• Published 25th Jul 2015
  • 711 Views, 14 Comments

No Easy Victory - Omare Bradley



In this alternate universe Tirek has triumphed and its up to Discord to rally the ponies of Equestria to fight a desperate war against tyranny.

  • ...
2
 14
 711

Epilogue

Celestia felt a surge of warmth run through her body and one thought coursed through her mind, he did it!

Her magic was back and she quickly cast out her senses to find her fellow princesses and anyone else who had been cast here unfairly by Tirek. Celestia located them grinning as she casted a mass teleportation spell.

She basked in the sunlight, quickly making sure to set the sun back to the position it was supposed to be. She looked over at Twilight and her friends who were talking and rejoicing in their new found freedom.

“I never thought sunlight could be beautiful when compared to darkness.”

Celestia turned around and regarded her sister warmly, “To be fair the darkness we were in held no stars and was a poor imitation of your nights.”

Luna blushed at the complement and then inquired, “What happened? What do we do next?”

Celestia smiled, “We rebuild, and rally our ponies back and mourn those who died fighting for their freedom. Discord may have caused this situation but he redeemed himself in the end by sacrificing himself so that we can live on in peace. It doesn’t make his betrayal any better but it’s good to know he died doing the right thing.”

Celestia looked out at the land so fertile and rich. She spoke calmly, “Come sister we have much to do before the land knows true peace once again.”

Luna smiled and rallied the others. The group was happy and confident as they set out. They knew that together and through hard work they could lead the recovery effort. The day was bright and Celestia knew that soon Equestria would once again know true peace.

Comments ( 10 )

quite a long story for a first outing. Hope it's good. Certainly a cool concept. Welcome to Fimfiction!

Haven't started reading yet but this concept is awesome. Hopefully the writing matches up to the idea's potential. :-)

Okay, pretty good. The pacing is a little fast, and there are places where there should be more emotion. I also think the introduction of so many deadly magicless weapons is going to continue to be a problem for Equestria. But I liked Discord being ruthless and doing what he had to do to win. I think maybe he should have sent an apology to Fluttershy as well as to Celestia, and I'd have liked to see more reaction from the princesses or the Mane 6 on what happened to him, but it was a good plan and he pulled it off well.

6243385 Thank you I appreciate such an honest and thorough review. I'm a new writer and I wanted to leave the mane six out of my first story as I was worried I wouldn't be able to write them well. The fact that you even bothered to look at my story makes me so happy. I'm not a huge fan of the show however the reason I got into writing fimfiction was because of you. I thought fanfiction writing was crappy but then I stumbled across your story "Traitor" and grew addicted to your stories! I really appreciate your review and I made sure to make Discord so strong due to you always complaining about other writers making him a weak idiot!

6243192 I hope you like it, thanks for looking at it!

After reading this, I can easily see similar stories appearing in the near future. Good concept, and a good story. I thoroughly enjoyed this fic :scootangel:

Huh, a Discord who wins through guile, and tactics instead of just snapping his fingers. Pretty good.

This looks SO cool!

6243385 exactly my review.

Login or register to comment