• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 10,454 Views, 1,942 Comments

A Lost Sunset - KingJoltik



Sunset Shimmer has betrayed Celestia and entered the mirror to another world. However, the first day in this new world would change everything when an accident causes Sunset Shimmer to lose her memories.

  • ...
34
 1,942
 10,454

PreviousChapters Next
Another Melody of Addiction

“A new song? Are you sure Adagio?”

“Yeah.” Adagio said with a gulp. “I know its been a few years...but I think I can make a new song that works.”

“Hmm...” Aria replied as she rubbed her chin. “Well, tell us when you want to test it. After all, it's not like she's gonna escape.”

“Yeah!” Sonata said while another taco flew into mouth. “And I'm *chomp* gonna make *crunch* more tacos...”

“No.” Aria yelled as she slammed her fist down. “No. More. Tacos.”

“Too bad!” Sonata said with her tongue sticking out. “I'm gonna-”

“NO!” Aria quickly got up and chased Sonata. The two ran down the hallway, both yelling at each other. Adagio merely facepalmed as she watched the duo leave.

“Ugh...why do I even bother working with those two.” she stretched her arms in despair. “I better get started on the song before they kill each other...”

Back in the room, Sunset shifted her body back and forth, trying to turn the chair around. The four legged chair slowly hopped around as Sunset continued to push and pull her body. 'Let's see...' she thought as her eyes observed the rest of the room. 'Behind me is...nothing. Great. Now what do I do?! I still can't move and I don't see anything sharp...' She closed her eyes for a second, 'Think Sunset, think. Hmm...if there's nothing sharp, is there any other way out of these ropes? I could try to get my phone but I'm gagged. However, if I can get it to my hand...'

“Yo!” Adagio exclaimed as she suddenly opened the door. “I'm guessing you-hey!” she quickly ran around the chair, leaning into Sunset. “So, think you can escape by rocking your chair around, huh? Well?!”

“Mmmmph.”

“Oh yeah, you're still gagged.” Adagio said as she facepalmed again. “Alright Equestrian, here's the deal. I'm gonna-”

“DAGI! ARIA WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE!”

“SHUT UP SONATA! I'M TRYING TO, ugh...nevermind.” she groaned as she grabbed the doorknob and pointed at Sunset. “Listen Equestrian, I'll be right back. And if I see that you've moved even an inch, you will regret it. Got it?”

“Mmmph.” Sunset replied, blinking.

“Right. Still gagged. Just don't move, okay?”

“Mmmph.”

“Good.” Adagio responded with a door slam. “Can't believe I have to...those two are gonna drive me crazy. Those little...”

Sunset continued to blink as she watched the door just sit there, fully slammed. Her eyes squinted as she began to think again. 'Great...just great Sunset. Still stuck in the chair. And I'm-' her train of thought was suddenly interrupted as she felt something in her pocket. She looked down, her eyes filled with worry. 'My phone! Celestia is still trying to reach me! Oh, if only I could reach it...' a sigh blew out of her nostrils. 'Blast it! Why are these stupid ropes so tight?! Wait...I think I can...' she stared at her left hand again. 'Come on, it's only a little loose but...nothing. Shoot. There's got to be something I can do...'

Meanwhile...

“Hmm...Sunset's still not picking up.” Celestia said as she put down her phone. “Luna, I'm starting to get worried.”

“I know you are Celestia but don't worry, I'm sure Sunset's fine.” Luna patted Celestia on the back. “Knowing that girl, she's probably just sitting on the hotel bed, her head stuck in a book.”

“I know, it's just-”

“AUNTIE!” yelled a certain voice. The duo's heads quickly turned, seeing their niece. “OVER HERE!”

“We're coming Cadance!” Luna exclaimed as she pulled Celestia's arm. “Come on sis, let's go meet Cadance and then we'll go get Sunset!”

“Okay okay...” Celestia said as she quickly joined Luna in a sprint. Soon, they found themselves in front of Cadance and two other individuals. The duo's eyes grew as they saw the people with Cadance. “Luna...is that...”

“I think it is. Berry Punch?! Is that you?!” Luna stuttered.

“Yo Luna!” Berry cheered as she slung her arm around Luna's shoulder. “It's been a while pal!”

