• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,945 Views, 509 Comments

Not another One-Shot-Ober - Admiral Biscuit



A collection of mostly comedic vignettes about ponies in their native Equestria.

  • ...
12
 509
 2,945

Luna versus the Photocopier

Luna versus the Photocopier
Admiral Biscuit

Night Court was boring. That was a fact. Ponies preferred doing important things during the day.

Luna was bored. That was an inevitable consequence of the first fact.

Like the moon, Luna's moods waxed and waned; currently, she was in a playful mood. She had left one of her thestrals guarding the throne in case anypony showed up, while she herself had absconded from the throne room to explore the antechambers which surrounded it in the hopes of finding something that might provide entertainment.

It was not too long before she discovered the secretary's office. The door had been locked, but a Princess of the Night observes much, including how to pick locks. Between dreamers and personal observation (not all the ponies who were about at night had wholesome motivations for being about) she had more or less the required skills and more or less the required tools, and if there were some scratches and slivers left on the lock, who would dare accuse the younger Diarch?

Her eyes lit upon a device which she had never seen before. It was a large box, nearly the size of a pony, and it said Xerox on the front. She vaguely remembered a Greek philosopher who had had that name, and was curious about what sort of office device he had philosophized.

Poking around the machine provided no meaningful clues. It had trays on the bottom which held paper, and underneath the lid was a glass plate with various delicate-looking gears and wires contained beneath. She shrugged, and pushed the green button labeled “Start.”

The machine made a strange humming noise, and a moment later, a ribbon of blinding white light shot out of the glass and progressed across it, turning off when it reached the far side. Seconds later, an all-black sheet of paper came out of a tray at the bottom.

She blinked the spots of light out of her eyes and looked warily at the machine. Surely, its function had to be more complex than simply turning a white sheet of paper black. A toaster could do that, and it wasn't nearly as large.

Closer examination of the Xerox revealed helpful little icons, including one which showed a sheet of paper with writing upon it face-down on the glass. A quick survey of the secretary's desk netted her a sheet of paper which probably had little value if it were somehow destroyed by the machine. She put it on the glass and hit “Start.”

Unsurprisingly, a perfect copy came out, since that is the function of a photocopier. Luna looked at it in wonder and then looked around the office for what else she might photocopy. Inevitably, she eventually became bored of routine objects and determined to find out what else it could copy. Equally inevitably, she hit upon the idea of photocopying herself, and—as usually happens when one decides to photocopy one's own anatomy—it was not too long before she plopped her perfect pony princess plot on the glass and hit the start button.

The resulting image was all she could have hoped for. Never before had she seen her own hindquarters (cameras, mirrors, and reflective surfaces had been invented while she was on the moon), and it was a shame. It was worthy of adoration; nay, it was worthy of worship. It was also worthy of a whole ream of paper and she would have gone through two but the photocopier ran out of toner.

The Next Morning

Luna proudly set a stack of papers down on the breakfast table, right next to her bleary-eyed sister. Celestia floated the top sheet in her aura and gave it a cursory examination before her eyebrow jumped up into her mane and her cheeks turned bright red.

“Luna?” she squeaked.

“Yes, sister?” Luna leaned forward in anticipation.

“Is that a picture of your butt?”

“Yes.”

Celestia looked at the stack of papers and began shuffling through them. “Are these . . . are these all pictures of your butt?”

Luna's eager grin was answer enough.

“Why? In the name of all that is holy, why did you make so many copies? Were you planning to leaflet Canterlot?”

“Even better!” Luna leaned forward and grabbed the stack, holding it just in front of her sister's muzzle. “I made a flip-book!”
“Did you . . . wink?”
“. . . maybe.”
“I think I'm going to be sick.”

Click for Lunabutt!
suckers

Author's Note:

With apologies to Andrew Joshua Talon.