• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 10,442 Views, 1,942 Comments

A Lost Sunset - KingJoltik



Sunset Shimmer has betrayed Celestia and entered the mirror to another world. However, the first day in this new world would change everything when an accident causes Sunset Shimmer to lose her memories.

  • ...
34
 1,942
 10,442

PreviousChapters Next
Shyness with a side of Rainbow

A few minutes later, Sunset was put on a bed in the nurse's office. Sunset laid there, still in pain from the beating she had just took. Mrs Harshwhinny found herself in a long conversation with the school nurse as Fluttershy put a chair near the bed and sat down right by Sunset. Fluttershy twiddled her thumbs for a few minutes and finally spoke up, “Um...are you okay?” she asked as Sunset continued to lay there. Sunset slowly turned her head and said, “Yeah...it just hurts a little bit...are you okay?”

“Oh...um...well...I'm okay...” Fluttershy turned away and looked back at Sunset. “Um...thank you...”

“Huh?”

“Thank you...” she mumbled. “Thank you for saving me...”

Sunset let out a small sigh. “I don't think I saved you...I got pretty beat up after all...”

“No. You saved me Sunset Shimmer!” she said in a panicked tone, “Please...um...can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“Why did you save me?”

Sunset stared at the ceiling for a few seconds, trying to figure out the answer. 'Why?' she thought, 'Why did I save her? I mean, I just got out of one fight and I was told not to fight anymore...but...when I heard Gilda's name...and I saw her in pain...odd...it feels like I shouldn't have saved her...but I know that's wrong...I think...'

“I don't know why I did it...” Sunset said slowly, her voice slightly trembling. Fluttershy just stared at Sunset, still trying to figure out what Sunset meant. Then, Mrs Harshwhinny walked in. She glared at Sunset and said, “Hey! You feeling okay?!”

“Yeah...just hurts is all...”

Harshwhinny let out a sigh and said, “Ugh...okay, here's the deal Sunset Shimmer...I'm supposed to be supervising detention right now...and you're supposed to be there. However, because of your current...condition, I'll let you stay here for now. I gotta tell Principal Celestia about this though. You understand that, right?”

“Yeah...I understand...”

“Good.” Harshwhinny turned and faced Fluttershy, “What about you, you okay?”

Fluttershy nodded. “Yes, I'm fine. If you don't mind...I would like to stay here for a bit...”

“That's fine. I'll see you both later.” Harshwhinny turned around and walked away. Sunset turned to Fluttershy and said, “Hey...you don't have to stay here, go ahead and leave...I'll be fine.”

Fluttershy shook her head. “No. I wanna stay right here.”

Sunset gave a short sigh. “Fine...your choice...”

Fluttershy began to twiddle her thumbs again, unable to find any words to say. Sunset stared at the ceiling for a few minutes and turned to Fluttershy. 'Wow...' Sunset thought, 'She sure is shy...she's just sitting there, not saying a word...that and she's barely looking at me...'

Sunset began to groan as she tried to sit up. Fluttershy grabbed her and said, “Wait...don't get up, you're still hurt.”

“I know...” moaned Sunset as she slowly lifted her back. “But I'm not gonna lay down for the rest of the day, trust me...I've done that a lot this past month and...honestly, I'm sick of it.” she said as she began to remember all those days in the hospital. Sunset turned to Fluttershy again and asked. “Say...I never got your name...”

“Oh! Um...er...I'm...uh...I'm Fluttershy...”

“Fluttershy huh? Okay...well...” Sunset tried to extend her hand. “I'm Sunset Shimmer...or at least I hope that's my name...”

“Um...” Fluttershy shook Sunset's hand. “Nice to meet you...but...what do you mean-”

SLAM!

“Fluttershy!” yelled a voice as it slammed the nurse's office door open. Before Sunset could even react, a rainbow-haired girl came zooming into the office. “Are you okay?! That blasted Lightning Dust didn't hurt you, did she?!”

“Eeep!” squeaked Fluttershy. “Rainbow...don't run in here and scare me like that!”

“Sorry...it's just...” Rainbow Dash stared at the floor in response. “I should have been there...”

“It's okay Rainbow.” said Fluttershy as she shook her head. She pointed to Sunset. “Besides, I was saved by her...”

Rainbow turned and stared at Sunset as she sat there, covered in bruises. “Her?! She looks like someone the cat threw up and brought back in.”

“Rainbow!” yelled Fluttershy, her face changing from concern to something Sunset could only describe as utterly frightening looking. “That's not nice!”

Rainbow stepped back a bit. “Sorry...sorry...I didn't meant anything. Honest!”

'What happened to the super shy girl that was here a few moments ago?!' thought Sunset as she watched the scene play out. She saw a minute or two of Fluttershy scolding Rainbow Dash and Rainbow finally turned and faced Sunset. “Hey...um...thank you.”

“Huh? Why are you thanking me?”