Luna quickly shined a smile as she hugged Berry back. “It has! Last time I saw you was Sophomore year!”

As the two hugged each other, Cadance gave Celestia a quick hug. After that, she presented her other guest. “It's great to see you auntie! Also, this is my boyfriend...”

“Shining Armor.” he said as he shook Celestia's hand. “Cadance has told me a lot about you.”

“Same here. It is a pleasure to finally meet you Shining Armor.” Celestia said with a bow. The three turned to Luna and Berry, who were still celebrating seeing each other. “I must say...it's been a long time since I last saw Berry.” Celestia leaned over to Cadance's ear. “Is she still a heavy drinker?”

“Yeah.” Cadance gulped. “Sorry, apparently that part hasn't changed. I just suddenly ran into her while I was waiting for you.”

“Oh dear...I just hope Luna will behave.”

“What do you mean?” Shining asked, his head slightly tilted.

“Let's just...Luna and Berry can be real party animals. That and they're both addicts of different drinks.”

Luna quickly turned her head at that comment. “Hey! I heard that! And I'm not an addict!”

“Yes you are Luna. You're addicted to coffee!”

“I am not! I've only had forty-three cups today!”

Shining's eyes grew at the statement. “Forty-three?!”

“No wait...” Luna replied, scratching her head. “That was yesterday. I've had ninety-six today.”

Shining's jaw dropped. “NINETY-SIX?!”

Celestia and Cadance facepalmed as Shining continued to freak out. “So auntie...is Sunset with you? I would love to see her again.”

“Yeah...I've been trying to call her but she's not responding. You don't mind if we go to the hotel before going somewhere, do you?”

“Not at all. We'll even join you.” Cadance looked back at Luna and Berry, who had started talking and laughing again. “I think Berry's gonna join us though.”

“That's fine, as long as she doesn't drink.” Celestia said with a slight groan. “That or something akin to the 'Sweet Tea Lemon' incident.”

“What's that?”

“You don't wanna know...seriously, you do not want to know whatsoever.”

“Alright...why don't you try calling her again?”

“Yeah...” Celestia pulled out her phone again. “Let's see if she picks up now...'

Meanwhile...

“So...you're Sonata right?” said a now ungagged Sunset.

“That's right! What's your name?” Sonata chimed with a huge smile.

“Not telling.”

“Well not telling, it's nice to meet ya!”

“That's not funny.”

“What's not funny?”

“Yeah...no.” Sunset deadpanned, her lips firmly closing. After Adagio had seen Sunset try to move around, she had decided that Sunset needed to be continually watched. The first 'volunteer' ended up being Sonata, who just sat there staring at Sunset with a giant grin on her face. Sunset could only sigh as she watched the blue-haired girl just sit there. 'This isn't helping.' she thought with a scowl, 'Now I'm stuck in this room with...is she dumb? I can't tell...she's definitely good at annoying the other two, that much is obvious. Maybe she's like Pinkie and she's just odd yet secretly smart...in that weird kind of way. Or maybe she's more like Screwball...'

“So...do you like tacos? Huh? Huh? Do ya?” Sonata asked, leaning in with her usual goofy grin. “I think I still have one, do you want it?”

“I...uh...” Sunset stuttered, blinking. “No. No thanks.”

“Oh...okay.” Sonata's hair drooped down in response. “More for me then!” she exclaimed as she ran out of the room in a mad dash.

'Great...still can't move and I'm stuck with some caffeinated maniac.' Sunset looked at the ropes again. 'Hmm...what to do, what to do...there's got to be-' she then felt another vibration in her pocket. 'Celestia...I hope this means you've realized something's wrong.'

While Sunset just sat there, across the hall was Adagio. She sat at a desk as she continually hummed to herself. 'Hmm...no. This won't do.' she thought as she scribbled some notes on a page. 'This song still feels like it would be for an audience...this is harder than I thought. I guess it has been a while since I've wrote a new song for our magic.'

“Any luck?” Aria asked as she peeked into the room.

“No...I need more time.” Adagio replied. “Is Sonata having any problems with the Equestrian?”

“I don't know. I haven't checked.”

