• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 10,425 Views, 1,942 Comments

A Lost Sunset - KingJoltik



Sunset Shimmer has betrayed Celestia and entered the mirror to another world. However, the first day in this new world would change everything when an accident causes Sunset Shimmer to lose her memories.

  • ...
34
 1,942
 10,425

PreviousChapters Next
A Regular Day (And There's Nothing Wrong With That)

Author's Note:

PLEASE READ!!!

First off, I would like to say that I apologize for the previous chapter. I didn't realize it till it was a bit too late that I kind of didn't fully hint well of how things were going to go wrong. That being said, one of you still guessed very close to what was going to happen. They just got the characters wrong. I would like to honor Gale Singer as the one that guessed the closest!

Hope you enjoy the chapter.

“Ahhh...that feels good.” moaned Sunset as she stretched her arms and cricked her neck. “Finally...a good night's sleep. I should have just drank pear cider first.” Sunset ruffled her hair and got out of bed, her face shining a smile. 'I better not tell Applejack that though...'

After her morning routine, Sunset found herself in the kitchen again. However, unlike the past three days of the week, Thursday seemed to be the empty kitchen day. Blinking several times, Sunset proceeded to the coffee maker and quickly made a cup. Her nose twitched as the aroma drifted around. 'Mmm...man that smells good.' A yawn exited Sunset's mouth as she turned around, only to see Luna standing right in front of her.

“Whoa!” Sunset yelped, her coffee almost spilling out of her cup. “Luna?!”

“Coffee...need coffee...” Luna droned. Sunset stood there, shaking as she watched Luna just stand in front of her. Her eye's looked lifeless and it looked a pile of wrinkles had attacked her face. “Luna need coffee...”

“Okay.” Sunset squeaked. Her hand slowly shook the cup in front of Luna. “Want my cup?”

“Yes. Luna wants coffee...” Luna grabbed the cup and slammed it into her face. Sunset blinked as Luna gulped the whole thing down, her throat shaking.

“Okay Luna...you feeling better now?”

“Yep!” Luna said, her wrinkles disappearing and her eyes filled with light. “I feel great now! Thank you Sunset!”

“No problem...I'm gonna make myself a cup now.”

“Okay.” Luna nodded. “Just tell me when you're done. I need to make about twelve cups before I leave.”

'Twelve cups?!' thought Sunset as she turned to prepare another cup. 'Nope. Not gonna ask.'

Later, at lunch...

“Dresses for Halloween?” a small leaf of lettuce fell out of Sunset's mouth.

“Yes darling.” Rarity said as she stroked her hair. “I know its at the end of next month but I've decided to go ahead and start making costumes.”

“Oh...” Sunset gulped, her mind trying to think of words. 'Uh-oh. This must be some kind of holiday I don't know...that or it's called something else in Equestria.'

“So darling, do you know what you would like to dress up as? I can make anyone look extra scary.”

“Uh...I don't know.” Sunset drank some milk. “I mean, if you want to help with that...I'll just take whatever you make for me. If you don't mind that is. Honestly, you don't have to make anything for me if you don't want to.”

“Nonsense darling. I love making clothes, remember?”

“Okay. But don't overdo it, alright?”

“Very well.” Rarity looked Sunset up and down. “Hmm...this should be interesting.”

“Thanks Rarity.”

“But of course darling. Anything for a friend.” Rarity winked. “Especially when it comes to clothes.”

Some time later...

“Hey Lyra! I'm here and-whoa!” Sunset exclaimed as she walked into the music room. Her eyes grew as she saw a giant pile of cords and wires along with amps. “That's a large mess.”

“Yeah.” Lyra groaned. “Vinyl is trying to put it all up but...ugh.”

“Need some help?”

“No. Vinyl will be cleaning all of this up.” Octavia said as she stomped the floor. “Isn't that right Vinyl?!”

“Yes Tavi...” droned Vinyl. “Just give me a minute...”

“You did this to yourself Vinyl. I told you to experiment with your mixing table after Music Club is over!”

“I know Tavi! I know!” Vinyl yelled back. “Get off my back! Geez...”

“What did you just say?!”

“I said-”

Sunset and Lyra looked at each other as a cocky smile grew on Lyra's face. “Hard to tell who wears the pants in that relationship, huh?”

“I have a feeling I don't wanna get involved. Ever.” Sunset deadpanned.

“I won't disagree with you there. So...wanna continue trying the guitar?”

“Yeah. Can I set up where I usually do?”

“Sure. Just give me a sec to get the guitar.”

“Cool.”

After a few minutes, Sunset set up her usual chair and stand. Lyra arrived with the guitar in tow along with a slight grin on her face. Sunset however, quickly caught on to it's meaning.

“No Lyra, I'm not telling you anything.” Sunset said as she sat the guitar in her lap. “Period.”

“But Sunset...” she moaned, “Come on! Can't I get just a little detail or two?”

“No. I told you Lyra...I...I can't talk about it, okay?” Sunset grabbed her book and put on the stand.

“Awww...” Lyra grabbed a chair and slumped over in it. “That's not fair.”

“If there's one thing I've learned from not having memories Lyra, its the fact that life isn't fair. At all.”

“Yeah...I know.” Lyra's eyes shifted around the room. “Huh. That's odd.”

“What is?” Sunset said as she flipped through the pages.

“Trixie's not here. She's usually here by now...”

“Maybe Vinyl's equipment scared her off.”

“Heh. No, Trixie will usually come everyday if she can. As you probably know, she loves to show off.”

“No kidding.” A slight strum of the guitar began to appear from Sunset's hand. “Screwball isn't here either.”

