• Published 24th May 2012
  • 3,192 Views, 73 Comments

Always connected - The-rogue-shadow



Applejack struggles with new feelings while Rainbow Dash struggles just to survive

  • ...
16
 73
 3,192

Chapter 8

Applejack was shaken awake by Derpy, who had clad herself in shiny steel armour. Her cutie mark was made of gold and her wings were bladed.

“Wake up AJ, it’s time to go,” she said, with a seriousness in her voice that unnerved Applejack.
“Hey Derpy, do you really think that armour is necessary? “asked Applejack. Derpy looked at her with a small smile
“Applejack, you don’t really think I’d go into a fight without armour, especially a fight like this do you?” she asked jokingly. A thought occurred to Applejack, one that made her feel sick.

“Derpy, what happens to you if you don’t survive this fight?” she asked, suddenly becoming worried when she saw Derpy’s head dropped.
“If I don’t make it, Rainbow’s mind will just choose a new avatar for me, but in real life, Rainbow won’t know who I am, and the aspects of her I represent may be diminished,” she replied quietly.
“You mean that Rainbow will lose her sense of loyalty and become a coward?” Applejack asked shocked that Derpy would take such a risk.

“Not as dramatic as that, just maybe a little more likely to run away from a fight. The worst thing about it all is that she may not represent the element of loyalty anymore,” Derpy explained, before taking a deep breath, straightening up and saying; “Okay let’s move out.”
Applejack nodded and started to think of a happy memory; running side by side with Rainbow at the running of the leaves. The happiness flowed through her all the way from her chest to her legs, as she ran off at super speed, leaving an orange and gold trail as she went. Derpy said a silent prayer to herself before she opened her wings and took off in the direction of Rainbow’s cloud mansion.

Rainbow Dark snorted as she surveyed her wife’s kingdom, the happy ponies that were everywhere made her angrier than she already was.
“Applejack, my love, have you ever just wanted to kill everypony?” she asked of her wife Applejack.
“Occasionally sugarcube, but then ah think, who would we rule over then?” said Applejack, her red coat bristled with heat, and her mane and tail burned with golden fire. She looked at her creation, at Rainbow Dark and smiled; she would never leave this place, and would be safe forever at Applejack’s side. Applejack stretched her wings and motioned to Rainbow dark.

“Sugarcube, I feel bored, pleasure me” she ordered and Rainbow bounded over to her with an angry passion. Kissing her and stoking her with her wings. Applejack giggled with delight, she liked this new Rainbow.

They spent the morning together, releasing the full might of pent up energy and lust onto each other. Eventually they wore themselves out and just lay there, looking at each other. Rainbow Dark looked into Applejack’s eyes. They were different to how she remembered, but it was Applejack all the same. Rainbow Dark got out of bed and went back over to the window.
‘What happened to you Rainbow?’ asked a voice in her head, faster and deeper, but still her own. ‘That silly thing thinks she can get rid of me that easily, HA, not likely.’

‘Please leave me alone, you vile voice,’ thought Rainbow Dark, responding to the voice.
‘Why? Do I make you uncomfortable?’ asked the voice, it giggled with delight. ‘Good! You have to get out of here and find Applejack.’
‘I Know where Applejack is, I just got out of bed with her,’ responded Rainbow Dark dryly.
‘Oh no! She wiped your memory of her didn’t she? One hundred per cent gone and replaced the image with her own,’ the voice sighed, knowing it had been defeated. ‘Maybe she’s finally won.’
‘Yes, she has, now get out of my head you annoying pest.’ Rainbow Dark told the voice, completely oblivious as to its actual intent.

‘Fine! I will, let yourself die while you stay trapped in this dream world, see if I care!’
‘Good, now leave,’ Rainbow Dark said, the voice faded away and Rainbow Dark no longer felt its presence in her mind. She looked out of the window and saw a pony staring up at her, a brown pony that had an hourglass cutie mark. Rainbow dark dived out of the window and landed in front of the pony.

“What are you looking at?” she yelled. The brown pony just looked at her with a calm expression and said;
“Somepony that needs to remember.” Rainbow Dark flew into a rage at the answer.
“REMEMBER WHAT?!!” she screamed into the pony’s ear.

“You have to remember me sugarcube,” said a voice behind her softly. Rainbow Dark turned to see an orange pony with a golden mane. The look on the pony’s face was one of concern and an emotion Rainbow dark was not expecting; Love.
“And who…are…you?” she asked, lowering herself into a fighting stance, slightly thrown off guard.
“Me? Ah’m Applejack, Ah’m your best friend, Element of Honesty and Ah’m here to bring you back to me!” said the pony, her voice getting steadily louder.

“Why?” asked Rainbow Dark, shocked when the pony said her name.
“Because Ah love you,” she said. Rainbow Dark took a step back and looked around, the brown pony had vanished. She looked back at the orange pony; her coat began to turn lighter in colour, until she heard a voice beside her.
“Rainbow! What are you doing? Are you just going to stand there all day or are you going to kill her?” Rainbow Dark looked beside her and saw Applejack, her coat went back to dark blue and all she did in response to Applejack was nod.

Applejack watched as this twisted version of Rainbow stared at her, the Pegi-jack beside her, coaxing her into fighting.
‘Derpy if ya gunna do something, it had better be soon,’ she thought as Rainbow Dark snorted at Applejack. The Pegi-jack increased its altitude, hoping to get a better view of the fight. Out of the corner of her eye, Applejack noticed a silver and yellow flash tear past her and crash into Pegi-jack, sending her careering upwards into the cloud house. Rainbow Dark gasped at the sight of Pegi-jack being hit, faced Applejack once again and charged toward her at top speed. Applejack cleared her mind, letting memories flow freely, and began focusing on the ones she needed.

Happiness. Applejack super speeded to dodge Rainbow Dark’s attack, dashing around behind her.

Anger. She let out a piercing screech, throwing Rainbow Dark backwards. Rainbow Dark quickly recovered and came at Applejack again, slamming into her and knocking her down, beginning to hoof punch Applejack, who started to cry with the pain.

Sadness. Applejack put her hooves on Rainbow Dark’s chest and pushed. Rainbow Dark was forced into the air. Too shocked at the display of strength, she forgot her wings and fell to the ground hard. Both ponies lay on the ground, groaning with pain. Applejack looked up and saw the same silver flash coming the other way, being forced to the ground. Derpy crashed next to Applejack, turned and told her;

“Good news, it’s not Rainbow’s intelligence we’re fighting, it’s her deceit. So we already have the upper hand.” Applejack gave her a confused look.
“Rainbow’s deceit? How is that better?” Applejack asked as she looked up to the sky and saw the Pegi-jack floating down toward them, Mane and tail ablaze with gold fire and a look of pure rage upon her face. With that sight, Applejack could only feel one thing;

Fear.