• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 10,424 Views, 1,942 Comments

A Lost Sunset - KingJoltik



Sunset Shimmer has betrayed Celestia and entered the mirror to another world. However, the first day in this new world would change everything when an accident causes Sunset Shimmer to lose her memories.

  • ...
34
 1,942
 10,424

PreviousChapters Next
When It Rains

Sunset wasn't sure how to react. All she could do was stare at the girl in front of her. She just stood there as Trixie slowly removed the bucket off of her head, water still pouring down her body. Sunset stared at Trixie's face. Sunset had already seen plenty of angry faces these past two days but this one might put those to shame. She was pretty sure if Trixie's face could be any more angry than it was already showing, her face would split and become a skull with fire blasting out of her eyes. Needless to say, Sunset's face went pale as she saw the rage filled Trixie slowly walk up to her.

Trixie's mouth opened and it sounded like a cross between hissing and fire breathing, “So...you think you can just humiliate Trixie, do you?!”

“I...uh...” stuttered Sunset as her ears started to hear the other students in the hallway. She could hear their snickering and giggles, laughing at Trixie's current predicament. Trixie grabbed Sunset's collar and yelled. “YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?!”

“But I-” Sunset stuttered as she began to flail her arms up and down.

“SHUT UP! THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE IS ANGRY RIGHT NOW!”

“Wait-”

“TRIXIE WILL NOT BE HUMILATED BY YOU ANYMORE!”

“I didn't-”

“SHUT UP!”

Sunset tried to respond but it fell on deaf ears. But the screaming didn't fall on deaf ears as a student yelled. “FIGHT!” Then another, “FIGHT!” and another upon another student. “FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!”

Soon, the two were surrounded by a crowd of students, all yelling for Sunset and Trixie to fight. Trixie gripped Sunset's collar even more as she pulled her other hand back. The hand slowly turned into a fist. “Wait Trixie! I don't want to-I didn't-”

“SHUT UP!” screamed Trixie as her fist began to shake, ready to hit Sunset.

“ENOUGH!” yelled a loud harsh voice. At that moment, every student froze. Its was as if the entire hallway students all became stiff boards. Trixie and Sunset's heads turned as they both saw the voice's origin. It was Luna. Sunset and Trixie turned their heads and looked at each other, their faces now both pale and filled with fear. Sunset opened her mouth, “Uh...”

“Don't talk. Either of you.” Luna cricked her neck. “Both of you are coming to my office this instant.” Luna looked at Trixie, her body and clothing still drenched in water. “Um...you can go to the locker room and dry off Trixie...then come to my office.”

“Okay.” squeaked Trixie as she let go Sunset and quickly shuffled down the hallway. Luna glared at the other students who quickly ran away. She put her hand on Sunset's shoulder and let out a sigh. “Come on Sunset, let's go to my office.”

“Yeah...okay...” Sunset said with a gulp. She slowly walked right by Luna as the two went down to her office.

Sunset soon found herself in a chair outside of the office. Luna told her she needed to prepare something for their talk. As Sunset sat there, she turned and saw a young student. As she looked at the student, Sunset thought, 'Who's this? That's some swirly purple hair...and why does her eyes look like swirls as well? Not only that, that is a weird hat...how does that propeller keep spinning like that?'

The girl turned and gave Sunset a huge grin. “Hi! My name is Screwball! What's yours?”

“Uh...I'm Sunset Shimmer.” Screwball pulled out her hand for a hand shake. “Nice to meet ya Sunset Shimmer!”

“You too...” Sunset said as she slowly reached her hand out. At that moment, Luna walked out of her office and saw what was about to happen. “No! Wait-”

But it was too late...

BZZZT!

“Yeow!” yelped Sunset as she grabbed her hand in pain. “What was that?!”

Screwball fell out of her chair in a fit of laughter. “HAHAHAHAHAHA! You fell for it! You fell for it! You fell for the old hand buzzer gag!”

“SCREWBALL!” yelled Luna. “That is not funny!” Luna walked over to Sunset and placed her hand on her shoulder. “Are you okay Sunset?”

“Yeah...it just stings...” Sunset said as she rubbed her hand. Luna pulled her up and said, “Come on Sunset Shimmer, I'm going to see you first.”

The two walked into Luna's office where Luna quickly sat down behind her desk. There Sunset saw her drink yet another cup of coffee with a small frown on her face. Luna sighed, “Hmm...the 13th cup just isn't that good...little too hot...”

Sunset sat down and slowly opened her mouth. “Um...I...”

“Don't say a word Sunset.” Luna said as she shuffled some papers on her desk. “What happened wasn't your fault.”

“It...wait, you knew?”

“Yes. You just met that girl out there, right?”

“You mean Screwball?”

