• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 10,388 Views, 1,942 Comments

A Lost Sunset - KingJoltik



Sunset Shimmer has betrayed Celestia and entered the mirror to another world. However, the first day in this new world would change everything when an accident causes Sunset Shimmer to lose her memories.

  • ...
34
 1,942
 10,388

PreviousChapters Next
The Fire Still Burns

“I'm gonna pay huh?!” Lightning barked as spit flew out of her mouth. She cricked her neck as she put herself in a fighting pose. She gestured her hand, telling Rainbow to bring it. “Make me.”

Rainbow just stared daggers at Lightning. Her fists tightened as she continued to stand there, glaring at Lightning. As the two stared each other down, Fluttershy went over to Sunset, calling her name. “Sunset? Sunset?! Are you okay?!”

Sunset laid there for a few seconds, her head still in constant pain. Her eyes twitched as she began to hear Fluttershy's voice. 'What is that...that voice...' she thought as she tried to wake up. Her eyes slowly opened and looked up at a blurry image. “Wha...” she muttered while staring at the image.

“Are you okay?!” Fluttershy said as she bent over and tried to pick up Sunset. “Please tell me you're okay!”

“Uh...er...I...” Sunset stuttered as her eyes began to focus. “Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy showed a smile and gave her a hug. “Sunset!”

“Ugh...you okay Fluttershy?” Sunset said as she tried to hug back. Fluttershy kept hugging her, “I'm fine Sunset. Come on, we're getting out of here.”

“But what about-”

“It's okay. Rainbow Dash is here.”

“Rainbow?”

Fluttershy picked Sunset up. There, Sunset leaned on Fluttershy as she watched Rainbow and Lightning began to fight. The two had just stood there, staring each other down for a bit. Then, Lightning let out a roar and shot out the first punch. It zoomed through the air like a bolt of fire, heading straight for Rainbow's face. At the last second, Rainbow's head leaned to the left, dodging the blow. Rainbow quickly countered with an uppercutting punch, aiming for Lightning's chin. Lightning quickly stepped back, barely dodging the punch. However, she didn't dodge the second punch, as it slammed into her face.

“Augh!” yelped Lightning as she stumbled back a little. She quickly recovered and glared at Rainbow with rage. “I'll kill you!”

Lightning charged Rainbow, swinging punch after punch out. Rainbow kept stepping back, dodging every punch as the two went down the alleyway. Fluttershy pulled Sunset out of the way and the two started to leave. Lightning continued her rage of punches, still trying to hit Rainbow. She nicked Rainbow once or twice, but the fists never fully hit her. Then, Rainbow cocked her arm back and shot it Lightning like a shotgun. But the punch missed. Lightning's head barely dodged it and rammed Rainbow into the alleyway wall.

“Ergh!” moaned Rainbow as Lightning slammed her into the wall. Then, Lightning unleashed a flurry of blows, hitting Rainbow again and again. Lightning began to yell as she continued to hit Rainbow, “I. WILL. BEAT-UGH!”

Lightning's yell turned into a wheeze of pain. Rainbow had slammed her knee into Lightning's stomach. Several coughs expelled themselves from Lightning's mouth as she tried to recover. “You...little...”

POW!

Rainbow swung a right hook into Lightning's face, causing the girl to spin her body in pain. As she spun around, she struggled to keep her balance. Rainbow wiped off a bit of blood on her lip as she watched Lightning recover. “Give up Lightning.”

Lightning let out another cough. “Never. I'm gonna beat you Rainbow.”

“Oh really?” Rainbow said with an arched eyebrow. Lightning let out a angry snort and charged Rainbow again. Rainbow began to counter with a punch and the two hit each other at the same time. Both recoiled from the blow and glared at each other again. The two clinched their fists again and charged. This time though, Rainbow took the punch to the face. However, after the punch had hit her, she continued to charge and slammed her knee into Lightning's gut again. As Lightning wheezed in pain again, Rainbow did one last punch into Lightning's face, knocking her over. After that last punch, Lightning landed on the concrete with a thud.

“Ugh...no...” she moaned. “Why...why...”

“Why can't you beat me?”

“Yeah...”

“Because you hurt my friends.” Rainbow said as she walked away. “And if you ever go after them again, I'll do more than just beat you Lightning Dust.”

Lightning laid there, watching Rainbow slowly walk away and said to herself, “Ugh...I hate you Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow exited the alleyway and rubbed her shoulder. 'Man...that really hurt...' Then, Rainbow suddenly came to a screeching halt. She noticed that someone was missing as she left the alleyway. 'Uh-oh...'

Meanwhile...

Sunset continued to lean on Fluttershy as the two slowly walked back to the animal shelter. “Don't worry Sunset.” Fluttershy said in a kind voice. “Miss Tree Hugger has a first aid kit at the shelter. She'll be able to help us...”

Sunset tried to smile but couldn't. She could only cough and feel the pain surrounding her body. Sunset let out another cough and said, “Hey Fluttershy...could I ask you something?”

“Sure. What is it?”

“How did Rainbow know to come here and...well, rescue us?”

“Oh. I texted her before we left the shelter. She said she was already at Sugarcube Corner. I'm guessing she must have realized something was wrong when we didn't show up.”

“Oh...that makes sense...” Sunset said with a moan. Fluttershy gave a concerned look and asked, “Are you sure you're okay? We can stop if you want to...”

“No...I'm okay.” Sunset said with a false smile. “I just-URGH!”

“Sunset!”

A foot smashed itself into Sunset's back, causing her to fall onto the concrete again. Sunset's head tapped the concrete and her eyes began to close. Fluttershy tried to grab Sunset only for someone to grab her hair. She let out a yelp as her hair continued to be pulled. Fluttershy finally escaped and turned to see the attacker. “Gilda...”