“Oh...well, whatever. Just give me some more time, alright?”

“Sure, take your time.” Aria said as she turned around, “Besides, it's not like someone's gonna notice that the Equestrian is missing or anything.”

“True. And even if they did, I doubt they could take on our magic.”

As Aria left the room, she quickly noticed Sonata dashing through the halls with another taco. She facepalmmed as she watched the sight unfold. 'Good grief, why do we even keep that moron?!' she thought as a yawn escaped her breath. 'Then again...I guess it would get kinda boring without her.'

“Hey Aria, how ya doing?” Sonata said as she munched on her taco.

“Fine.”

“Really? You look kinda annoyed to me.”

“I'm fine Sonata, I just want this stupid garbage to be over with so we can finally leave this blasted world.”

“Yeah...I feel the same way Aria. I can't wait to get back to Equestria. Though...” Sonata rubbed her chin. “You really think that girl knows the way back?”

“She better. She's an Equestrian just like us, so she has to have some clue.”

“Yeah...that's probably true. Welp, time to eat my last taco for today!”

“Yeah yeah, just don't make a mess.” Aria says with a wave. She continued down the hallway, “Geez louise, that stupid girl is such a-” her mouth stopped as she saw Sunset struggling in the chair again. “So, trying to escape, huh?”

Sunset looked up with a unamused expression, “Can you blame me for trying?”

“No, not really.” Aria said as she entered the room and closed the door. “I guess Sonata already decided to stop watching you. If that's the case...”

“You'll watch me now? You sure don't look interested.” Sunset replied with a smirk. 'So this is the other one,' she thought as she looked Aria over. 'I'm guessing she's the type that gets angry easily. Kind of reminds me of Trixie...wait a minute. Maybe I can...'

“I'm not interested. But...” Aria grabbed a chair and leaned in towards Sunset's face. “I do like doing this.”

“Doing what?”

“Simple. Telling you that you're never getting out of this.”

“Oh yeah?!” Sunset barked. “Why not?!”

“Simple. You see little Equestrian, once Adagio's done with her new song, you won't be able to hide any secret from us.” A devilish grin covered Aria's face. “In fact, you won't be able to do anything after she's done with you!”

“Really?” Sunset scoffed. “And you're telling me this, why? Are you that confident, Miss Equestrian reject?”

“What did you just call me?”

“I called you a reject, reject. Or do you want me to call you something else?”

“Why you little-” Aria shook her fist. Sunset blew raspberries as Aria's face turned red in anger. “I'm gonna-”

“Do what? Bore me to death?”

“I'll show you boring!” Aria said as she reeled her fist back. As Sunset tried to brace herself, a sudden voice rang out from outside the room.

“HEY ARIA! I FORGOT THAT I HAD ANOTHER TACO! DO YOU WANT IT?!”

“SHUT UP SONATA! I'M TRYING TO BE INTIMIDATING IN HERE!!!” Aria yelled as she opened the door again.

“OH, OKAY! WAIT...WHAT DOES INTIMA-uh...er...WHAT WAS THAT AGAIN?!”

“JUST SHUT UP AND EAT YOUR TACO ALREADY!”

“OKAY!”

“Oh wow, I'm so intimidated.” Sunset said, her eyebrows hopping up and down. “What is the big bad Aria gonna do now?”

Aria's head turned back to Sunset, her face about to set on fire with fury. “Shut. Up.”

“Or what?! You'll throw a temper tantrum?!” Sunset scoffed, 'That's right...get angry. If I'm right...'

“That's it! I'm gonna beat you into next week!” Aria yelled, her fist cocked back again.

“Really?! You're gonna beat your tied down hostage? Wow...how low can you go?”

“Grrr...why you-”

“HEY ARIA! I FOUND A-”

“SHUT UP SONATA! STOP INTERRUPTING ME!”

“OKAY! SORRY!”

“SHUT UP!”

“Geez, do you want some cheese with your whine?” Sunset stuck her tongue out again. 'I'll have to thank Screwball for that line.'

“Say one more word and I'm gonna-”

“Word.”

“That's it!” Aria yelled, her fist in full motion. The following blow slammed Sunset's face, causing her head to reel back.

