• Published 25th Jul 2015
  • 710 Views, 14 Comments

No Easy Victory - Omare Bradley



In this alternate universe Tirek has triumphed and its up to Discord to rally the ponies of Equestria to fight a desperate war against tyranny.

  • ...
2
 14
 710

Escape

Tartarus is a dark place. There is no comfort and the only thing a creature gets do, is sit while thinking about their personal failures for an eternity. There were many beings in Tartarus, but if it was your destiny to be cast here, you endured your punishment alone, separated from everything that made life worth living.

Discord lay back in his cage staring up at the dark ceiling. He was feeling many emotions right now. This was perfectly natural for a god of chaos, but the one emotion he seemed to be feeling the most was rage. He was stuck in this place because of his misplaced trust and general stupidity.

He had genuinely believed that Tirek could offer him something great. Discord had come to think that the headstrong centaur cared for him. He had been excited; finally he would have a friend that would allow him to be himself. No more would he have to limit his chaos to suit the needs of soft hearted ponies! He and Tirek would rule together, and they would enjoy an eternity of wonderful chaos.

But now Tirek had betrayed him. Tirek had drained him of his magic, and then he had done the same to Twilight, before banishing them all to this dark place.

Discord sighed when he thought about Twilight’s decision. She had given her magic willingly to Tirek in an exchange for her friends. He had been surprised, but grateful, that her deal had included him. But Tirek was quick to take advantage of the fact that they were now defenseless, and he had gleefully sent them all here to rot.

But Tirek had made a major error. He had no understanding of Discord and the way his magic worked. Discord’s magic was not drawn from within, like most creatures blessed with magical abilities. No, Discord drew his magic from the chaos around him.

Discord chuckled in the darkness; you’ve made a mistake by sending me here. There’s chaos in this place, I can feel it. The creatures here have such wonderful emotions to draw from. All that fear, despair, and agony is going to serve me quite well.

Discord sat up and gave predatory smile. He could feel his powers coming back to him. There wasn’t much chaos here but he could definitely gather the strength to teleport.

He snapped his fingers and he soon found himself out of his cage. He began to walk, reveling in the fact that he could move his limbs freely. He drew in more power and teleported again.

The sunlight was blinding, but Discord didn’t mind. There was so much chaos to draw in from up here! He could feel his powers coming back to him quickly. He looked around thinking to himself, perhaps I should try and break through Tirek’s defensive spells and free the rest.

Discord shook his head. I’ll come back for them when this is over, they’ll be given their freedom. But for now their presence would only hinder me. I must work alone, besides I think it would be best for Fluttershy to not see what I’m going to do.

Discord chuckled, Tirek presumed he was safe, but the demon had no idea what was coming.