• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 10,424 Views, 1,942 Comments

A Lost Sunset - KingJoltik



Sunset Shimmer has betrayed Celestia and entered the mirror to another world. However, the first day in this new world would change everything when an accident causes Sunset Shimmer to lose her memories.

  • ...
34
 1,942
 10,424

PreviousChapters Next
Explanations and their Unintended Side Effects

“Trixie can't believe this!” Trixie said to herself, hisses coming out of her mouth as she stomped down the hallways. “Trixie will figure this out and show Lyra that the Great and Powerful Trixie is the best guitar player in the world!”

“Hi!” said a cheery voice, causing Trixie to come to a sudden stop. Her eyes quickly looked down, only to scowl in response.

“Trixie does not have time for your childish pranks Screwball. Trixie is very busy!”

“Okay.” Screwball's grin grew. Trixie's eyes squinted as she watched the little girl continue to look happier and happier.

“Trixie doesn't like that grin. What are you planning prankster?”

“Nothing. Just wondering what you were doing.”

“Grrr...” Trixie's fists shook up and down in front of Screwbal. “Trixie is about to go and found out the secret Sunset, Lyra and Bon-Bon have made together!”

“Secret? What secret?”

Trixie's mouth opened slightly and then facepalmed at the information she had just blurted out. “Ugh! Trixie needs to get going now. Move aside prankster.”

“Do you want some help?”

“Trixie does not need-wait, did you just say you would help Trixie?”

“Sure, why not?”

Trixie blinked several times, her face expressing a completely dumbfounded look. She glanced at her one more time and Screwball shined a mischievous grin. “This isn't some prank against Trixie, is it? Because Trixie knows what you did to Trixie with the bucket of water a while back and Trixie is still very angry about that along with Trixie being angry at Sunset!”

“Nope. No prank. Sides, I still wasn't able to fully prank Sunset.” Screwball presented her hand. “Well? Put her there pal?”

Trixie's hand twitched for a second and then shook. “Fine. But Trixie takes all the glory when we find out about their secret. Whatever it is.”

“Okay!”

Meanwhile...

“Tell. Me. Everything.” Lyra said as she leaned in more and more. Her eyes shining like stars as she gave Sunset a huge grin. “I wanna know it all! How does the book work? Is it magic? Does it do magic stuff? Does it-OW!”

“Stop that Lyra!” Bon-Bon commanded as she pinched Lyra's ear. “We agreed on this!”

“But Bonnie, she might know magic!” groaned Lyra as she flailed her arms out in pain. “I wanna know!”

“No. Stop that Lyra.”

Sunset just sat there, blinking. She wasn't sure what to make of the situation in front of her. On the one hand, she was worried that these two couldn't keep a secret. On the other, she wasn't sure what she could tell them in the first place. 'What do I tell them? I mean, I can't just tell them that I'm a unicorn from another world that lost her memories...and I don't really want to know what my past is right now...or how the book really works...'

“Either stop that right now Lyra or I'm going ask Sunset if we can have this conversation tomorrow, understand?” Bon-Bon hissed as the grip on Lyra's ear tightened.

“Yes Bonnie...I understand.” Lyra said as she sat down, her whole body slumping over. She began to rub her ear. “Phooey.”

“What was that?!”

“Nothing Bonnie. Nothing at all.”

'It's obvious who wears the pants in this relationship...' Sunset mentally facepalmed. 'Don't think about that right now Sunset! Concentrate! Remember...don't tell them everything. Just...just start with your memories...I guess. I mean, you got any better ideas where to start? Yeah...or maybe I should just not tell them anything. Though I doubt Lyra will take that answer...'

“Sorry about that Sunset. We uh...” Bon-Bon gave a slighted pained look from showing the embarrassing scene she just had to do with Lyra.

“Don't worry about it Bon-Bon. It's...it's cool. Anyways, I uh...” Sunset laid her head on the desk. “I have no idea where to start.”

“It's okay Sunset. If you don't want to talk about it, it's fine.”

“What?! No! I wanna know Bonnie!”

“We agreed on this Lyra. If she doesn't want to tell us, she doesn't have to!”

“But-”

“No buts Lyra. We agreed, remember?!”

Lyra then shined big puppy dog eyes at Bon-Bon. “But Bonnie...”

“That's not gonna work Lyra.” Bon-Bon deadpanned, though she could feel the eye's affect slightly. “Not today at least.”

“Uh...” Sunset mumbled, wondering if she should try to separate the two. Bon-Bon then turned to Sunset with slightly dulled eyes.

“Sorry about that Sunset. Please, go ahead.”

“Well...okay. Let me say something first.” Sunset said with waving both of her palms. “I...ugh. I can't believe this is happening...” she groaned and then facepalmed.

“I'm so sorry Sunset.”

“Its fine Bon-Bon. I understand. I just...” Sunset began to twiddle her thumbs. “I never expected to talk about this today.”

“Take your time...unless you don't want to talk about it. In which,” Bon-Bon turned and glared at Lyra. “We would understand your reasons, right Lyra?”

“Yes Bonnie. We would understand.” Lyra deadpanned.

“Good.”

“Right.” Sunset gulped. “I...I'll tell you about the book then.”

“Really?!” Lyra's eyes shined like stars again. “YES! So is the book magic? Do you know magic?!”

