• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,945 Views, 509 Comments

Not another One-Shot-Ober - Admiral Biscuit



A collection of mostly comedic vignettes about ponies in their native Equestria.

  • ...
12
 509
 2,945

Luna Orders Room Service

Luna Orders Room Service
Admiral Biscuit

The landing craft settled gently to the lunar surface. The astronauts on board finished their after-landing checks, made sure their suits were properly fastened, and then made their way to the airlock.

The mission had been put together in a hurry when a strange new formation had been spotted on the moon. They hadn't been able to get a good look at it with earth-bound telescopes, so NASA had pulled a page out of its old playbook and dusted off a leftover Apollo spacecraft, and . . . well, here they were.

After drawing straws, two astronauts boarded the lunar rover and bounded across the pock-marked landscape.

When they got to the crater's edge, the two dismounted from the rover and looked down into the crater. "Is that a hotel?"

"It looks like it. How did it get here?"

SOMEWHAT EARLIER

Luna stretched out on her luxurious Queen-sized bed. Princess Celestia had convinced her to go to Bronycon, promising that it would be filled with humans who would love her . . . that hadn't been a lie. From the moment she'd set hoof in the convention hall, she'd been mobbed by eager fans who wanted to touch her, hug her, talk to her, or just watch her dreamily. She ate up the affection—never before had she been so loved by so many.

Unfortunately, unlike a changeling, she couldn't survive on love alone, so once she finally made her way back to the hotel room, she'd ordered room service. Now, with her stomach grumbling, she wondered how long it would take to arrive.

A polite knock on the door was her answer. She used her TK to pull it open and admit the server.

He hesitated on the threshold for a moment, before she beckoned him in.

He was a consummate professional. If the sight of an alicorn stretched out on the bed with her regalia strewn about surprised him, he gave no sign. He simply set the large tray with its enticing silver covers on the desk and quietly took his leave.

As the second-most-powerful magic user in all of Equestira, Luna felt no need to get out of bed. She simply lifted the plate covers, stacked them neatly, and brought over the plates one at a time, only feeling vaguely hedonistic.

When she finally reached the end of her repast, she floated over a large piece of paper which she thought was a napkin, but instead turned out to be the bill.

Her eyes went wide as she saw the total at the bottom.

How could it be that much? The sandwich shop across the tracks only charges $6.00 per sandwich. Her eyes flicked across the menu. Fifteen dollars for a salad? Plus a twenty percent delivery charge? And a thirty percent gratuity?

Her eyelid twitched, then her eyes flashed white with rage, then the Baltimore Inner Harbor Hyatt Regency Hotel was gone.