“Yeah...” Luna let out a sigh with a sip of coffee. “She is another troublemaker we have at this school. She likes to pull pranks on anyone.”

“So...you mean she's the one-”

“That dumped that bucket of water on Trixie? Yes. Though I imagine it was meant for you.”

“For me?! Why?!”

“Yes. She likes to prank new students in particular. I suspect when Harshwhinny found her, she interrupted her before she could...” Another sigh. “Prank you...”

“Oh...”

“Harshwhinny brought her to me and told me what was going on. Thankfully, I was able to stop Trixie before a fight broke out.” Luna took one last sip. “Now...I'm not going to punish you for this Sunset.”

“You aren't?”

“Its not your fault. Though I do suggest you avoid Trixie for right now. That girl has a habit of expressing her thoughts...very loudly to say the least.”

“Okay...”

“I need you to go ahead and leave so you can get back to class. I'm going to be talking to Screwball next and then Trixie. Don't worry, I'll explain what happened to Trixie. However, I will warn you, there is a good chance both Screwball and Trixie will be joining you for detention. Sorry, but that's the rules.”

“No, its fine. I understand.” Sunset nodded and proceeded to leave the office. “Thank you Luna.”

“No problem. Just make sure you stay out of trouble, alright?” Luna poured another cup of coffee. “Aaahhh...nothing better than the 18th cup...”

'18th cup?!' thought Sunset. 'Didn't she just finish her 13th one?!' Sunset decided not to ask and just left the office. She noticed Screwball just sitting there outside of the office. Screwball just sat there and waved while showing a huge mischievous smile. 'Yeah...I have a feeling I'm not going to get along with you...'

Sunset soon left and proceeded to her latest class. She looked around, seeing if she would see Trixie before getting to class but there was no such luck.

Equestria...

“Let me get this straight...you think Sunset Shimmer went through this mirror?” asked Twilight with a curious look.

“Yes.” Celestia nodded.

“And this mirror is a portal to another world?!” asked Twilight, her eyes now shining at the idea. “That sounds amazing!”

“That's not why I showed you this Twilight.”

“I know.” Twilight eyes stopped shining and pulled out the magic book. “So...you think Sunset may be in this other world and the portal won't open for over two years...wow...”

“That's correct.”

“Yeah...” Twilight's eyes scanned all of Sunset's entries in the book. “But there's no evidence that she did though...Of course, she could have forgot that too...”

“I know...I do know she had been studying the mirror though.”

“You do?”

“Yes. I introduced her to the mirror after all..”

“You did?!” said Twilight in a slightly panicked tone. “Why?!”

“It...is part of another test...A test I regretted making her do...” Celestia shrugged while her face slowly showed a frown. “That's not important Twilight. What's important is what happens next my faithful student.”

“What happens next?”

“Yes...I want to hear your opinion over all this Twilight.” Celestia turned and stared at Twilight with concerned eyes. Twilight felt like she was going to shrink at the sight of Celestia. “Um...my opinion?”

“Yes.” Celestia nodded again. “You see Twilight, according to the entries in this book...Sunset has lost her memories. Now, I know just about everything about Sunset's life and...I'm not sure what to tell her...”

“You don't want to tell her about her lost memories?”

“Well...first, let me tell you a bit more about Sunset...for starters, she's an orphan.”

“An orphan?”

“Yes. Her parents died in an accident when she was just a foal. It was in the accident that I met her and saw the magic power inside of her.”

“Oh...how sad...” Twilight said as her ears drooped down. “So you don't want to tell her she doesn't have parents?”

“Well...its not just that. I just...I'm afraid of what will happen if she gets her memories back...or even what she'll do if we tell her what she forgot...”

“What do you think will happen?”

“She'll stop all contact. After all, our last meeting was...bitter to say the least...” Celestia's head and ears lowered.

“You mean she ran away and you're afraid it'll happen again...” Twilight said in a honest tone.

“Yes...” Celestia's head lowered even more. “I just...I don't want to fail her again...I want to help her...”

Twilight got up and hugged her mentor. “Don't worry...I'll help you get her back.”

Celestia wrapped her wings around Twilight as a small tear went down her face. “Thank you my faithful student...Thank you.”

Back at Canterlot High...

Sunset quickly went through her next few classes like a bolt of lightning. It was as if her day would fly by unless something bad was happening to her. Before she knew it, Sunset found herself heading to detention. 'Here we go...' she thought as she opened the door. 'Let's see who else is in there...'

Sunset froze after she closed the door to the classroom. Her eyes widened in fear as she saw all the people in the room. Inside was Cheerilee, Gilda, Lightning Dust, Trixie and Screwball. Sunset gulped and thought, 'Oh no...this is not going to end well...'

Author's Note:

I've wanted to make Sunset's first week of school basically a week of Murphy's Law. If it can happen, it'll happen to Sunset right now.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next