• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 10,425 Views, 1,942 Comments

A Lost Sunset - KingJoltik



Sunset Shimmer has betrayed Celestia and entered the mirror to another world. However, the first day in this new world would change everything when an accident causes Sunset Shimmer to lose her memories.

  • ...
34
 1,942
 10,425

PreviousChapters Next
It was the Worst of Times

“I can't take this Celestia! I can't take another hour of this!” Luna moaned as her head laid on a table, her cheek squishing into it. “When will it end?!”

“In another hour Luna. There's only one more meeting and then we can meet up with Cadance. Doesn't that sound fun?”

“It does sound fun Celestia...but we have to do another hour of Spoiled Rich's rantings! It's too much! Why is she the head of the grand board?!”

“I know, I know.” Celestia said as she sipped a cup of coffee. “I can't stand her as well. Though I must say, I'm just glad Sombra isn't here...or Chrysalis. I can't stand that woman.”

“Oh?” Luna arched her eyebrow with a teasing smile. “Don't wanna see your ex?”

“Be quiet Luna. Sombra and I are done, understand?”

“Yeah yeah...I did hear Chrysalis isn't here because she's pregnant with another kid. Can't believe she heads the state education office and yet she keeps doing that.”

“Yeah...makes sense why she's not here though.” Celestia finished her cup and shined her usual smile. “So, ready for the final meeting for today?”

“No.”

“Oh come on Luna, it isn't that bad.”

“It is. Why can't I go back to the hotel room?”

“Because we have a job to do here Luna. Besides, after this we'll meet up with Cadance and then go see Sunset.” Celestia grabbed her sister's shoulder and began tugging. “Come on. Let's get this over with and then we can go have some fun with Cadance and Sunset, alright?”

“Okay.” Luna slowly got up, her hair drooped down. “Say, what do you think Sunset is up to right now?”

Celestia's grin grew at the thought, “Oh, she's probably reading her book or calling her friends. I'm sure she's fine.”

Meanwhile...

Sunset just sat there, looking at the three girls. As she continued to stare, her body felt a chill. It felt like icicles poking at her spine. She didn't know why, but she wanted to cross her arms and curl up into a ball. 'What...what is this feeling? Who...who are these three? And...why? Why does it feel like something I've felt before?'

Then, before Cherry or Sunset could say anything, the three took a deep breath and closed their eyes. Adagio began to sing and the other two soon followed. A melodious tune escaped from their mouths. The song was hypnotic in nature, its rhythm constantly flowing. As the song continued, Sunset's eyes were no longer looking at the trio. Instead, she began to look around the diner, her vision beginning to panic. 'What the...what is this?! What is that song?!' Her eyes looked at the ground, seeing an unbelievable sight. 'What is that?! Why is there this sudden green mist?!'

“SILVER! YOU STUPID IDIOT! WHERE'S THAT DRINK THE CUSTOMER ORDERED?! WHERE IS IT ALREADY?!” Cherry suddenly yelled, causing Sunset to almost stumble out of her seat.

“Miss Cherry, what are you-”

“SHUT UP! YOUR ORDER WILL BE HERE IN A SECOND!” screamed Cherry.

“Whoa! What the-”

“BE QUIET! CAN'T YOU SEE I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING IN THIS STUPID PLACE ALREADY?! I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR COMPLAINTS!”

“But I-” Sunset stopped herself. 'Why is she suddenly so angry? This doesn't-' Sunset turned and saw the other customers in the diner arguing with each other in their booth. 'Wait a minute, they're arguing too...why? No, they're not just arguing...they're flat out yelling and screaming at each other. It's like-'

Sunset couldn't finish her next thought. Her eyes stopped her as they widened from the next sight she saw. The green mist in the diner suddenly began to move again. Her eyes followed it till it disappeared from sight. Where it disappeared to however, blew Sunset's mind. 'Did that weird mist just get absorbed by those girls pendants? Am I seeing that right? What...what is going on?!'

“Tch...that wasn't much.” grumbled one of the girls.

“For realizes? That's it? That was barely yummy.” said the other, her head drooping down. Then, the girl looked up and saw Sunset standing there, unaffected. “Hey! Look at that!”

“What?” Adagio said, opening her eyes. The other girl soon followed and the three just stood there, staring at Sunset. Sunset on the other hand, kept looking at the raging Cherry and back at the trio. She then began to shout at the three.

“Hey! What did you do to Miss Cherry?! Tell me!”

Her voice fell on deaf ears as one the girls spoke up, “Adagio, how is she...not affected?”

“I'm...I'm not sure.” Adagio replied, her head slightly turned in confusion. “Interesting. We've never met a human that can resist our voices.”

“For realzies?! Does that mean we can't control her?!” the one girl exclaimed, her body flailing in a panic. “What do we do?!”

Smack!

“Ow!”

“First, you shut up Sonata!” said the other girl as she finished a slap across Sonata's head. She then turned to Adagio. “Okay leader, what's the plan?”

“Hmm...good question Aria.” Adagio muttered as she closed her eyes, her mind deep in thought, 'This is bad. We always just sing our song, make the humans do whatever we want or have them tear each other apart. Then we tell them to forget everything and everything's fine. But...if this girl can't be controlled...can't be controlled. Wait a minute! Why can't she be controlled?! Every human we've met has never had any resistance to our magic. Hmm...human...' Adagio opened her eyes as she stared at the yelling Sunset. “Hey!”