“Yeah. The little troublemaker is really good at the trombone and the sax. It's the only reason she's part of the Music Club. Otherwise, we'd kick her out for all the trouble she loves to cause.”

“Ah. I just wish I could speak to Trixie and get rid of that grudge she has against me.”

“Let me guess Sunset, you tried and she won't listen?”

“Yeah.” Sunset's head drooped down as a few more notes creaked out. “Oh well...”

“You know...” Lyra's grin returned. “I could help you with that.”

“Really?”

“Yep. All you need to do is tell me a little more about your magic book.”

“No.” Sunset deadpanned. “Just no Lyra. Do you want me to ask Bon-Bon to come over here?”

“You wouldn't dare.”

“Try me.”

Some more time later...

“Alright Twilight. Due to your increased advancements in mathematics despite your age as a filly...I've decided you are ready to try this spell.” Celetsia said as she levitated a scroll in front of Twilight. “Are you ready?”

“YES!” squealed Twilight. “I mean...yes princess.”

Celestia giggled. “It's fine Twilight. Don't worry about it. Now, this spell is designed around morphing complex polyhedrons. Do you understand what that means?”

“Yes.” Twilight nodded. “It means changing the forms of fully-dimensional objects. It's main theory in terms of magic is-”

BZZT!

“Whoa!” Twilight yelped with a jump. The two turned their heads toward the noise. They both then saw the sound's owner. “The book! Sunset must have sent me another message!”

“Her daily one?”

“Yeah!” Twilight stopped and turned back to the princess. “Oh! Um...I can check later and-”

“Stop Twilight. Go ahead and see what she wants.”

“Okay.” Twilight’s horn shined as she levitated the book towards the duo. “Let's see...”

Dear Twilight,

I know I wrote this yesterday but...nothing really happened today. It was just a basic, nice day. Sure, there were a few annoyances and other problems but overall, it was good. Its funny, but I'm glad the days have been like this recently, even with some crazy things happening two days ago. Anyways, I know its really early in to say this but...good night Twilight.

“Aw...I'm glad to see she's doing well.”

“Me too Princess. I'll just tell her good night from the both of us.” Twilight looked at her mentor with a shining smile. “Is that okay?”

Celestia nodded. “Of course.”

Meanwhile...

“Did you get the recorder prankster? Surely all the members have left the room by now. School's been out for over an hour!”

“Yep.” Screwball said, her hand holding a tight grip on the device. Her tongue was sticking out along with a huge grin. “However...I can't let you have it.”

“Why not?”

“You have to promise that you'll help me prank Sunset no matter what.”

“Trixie is-” A groan released itself from Trixie's mouth. “Fine. Trixie promises to help you with your stupid prank. Now hand over that recorder!”

“Okay.”

A few seconds later, Trixie had completely rewound the tape inside and pressed play. “Here it is...Trixie's moment to shine!”

“Shh! I wanna hear the recorder, not your yelling.”

“Shut up!”

Several scratching noises blasted out of the recorder as the tape began. At the start, there was nothing but sounds of scratches and footsteps. Then, silence. Realizing there was no one in the room at the time the tape started recording, Trixie began to fast forward. After skipping every five minutes or so, they finally heard voices at about one hour and forty-five minutes. The first voice was Octavia.

“Vinyl! Why is there all this equipment out here?!” she yelled. “Lyra, Bon-Bon and Sunset are going to be here any minute!”

“Don't worry about it Tavi, I'm almost done with these amps. Just give me a sec and I'll put them back into the inventory room.”

A small huff released out of Octavia's mouth. “Fine.” Several footsteps sounded themselves again. Then the sound of a door opening. A few minutes later, Octavia began to speak again. “Vinyl...where's my recorder? You did put it in here, didn't you?”

“Yeah. I put all the recording equipment back there.”

“But...my hand-held recorder is missing! Where is it?!”

“Hand-held? Oh! I let Trix borrow it so I could keep my stuff back there.”

“Trixie?! You let her borrow it?!”

“Yeah. It's cool Tavi. I'm sure she'll give it back, it's fine.”

“But Vinyl, there's only two hours of tape in that recorder! I need it because I'm about to do an hour and a half cello practice session tomorrow!”

“Don't worry about it Tavi. I'm sure Trixie doesn't need it that long.”

CLICK!

“Huh? Hey Trixie, why'd you stop the recording?” Screwball asked as she stared at the recorder.

The tape ran out..."

“Huh? Speak up, I can't hear you.”

The tape. Ran out.

“Huh?” Screwball looked up at Trixie. Her eyes then shrunk in fear as she watched Trixie's face turn red. There was fire burning in her eyes and flames were about to blast out of her mouth. “Uh Trixie...you might wanna calm down...”

“The. Tape. Ran. Out.”

“Uh...Maybe I need to get out of here...”

MOTHER-

[The following segment at the end of this chapter has been censored due to the Everyone rating of this story. And the author decided to end it this way.]

Extra Author Note:

PLEASE READ!!!

Before you comment, the reason this chapter is set up this way is to just show a basic day in the life of Sunset. That's why Trixie only appears at the end. I wrote it that way mainly because the last bit of the arc is in the next chapter. (Though it might be two chapters...) So, if you're wondering what the point of this chapter is...there kind of isn't. It's there for some fun and I just wanted to write Trixie failing. Sorry. (Also, yes. I am implying that Trixie is about to swear at the end of the chapter.)

Also, I want to apologize over the hint again. The dialogue I wrote with Trixie and Vinyl and the inventory...didn't come out how I wanted it too. It was supposed to do a very vague hint and instead...kind of didn't hint at all except in my head. Sorry.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next