• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 10,388 Views, 1,942 Comments

A Lost Sunset - KingJoltik



Sunset Shimmer has betrayed Celestia and entered the mirror to another world. However, the first day in this new world would change everything when an accident causes Sunset Shimmer to lose her memories.

  • ...
34
 1,942
 10,388

PreviousChapters Next
Testing for School

Tap! Tap! Tap!

Sunset continued to tap one of her fingers on the desk. She had observed Luna doing it earlier and the habit had somehow transferred to Sunset. Thankfully, she didn't mind it at all. What Sunset did mind was the fact that she had spent almost thirty minutes staring at the journal, trying to find the words she wanted to write. She just sat there, thinking, 'What do I write? I mean, is there really anything I can write down besides, 'Dear journal, I lost my memory and then I found out my name is Sunset Shimmer and I now live with a nice lady named Miss Celestia, who offered to take care of me.' Yeah...that sounds so exciting...ugh, I can't believe this...' Sunset put down the pen. She took one last glance at the blank journal and closed it. 'Forget it...there's nothing I can write in this journal that's worth writing...Besides, it's not like writing in this dumb thing will change anything...'

Sunset soon got up from the desk and went to bed. There she slowly laid down on her bed and went under the covers. Her eyes slowly closed and soon, she was asleep.

The next day...

“Good morning!” exclaimed Celestia as she entered Sunset's room with a giant smile. Sunset slowly opened her eyes, trying to figure out what was going on.

“SHUT UP CELESTIA!” yelled Luna from across the house. “STOP BEING SO HAPPY BEFORE I HAVE MY MORNING COFFEE!”

“I know Luna...I know...” said Celestia as her face changed from happy to annoyed. “Sorry about my sister...she happens to like the night...a lot...”

Sunset blinked several times and got up and stretched her arms. “Good morning...” she said as she tried to put herself together. Sunset got out of bed with a long yawn as she stretched her arms again. She realized she had a strange urge to scratch herself but resisted to do so. Sunset glanced at Celestia as she gave another huge grin. “Uh...why are you smiling so much?”

“Oh nothing...its just...well...nice to have someone here.”

“Oh...okay...”

Celestia's smile shrank a little but it was still there. 'Sunset...looks like the poor girl is still confused...I wonder what she would be like if she had her memory back...' Soon, the two entered the kitchen, where Celestia began to make waffles and started Luna's coffee. “Okay Sunset...since you seem to still be...adjusting to everything...do you just want to relax today?”

Sunset shook her head. “No. I think...I think I need to accept that my memories gone and move on Miss Celestia.”

“Just call me Celestia and...are you sure?” Celestia's expression changed to a face filled with worry. “I mean...you still don't know who you are.”

“It's fine...” Sunset twiddled her thumbs as she continued talking. “I stayed up last night with that journal and...I didn't write in it.”

“You didn't? Why not?”

“Well...its not like I had anything I could write about myself anyways. All I could write is the fact that I don't remember anything and that you're taking care of me.” Sunset showed a small frown. “Besides, even if I accept the fact that my memories are gone...its not like writing that down will change anything...”

“I see...we should still try to get your memories back though..."

"I know...I just...I'll figure it out later, is that okay?"

"If that's what you want to do, then that's fine. Why don't we just have breakfast and then we can try those tests?”

“Sure.” Sunset nodded and showed a small smile. “Those waffles sure smell good.” Sunset stopped for a second and thought, 'Huh...for some reason, it feels like my nose should be a bit better at smelling things...but it isn't...I wonder why...'

“I know they smell good! That and I'm glad you know what a waffle is...”

“Yeah...I think I've heard of them before...though I'm not sure if I've ever eaten one before...”

Celestia walked over and put a plate of waffles in front of Sunset. “Then here's to a new experience!”

Sunset showed a huge grin. “Okay! Thank you Celestia!”

“Heh heh...don't mention it!”

The two had a great time eating breakfast even though Sunset didn't really have anything to talk about. Thankfully, Celestia had plenty of stories to tell about her times as the Principal of Canterlot High. Soon Luna came to the kitchen, only to grab her coffee and quickly turn around and go back to her room. Sunset gave a face of both shock and confusion. “Um...is she always like that in the morning?”

