatching a plan to test Pinkie's level of crazy on the Crazy Scale.

Once they entered, Pinkie did her standard greeting to any and all ponies, griffons, dragons, and other creatures that entered the doors to the bakery... "Welcome to Sugarcube corner! What'll it...be..." Her smile turned into a neutral expression for a split second, before she gasped dramatically and rushed over to the mare standing next to Twilight. "WHO IS YOUR FRIEND, TWILIGHT?!" she yelled right in the disguised alicorn's face.

"Oh, her? She's um... A friend!" Twilight smiled nervously.

Pinkie turned towards her. "Uh-Huh! And...?!"

"And...um... from out of... town?"

"Go on! What's her name?!" Pinkie somehow found a notepad and quill and started jotting down everything Twilight said.

"Her name?" She stared towards Celestia, pleading for an answer from the probably now-deaf mare. Holy cow... She actually looks surprised! The pinpricks in Celestia's eyes gave it away, as well as the open jaw that was more than likely going to greet herself with a clever name. Then, for unknown reasons, Twilight turned just slightly, and stared at the flank with a Sun still adorned on it. Oh my, her flank is so... She shook her head. No! None of those thoughts! They keep popping up, but it's no time to keep them in here! Her cover is almost blown, so I better think of a name... Quickly!

Still staring at her ex-mentor's disguised tushy, she thought of a name. "Sunny..."

Then turning to face her friend, she continued, noticing Pinkie's- "Smiles?"

"Sunny Smiles?" She eyed suspiciously at Twilight's sweating brow and darting eyes.

"What a great name!" Phew!

The charade bought, Celestia was still sitting in stunned silence, this time with her jaw shut and her mind slowly turning its gears again. Well, that was certainly... unexpected, I'll give her that! But I'm not defeated yet, and this was just a test phase anyways. Yeah, that's it! A test phase! "Sunny Smiles" cackled maniacally out loud after her thoughts, putting a face of concern on Twilight, and Pinkie still just smiling and unaltered.

Note to self, have Luna sign Celestia up for Psychological evaluations after this...

"Well, she's new in town! You know what that means, Twilight!" Pinkie beamed, turning away from Sunny.

"No, I don't think that's a-"

"A PARTY!!!" Pinkie threw her forehooves in the air, and confetti magically popped out from behind her pink poofy mane.

Twilight facehoofed. Even though she said that her friend was from "Out of Town", Pinkie had no filter, and just heard "Friend" and "Town" and decided to throw a party anyways.

On the other end however, "Sunny Smiles" thought it was perfect for what she planned. No matter what happened at that party, somepony was getting pranked! Little did she know about Pinkie's knack for pranking just about anypony at any given time, earning her the Nickname "Pink Menace".


After a few more minutes of eating sugary treats from the Party Queen, the duo departed, and set out for somewhere else.

"Well, that was..." Celestia paused, trying to think of what exactly Pinkie did to break her train of thought within the first few minutes of even meeting her realistically instead of regally. She always wanted to know all her subjects on a personal level, it's part of the job description in her eyes, but just too many things always got in the way, especially when it came to the Elements of Harmony.

"Different, yeah..." Twilight finished. "That's exactly what I thought when I first arrived here, though my vocabulary for Pinkie's brand of...Eccentricity bordered along the lines of 'insane' and 'crazy'!"

Celestia chuckled at that. "Reminds me of when Luna first tried to branch out more after her... reintegration we'll call it. She too, thought the nighttime party-goers, or party-goers in general were, and I quote: "Rapscallions deprived of sleep from their infernal loud music boxes and rambunctious hosts!"

Twilight chuckled this time. "Oh, you think that was bad? Rainbow once got so wasted at Ponyville's Cider Fest, she forgot she could fly, and after getting home with a crate of the stuff, she jumped off her cloud house and ended up plowing face-first into a patch of Poison Joke!"

They both laughed. After settling down, twilight got a remiss look in her eyes, and stared down at the ground, likely reliving a lost memory. "We need to have these more often. I love talking to you, but sometimes..."

"...I miss it..."

The mask of composure shattered on Celestia's ivory muzzle. Trying to keep her composure, she put on a forced grin, speaking through her teeth. "Whatever do you mean, Twilight? We always talk like this in our letters!"

"I know, but that's not what I mean. I miss the face-to-face conversations we used to have, where I was the student, and you were still my teacher." She smiled a bit, although it was a sad smile. Then it disappeared. "But ever since I've become a Princess, I haven't seen you as much."

What she said was true, and Celestia couldn't deny it. "W-well, let's change that today! Where to, next Twilight?"

She smiled at that. "How about... The Carousel Boutique? It might be fun having Rarity dress you up while you're still disguised!"

She blushed a little. "Y-yeah! D-dressing up (in front of you) sounds fun!"

"What was that you said in the middle? I couldn't quite catch that."

"Nothing!"

Author's Note:

I am very, very sorry that I haven't been able to keep up with some of my older stories, such as this one as well as a few others! In truth, inspiration has been sucked dry from me, and the rest of my free time is spent finding just any job available in the exceptionally small town I live in.

I know I said I had a job i had found to some people commenting and PMing, but I am afraid that particular career branch isn't for me.

However, I now have a Patreon account set up! For a minimum amount of 5 dollars per month, you'll get access to lots of bonus stuff in addition to my works, such as:
-Access to private blog on the Patreon website where you can talk with yours truly ;)
- access to any Unfinished Chapter of current story(ies) being made
-Honorable mention in next story

As an added bonus, I now take commissions for $15(Other bonuses also provided on Patreon), so PM away!

Comments ( 9 )

7076857 In all honesty, I've been thinking of scrapping this story. It was just meant to be an idea that turned into a whole mess of bad shipping.

yea, and I am surprise the princess was able to handle the pinkie,

:twilightoops:Um... sorry for bugging you but why did you just put a Cancelled mark on this story?

7079637 It's alright! There's a few reasons behind cancelling it:

The first is I really don't have the drive and motive for this story anymore. I know a few people were still reading it, waiting to see what happens in the next chapter, but I just don't have a feeling for it anymore.

the Second is i am working on a secret sTory project And it's taking all my spaRe time pouring stuff into it! it should be released soon, With the wAy i am just pouRing stuff into the firSt chapter alone!

PS the hint for secret project's theme is in the previous sentence ;)

The third is I am still having issues trying to find a job in my MASSIVELY SMALL TOWN LIKE SERIOUSLY IT'S SO SMALL!!! But I did go on a job hunting spree recently, so this reason is basically taken care of, just gotta wait for that interview call :)

7079996 okay thank for letting me know

7080188 of course!

As an added bonus, turns out I finished the first chapter for my project but I forgot to submit it like a goof! :twilightsheepish:

Star Wars: friendship divided is the name if you're interested ;)

I'm really enjoying this story, please keep going when you have the time, no need to rush to meet some type of deadline. I hope to read more soon.:twilightblush:

7080198 why did you cancel the story?

7648922 my explanation is in sakuralovelight's reply, it says everything.

Login or register to comment