• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,945 Views, 509 Comments

Not another One-Shot-Ober - Admiral Biscuit



A collection of mostly comedic vignettes about ponies in their native Equestria.

  • ...
12
 509
 2,945

Slice of Life

Slice of Life
Admiral Biscuit

Golden Harvest didn't need to be told it was dinnertime. As soon as dinner had begun to smell done, she'd kept one ear cocked towards the kitchen, listening for the telltale sound of the oven door being opened.

That sound was her cue, and as soon as she heard it, she got off the couch to head upstairs and summon her little sister.

Behind her, she heard the back door of the house open. That, too, was normal: her father would often fuss around in the workshop while dinner was being prepared, both to keep himself out of the way, and to avoid being called upon for any last-minute chore.

Goldie considered just shouting for Noi at the top of the stairs, but mom didn't like it when they yelled in the house, so she instead walked down the hallway to her sister's small bedroom.

One step in the doorway, and she was about to announce that dinner was ready, but she paused. Noi was stretched out on the bed, her hind legs folded neatly under her and book held down by her forehooves. Her ears were locked forward, and her muzzle was scrunched back in concentration—it was rare to see Noi in any state other than hyperactive little sister, and for a moment, Golden Harvest got a glimpse of what her little sister would become when she was older.

Then an ear turned, and a moment later, Noi's head followed. Her face split in a grin, and she carefully pushed the book aside and bounced out of bed.

“Is it time to eat?”

Golden Harvest nodded. “What were you doing?”

“I'm in a play! We had tryouts and Miss Cheerilee said I could be the mayor. I've got so many things I have to say.” She puffed out her chest. “'Welcome to Ponyville! I'm Mayor Apple, and this is a new town.'”

Golden Harvest reached out a hoof and ruffled Noi's mane, a smile creeping across her face. She'd done the same play when she was in school. “You're going to be a great mayor, sis. Do you want me to help you with your lines after dinner?”