• Published 30th May 2012
  • 7,362 Views, 586 Comments

Dancing Flames, Cooling Ember - Tamara Bloodhoof



Human in Equestria becomes a dragon. Takes place in the universe of Griffin the Griffin & Co.

  • ...
38
 586
 7,362

Chapter Eighteen, I'm sorry.

I truly wish to apologize for not updating this story as much as I should, and for letting it die. I stopped writing over a year ago and I'm sorry to everyone who kept asking me to keep publishing, to keep the story going. By the time this stopped updating I had been growing tired not of the story, but of the world I was in. I had done so much to Ember that had never been planned, forced so many things upon her that I wanted to restart, but I didn't know how. I finally do, and I want to tell everyone that the story isn't dead, merely moved. For everyone who wants to see the journey continue, I've written a new one. I know that it is selfish of me, but I want to try again and do better this time. I hope everyone can understand and, once again, I'm sorry for everyone who's followed me through thick and thin.

The new story can be found at this link: The Fire and Embers

Comments ( 16 )

I can forgive you. I know the feeling of not liking your own story.

i know how you feel. I probably need to put my story out to pasture but every so often, i get another fave and it makes me not want to do it.

Probably for the best; The Chess Game of the Gods universe is actually pretty ridiculous, anyway. It's a bunch of wish-fulfilling SI-fics that read like poorly constructed D&D adventures in which the main characters who, by the definition of SI's, are Average Joes that somehow stumble into the roles of bad asses, leaders, and epic heros. Now, this isn't bad on a case by case basis, but all of these humans being epic in the same world; each one going on their own world changing adventures? Well, then it all just becomes a clusterfuck mess of a story full of pointless cameos between each other. It's the same problem that the League of Humans Acting Villainous has.
Really, it will be nice to see one of these characters not have to deal with a bunch of manipulative, petty gods and there plethora of "witty" champions.

Yes i will forgive just not applejack

I'd forgive you, but I can't unsee Applejack's muzzle being reminiscent of a cold nipple.

It's hard not to just slam a whole bunch of things onto a character sometimes. As for writing stories I can write 1 chapter in my head for 10 different stories but never actually write anything. Best of luck with the new one! I look forward to reading it when I get the time.

Well, I've just finished with Aoi, I'm still working on Griffin's story, I'm in the middle of the sequel. However, to break it up I like to read other stories to take a break. So I'm going to start reading this one. Hopefully I'll get up to present with Griffin's sequel before I finish reading what you have.

I'll comment every so often.

Argh! Again? This is the second prospective "could be epic" story for the CGotG universe that BlackWing psyched me up for with cameos, only to discover it is canceled. :fluttercry:

Dang, had such high hopes for this one, oh well, I'll still read it after the rest of the CGotG stories I can get interested in.

4913053
As I said in the last chapter, I'm redoing it and have already set it up. The Fire and Embers is going to be a minimum of weekly story that updates on fridays. If you really liked this story go ahead and check out the new version, and sorry for cancelling this one :fluttershysad:

4914462 Oh? Sorry about not noticing that, I have a long list of CGotG stories on my "to read" list, what with me having finished Griffin the Griffin and the latest chapter of Falling Feathers, along with The Ballad of Echo the Diamond Dog and the latest chapter of The Legend of Echo the Diamond Dog, and For Science! If I remember it right...ugh...so sleepy. :ajsleepy:

Thank you for telling me, I'll go ahead and add that to my reading cue over this one.

So... your other story is going to start the same?

I just want to know what I'm getting myself into before reading that one instead

4923212
The new story is different, but will hold some similar aspects throughout. Don't expect the same plot though.

4923452 So... still human thrown into Equestria as a Dragon?

Login or register to comment