“Yeah...don't worry, when the afternoon rolls around, she's a completely different person.”

“Is she nice when she changes?”

“Oh yeah. Heck, she's probably nicer than me when the time comes around.”

“Wow...that's gonna be hard to beat if you say she's nicer than you...”

The two shared a small laugh. Celestia left the dinning room and soon came back with the tests. There, she gave Sunset the tests and a small pencil. A few hours later, Sunset was done and gave the tests back. Celestia quickly graded the papers and confronted Sunset.

“Okay Sunset...I just got done grading your tests and...”

Sunset showed a small frown again. “Oh no...are they bad?”

“No! Not at all Sunset...in fact, I am very impressed with the results!”

“Really?!” Sunset gave a face filled with surprise.

“Yes.” Celestia nodded. “You passed almost every test with near perfection...and some of these are slightly advanced tests. However, you...um...failed one test though...”

“Oh...what did I fail?”

“History.”

Sunset slumped over. “Yeah...I had a feeling you were going to say that...when I took that test...I had no idea what any of the questions were asking...I didn't recognize any of the people or places it was talking about...”

“Yeah...” Celestia sat down, scratching her head. “Perhaps your amnesia affected that as well...however, you passed everything else with near perfection! That's really impressive Sunset!”

“Thanks.”

“This is really good Sunset. Tell me, were those tests easy for you?”

“Yeah.” Sunset nodded. “I barely had to think with all of the other tests.”

“That's good! Besides, everyone has a subject they're weak at. I can always ask Harshwhinny to help you with history later. Thanks to these tests, you should be at the level to go ahead and go to my school!”

“Really?! Are you sure?”

“Yeah.” Celestia nodded. “In fact, you probably are already at a higher level than you should be at your age!”

“Wow...thank you Celestia!”

“Heh heh...no problem! Don't worry, I already signed you up for tomorrow! Is that okay?”

“Yeah! As I said earlier, I've accepted that my memories are gone and I need to go ahead and move on.”

Celestia showed her usual calm smile, “That's a really grown up thing to say Sunset. Alright, tomorrow will be your first day of school then...you don't mind that do you?”

“No...Or at least I hope I don't mind...”

“Good. Though if you are going to go ahead and go to school...I need you to do one thing though.”

“Okay...what do I need to do?”

“You need to also try to make a friend.”

“A friend?” Sunset looked down as she heard those words. 'Huh...why do I have this weird feeling...like I've heard this before...'

The next day...

Sunset's eyes kept growing. Now, she knew she had actually already seen the school before, she just didn't remember it. She began exiting Celestia's car. “Okay Sunset, we're finally here!”

“...”

“Sunset?”

“It's big...”

“Hee hee, I know its big Sunset. Now, I already gave you the map of the school. You still have it don't you?”

“Yeah.” Sunset nodded. “My first class is there, right?” she asked as she pointed out a room on the map.

“Yes.” Celestia gave her usual calm kind smile. “Don't worry, you'll do fine.”

“Okay...thanks.”

“No problem, now remember Sunset, I want you to try and make a friend, alright? I've got to go to the back entrance for a meeting so I'll let you off here.”

“Okay.” said Sunset as began to walk to the main entrance of the school. 'Okay Sunset...' she thought, 'first day of school...hope this goes well...'

As she entered the large double doors to the school, a small group of teenagers began to walk to the school entrance. The group was two girls and two boys. Then, one boy spoke up, “Hey Gilda, isn't that the chick that got totaled in a fight with you a month ago?”

Gilda paused for a second as she saw Sunset enter the building. “Yeah Hoops, I think that's her.”

The other girl in the group gave a huge grin. “So Gilda, should we give her a 'friendly' welcome back?”

Gilda gave a grin back. “Yeah Lightning Dust...that's sounds like a great idea!”

Author's Note:

Out of the frying pan...

Also, if everypony is wondering, Sunset accepting the whole memory thing isn't complete. She will still be trying to get her memory back, just not now. The next chapter will make her change that outlook for...certain reasons. The reasons should be quite obvious at the end of this chapter.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next