• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 10,388 Views, 1,942 Comments

A Lost Sunset - KingJoltik



Sunset Shimmer has betrayed Celestia and entered the mirror to another world. However, the first day in this new world would change everything when an accident causes Sunset Shimmer to lose her memories.

  • ...
34
 1,942
 10,388

PreviousChapters Next
Sunset, Candies, and a Harp

A large yawn flew out of Sunset's mouth. Her arms cricked as she began to stretch. “Ohhh...that was one weird dream.” she said to herself as she began to wriggle out of bed. “Note to self...no more of Celestia's green tea before bed.”

Sunset did her usual morning routine and entered the kitchen. There, she wanted to facepalm as she saw the sight in front of her. “She forgot to buy coffee, didn't she?”

“Yep.” Celesia said while sipping a cup of tea. She shined a sheepish smile as Sunset slumped down in a nearby chair. The two then looked at Luna, who was once again sleeping in one of the chairs. Her head was bent back again, except her mouth was actually closed this time. But not for long.

“OH, MOST WONDERFUL OF-*snore*”

“We're gonna have to carry her to the car again, aren't we?”

“Yep.”

“I AM THOU! THOU ART-*snore*”

“Um, Celestia...could we-”

“Get her some coffee after school since she'll probably forget again? Yes.”

“Yeah...”

One ride to the school later...

The very moment the car stopped in the school's parking lot, Luna's body vanished from the car. Sunset's eyes bugged out as she watched Luna disappear, leaving behind a cartoony looking puff of smoke. “Okay, you have to explain that to me Celestia.”

“When we are at school Sunset, I'm Miss Celestia. Please remember that.” Celestia said in a authoritative tone.

“Sorry.” Sunset said with a sigh. “But seriously, how does Luna sleep the entire trip and then suddenly get up and run to her office in like two seconds?!”

“I don't know.”

“You do know! You said this has happened before yesterday and you wouldn't give me a straight answer then!”

“It has happened before and I still don't know!” Celestia barked back. “Now drop it and go to class Sunset!”

“Fine...sorry I asked.”

“It's perfectly alright Sunset. I don't understand my sister either.” Celestia said as she patted Sunset's back. “Now move along, you have another school day ahead of you.”

“Right...” Sunset readjusted her backpack and walked into the school. 'Why do I get the feeling things won't go well today? Hmm...nah. I'm sure everything will be fine.'

Sunset sat through her next few classes. She found them boring but easy as the day passed. Then, she found herself in the cafeteria once again.

“Hello Sunset.” Fluttershy said as she sat down by Sunset. “How are you today?”

“Oh I'm fine Fluttershy. How are you?”

“Good. I'm going to the animal shelter today, Miss Tree Hugger said they got a bunch of new puppies yesterday and she needs some help.”

“Do you need me to come?”

“Oh no, we should be fine.” Fluttershy chomped on some lettuce. “We recently got a few of the other animals adopted so there won't be that much of a change. Me and Miss Tree Hugger can take care of the new doggies.”

“Okay, if you say so.” Sunset said while sipping some milk. “Just tell me if you need some help, okay?”

“Of course.”

“Hello darlings!” chimed Rarity as she sat down in front of them. “How are my two lovely friends today?”

“Fine.”

“I'm good Rarity.”

“That's great darlings!” Rarity waved her hair back. “So Sunset, are you going to join the Music Club?”

“Oh...uh, I'm still not sure Rarity.” Sunset scratched the back of her head. “I mean, I'm thinking of going back today and...”

“Don't worry about it so much dear.” Rarity waved her hand up and down. “You have plenty of time to find what you're looking for.”

“I know. Thanks Rarity.”

“No problem darling. Now, I just recently got a new idea for a full line of dress designs and-” Rarity began to rant about her latest designs, ready to brag about fashion. Sunset showed a small smile as she listened to her happy friend. The girls continued to talk throughout lunch as time passed on.

Some time later...

Sunset let out a yawn as she opened her locker. Her hand shifted through the books inside, pulling one or two out and taking out a few from her backpack. 'Let's see...where did I put that music book I got yesterday from the library? Hmm...ah! Here it is!' Sunset rearranged the books in the bag and closed her locker. 'Got the last books as well...' Her eyes glanced at the magic book. 'I'm glad I told Twilight to wait till late in the day to write to me. Odd that she's never written to me first till now...' Sunset shrugged and proceeded down the hallway.

Some time later, she found herself in front of the Music Club again. 'Okay Sunset...don't be nervous. Just tell them you're still not sure if you want to join but you still want to try the guitar again. That's all you have to-'

“Hi!” said a voice as it rushed up to Sunset. Sunset did a small hop back in response.

“Um...hi Lyra.” Sunset said as she leaned slightly back. Lyra just stood in front of the club room, her body slowly leaning with a fully piercing glare. “Is something wrong Lyra?”

“I-”

Before Lyra could say another word, a sudden hand covered her mouth. “No Lyra. We agreed on this.” said the hand's owner. “I talk to her first, got it?”

“But Bonnie, I-”

“No.” Bon-Bon said as she turned her head to Sunset. “Sorry about this.”

“But-”

“No buts Lyra. Go and entertain someone else in the clubroom. I need to talk to her, okay?”

“Okay...” Lyra's head drooped down as she turned and slowly walked away. “Phooey...”

“Uh...” stuttered Sunset. “What's going on here?”