Rainbow gave a slight smile. “You saved Fluttershy! That means I owe ya!”

“You do? Why?”

Rainbow put her arm around Fluttershy and showed a huge grin. “Me and her are old friends.”

“We're not old Rainbow.” Fluttershy said in a deadpan tone.

“You know what I mean...anyways, me and her are friends and I'm always trying to look out for her. But...ugh...” Rainbow stopped looking at Sunset, trying to find the words. “Lightning Dust tricked me and...yeah...”

'She looks like she has a lot a pride...It must be hard for her to say that...' thought Sunset as she scratched her head, “Look...um...”

“Rainbow Dash.”

“Yeah...look, it's fine. You don't owe me anything...truth is, I don't why I even tried to save her...”

“Really?! You don't know why?!”

“No.” Sunset shook her head weakly. “I...I don't know. I just...I don't know...”

Rainbow and Fluttershy looked at each other and after a few seconds, and nodded their heads. Rainbow turned to Sunset and said, “Okay...I know what to do now.”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“You need to meet the rest of our friends.” Rainbow said with a huge smile. “You'll figure out why you saved Fluttershy after you met them.”

Sunset could only sit there with a face filled with confusion. She didn't understand a word Rainbow had said. Rainbow talked to Fluttershy a little bit and waved goodbye as she left the office to go meet with the soccer team. Fluttershy sat back down and said, “Um...Sunset Shimmer...”

“Just call me Sunset...” moaned Sunset as she laid back down. “It's easier that way.”

“Okay...um...er...could I ask another question Sunset?”

“Go ahead.”

“Well...um...if you don't mind me asking...um...that is...uh...what did you mean earlier about not knowing if that's your name or not?”

“Huh? Oh...that...” Sunset rubbed her eyes as she thought, 'Ugh...did I say that out loud?! Man, I'm really off today...' Sunset let out a small sigh. “Yeah...let's just say I...uh...I'm not sure who I am right now.”

Fluttershy gave the most puzzled look she could give. “Huh? I don't get it.”

Sunset explained to her that she had amnesia and that she had spent an entire month in the hospital. Fluttershy gasped and put her hands over her mouth as Sunset explained her situation to her. “Oh my...that's sounds so horrible...I'm so sorry that happened to you.”

“Yeah...and um...if you don't mind Fluttershy, could you not tell anyone I told you this?”

“Oh...um...of course. I understand.” Fluttershy said with a small frown. The two just sat there for a few minutes, unable to find any words to say. Sunset continued to just lay there on the bed, thinking, 'Wow...this has been a pretty horrible day...I got into two fights...got chewed out by Miss Luna and Celestia...she shows me so much kindness and this is how I repay her...I really am the worst...'

Sunset continued to stare at the ceiling as her thoughts continued to flow, 'Then again...part of me wants to blame my missing memories for all of this...but...what would I do if I had my memories? Would I be some crazed delinquent? Or maybe I'm some goody two shoes?! Tch...no way. According to Celestia, I picked a fight with Gilda...and Gilda sure seemed like she wanted to be friends with me...or fighting buddies...wow...I'm a wreck...Celestia wanted me to make a friend today and I failed that too...'

Fluttershy saw Sunset's face become sadder and sadder until she saw tears welling up in her eyes. “Um...is something wrong Sunset?”

“I don't know...” Sunset said as tears began to form as she continued to think, 'All I've done today is fail...maybe I should just leave...where would I go though? I don't know who I am, where I'm from...and I disobeyed the one person who showed kindness to me...'

Fluttershy the put her hand on Sunset and said, “Please don't cry Sunset. Everything will be okay.”

Sunset turned to Fluttershy and saw her calm, caring face. Sunset slowly spoke up and said, “Um...thank you Fluttershy...thanks...”

“Of course. What do you think friends are for?”

Sunset froze as she heard those words. 'Friends?' Sunset's lips trembled as she tried to speak. “Um...what did you just say?”

“I said...we're friends Sunset...and friends help each other when they're sad.”

“We're friends?! Really?”

Fluttershy nodded. “Yes. You saved me Sunset and I wanna be your friend. Is that okay?”

“Yeah...” Sunset tried to get up, her body still in pain. Fluttershy grabbed Sunset as Sunset struggled to get up. “Thank you Fluttershy...”

“It's fine...but...um...don't push yourself.”

“I'm fine...” Sunset said as tears went down her face. “Thank you...thank you Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy hugged Sunset as more tears went down her face. Sunset just sat there for a bit, thinking, 'A friend...why does this feel so...so foreign? Yet...it feels so...so comforting...' After a few more minutes passed, Sunset began to realize something. 'I think...I think I know why this feels so...so like something...something that I should hate. Whatever I was before I lost my memories...I must have been someone who didn't want friends...that or someone with anger management issues...or both...'

Then, as their hug ended, Celestia entered the nurse's office. “Hello Sunset...and hello Fluttershy.”

