• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,944 Views, 509 Comments

Not another One-Shot-Ober - Admiral Biscuit



A collection of mostly comedic vignettes about ponies in their native Equestria.

  • ...
12
 509
 2,944

The Stallion with Bows in his Mane, part 1

The Stallion with Bows in His Mane, part 1
Admiral Biscuit

You'll see him around town sometimes, and maybe when you first look at him, you'll think he's a mare. A big mare, a bulky mare, but a mare nonetheless. Then he'll get a bit closer, and you'll see the square muzzle, and you'll know for sure. Despite the uncropped tail and the long mane, it's a stallion.

He's a bit sensitive about his gender. That's all I know. Showed up one day on the train, had the look of a pony who's sort of lost, on the run, maybe. Not a hunted look, exactly . . . I can read ponies pretty good, and I didn't get the sense that he was fleeing from a crime or anything like that.

'Course, I sent a telegraph to Canterlot anyway. Just in case.

Anyhow, he was kinda unsteady on his hooves, but polite enough. Said he'd heard that there was land here for them that wanted it, and I showed him around town. Told him where he could build and where he couldn't. Told him to keep away from the buffalos and they'd keep away from him. Once he'd settled on a spot, a coupla townsfolk knocked together a little house for him and helped him get started with a garden, and . . . well, that was pretty much that.

He ain't much of a farmer, but he does alright. Sends a lot of letters back and forth to Twilight Sparkle in Ponyville. I heard she became an alicorn. Visited here once, and she wasn't an alicorn then.

Where was I?

Oh yeah. So, after he'd been in town for a bit, a couple of mares started kinda moving in on him, but he didn't really show much interest. Fact is, he seemed kinda distressed by their attention, and it wasn't too long before word got around. Some folks said he was probably a colt-cuddler, but I've never seen any stallions out at his place, so I don't think that's it.

So I just sorta keep an eye on him. Sometimes share a lick of salt, or a pie the missus made. I figure one of these days, he's gonna open up to somepony, and then we'll know what makes him tick.

Author's Note:

Thanks to Topaz Moon for the idea. Part 2 will explain what Sheriff Silverstar doesn't know.