• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,944 Views, 509 Comments

Not another One-Shot-Ober - Admiral Biscuit



A collection of mostly comedic vignettes about ponies in their native Equestria.

  • ...
12
 509
 2,944

Pinkie Pie Raises the Sun

Pinkie Pie Raises the Sun
Admiral Biscuit

“And that's why I think that we could increase friendship by at least three percent by making the night on average five minutes longer.”

“It is an interesting proposal,” Luna said, before covering a yawn. “Excuse me, I am not often about at this hour.”

“I'm sorry!” Twilight folded her ears.

“I am getting used to it. If we must share responsibilities, we must both be available whenever we are needed. Since today is the Summer Sun Celebration, our sister could hardly be on the throne.” A faint smile played across Luna's lips. “Tell me, have you calculated out the loss in crop yields?”

“Not even one percent, and that's within the margin of error. There would be a slight decrease in evaporation, which would help the weather ponies.”

Luna tapped her hoof on the floor. “If we are to make this change, we ought to decide quickly. We could experiment this year, and slowly alter the length of the day.” She pushed open a door and then paused. “Tell me, have you eaten lunch yet today?”

“I—no, I haven't.”

“Please join me. I have a special guest in my chambers today.”

Intrigued, Twilight followed her. “Special guest?”

“You'll see.”

• • •

“Princess Celestia?”

Princess Celestia nodded.

“Weren't you supposed to be in Appleoosa? Raising the sun?” She blinked. “Oh, I know, you've already done it and now you're back. Are your stallions that quick, or did you teleport?”

“Neither.” Princess Celestia selected a thickly-frosted cupcake from the dessert tray. “I decided to take the day off.”

“But . . . there will be so many disappointed ponies in Appleoosa! I'll have to recalculate all my data!” Twilight reached for the papers, but Luna yanked them away.

“Twilight, it's time you learn an important lesson about being a princess. There are a lot of duties and responsibilities. Some of them you will have to do yourself, while others are more . . . routine.

“I know you've already seen that with the friendship map. Sometimes there is a problem that doesn't need your help to solve, and you're better off letting somepony else take the reins.”

“Yes, but . . . the sun. Nopony else can raise it.”

“I can,” Luna offered. “I've done it before, remember?”

“That's not the point!” Twilight stomped her hoof. “You're not in Appleoosa, either. So all the townsponies gathered around, waiting for the Princess to raise the sun, and she didn't.”

“Two words, Twilight; body double. I raise the sun here, my double does the ritual. It's a flawless plan.”

“You have a body double?”

Celestia nodded.

“Have I ever met her?”

Celestia nodded again.

“Is it Fleur? She could pass for you from a distance, with fake wings. A suitable enchantment; a variation on the butterfly wings spell, and—“

“It's not Fleur. It's somepony else. Now, about this report you've drawn up—“

“I am not going to discuss it until you tell me who your body double is.”

“It's Pinkie Pie,” Luna said flatly. “Wearing her costume from last Nightmare Night.”

Twilight's eye twitched.

Author's Note: