• Published 24th May 2012
  • 3,195 Views, 73 Comments

Always connected - The-rogue-shadow



Applejack struggles with new feelings while Rainbow Dash struggles just to survive

  • ...
16
 73
 3,195

Chapter 9

Rainbow Dark lay on the ground, the surprising strength of the orange pony had caught her off guard, and now she was hurting because of it. She looked up to see the pony’s accomplice, a grey Pegasus entirely clad in silver armour, come hurtling out of Rainbow Dark’s cloud mansion and crash in front of the orange pony. Following her was Rainbow Dark’s wife, Applejack, her mane and tail ablaze.

‘Oh you two are going to get it now,’ she thought, smiling to herself. She looked down at the orange pony, who suddenly vanished and reappeared in the air next to Applejack. The orange pony punched Applejack, who fell to the ground, followed by an enormous bolt of lightning that seemed to come from the orange pony’s hoof. The light was blinding and Rainbow Dark had to turn away to protect her eyes and when she looked back, the orange pony was on the ground, one of her front hooves was blackened from the heat of the lightning. Rainbow Dark stood, ready to charge at the orange pony, who looked at her and then ran in the direction of Applejack. Rainbow Dark began to follow but was stopped by the grey Pegasus.
“Hi there, I need a word with you,” she said and made a grab for Rainbow Dark. Rainbow dodged the grab and hit the grey Pegasus.

“Fine! If that’s what you want, so be it!” she told Rainbow Dark and began throwing punches herself. A complex martial arts pattern that Rainbow Dark was barely fast enough to dodge or block, a few of the punches hit her and she was surprised at the intensity of the pain she was feeling. The grey Pegasus ended the pattern with a swipe from her bladed wings and Rainbow Dark managed to get her hooves up to block her face, but even then, the blades cut deep into her forearm, making her cry out in pain. Rainbow threw one last desperate punch at the grey Pegasus, which got contact just under the chin and sent her reeling.

“What do you want?!” Rainbow Dark yelled, bleeding profusely from the wounds in her arms. The grey pony checked her bleeding lip and told Rainbow Dark;
“I want you to remember who you are Rainbow.”
“And who is that?” Rainbow Dark asked mockingly, the grey Pegasus smiled a half smile and said;
“Not this.” She charged at Rainbow Dark and knocked her onto her back. The grey Pegasus sat on top of her, pulled one of the armour plates off her hoof and placed it on Rainbow Dark’s forehead.

“Loyalty,” she breathed. Rainbow Dark began to feel sick at the energy started to course through her body, some of her memories started to come back, flashes, nothing coherent. On the outside, her eyes slowly faded from blood red back to the natural magenta, but her coat stayed dark blue.
“Oh no, I’m not enough,” she heard the Pegasus say. “She needs Applejack.”


Applejack was suddenly right next to the Pegi-jack, hanging in mid-air; the Pegi-jack’s astonished look was taken away from her by Applejack.

Hate. Applejack punched Pegi-jack, feeling electricity course through her limbs. Pegi-jack’s head snapped back and she started to fall, a tiny spark of electricity clung to her face, which grew and grew as the Pegi-jack fell, becoming a massive bolt of lightning. Applejack’s hoof glowed red from the heat, but there was no pain. The Pegi-jack hit the ground and bounced slightly. Gravity began to take hold of Applejack, fear of falling allowing her to teleport back to the ground. Derpy was there waiting, watching the awesome display of power.

“Impressive,” she said, smiling. “But like I was saying, that construct is actually Rainbow’s deceit, her ability to lie to herself or to others. Which is where you come in, the element of honesty is probably a bit more geared up to fight deceit than I am. So what we have to do now is switch opponents.”

Applejack nodded and looked at Rainbow before charging at Pegi-jack. The Pegi-jack stood; half of her face had been scorched off by the bolt of lightning. Muscle and bone showed on the right side of her face. Blood wasn’t flowing due to the heat of the lightning cauterizing the blood vessels.

“Wow! You are one mess of ugly,” Applejack said, laughing at Pegi-jack. The Pegi-jack rose up into the air above Applejack.
“Why don’t you see what ah’m tryin to do!” it screamed and came rushing at Applejack. She couldn’t think of a memory in time to dodge the attack and was carried high up into the air. Pegi-jack punching her in the stomach, so as to not give her time to concentrate. They flew higher and higher, to where the air became thin and it was hard to breathe.

“That’s the great thing about being a Pegasus, we have spent so much time in the air over the centuries, that we evolved to a point where we don’t need much oxygen to survive,” said Pegi-jack, gloating over Applejack as she started to turn blue. Applejack struggled, throwing random punches as her vision went black. The struggling stopped; Applejack’s arms went limp at her sides. The Pegi-jack smiled and let go of Applejack’s lifeless form.

Derpy watched as Applejack fell, an idea quickly forming in her mind. She grabbed Rainbow Dark, a contorted mix of her good and evil selves and forced her to look at the free falling Applejack.