A small amount spit flew from Sunset's mouth as she looked back at Aria. A devilish grin plastered itself on her face. “Wimp.”

“You little-”

“What's the matter wimp?” Sunset said with her tongue out. “Is the big baby just gonna stand there and beat up little old tied up me? Are you that much of a wuss that you can only beat someone when they're all tied up?”

“I'll show you a wuss!” Aria yelled, her face completely tomato red in anger. She grabbed the ropes around the chair as steam blew out of her nostrils. “Come here you little-”

As Aria began to make another move, a sudden hand grabbed her arm. Her fist shook as the hand pulled the arm with all it's might. “Stop it Aria.” Adagio said, malice in her voice. “Stop it right now.”

“Let go of me Adagio! Let go of me right now!”

“No.” Adagio replied as she pulled Aria out of the room. She quickly slammed the door behind her as she pushed Aria down.

“What was that for?!”

“Simple. I knocked you down because you're an idiot!”

“What did you just call me?!”

“I called you an idiot.”

Aria quickly got up and readied a fist. “Say that again. I dare you.”

“Shut up Aria.” Adagio replied, her hand waving her palm. “Just stop for one second, alright?”

“I...I...” after a small huff, Aria put her fist down. “Fine, what is it?”

“You're an idiot, you know that?”

“Wha-”

“Let me finish. I'm saying that because the Equestrian is trying to rile you up, okay? You do realize you were about to pull those ropes, right?”

“She...oh. You mean...” Aria hung her head, staring at the floor as she figured out what Adagio meant. “Sorry.”

“It's fine.” Adagio patted Aria's shoulders. “Now, go get Sonata to watch her, okay? She's too dumb to get tricked and I need to get the song ready, alright?”

“Okay...wait a minute! Are you saying that I'm-”

“YES! NOW GO GET SONATA!”

Sunset sat in the room, her ears barely hearing the duo's conversation. 'Darn.' Sunset thought as she continued to listen. 'Guess that Aria girl was a bit too loud. Shoot. I guess that plan won't work. Oh well...I couldn't exactly predict what she would do if she went into full rage mode. Guess I was hoping for too much...'

As Sunset continued to think, Sonata entered the room with a half-eaten taco. “Hi there not telling!”

'And she's back...' Sunset thought with a huff. 'Maybe I can trick her? Hmm...this is gonna be harder than I thought.' another vibration went off in her pocket. 'Celestia...'

Meanwhile...

Celestia was in a similar mood to Sunset's. She wasn't tied to a chair, but she definitely felt anxiety. From their meeting with Cadance, the five had decided to split between two cars. One had Celestia and Cadance, the other with Luna, Berry and Shining. Cadance suggested that Shining could keep Luna and Berry in line before they got to the restaurant. Celestia had her doubts but her and Cadance needed to get to the hotel first.

“I hope she's alright.” Celestia said, her hand closing her phone. “Why isn't she responding?”

“It'll be fine auntie.” Cadance replied as she turned the wheel.

“I just know something's wrong...I just know it!”

“It'll be okay. You'll see auntie, it'll all work out.” Cadance said as she parked the car. “We're here.”

“Good. Let's get to the room now!” Celestia said as she jumped out of the car, embracing a full sprint into the hotel.

“Alright alright...calm down auntie.”

“Come on Cadance! Hurry up!”

“I'm coming! I'm coming!” Cadance barked as she trailed Celestia to the hotel room. Celestia quickly pulled out a key and raced into the room.

“Sunset! Are you here?!”

No response.

“Sunset?! Sunset?!” Celestia yelled again and again as she searched the room. She paced around, checking the bathroom and the beds. “Sunset?! Oh, I knew there was something wrong!”

“*huff* *huff* Auntie...slow down...” Cadance panted. “Will you...”

“She's not here Cadance.”

“What?”

“She's gone...” a tear began to flow from Celestia's eye. “She's not here.”

Author's Note:

Yeah...I'm scared I might start going a bit too dark in the next few chapters. I don't think I will but...here's hoping things I will still keep the same tone but still be a bit dark. I will warn everypony, the light-heart tone will be a little less in the next few chapters.

Also, a big thank you to Lord Nopony for pre-reading this chapter!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next