“Hey wimp.” Gilda replied as she spit out some blood from her mouth. Gilda then reached out her arm and grabbed Fluttershy's collar. Fluttershy grabbed Gilda's arm, struggling to get free. “Let. Me. Go!”

“Sorry, no can do.” Gilda said as she spit on her face. She then shifted her head to the side and yelled. “Get up Sunset! We're not done!”

Sunset laid there, her ears barely hearing Gilda's voice. Her eyes twitched open and close, barely between consciousness and unconsciousness. Then, her eyes fulled closed.

“Get up Sunset! Do you hear me?! Get up!”

Sunset laid there, motionless. Her body didn't move. But Sunset wasn't fully unconscious. She just laid there and thought, 'Ugh...it hurts...it hurts all over...' Her mouth tried to let out a groan of pain. 'My body...it won't move...but...I have to...my...friend...'

“Guess she isn't getting up wimp.” Gilda said with a mischievous smile as she glared at Fluttershy. “You know, I don't have anything against a loser like you...but that doesn't mean I can't help my pal Lightning out.”

Fluttershy kept struggling, trying to break free of Gilda's grip. But it was useless. Tears began to run down her face again as Gilda just stood there, laughing.

“Let her go.”

“Huh?” Gilda said as she stopped laughing. She turned her head, only to see Sunset completely up. But something was wrong. If looks could kill, it would be what Sunset looked like right now. There was so much anger and fury on her face she looked like fire could blast out of her eyes. Gilda trembled slightly as she let go of Fluttershy and faced Sunset. Fluttershy took a few steps back, slightly terrified at the face Sunset was giving. Gilda hid her surprise and slight fear with a face of confidence. “So...you finally got up.”

“Shut up.” Sunset said in a grim tone. She put up her fists and cricked her neck. “Just fight me already.”

“Best thing I've heard all day!” Gilda replied as she cracked her knuckles. She gave a playful, yet malicious smile. “Let's finish this loser!”

As soon as the words exited Gilda's mouth, a sudden punch shot out, barely missing her face. Gilda stepped back, trying to read Sunset’s next attack. Two more fists came flying at her, the first she dodged while the second just grazed her cheek. Gilda retaliated with a punch of her own, slamming Sunset in the gut. A small wheeze escaped Sunset's mouth as Gilda began to hit Sunset more and more. Punch after punch hit Sunset's face. Then, Sunset's palm went out and caught one of Gilda's fists. The other hand slammed a fist into Gilda's nose.

“AUGH! Again with the nose?!” she yelped as she stumbled back, her hands over her nose. “Seriously?!”

Sunset didn't speak, she just charged Gilda again, swinging punch after punch. Several blows hit Gilda like a machine gun, her face taking hit after hit. Gilda then kicked Sunset's shin and hit her face again. Sunset stumbled back, her legs trying to keep balance. Gilda charged forward and swung another punch out. But the punch didn't connect. Instead, Sunset's punch had hit first.

“Darn it...” Gilda muttered as she stumbled back again and finally fell over. Sunset let out a cry of pain as her legs began to lose power. As she started to fall over, Fluttershy ran up and grabbed her. “Sunset! Are you alright?!”

“Uhhh...no. I don't feel...so...good...” Sunset moaned. Her head drooped down and let out another groan. Fluttershy tried to keep her friend standing. “Please lean on me Sunset. Don't worry, I'll help you.”

“FLUTTERSHY! SUNSET!” yelled a voice behind them. Fluttershy turned her head and saw Rainbow Dash running towards them. Fluttershy shined a smile. “Rainbow!”

“I'm here! Are you two okay?!” Rainbow said as she stopped in front of them. Fluttershy showed a small frown. “I'm fine, but Sunset...”

“Yeah. She's pretty beat up...” Rainbow said as she put her arm over Sunset's shoulder. “Here, lean on me Sunset.”

“Okay...” muttered Sunset. “Thanks Rainbow...”

“No problem.” Rainbow said as the three began to walk down the sidewalk. Fluttershy continued to stare at the beaten Sunset as she asked, “Um...is it okay to leave Gilda like that?”

“She'll be fine.” Rainbow said in a dull tone. “I left Lightning Dust in the alleyway...pretty sure she can still walk.”

“Pretty sure?”

“Yeah...pretty sure.” Rainbow said as she kicked in the door to the animal shelter. Fluttershy took a deep breath and yelled. “Miss Tree Hugger! We need help!”

“Huh?” Tree Hugger said as she put down a book. “Oh, hey Fluttershy. Like why are you-WHOA! What happened?!”

“Um...it's a long story. Can you get the first aid kit?”

“Like totally! Just give me a minute.” Tree Hugger responded as she got up and ran to another room. Rainbow set Sunset down in a lobby chair and gave Fluttershy a concerned look. “Wow...they really tore into her, didn't they?”

“Yeah...I just...” Fluttershy's eyes began to show tears again. “I hope she's okay...”

Sunset laid in the chair, her head drooping down. Her eyes were closed as she tried to get any energy left in her system. But she couldn't. The two watching her sat down beside her, trying to keep her awake. It was then that another person entered the place.

“Sunset! Sorry I'm late! It's time to-What in the world?!” yelled a voice as it entered the animal shelter.

“Principal Celestia?!” exclaimed Rainbow with a puzzled look. “What's she doing here?!”

“Um...er...”

“Okay, what happened here?!” Celestia said in a half yell as she walked up to the trio. “Why is Sunset all beat up?! And why do you two have bruises as well? We're you all fighting?!”

Fluttershy began to twiddle her thumbs as she said, “Um...Its a long story.”

Author's Note:

Yeah...this chapter is even cheesier than the last one. Sorry. The next chapter will cut to the next day. Don't worry, Sunset will be just fine.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next