• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 10,448 Views, 1,942 Comments

A Lost Sunset - KingJoltik



Sunset Shimmer has betrayed Celestia and entered the mirror to another world. However, the first day in this new world would change everything when an accident causes Sunset Shimmer to lose her memories.

  • ...
34
 1,942
 10,448

PreviousChapters Next
What I Saw

Author's Note:

PLEASE READ!!!

This chapter is a bit different from most. This chapter is done in a first person narrative. The person we'll be following in this chapter is the one that saw Sunset's book.

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

'Wha...what am I looking at?' I thought as I stared at the scene in front of me. I could feel my eyes stretch as I tried to see what looked like a glowing book. 'Are those...words appearing out of thin air in that book? And is she writing back into the book? Why?!'

I slump down, my back touching the bookcase. 'What did I just see?!' I quickly get back up and look at Sunset's back again. There, the book is glowing again. Sunset keeps writing in it, as if it's normal. 'Then again, if that's her book, I guess she would be okay with it.' I rub my eyes as Sunset calmly writes in the book again.

A few seconds pass and the book glows again. Sunset's head moves a little as she reads the book and then she closes it. She puts the book back into her bag on the floor with a calm, kind smile on her face. It was like...she was sending a letter to someone. It wasn't long till Sunset put the rest of her stuff away and walked out of the library.

I, on the other hand, just stood there in silence. Half of my mind just sort of sat there, still trying to figure out what I just saw. My other half was too confused to even try. I stood there for a bit longer till my eyes glanced at the library clock. My next class is a few minutes from now. Guess I better go.

I sit down in history class. Harshwhinney was doing some presentation over some era. To be honest, my mind was still trying to figure out what I saw. 'I know her book made some kind of vibrating noise like a phone...which is why I was even looking looking at her. I was trying to find out where the noise was coming from and...' I cock my head sideways. 'But the book was glowing. How? How does that work? Should I just go and ask her?'

The class bell rings.

“Alright! Alright!” Harshwhinney said as she clapped her hands for attention. “Remember, your homework is due two days from now! We'll continue this tomorrow!”

I lift from my seat, just now realizing the entire class period went by. 'Was I that lost in thought?' My body shifts through the classroom, my mind still swimming. Then, as if fate is out to get me, I see Sunset walk by, a big smile on her face. My eyes follow her and even though I don't tell them to, my legs start moving.

As I follow her down the hallway, she stops and enters a certain classroom. The Art room. 'That's my last class for today.' I think as my eyes grow in disbelief. 'It's her last class too, isn't it?!' I watch her sit down and pull out our book for class. 'Yep. She's in my Art class...I should have known.'

I go over to my desk and lay my head down, a small sigh escaping my mouth. 'Okay. I'll just ask her about it after class. Simple as that.'

One Art class later...

My eyes track Sunset as she lifts from her chair, her arms stretching in the air. 'Okay...I just go up and ask her about her glowing book...nothing weird about that whatsoever.'

As she begins to leave the classroom, my legs shuffle through the floor, trying to get there as soon as possible. 'Almost there...'

“Hey!” yells a voice from my right. A tingle goes up my spine as I turn to see the voice's owner. As I see it's face, I want to let out a groan. Trixie.

“Um...hey, Trixie...”

“Don't 'Um...hey, Trixie...' me! Trixie does not like to be refereed to as such!” she says while pointing her finger at me. “Trixie has been looking for you!”

I sigh while I try to slightly turn my head, trying to see if Sunset is still in view. She is, she's talking to another girl...Fluttershy, I think that's what her name is. I turn my eyes back to Trixie. “What do you want Trixie?”

“Trixie needs to know two things. One, did Sunset Shimmer join the club?!”

Seems I can't escape Sunset Shimmer today. “Not that I know of.”

“Very well...” Trixie begins to tap her foot impatiently, her face scrunching up as she's trying to show she's lost in thought. “Trixie has one other question.”

“Which is?”

“Did Vinyl get all the equipment set up? Trixie needs to know so she can bring her special guitar tomorrow.”

“I uh...if I remember right, she did.”

“Good.” she wags her finger at me again. “Trixie will see you tomorrow then.” She then turns tail and leaves. Another sigh leaves my mouth as I slightly slump over. I don't mind working with Trixie, it's just...she can be really obnoxious sometimes.

My brain clicks as it reminds me to go and ask Sunset about the book. But I'm too late. As I start to look around, she's already gone. 'Blasted Trixie...this is not my day...' I sigh as walk to my locker. 'Maybe I was just imaging things...yeah, that's got to be it...'

BZZZT!

I feel a slight vibration in my purse. My hand quickly reaches inside and pulls out my phone. I tap a side button and the screen pops up. It's a text.

Hey Bonnie! I'm going to Sugarcube Corner with Carrot Top! Wanna come?

'Sugarcube Corner...hmm...guess I could go hang out. Maybe it'll help free my mind from all this weirdness.' I tap the phone's screen a few times.

Sure. Meet you outside of the school.

I put the phone back and proceed to my locker. 'Yeah...let's just forget this all happened. Just go and hang out with Lyra and Carrot Top. Just forget all this happened Bon-Bon...just forget...'

It isn't long till I reach the entrance of the school. There, Lyra is standing and waving her arms in her usual cheerful self. 'I still sometimes can't believe we're dating. Maybe its just because I think she's so adorable.'

“Hey Bonnie! Ready to go?”

“Yeah. I'm ready. Where's Carrot Top?”

Lyra pulls her arm around my shoulders. “She's already almost there. I just came to pick you up Bonnie!”

“Thanks.” I'm probably blushing.

“And don't worry...by the time we get there, I'll convince you that magic ponies exist!”

“What?”

“Yes!” Lyra waves her other arm out in front of me, as if she's trying to show me some hidden horizon. “And I'll show all of their magic tools too! Their magic clouds, magic trains and magic books! All I've got to do is find one...”

It was at that moment, those very words coming out of her that I felt a certain shiver down my spine. My eyes were probably growing in disbelief right now. I always ignored most of Lyra's nonsense. I honestly never really minded it, I just thought she always liked being silly and I loved that part of her. But considering what I had just saw...

“Something wrong Bonnie?”

“Uh...”

“Wait...” Lyra stops and quickly stands in front of me. “That face your giving...”

“Wha-what face?! What do you mean?!”

Her eyes shine like jewels in excitement. “You believe me, don't you?!”

“N-n-n-no! No! No I don't!”

“I know that face Bonnie!” Lyra gives me her 'I told you so' smile. I haven't seen it in months. Her hands tightly grip my shoulders. “You must have saw something. You always told me that I would have to show it to you first before you would believe me...”

“I...”

Her grip tightens as her face get's closer. I can feel my face burning up as I stare into her shining eyes. “But I know that face Bonnie. Something must have happened. What happened? Was it magic?”

“Nothing happened.” I say. I can feel my voice shaking as she tightens her grip even more.

“Tell. Me. Everything.”

Extra Author Note:

Can I say that I am so happy none of you picked Bon-Bon?! I can't believe no one picked her. Guess I'm better at writing Red Herrings than I thought. Bon-Bon was the only character hinted at besides Sunset that uses books in the last chapter. Though I do understand if you all picked Trixie. I shouldn't focused on her so much and I probably should have done another hint. Anyways, here's what you all tried to guess:

Rainbow:2
Rarity:1
Vinyl:2
Lyra:9
Trixie:5
Screwball:3
Luna:2

(I included the blog post guesses.)

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next