• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 10,455 Views, 1,942 Comments

A Lost Sunset - KingJoltik



Sunset Shimmer has betrayed Celestia and entered the mirror to another world. However, the first day in this new world would change everything when an accident causes Sunset Shimmer to lose her memories.

  • ...
34
 1,942
 10,455

PreviousChapters Next
The Magician and the Mischief-Maker

“Ah...ah...Achoo!” sneezed Sunset as she went flying out of her bed, her head slamming into the bed frame. “Ow! Ugh...what a way to get up...” she stretched her arms again and then rubbed the back of her head, “Another day, another rough waking up...at least it wasn't some drink or something that did it to me...”

A few minutes later, Sunset scratched through her hair and did her usual morning routine. As she proceeded to the kitchen, she noticed a certain someone full of perky energy.

“Good morning Sunset!” exclaimed Luna as she took a sip of coffee. “Oh, it is so nice to have coffee again!”

“No kidding. Nice to see you in good spirits again Luna.”

“But of course! I feel wonderful now that I have this wonderful drink in my system!” Luna said as she began to sway back in forth.

“Luna.” Celestia hissed. “No morning dancing. Me and Sunset had to go buy that coffee last night since you kept forgetting.”

“Sorry.” Luna blushed in embarrassment.

“It's fine.” Celestia took a sip of coffee. “Just remember to keep your coffee stocked. There's no need for Sunset to see you act like a sleeping slob.”

“I said I'm sorry sis!”

“It's okay Celestia.” Sunset said as she walked over and made a cup of coffee. “I don't mind. It was...interesting to find that out about Luna.”

“No...it's not Sunset.” Celestia deadpanned, trying to do a comedic tone with it. “Take that back right now...and could you get me a refill?”

“Sure.” Sunset handed the pitcher over. “So...did I tell you two that I've been going over to the Music Club? I haven't joined but I been recently going over there...”

“No you didn't!” exclaimed Celestia. “Getting an interest in music?”

“Maybe. I've been trying their spare guitar in there...” Sunset took a sip, her face expressing a slight blush. “It's...interesting. And relaxing. And kinda fun.”

“That's good to hear.” Celestia said with a wink. “Just tell me if you join or not. I'll gladly help you if you want to go into music.”

“Thanks.”

Celestia's arm reached over and hugged Sunset's shoulders. “I'm just glad you're trying things! Don't ever stop.”

“I won't. Thanks Celestia.”

“Of course.”

Some time later in a certain hallway at school...

“Okay...can Trixie ask you something about all this?”

“Sure.” Screwball replied, her tongue sticking out to the side.

“Trixie knows that all you love to do is pull pranks...and play the trombone when someone messes up. So...why are you agreeing to just shadowing Sunset? You know, besides you wanting to prank her.”

“Well...let's just say I want some good info on her. I need to plan all my pranks out in advance so I usually shadow people that I want to prank.”

“Oh. Trixie didn't think you would think that far.”

“Or maybe I just want to find a good opportunity to just go up and throw a surprise pie in her face.” Screwball shined a devilish grin. “Then I would probably get rid of this whole 'team-up' thing with you and go find someone else to prank.”

“Hey! You agreed to help Trixie and not do one of your dumb pranks!”

“Yeah...you're right. Pies are dumb. I guess the classics just don't do it for me anymore.”

“That's not what Trixie meant!”

“Yeah it is.”

“No it's not!”

“Yeah it is.”

“No it's-Shut up! We need to be on the lookout for Sunset!”

“But she's not here yet and you keep acting like you wanna argue with me.”

“Trixie does not want to...” Trixie blinked several times as gears began to grind in her head. “Wait a minute, this is some kind of prank from you, isn't it?!”

“What do you mean?”

“You want Trixie to be distracted and mess up so you can laugh at Trixie, don't you?!”

“No. Where did you get that idea?” Screwball replied, her tongue still sticking out.

“Trixie knows that face. You're playing Trixie for a fool, aren't you?!”

“No.”

“Yes you are!”

“No I'm not.”

“Yes you are!”

“No, I'm-” Screwball then turned her head and pointed at the club room door. “Oh, hey. There's Sunset right now...and she just entered the club room.” Screwball turned back and shined her usual goofy grin. “I think we just missed her.”

“What?!” yelped Trixie as she glanced at the door. “When did that happen?!”

“Well...” Screwball began to count her fingers, “It all started when you wanted to start arguing with me over pies and-”

“Shut up! Trixie is going into the club room right now!” Trixie barked as she began stomping down the hallway. “Trixie can not believe she has to work with you to figure out this stupid secret thing!”

“You're yelling your thoughts again.”

“Shut up!”

The two then entered the room, only to find Lyra giving Sunset the spare guitar and Bon-Bon talking to Vinyl. The duo watched the scene unfold for a little, trying to not make any noise.

“You good?” asked Lyra as she planted a stand in front of Sunset.

“I think so...” Sunset said as she put a book on the stand and began flipping through the pages. “Let me see...no...no...ah ha! Here it is! I want to try this first.”

“Hmm...seems like a good song to start with.” Lyra said while rubbing her chin. “Just remember to not overdo it, you're a beginner after all.”