“That’s Applejack Rainbow, save her,” she whispered into Rainbow Dark’s ear. Rainbow stood, and with an enormous gust of air, she blasted upwards, hooves stretched outwards, reaching for Applejack and when she was a mere twenty meters off the ground, Rainbow caught her and slowly descended to the ground. Rainbow laid Applejack down, she was completely motionless. Tears formed in the corners of Rainbow’s eyes and small cracks appeared all over her body. She pushed on Applejack’s chest, trying desperately to get her heart beating as Derpy flew over, but to no avail. The cracks started to get larger as she remembered her friend and with a cry of anguish, she gave up.

Crying openly now, she bent down and gave Applejack a kiss on the lips. But something was different; this was nothing like kissing the other Applejack. Rainbow kissed harder, before breaking it off and whispering into Applejack’s ear;
“Applejack, it’s me, Rainbow, please wake up, please don’t leave me alone, I love you.” A single tear fell from her face into Applejack’s mouth and a few seconds later, Applejack sat up straight, taking a huge, deep breath. Rainbow’s eyes went wide and her face went from a look of utter shock to one of complete joy, she embraced Applejack and was ecstatic to feel the embrace being returned.

“Ah love you too…Sugarcube,” Applejack said, still breathless but her voice was full of love and joy. A pain shot into Rainbow’s chest and she released Applejack before letting out a cry of pain. The cracks that had appeared on her body now began to break off. Scales of dark blue fell off her as though a porcelain cup was breaking and with one final scream, the remaining pieces were blasted off by some unknown light that came from within Rainbow. She panted heavily, before looking at Applejack, who smiled. They kissed again, but this time, it was as though they became one pony, like nothing else mattered in the whole world.

“Oh you have got to be kidding me!” screamed a voice from above them. Rainbow and Applejack broke off the kiss once again and looked at Pegi-jack. “How did you steal her from me?” Rainbow stood and stared angrily at Pegi-jack.
“Oh it was easy,” said Rainbow. “There’s one thing you didn’t think of when you impersonated Applejack.”
“And what pray tell was that?” asked Pegi-jack,
“You don’t taste like apples,” said Rainbow, giving her an arrogant smirk.

“Arrgh,! Well it doesn’t matter, there is no way that you can get out of here alive. Ah am going to crush you into dust with my bare hooves, and then burn the dust,” Pegi-jack ranted. Rainbow sighed, before turning and tearing one of the blades off Derpy’s wings. She hurled it at Pegi-jack, the blade embedding itself in her throat.
“You talk too much,” said Rainbow. Applejack turned to Derpy as Pegi-jack fell to the ground, choking on her own blood.
“That seemed too easy,” Applejack said and Derpy laughed.
“It seems like it now, but there was no way either of us could do that. It had to be Rainbow. This is her mind; ultimately, SHE had to make the decision to stand up to Pegi-jack.”

“And I DID make it, that’s what’s important,” said Rainbow, helping Applejack up.
“Wait, then how come ah had to fight Pegi-jack while you tangled with Rainbow?” asked Applejack angrily.
“Applejack, I had to give Rainbow something to fight FOR, otherwise it wouldn’t have worked,” Derpy explained. “Now, don’t you think you should be getting back to the real world?” Rainbow and Applejack both nodded. They stood together and Derpy walked over and put her hooves on their foreheads.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“And don’t worry, when you wake up, all this will be is a bad dream.” There was a flash of light and Applejack felt herself separating from Rainbow’s mind and once again, just as the pain became too much, it stopped. Applejack opened her eyes and looked over at Rainbow, whose eyes snapped open and she sat upright.

Applejack jumped out of bed and landed on Rainbow’s, who smiled with a light that Applejack had never seen. It was then that they shared their first REAL kiss.

‘Apples,’ thought Rainbow.

Comments ( 43 )

apples. ahahaha :rainbowlaugh:
oneof the best appledash fics i've read, and that's saying something, as i've read loads.

803528
Thank you, I appreciate it. If you would like to read the sequel to this you can find it on my deviantart page. The title being Always connected- Aftermath.

Wow...

This, is a very, VERY, good story...

*salute*

1068489
Thank you very much. *Bow*

I have a quick question:
Now that I've finished reading this story, should I go right into "AC - The Aftermatch" or should I read "A New Harmony" to get a better understanding of what have happend while AJ and Rainbow was asleep? (I've read the first chapter of the aftermatch :scootangel:)

1072311
I would say read 'A New Harmony' as it fills in the gaps between 'Always connected' and 'Aftermath'

1084833
I'm sorry? What do you mean?

1085141
Thank you very much for the feedback, everything helps, and I will definitely double space when I do my next edit. Also, Once you get finished with this, you may also like to read the spin-off; "A New Harmony" and then the other Spin-off "The element of laughter' and finally, the sequel, "Always connected- Aftermath" Which I am yet to put up.