“Hello Principal Celestia.” Fluttershy said in the most respectful tone she could give.

“Hey...” Sunset said with a face trying to hide that fact she was really scared. “Uh...”

“Don't say another word Sunset.” Celestia said with a huge frown. “I'm very disappointed with you.”

Fluttershy turned to Sunset only to see an unbelievably scared girl. Sunset was shivering all over as Celestia continued to glare at her. Celestia let out a huge sigh and said, “Ugh...okay. Because of this...uh...” Celestia looked at Fluttershy and back at Sunset. Her frown slowly went away. “Never mind...we'll talk about this later...”

Celestia turned and left with a small huff. Fluttershy turned to Sunset and asked, “Um...are you two...uh...”

Sunset let out a sigh. “She helped me get enrolled into this school...and this is my first day here...”

“Oh...I see...” Fluttershy said, trying to find some comforting words. Fluttershy said the only thing she could think of. “Um...don't worry Sunset...it'll...uh...it'll all work out. You'll see.”

“Thanks...” Sunset laid back down again. “Hey, you can go ahead and go Fluttershy...I think I'll be fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah...but um...can I see you again tomorrow?”

“Sure.”

Sunset let out a reliving sigh. “Thanks...though I might get suspended...so, I might not be here tomorrow...”

“Yeah...that's okay Sunset. I'll ask Principal Celestia tomorrow if I don't see you.”

“Okay...”

Fluttershy soon left the room and Sunset was all alone. After a few hours passed, Celestia came and picked her up. The two soon left the school in pure, frightening silence. It wasn't until they were almost to Celestia's house that Celestia finally spoke. “Um...Sunset...are you friends with Fluttershy now?”

“I don't know...she said she'll meet me tomorrow unless I get suspended...” Sunset said as she looked out the car window.

“I see...according to the rules, I really should suspend you for getting into two fights in one day. However...I found out from Fluttershy's friend Rainbow Dash...” Celestia let out a huge sigh, “And Harshwhinny...that you saved her from Lightning Dust...so...I'm gonna let you off the hook just this once Sunset.”

“Um...” Sunset tried not to tear up, “You don't have to do that...”

“I know...let's just...let's just forget it and move on, alright?” Celestia said with her usual calm smile.

Sunset showed a small smile. “Yes!”

“Oh, and if you get into another fight...you will be suspended. Got it?!”

“Yes Ma’am!”

Soon, they got to Celestia's house. There, they found Luna at the dining table, still drinking coffee. Sunset watched Luna chug down another cup and thought, 'Whoa...just how much coffee does she drink?! Then again...a better question is, when doesn't she drink coffee?!'

Sunset soon ate supper and went to her room. There, she fell onto her bed, completely exhausted from the day. “Ugh...still hurts...” she said to herself as she rubbed her bruises. She lifted her head and saw the blank journal, just sitting there on the small desk. 'Huh...guess I have something to write in it now...'

Sunset slowly got up and sat down at the desk. There, she just stared at the first blank page and thought, 'What do I do...what do I write...I mean, I could write down everything that happened to me today but...is that really worth it?' Sunset rubbed her head and said to herself, “You know what...it doesn’t matter, its my journal! I'll just write whatever I want to write!”

She took a pen and slowly put it to the paper. There, she wrote:


I'm not sure what to write here, so I'm just gonna write my thoughts right now. Today has been a day of firsts for me and a day filled with fighting and anger and all kinds of horrible things and yet...I still wish I had my memories back. I wish...I just wish I had someone to talk about all this without them showing me sympathy because I have amnesia. I just want someone to talk to.

Tears went down Sunset's eyes as she tried to write more. She closed the journal and slowly walked over to the bed. There, she fell over, her head buried in the pillows and thought, 'Ugh...I can't even write a journal entry right...its like everything I do just...I don't know, nothing works. If only I could remember...'

BZZZT! BZZZT!

Sunset lifted her head up and looked around, trying to figure out where that sound had come from. Her eyes grew from both fear and confusion as she saw what was making the sound. It was the journal, which was now glowing and vibrating on her desk. Sunset slowly got up and went over to the journal, thinking, 'Uh...can journals do that?'

Sunset poked the journal.

BZZZT!

“Whoa!” Sunset leaped back and slightly grabbed the journal. There, she opened the journal and saw a bunch of words slowly appear under the page she had written on. “What the...what is this?!”

The words under her entry were these:


Hello,

I'm not sure who this is or why you are saying these negative words about yourself, but I want you to know this. If you want someone to talk to, I'll do it. My name is Twilight Sparkle, what's yours?

Sunset's eyes scanned the three sentences and she said to herself, “Twilight Sparkle? Who's that?!”

Author's Note:

PLEASE READ!!!

I had no idea how this chapter was gonna work when I started writing it. However, I hope everypony likes the ending of this chapter and don't worry, I'll explain why Twilight has the journal in the next chapter.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next