“I know. Thanks Lyra.” Sunset cricked her fingers, ready to start strumming the first notes. However, Lyra's hand waved in front of Sunset's face.

“Sorry. Before you start, could I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“Are you...are you gonna join the club? I mean, you've come the past two days and...”

“I'm still thinking about it Lyra.” Sunset let out a sigh. “But...I am considering it. Sorry.”

“It's fine. Take your time.” Lyra waved her hand again. “Sorry, one more question.”

“Shoot.”

“Are you really sure you can't...you know...” Lyra leaned in and whispered. “Talk about the magic book a little?”

“No. Just like I told you yesterday, I can't Lyra. Sorry.”

“But...”

“No.” Sunset shook her head. “I'm sorry Lyra but I can't. So...please just drop it, okay?”

“Awww...” Lyra drooped her head down. “All I wanna know is if its magic or not...”

“Sorry.” Sunset began to strum the guitar. “I just...sorry Lyra.”

On the other side of the room...

“Now they're whispering to each other...” Trixie began to grit her teeth in anger. “Grrr...they're up to something...say prankster, can you-huh?” Trixie turned her head, only to notice Screwball talking to Vinyl. She quickly went up and tapped Screwball's shoulder. “Prankster! You're supposed to be helping me!”

Screwball turned her head with a frown. “Yeah, but you're loud and I wanna talk to Vinyl. She's setting up some cool new recording equipment.”

“Trixie doesn't-” Trixie's mouth stopped moving as a lightbulb suddenly shined above her head. Actually, it was Screwball, who had quickly grabbed a chair and held a lightbulb over Trixie's head. “Hey! Stop playing around! Trixie just got a brilliant idea and you're ruining Trixie's moment!”

“You're yelling your thoughts again.”

“Trixie is not-nevermind.” Trixie walked past Screwball and up to Vinyl. “Vinyl, Trixie would like to ask a favor from you.”

“Sure, what's up Trix?”

“Don't call Trixie that.” Trixie wagged her finger at Vinyl. “Trixie was wondering if you know where Trixie could get a small recording device.”

“A small one? Like a hand-held?”

“Yes.” Trixie nodded.

“Hmm...I think I got an old spare you could use in the back inventory room. Will that do?”

“Yes. Wait...that's part of our inventory? Trixie runs inventory and that isn't on our list.”

“I know. I put some of my junk back there every now and then.”

“Vinyl! That room is for inventory only!”

“Yeah I know.” Vinyl shined a casual grin. “I'll let you borrow the recorder if you let keep some of my stuff back there.”

“Why you-” Trixie's face went beet red as she readied herself to yell at Vinyl. It was then that her mind told her otherwise. 'Don't argue with her Trixie. Just take the deal and get the recorder or you'll be stuck here yelling like you were with the prankster.' After her mind had calmed her down, Trixie sighed and said, “Fine. Trixie agrees.”

“Okay. It should be in one of the piles back there.”

Trixie then turned and proceeded to the back room. There, she rummaged through piles of instruments and equipment, trying to find the recorder. “Sweet magic! Why is this room so disorganized?!”

“I thought you did inventory.” Screwball said, her head poking into the room.

“Shut up! Trixie does inventory, not clean and file!”

“But isn't-”

“Don't finish that sentence!”

Some time later in another school hallway...

“Okay Screwball, tell Trixie your schedule tomorrow.”

“My schedule? Why?”

“Trixie is not near the club room in the morning. All of Trixie's classes are on the other side of the school. Also, Vinyl is staying inside the club room for the rest of the day so Trixie can't do her plan right now.”

“Oh. I have a few classes that are close to the club room in the morning. Why?”

Trixie placed the small recorder in Screwball's hand. “Trixie noticed that the past two days, Sunset always sits in the same seat in the club room. Trixie wants you to go to the club room tomorrow morning and tape this recorder under that chair.”

“Tape the recorder? Why would...oh! I get it! You wanna record her and Lyra's conversations, don't ya?”

Trixie nodded. “Yes. Can you do that tomorrow?”

“Okay...on one condition.”

“What?! Why is-” Trixie stopped mid-sentence. Her brain told her two words, 'Remember Vinyl?' Steam exited her nostrils as a scowl appeared on her face. “Fine. What's the condition?”

“You have to help me set up my next prank against Sunset.”

“Trixie will not...actually, that doesn't sound so bad.” Trixie presented her hand, only for Screwball to quickly shake it. “Deal.”

“Okey-dokey! I'll set up the recorder tomorrow!”

“Good.” Trixie began to shine a huge grin and started to spread her arms as she laughed. “Soon the Great and Powerful Trixie will know their secret and all will be revealed! Hahahaha!”

“You're yelling your thoughts again.”

“Shut up!”

Author's Note:

PLEASE READ!!!

To all of you that read my one shot, 'Trixie orders an argument', you can guess where the idea came from. It was while I was writing this chapter. ANYWAYS, I asked you all to read the author's note for one simple reason...

It's obvious that something is going to go wrong in the next chapter, that's why I showed Trixie's plan. So...I want everypony in the comments to take a guess of what will go wrong in the next chapter. I'm hoping nopony sees it coming, but I did kind of give a hint to what will happen in this chapter.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next