This is indeed a very good story. I can't wait to read the after math of the story, and "A New Harmony". Keep up the good work.:ajsmug:

From hell, to you, and back again,
Soto Konoha

This was a different Appledash story than I'm used to reading, but I liked it a lot, good job!

1107960
Thank you. I am really happy that you enjoyed it. Sorry to promote myself, but there is a sequel called 'Always connected- Aftermath' that you can find on my deviantart page.

1107973
Cool I'll be sure to check it out.

1108043
:pinkiehappy: I hope you enjoy that as well. But i'm not going to lie, it might not make much sense without reading the other two stories that I have on here, but it's not really essential that you do.

1199330
Thanks, and I know that this story is very rough around the edges..... and in the middle. But It was just a little thing to get me into writing fanfiction. I had never done it before this story. All of the sequels to this are much better.

Stumbled across this site, stumbled across your stories, created account just to say: HOLY SHIT! This is awesome! Continue writting more fics please

1275940
Thank you very much. I'm very happy you enjoyed it. Might I ask if you saw the sequels to this one? :pinkiehappy:

1409901
Wow, thanks very much for pointing that out. And I suppose I should explain; This was my first ever fanfic and I wrote all nine chapters in the space of about three days. I just really wanted to get them up on my deviantart and out into the world, so I didn't edit them at all. Not to mention I have learned a lot about grammar as the year has progressed. But to answer your question; no, I don't have an editor for any of my stories aside from 'Equine Vampiris' And that is only because one of my classmates offered to help, as did my Writing professor. :twilightblush:

1409939
Yes, I've seen your improvement from your latest story! :pinkiehappy:
Three days and you managed to type up nine chapters? That's an accomplishment all on its own! Anyway, if you ever need help with editing, I'm sure I can be of help (grammar-wise, anyway) on future stories, which was the reason I was asking. I have too much time on my hands to not be doing anything. :ajsleepy: You can decline, of course; it won't be a problem!

1410062
It would be an honour. I'm going to need some help when it comes to my upcoming stories. Because I have a whole universe to write after I finish 'Dusk Rises' Which actually reminds me. If you liked this one, (despite the grammar issues) then you might like the sequel 'Always connected- Aftermath' :raritystarry:

1410101
A sequel sounds good; I'll check it out! Also, private message me once you need me for a job. :ajsmug:

1414300
Thanks very much. Writing this was a lot of fun.

.1414889
You aren't the only person to say that actually.

1414934
I don't think I've ever seen a Were-Dash. I've seen the Werelight tumblr and I have Vampony Twilight in another story.

I'm now at the conclusion of this story, and I'll say this:

The ending was excellent. I'll go read the sequel now. :ajsmug: :rainbowlaugh:

1415298
I'm honestly ecstatic you enjoyed it. Although you might like to read 'A New Harmony' and 'The Element of Laughter' as well as 'Dusk Rises' to bridge to the gap in between the two 'Always connected's' :raritystarry:

1415384
I appreciate you going back and answering all of my comments! That's a real plus. :pinkiehappy: And I will!

1419814
Thanks, I promised myself when I started putting stuff online that I would always answer any comments I got, not matter what. And always thank everyone for faving me and watching me and stuff like that.

1589804
Thank you very much, and I am sorry to plug myself, but there are other stories in this universe. If you go to my page you can find them.

1793207
Yeah, I know this one isn't that good. I wrote all nine chapters in the space of three days and around University work as well. It was mainly written as a way of getting into writing fanfiction and it was the first fanfic I ever wrote. I promise that all of the stories that follow this one are better, and I'm even thinking of re-writing this one.

2402566
Really? Do you mind if I ask why?

Beautiful ending my good sir. :pinkiehappy:

2407548
I'm really glad you enjoyed it, and I'm really sorry to plug myself, but this story has spin offs and a sequel if you were interested.

2402737
:rainbowderp:... No idea actually, it just seemed right. :eeyup:

2416449
Fair enough, and I can see where you're coming from with that. This was actually written before the star of season two, as is the next story in the series. In fact, I had an annoying moment when I designed an OC named Swift, and then literally a week later they brought out the first look at Shining Armour and they were almost Identical. Aside from the cutie mark and the fact that Swift is an Earth pony.

2416654
That sounds like a "oops" moment. But believe it or not I had a problem with Armor to because I was going to create a story about the mane six's families. Well except for :pinkiehappy: :raritydespair: and :ajsleepy: You know, the ones whose families haven't been covered. I have a feeling that they will be covered soon, so so much for that idea

2417456
Well that sounds really good, and I think they are going to do something with the others families.

I rather enjoyed this! You did a really good job of making me not like PegiJack and the story itself is unique!
Thanks for recommending it :pinkiehappy:

2455732
Rain=Torrent
BO=Kinetic
Dash= Speed
:twilightsmile:

2457318
I really am glad you enjoyed it. And if you were interested, there are four other stories in this series. All of which continue on or run parallel to this one.

2796063
Don't worry, she gets what's coming to her in the sequel.

Login or register to comment