“But...”

“Aw...there's a but in this...” Lyra groaned until Bon-Bon slapped her across the back of her head.

“Shut up and let her speak Lyra!”

“Sorry. Continue.”

“It's fine. Anyways, what I was about to say is...I'm not gonna tell you everything, okay? I just...I can't.”

“We understand.”

“Alright...first off, I...” Sunset facepalmed again. “Where do I begin?”

“Sunset, you don't have to-”

“It's fine Bon-Bon!” yelled Sunset, causing Bon-Bon to lean back. “Just...just give me a second.” Sunset let out a huff. 'You can do this Sunset, just...just tell them you have amnesia. You've told all your friends this, you can tell them. They promised to keep it a secret. It'll be fine.' Sunset did one more gulp. “Okay, first off you two...I have amnesia.”

“Amnesia?” the duo responded in unison.

“Yes. I...I'm not fully sure if I'm actually Sunset Shimmer.” Sunset stared at the floor, her eyes slowly tearing up. 'I hate talking about this...'

“Oh, I'm so sorry that happened to you.” Bon-Bon said while patting Sunset's head. “That's so horrible...”

“It's fine. I've been like this for almost two months now. I've...gotten used to it.” Sunset rubbed the tears out of her eyes. “Anyways, you two are probably wondering what the book has to do with that.”

“Yeah...that kind of doesn't make...” Lyra rattled on, her head turned sideways. Then, her eyes shined again. “Wait! Does that mean that book is the key to your past?!”

“Yes...and no.” Sunset crossed her arms, her eyes closed in a thinking pose. “When I lost my memories, I...woke up in a hospital. There, they told me all I had on me is a bag full of old coins and the book, which was completely blank.”

“You mean, there were no words in it or anything?”

“Yep. For a while, I didn't really understand. So...someone suggested I use the book as a journal.”

Lyra clapped her hands. “Let me guess! I bet when you wrote in it, something happened, didn't it?!”

“It did. That's when it glowed. It always does that if I write in it.” Sunset remembered the first time the book vibrated, causing her to jump from her bed. “Then, I found out that the book is connected to another book and you could exchange messages with it.”

“So...like texting with a cellphone?”

“You could see it that way. Anyways, ended up the person that responded was...in contact with someone who knew who I used to be. Supposedly. I'm still not sure if I'm Sunset Shimmer or not.”

“You don't have any proof? You haven't like...looked up any medical records or anything?”

“No. I mean, I've looked up stuff like that a while back, it was more of asking someone to do that but...nothing.”

“Oh...sorry.”

“It's fine. But, the book did help me learn who Sunset Shimmer is...” Sunset let out one final sigh. “And this is all I'm going to tell you two, alright?”

“WHAT?! That's it?! You can't end it there! What-OW! Bonnie!” yelped Lyra, her ear screaming in pain again. Bon-Bon just stared with a sour look.

“Enough Lyra.” Bon-Bon turned back to Sunset and bent over. “Thank you for telling us this. I'm so so so sorry for what I did. Is there any way I can make it up to you?”

“Well...I don't know.” Sunset began to scratch the back of her head. “I...listen, Bon-Bon...I'm not angry or anything. It's just...honestly, I'm glad I was able to at least tell someone about this.”

“That's fine. I will gladly listen to anything you have to say.”

“Thanks. And you two have to keep this a secret, alright?”

“We will.” Bon-Bon nodded. “And remember, if you want to talk about anything, just ask. I'll gladly help you.”

“I will too! In fact-OW! Stop that Bonnie!”

“Stop it Lyra.” Bon-Bon's nostril released a massive amount of steam. “Seriously, what am I gonna do with you?”

“You can stop pinching my ear! That's what you can do!” Lyra said as her ear was released. She slowly rubbed it, whimpering.

“Stop whining.” Bon-Bon leaned in and whispered, “Besides, you know you love me.”

“Hmph!” Lyra pouted, her head looking the other way. Both Bon-Bon and Sunset let out a giggle. The two then exchanged a handshake and began to share a bit of small talk. After a while, Sunset asked Lyra and Bon-Bon if she could try the guitar again despite not being sure if she wanted to join the club or not. The three agreed and proceeded out of the empty classroom.

Meanwhile, down the hallway...

“So the three of them are having some secret meeting.” Screwball said while leaning her head out of the hallway corner, her tongue sticking out.

“Exactly Screwball! It is as Trixie said before, those three have some secret and they know they want to keep Trixie out of it!” Trixie's face went beet red in frustration. “Well, just you wait! The Great and Powerful Trixie will figure you three out and show that the Great and Powerful Trixie is the greatest of them all! Then Trixie will show you that Sunset doesn't need to be in the Music Club and they will know the Great and Powerful Trixie is the greatest guitar player of them all!”

“You know, you really shouldn't shout everything you say. It gives you away really easily.”

“SHUT UP!”

Author's Note:

Please read!

I uh...I'm not sure about this chapter. No matter how I tried, I feel like this chapter is lacking...mainly because I feel that most people will probably not want Lyra this way in this situation. But, I promise she will be still very involved here. Don't worry, the Caught arc isn't over.

Also a big thank you for pre-reading the chapter: Lord Nopony

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next