“Well...” Bon-Bon scratched the back of her head in response. “You see...um...Sunset, could I ask you a favor?”

“A favor?”

“Yeah. Look...I know we only met yesterday but...” Bon-Bon kept twiddling her thumbs. “Could I talk to you in private?”

“In private? Why?”

“Well...let's just say its something that...” Bon-Bon slapped the side of her head. “Ugh, this is harder than I thought...sorry about this.”

“Um Bon-Bon...why are you shaking like that? I'm not scaring you, am I?”

“No...maybe. Listen...could we just talk somewhere else, please?”

Sunset just gave a confused look. 'I don't understand what's going on.' she thought as she watched Bon-Bon continue to shiver. 'Why am I scaring her?' Sunset let out a slight sigh. “Okay.”

The two slowly left and Bon-Bon directed Sunset to a vacant room. There, the two sat down. Bon-Bon started. “First off, I want to say I'm sorry about how awkward this has been. I know you wanted to come to the Music Club and have fun and-”

“Bon-Bon.” Sunset interrupted.

“Yeah?”

“Look...what is this all about?”

“Right.” Bon-Bon took a deep breath. “Okay...I...I...I...”

“Uh-”

Bon-Bon flashed her palm in Sunset's face. “No. I can do this. Just give me a sec...okay. I saw you yesterday.”

“Yeah. We met at the Music Club.”

“No. I mean...I saw you...at the library.”

“At the...” Sunset's brain began to tick, it's gears moving. Til finally, “Uh...what do you mean by that?”

“I uh...” Bon-Bon leaned in with a determined stare. “I saw you write in that glowing book! I mean, I saw it and I-I-I-I-I” Bon-Bon began to stutter more and more. Sunset on the other hand, just sat there, tried to process what she had just heard. After a few more stutters, Bon-Bon began to rant in a blinding panic, “I saw it cuz I was getting a book in the library and I saw an opening through the bookcase and saw I you and I don't understand and I'm sorry I saw whatever secret that book is!”

“Uh...er...” Sunset gulped. To say she wasn't expecting this was an understatement. 'Okay...she saw the book. And she's freaking out...which is something I kinda want to do as well. Alright Sunset...calm down. Think. How do I explain this? What do I even say? I mean...what do I do?'

Bon-Bon looked at Sunset with worried eyes but Sunset just sat there. Her face was a mix of confusion and fear. The two sat there for a few more minutes till Sunset spoke up, “Okay. First off, have you told anyone about this?”

“Yes...I told Lyra.” Bon-Bon's face turned beet red. “I'm sorry. We're dating and...she can read me like a book sometimes. She knew I was hiding something and I...I told her.”

“Anyone else?”

“No. Just her. And I made her promise not to tell anyone til both of us talked to you.”

“Okay.” Sunset took a deep breath, her head shaking left and right. She rubbed her eyes in disbelief of the whole situation. 'Two people know...okay Sunset. You can do this...' Sunset took another breath. “I know we just met but...I need you to keep this a secret, okay?”

“Keep the book a secret?”

“Yes. And that means Lyra too. I...” Sunset slumped down a little in frustration. “Ugh...I can't believe this is happening...”

“I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry.”

“It's fine Bon-Bon, it's just...” Sunset then grabbed both of Bon-Bon's hands. “Please keep this a secret, okay? Please.”

“Okay.” Bon-Bon nodded. “I promise...”

“Alright...I'm guessing you still want an explanation?”

“Yes...maybe? I don't know. I know Lyra will want one.”

“Alright, let's get Lyra here and I'll explain to you both. You think you can get Lyra to keep it a secret for me?”

“Well-”

“BON-BON! WHERE ARE YOU?!” yelled a voice as it suddenly slammed the room's door open. “Ah-ha! There you are!”

“Trixie?!”

“Trixie has been looking for you! Lyra is acting strange and...” Trixie's hand slowly pointed to Sunset. “What is she doing here?! Wait...Trixie knows what this is! This is some secret meeting between you and her isn't it?! Let me guess, you want her to replace me in the Music Club!”

“Wha-no! We don't want to-”

“Spare Trixie your lies! Trixie suspects there is foul play going on here! Why else are you two alone together?!”

“Trixie, we-”

“Or maybe...Trixie knows now! You two and Lyra have some secret you're hiding and you don't want Trixie to find out! Well, Trixie will find out no matter what!”

“Wait-”

“Do not question Trixie's logic! Trixie will find out exactly what's going on here and-OW!” Trixie yelped as a hand grabbed her ear.

“Stop yelling.” Lyra said as continued pinching. “Go back to the clubroom Trixie. Now!”

“Ow! Stop hurting Trixie!” Trixie pulled away and began rubbing her ear. “Fine...Trixie will figure out what's happening later.” She then leaves, her feet stomping into the floor.

Sunset and Bon-Bon looked at each other in confusion and then back to Lyra. “Did that just happen? And does she always jump to conclusions like that?”

“Yes and yes. Sorry about that.” Lyra said as casually closes the door. “Now...” As if she was some cartoon character, a trail of smoke appeared on the floor as Lyra sprinted like lightning to Sunset's side. “Tell. Me. Everything.”

Author's Note:

The first part of this chapter was really easy to write...but when I got to Bon-Bon...ugh. That was hard. And if you're wondering, this little arc won't end next chapter.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next