Sunset quickly flinched at Adagio's sudden response. “What the-hey! What did you do to everyone here?!”

“Shut up!” Aria barked back.

“Now now Aria, there's no need to be rude to this...who are you?”

“I...why should I tell you my name?!” Sunset responded, her eyes filled with anger. “What did you do to these people?! What's that green mist?!

“Alright, if you won't tell us who you are...” Adagio crossed her arms with a smirk. “Then tell me this, are you from Equestria?”

“WHAT?!” yelped the other two. Sunset didn't respond, only stood there with her jaw completely dropped. Her eyes bugged out as her brain kept repeating the question she just heard.

“Adagio! What are you-”

“Be quiet Aria!” Adagio said with a glare. “Think about it for a second, why is she able to resist our songs?”

“That-” Aria's jaw froze, her mouth wide open. No noise came out of it as she began to catch on. “Oh...wait, you mean she could be-”

“Yeah. I think she might.” Adagio said with a huge grin. “This could be what we're looking for.”

“What are you...” Sunset stuttered, still trying to process what Adagio had just asked. Then her jaw quickly closed as her mind went a thousand miles a minute. 'Wait...these three girls...did she just say Equestria?! So...there are others besides me?!' Sunset looked back at the restaurant, seeing the now bickering customers and rage-filled Cherry Jubilee. 'And I'm pretty sure they're evil...great. Now what do I do?'

“Hey! We're talking to you!” Adagio barked. “Look at us when we're speaking to you!”

Sunset turned around and glared at the three. “Hey! Don't tell me what to do!” She quickly waved her right arm out. “And stop doing whatever you're doing to this people here!”

“Oh yeah?” Aria barked back. “You and what army?!”

“Why you...” Sunset looked back at Cherry, seeing her unnatural rage filled face. She stared back at the trio with an angry glare, her body focusing into a fighting stance. Her fists clinched as she prepared herself. “Stop doing what you're doing or else!”

“Oh yeah?! How about I-” Aria said, only to be stopped by Adagio's hand.

“That's enough Aria. Now...we'll fix this if you tell us who you are.”

Sweat dripped down Sunset's face, her throat feeling scratchy. 'What do I do? I mean...she did say Equestria and...what do I do if they end up asking about Equestria?! I don't remember anything about Equestria! What do I do?!' After a small gulp, she made a decision. 'Forget it! These three are obviously trouble...but, what do I do?! I have to do something...' she cricked her neck as she stared them down. She gritted her teeth, ready to charge at them. “I'm not telling you anything! Stop this right now or I'm gonna make you stop!”

“Is that so?” Adagio said, her eyebrow arched in skepticism. She turned to her companions. “So...any ideas?”

"Hey! Stop ignoring me!"

“Well...uh...” Aria stuttered. “I don't know. Do you really think she's from Equestria?!”

“Yeah.” Adagio nodded.

“Okay...and our song didn't work so-”

“Does that mean we can't control her Dagi?” Sonata interrupted. “Isn't that bad?”

“Could be Sonata. She might become our first real witness of our abilities.”

“That sounds bad.”

“I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with her.” Aria groaned. “What do we do, oh great leader?”

“Well, since she won't cooperate...” Adagio presented her hand and snapped her fingers. “Everyone in here...get her.”

“What?!” Sunset stuttered before she felt a strong tug on her arm. “Augh! What the-”

“COME HERE!!” Cherry yelled, her body leaning over the counter as she tugged on Sunset's arm. “YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY!”

“Let go of me Cherry! You're not in-”

BAM!

A swift blow struck the back of her head, causing Sunset to stumble. She turned around, only to see two adult males towering over her. “Wait, don't-ugh!” The two quickly pushed her down, her body tumbling to the floor. As she tried to get up, a hand gripped her head, pinning her to the ground. “No...let me...go!”

“Sorry, no can do Equestrian. Since our song didn't work on you, we'll have to get our answers another way.” Adagio said as she walked up to Sunset. As she stood over Sunset, she leaned down with a devilish grin. “Sorry to say, but you're coming with us.” Adagio looked back up at the men and snapped her fingers. “Knock her out.”

Another blow hit Sunset's head and her consciousness began to fade. As she tried to stay awake, she could hear the orders Adagio began to make. “You two, carry her. The rest of you, forget everything that happened here, got it?” Adagio turned around and smiled at her companions. “So...you girls ready?”

“Sure...but you sure we can get anything out of her?”

“Oh yeah, I saw her reaction when we asked about Equestria. She's stranded here, just like us. And if she's stranded, you know what that means.” Grins began to form on the trio's faces. “Now, let's have some fun. Shall we?”

Author's Note:

If you think that the beginning of this chapter was just for a cut-away, its not. Celestia and Luna will play a big part in this arc. That and Cadance. Also, I hope I don't go too dark with this arc...it shouldn't get too dark, hopefully it won't go beyond the Everyone rating. Then again...I hope I don't have to change the rating. I'm still a bit nervous about all this...oh well.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next