• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,942 Views, 509 Comments

Not another One-Shot-Ober - Admiral Biscuit



A collection of mostly comedic vignettes about ponies in their native Equestria.

  • ...
12
 509
 2,942

The Noise Under Pinkie Pie's Sink

The Noise under Pinkie Pie's Sink
Admiral Biscuit

"Twilight! Twilight!"

"Ergh, what is it Pinkie?"

"There's a creepy crunchy scrapey squealy noise under the sink in my bathroom."

"Again?" Twilight rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and pushed the covers back. "It's not Gummy this time, is it?"

"Nopers." Pinkie tilted her head forward, and Gummy came into view, dangling from her cotton candy mane.

Twilight pushed the covers back and hung her tasselled nightcap over the newel post. "Fine."

• • •

Five minutes later, the two mares made their way to Sugarcube Corner, Twilight trudging along wearily, while Pinkie pronked excitedly by her side.

When the pink pony opened the front door, Twilight covered a yawn before following her friend up the stairs.

"Listen, Twilight, do you hear it?"

Twilight cocked her head. She didn't hear anything.

"Maybe if you get closer?"

Twilight nodded and stuck her muzzle right against the vanity, close enough to study the loops and whorls in the grain. Still nothing.

"Pinkie, there's nothing in there."

"There is," Pinkie insisted. She was hopping from hoof to hoof, her blue eyes locked on the door. "I'm not lying, I Pinkie Promise. Cross my heart and hope to fly. . . ."

". . . . Stick a cupcake in your eye," Twilight finished, sticking a hoof in her eye. "Ow. Alright." She grabbed the two little pull-knobs in her aura and yanked the doors open, then shoved her head inside. Is that— she started to think.

SHINK

a guillotine? she finished thinking as her head was neatly lopped off.

"Best April Foal's prank ~ever~!"

"Dammit, Pinkie." Twilight fumbled around with her hooves until she found her head, and then stuck it back on her neck. "I never should have told you I became immortal when I ascended."

Author's Note:

With apologies to alexmagnet. I read Noises, and this is what I thought would happen.